Topic: Donation plans?  (Read 1044 times)

Donation plans?
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »

Offline uNo

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
How do you guys expect to get the money.. For the server upkeep? Maybe this was asked before but... In order to keep a server stable needs server upkeep the price of that is like 190$ a month. With a completely f2p game sure you may get alot of players.. And slight donations... But how are you guys going to manage pulling that one off..? Paying out of your own pockets?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:25:09 PM by Luke[Dumke] »

Donation plans?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:48:59 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
i'm dead sure DBOR will have at least 200 players. If every single one of them donates 1$...well...there you have a running server xD

Also it's easy: If you wanna play the game, help with a donation. No donation = no game  :-X

In bad times we still can go to a bank...with masks...and "ask" for money  >:D
*click for original size*

Donation plans?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
i'm dead sure DBOR will have at least 200 players. If every single one of them donates 1$...well...there you have a running server xD

Also it's easy: If you wanna play the game, help with a donation. No donation = no game  :-X

In bad times we still can go to a bank...with masks...and "ask" for money  >:D

Don't forget the gun. That always helps when "asking" for money.

Back on topic: They will enable donation options once the project has advanced enough. They will use those donations to maintain the server(s), along with the advertisement money, which right now is pretty much nothing but it should be increasing once the server is up and running, or at least close to that.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Donation plans?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:07:03 AM »

Offline uNo

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Well im not saying im not going to donate but i would prefer getting rewarded instead of getting nothing to pay unless its pay to play. Then atleast i get to play the game maybe they should do that then buy the rights off of the game company?

only one problem with what i said i can only donate to people that live in side of america.. Not outside because of my gift cards etc... from guardian and ssi.

Donation plans?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Well im not saying im not going to donate but i would prefer getting rewarded instead of getting nothing to pay unless its pay to play. Then atleast i get to play the game maybe they should do that then buy the rights off of the game company?

only one problem with what i said i can only donate to people that live in side of america.. Not outside because of my gift cards etc... from guardian and ssi.

Then again, getting rewarded for your donation with items is literally buying something but lamely camouflaged under a different term. There's no way to hide it. Buying the rights to DBO will cost a fortune and even the illegal money a certain project is making through their cash shop won't be enough. Buying the rights to a game is something triple A companies do, since it's an amount only a small percentage of the world can afford.

The only "reward" for your donations should be the satisfaction of helping keep up the server for a game you want to play.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Donation plans?
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 02:02:14 AM »

Offline uNo

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
True. I just like the feel of satisfaction receiving a item that other people cant receive.