Topic: Upgrade System and Cash Shop plans?  (Read 5988 times)

Upgrade System and Cash Shop plans?
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2016, 01:51:43 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Dude, white stones existed before for reason omg...
If you remove them, then vanilla DBO you pray for, won't exist...
Plus, white stone only protected item and when it breaks you get it with +0, if I remember...

Soo start again and again and again x9000....

Like you said, I will quote you:"Do not touch working system!".
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2016, 11:13:29 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Viciouss da Zombie Raver
then do 2 servers 1 with break downgrade and other with only fail and sucess.i guarantee 2nd will have more ppl.
something like this will be the best tbh http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Relic_Weapons/Quest
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
But with this it would be plain 50/50 chance. Just like flipping a coin...
And to me this would mean: People who manage to get many stones will also easily upgrade. It's 50/50 so all you need are many stones. Even if you would get downgrade you would just need to spam stones until you get what you want. Same as in flipping a coin. You flip it and don't get what you want. What do you do? You just continue spam flipping until you get what you want which will be easy cuz the coin has only 2 sides (50/50 chance)

I tell you guys...even if you hate it (cuz i hate it too), Break option is needed. All your suggestions here make upgrade too easy imo. I read it and was like "sounds cool". But then i thought about the ingame part and this is why i keep answering here. It just won't really work. And it will damage the ingame economy for sure.
I do see your point indeed. To be brutally honest I could care less about upgrading, whether it be hard or easy. I will give it a shot of course, but only when it's a last resort type of thing. I'd rather play and enjoy the game first.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
upgrade is the heart of endgame and for enjoy all dunegons u need atleast +12 and +10
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2016, 09:17:18 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
then do 2 servers 1 with break downgrade and other with only fail and sucess.i guarantee 2nd will have more ppl.

lol..ofc ppl would play on 2nd one. Because it would be easier there. People like easy things...
DBO overall was an easy game and no one can deny this. The only hard thing was upgrading. So take that away and you'll get an easy boring game which will just suck after some time.

upgrade is the heart of endgame and for enjoy all dunegons u need atleast +12 and +10

lol again. My sh*t was mostly around +8 and +9 and i still rocked in Dungeons. To "enjoy" dungeons you need a good team. Even if they all don't have +10 or more you can still do it. Dude...back in DBO my Team even took ppl with +4 stuff into dungeons...we still won (well...thx to stupid speed attack tho).

I tell you bro, you are just mad cuz you made bad experience with upgrade system. But so did i. You got mad and you still are mad. I got mad too cuz i lost some stuff. But unlike you, i see upgrading as a challenge. It's the only reason to keep farming, doing dungeons to get money and try upgrading. I saw some ppl who already had like +12,+13,+14,+15 stuff and just stopped playing cuz they got bored. And yes they also had other chars but they still didn't play. Others had a reason to play cuz they still had to work on EQ...then again some others who simply enjoyed the game. And those ppl with high upgrades just showed up for budokai and dojo fights.
*click for original size*

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2016, 12:36:31 PM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
cc 150 is not easy,and rather on upgrade hcllanche i will prefer harder dunegons.some ppl need "easy" things for enjoy.yook a loock on ffxiv and this is what is my meaning of mmorpg,not a chamce but something on meritocracy,anyway more ppl=more money for server isnt better?told you upgrade easyer is needed even because some high rate server iwill open one day
and btw i never quitted even when i was have perfect gear,i was enjoying do dunegons or stay in arena with friends

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 01:57:15 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Wait. If the "breaking" of a weapon can be nullified(returning the weapon to +0). Why should this option be removed?
I mean even I don't like systems like this. But this is a perfect economy/grinding system to make trades and things as such viable. A good option would be making the weapon breakable after +4/6(There was safe enchant in Lineage 2 till +3) or something like that(If it  isn't already like this).

This is also a pretty much good way to balance the end game...

I think that my limited knowledge around DBO is effecting my comment a lot though. So I will just leave my opinion and won't say anything more. Iceman and Luffy did provide some pretty convincing reasons for not changing the system and I pretty much agree.

