Topic: Super Saiyan  (Read 1684 times)

Super Saiyan
« on: October 16, 2016, 05:06:19 AM »

Offline uNo

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
This is all personal opinion maybe if they read this they will get an example of what the community wants. Thats all I really could think of on the spot too make it into the game. Without being too hard the hardest one to add into the game would be the time machine quest.

Oh and the get it automatically means after level 40. Thanks goodbye!

this also goes for all other transformations like Giant Namekian and Kid Buu
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:12:48 AM by uNo, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Super Saiyan
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 05:55:10 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Something I didn't mention in the other post was this:

SSJ is just like kaioken, but almost as useful as kaioken with 2 sp and less useful than kaioken with 3 sp.

But the point is seen when you look at how OP great namekians and pure majins are. If you get those guys for free, they're so OP without trying. It also doesn't fit in with the story. SSJ, GN and PM all got so rare after wars died down. Pure Majins are seen around, but they had to be genetically created, and they're very rogue. Great nameks were already rare to start with. And there're no saiyans, just super humans with like 0.00125% saiyan blood.

The wish from shenron pushes the potential of the wisher by giving them the transformation of their ancestors. However you can see the limitations of the hosts bodies. Huge energy drain on humans, duration on nameks, speed on majins, these limitations show that this isn't natural, along with the cooldown.

So yea. DBO was good enough. Balls are useless otherwise anyway.

Super Saiyan
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 06:48:21 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Transformations was the #1 reason why ppl were hunting for dragonballs. So i wouldn't change it.
The only thing i would change is, that we can wish for transformations at lvl 50...just like back in the good old KR days :D

Cuz let's face it...we don't really need transformations at lvl 40. People mostly use it for fun. I really didn't like the announcement of lowering the lvl requirement. So many noobs who thought they were OP....hated them. Always looking for fights and if you tried to ignore they were sh*t talking/following you while being annoying af! Was fun to beat the sh*t out of them to make them wait 1h for another transformation tho...

So basically: Let it stay as an option to wish for but at lvl 50+ instead of 40  :))
*click for original size*

Super Saiyan
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I agree with Luffy. I think lvl 40 is too early to have the transforrmation (and it makes kaio-ken even more irrelevant). In my opinion they were not that useful for pvp, pve was kinda useful (especially pure maijin), but they were cool to have, and could give a power boost against bosses in uds for example.

The game is a walk in the park in the first 40 levels, they it gets somewhat slower to level up, but still pretty easy. It only starts to get harder after lvl50-55, so that would be the best part to unlock a new transformation.
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

Super Saiyan
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Well I mean, when the lvl cap was 60, level 40 transformations were great; but I guess with the increased cap, a lvl 50 transformation sounds a bit ok. My only issue with level 50 transformations is that level 42 is really the start of your master class, most characters need their transformation to withstand level 40 - 50 things. ie my Turtle.

Super Saiyan
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »
    • View Profile
Well I mean, when the lvl cap was 60, level 40 transformations were great; but I guess with the increased cap, a lvl 50 transformation sounds a bit ok. My only issue with level 50 transformations is that level 42 is really the start of your master class, most characters need their transformation to withstand level 40 - 50 things. ie my Turtle.

Use Kaioken xD
That's what ppl did back in KR times. Kaioken + Teamplay with others. If you prefer doing quests alone then so be it. But lvl 40-50 was easy so i don't really see a problem. Was a SM in KR too and i was questing all alone except for a few times. TMQ was easy even without transformations. For Dungeons (lvl 40 dungeon) and UD get some people + use Kaioken. Easy.

Also, although i'd love to see them removed forever, we still have autopots (maybe? xD). If DBOR keeps the autopots then i hope they won't allow them to be used in PvP cuz they were annoying af!. If they would only be available for PvE (which would kinda be ok to me) it could help the cry babies who think lvl 40-50 without transformations is too hard. And if they still have problems it's cuz they dunno how to play a.k.a. noobs, a.k.a they suck  ^-^

DBO was way too easy. We need some challenges.

Super Saiyan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 01:00:58 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
The only problem with this is that we have to hold on to dragon balls until lvl50. I only started to farm at level 30-35, so that I would have all balls when I got to level 40 to get the transformation. If the transformation has to be the first wish at level 50 then I guess I'll start farming db's at level45.

Super Saiyan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 02:52:12 AM »
    • View Profile
lmao...that's not a real problem  :))

it's just a decision ppl make. When i made a Poko, i wished for dragon buffs before i hit lvl 40. Then after hitting lvl 40, i started looking for more db mobs to get GN. Just wish for a dragon buff and start collecting dragonballs again instead of wasting inventory space until you reach the required lvl....  :-X ::)

Super Saiyan
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 07:49:52 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I was always told that to wish for transformation, you had to be lvl 40 and it had to be your first wish... OMFGD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I guess I have no cons for lvl 50 transformation... Yay

Super Saiyan
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Quite lazy to read all that but I think wishing for Super Saiyan is a must because of two reasons:

First, Toriyama's lore says that the current humans have so little % of Saiyan blood in them that they're not able to unlock Super Saiyan by themselves.

Second, it takes away the pride in having it. Every level 40 character can go Super Saiyan? Lame. You have to hunt down the Dragon Balls and wish for it? Neat! Games are too easy now-a-days and I'd like if there's an actual challenge to it.

By the way, I guess that by "Super Saiyan" you mean like all race transformations, because it would be really, really unfair for only humans to get a free transformation at level 40.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Super Saiyan
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
Wishing for it makes the game a bit more challenging and exciting,