Topic: Dragon Ball Super - English Dubbed or English Subbed?  (Read 2046 times)

Dragon Ball Super - English Dubbed or English Subbed?
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:38:16 PM »
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I've just watched dragon ball super episode 1 english dubbed and I was wondering what people prefer! I personally really enjoyed it dubbed, brought back feelings of the good old days. But of course, this has came out a YEAR+ after the subbed so I assume a lot of people watch it subbed now? What do you guys like better?!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:15:57 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Dexterity
  • Honor: 170 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
I personally haven't watched a single episode of sub, i'll probably wait til it's fully released in Dub before i even watch that aswell.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 06:01:31 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Not a big fan of the dubbed to be honest. (Even though I first watched it dubbed. Shocking right?)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:52:37 PM by LordWilhelmIV »

'Listen, Son Goku. You are the personification of the failure of the Gods who've created this universe!'

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
I watch animes mostly with subs. Cuz the japanese do a good job at being the character they give their voice to. Was a bit strange to watch DBS with subs tho cuz that was the first time for me not watching DB in german and DB/DBZ in german is actually dubbed good. the voice of the characters fit in very good.
Then i tried to watch it in English Dub...meh...didn't really like it xD
And i watched other Anime in english dub too...or tried it...all were bad to me. Dunno why but the way the voice actors were talking didn't fit the character 100%. That's why English Dub sucks to me  :))

Subs rule ^^
*click for original size*

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 01:38:06 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
I'm more of a manga person, so when it comes to the old Dragon Ball subs and dubs, I don't really have an opinion.  I have yet to see the DBS dub, but overall the sub is pretty solid.  Of course, we're technically getting two English dubs, so I think a better question would be "Sub, Dub, or Dub".   As long as the Funi dub has the same voice quality as the movies had, I shouldn't mind, not sure which I would prefer tho.
We WILL Protect the Peace!