Topic: Programming Info.  (Read 1036 times)

Programming Info.
« on: May 17, 2018, 10:22:00 AM »
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch
  • A bunch of big strong boys have arrived.
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
Hey, so first off. If you want to know more about me. Add me on Discord @ Sade#8884.

But, what I'd like to talk about is the developmental requirements for this game to be brought back. I know, DBOG is up and running and many people don't care about this project anymore. But I see somewhat more potential in this one, and don't get me wrong. Both are very appreciated projects to revive this game. I've been with this project specifically for at least 4 - 5 years, ever since I heard about it. But let's get to the point.

This is mostly directed to any staff, but I'm an aspiring developer and with software such as C++ being involved, it gives me some practice and a chance to learn. I'm not saying that I'm planning on using this project as a training service, but more or so. I want to see this project grow more than just this. I'm going to be taking up programming as my profession. And, I find this to be somewhat fun to do. But, I'd like to ask for some slight advice. How long do you believe it's possible to acquire the required knowledge to work on this project efficiently and proficiently.

Please excuse any grammatical errors, I was somewhat in a hurry to write this. I have some things to do tonight. And don't be afraid to be bluntly honest with me, I don't mind. And plus, I see this a learning experience. To have something hands on to work on, instead of just learning things out the book and just waiting to use those skills.

Thank you if you have read this far, any questions please email me or add me or Discord. - Sade D. King (Nickname)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:55:18 AM by selectivecopy, Reason: Notifications »
A bunch of big strong boys approach you. What do you do?

Programming Info.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:30 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Dexterity
  • Honor: 170 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
It's good to see passion, If you didn't see our application thread Here that gives a good idea of roughly all the things you would need to know.

and if you didn't already know of the existence of RageZone(a site which discusses and uploads server sources) you can find several open source copies of either a TW or KR server base you can play around with, most if not all will be with windows however, but there isn't that great of a difference between them thematically, the only massive difference is the way everyone writes code as you probably already understand.

If you have a good grasp on those which are already readily available then you have your answer.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Programming Info.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 02:40:36 AM »
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch
  • A bunch of big strong boys have arrived.
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
and if you didn't already know of the existence of RageZone(a site which discusses and uploads server sources) you can find several open source copies of either a TW or KR server base you can play around with, most if not all will be with windows however, but there isn't that great of a difference between them thematically, the only massive difference is the way everyone writes code as you probably already understand.

As this is a hobby project, I'm not going to stress myself to understand and learn the requirements to programming this project. But as long as the staff of this server are still continuing this project, and they remain on a straight path. I'll be studying this when I have free-time, which I do have at the least  :laugh:. I don't typically stop, I put a lot of effort in something I desire to do. I also want to ask, is there a quicker way to to communicate with any staff than posting on the forum and waiting for a response?

- Edit: I already have software regarding C++, but will software such as the ones linked here (excluding Boost) http://forum.ragezone.com/f881/tutorial-file-1010393/ be viable for tinkering with the client files?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:44:12 AM by selectivecopy, Reason: Extra information. »
A bunch of big strong boys approach you. What do you do?

Programming Info.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:12:17 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Dexterity
  • Honor: 170 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
As this is a hobby project, I'm not going to stress myself to understand and learn the requirements to programming this project. But as long as the staff of this server are still continuing this project, and they remain on a straight path. I'll be studying this when I have free-time, which I do have at the least  :laugh:. I don't typically stop, I put a lot of effort in something I desire to do. I also want to ask, is there a quicker way to to communicate with any staff than posting on the forum and waiting for a response?

- Edit: I already have software regarding C++, but will software such as the ones linked here (excluding Boost) http://forum.ragezone.com/f881/tutorial-file-1010393/ be viable for tinkering with the client files?

All files found on that sub-forum, yes most likely.

Also Typically No, at this current time, here is the best method of contact.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"