I do believe that the safe enchant is a good way to go as an upgrade though. Again, if it isn't already implanted.

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 04:17:16 AM »

Offline Ren

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Confine, Murcielago!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
There was a safe enchant, you could get to +6 with armour and +8 for weapons without breaking. For the armour you needed to get to +3 and use a green stone for a chance of getting it +6. Similarly with weapons you get to +5 and use a purple stone for a chance of getting it to +8. If you didn't get the max you just downgrade your gear and try again.

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 06:18:06 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
personally i dont like grind or spend money and have less of what i start,i dont say make upgrade instaant but just remove downgrade

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 06:55:38 AM »
    • View Profile
personally i dont like grind or spend money and have less of what i start,i dont say make upgrade instaant but just remove downgrade

not trying to be mean now...but this explains this Thread and why you want it to change so bad xD
If only you would know what amount of zenny i threw away back in DBO ...pretty sure you would cry hahahahaha  :))
when dbo got shut down i had like 6 or 7kkk zenny left. Dunno how much exactly cuz i obviously had the money divided on my chars...

You are mad cuz upgrading hit you and many others hard back in DBO. Now you wanna have it easier.
I got hit hard too. But unlike you i kept on working to get the results i want. Went so far that i started liking PvE more than PvP xD

#DontChangeUpgradeSystem #NoOneWantsDBOToBecomeEasierThanItWas #EasyGameIsBoring

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2016, 08:19:47 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
i had waaaaaaaaaaaay more zeni than you XD
i was have like 5 accounts for bank of zeni,something around 15kkk(1kkk per char plus or minus)
i invested 5kkk try upgrading my pole,that was +11 and u know what happen? i got it to +8 at the end of the day after i buyed all that zeni and used all that money.so i start buying gear from a tw site like ebay,and i get my armour for 30 dollars each peace.then i buyed gloves from a friend for 2.5kkk (+12 gloves) and a friend of mine gift me +15 pole he made with 800 euros,with my gear almost all +12 i was barely decent.now tell me if this is good upgrade system,after all the money i spend i got nothing in the end
if was good upgrade system with 5kkk atleast my pole should gone +12 (i used around 100 stones,white from cash shop ofc)
in kr i get easy my gear to +8 and was vey competitive and good(i cashed just for core stones for prevent break of scramble gloves/dragon pole) but that was before patch level 55 that was make op SK,when was still reps,scramble gloves was white,and fighter was a dodger without that gay pot(i tanked cc floor 1-15 easy with my fighter +8)
so,atleast give us old upgrade system,there with corestone u wasnt can go more down of +6 if upgrade fail and was waaaaaaaaay better

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2016, 09:00:47 AM »
    • View Profile
well...sucks to be you then lmao xD

still not a really good reason to change upgrading system. You made bad experience and i can understand you. You were just unlucky af. Especially cuz you actually spent money xD

I didn't pay a single $ in DBO. Got everything through farming and putting time into my char...lots of time.
So i still won't say you are right^^

Since i worked for everything i had in DBO and gained experience in the economic part of the game i can tell you for sure, that the changes you want will kill the economy. I can only repeat....if break option is gone, there will be too many weaps and eq parts and price will drop. If you only remove downgrade, then upgrading will be easy af. All you would need are white stones and luck. And the price for them will rise high...really high... Doesn't matter if you remove break or downgrade...upgrade will be a plain 50/50 luck based thing.

And this makes upgrade too easy. That's why i say don't change it. Upgrading was the last big thing to work on. DBO is overall an easy game. Only upgrade was hard and it was good this way.  ;) ...even if you lost your stuff. Sounds crazy and all but it's also the truth.

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
kr economy was good,and with corestone u cant go lower of +6
balance was different btw and the game was better

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »

Offline Manphu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • El. Psy. Kongroo
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
There was a safe enchant, you could get to +6 with armour and +8 for weapons without breaking. For the armour you needed to get to +3 and use a green stone for a chance of getting it +6. Similarly with weapons you get to +5 and use a purple stone for a chance of getting it to +8. If you didn't get the max you just downgrade your gear and try again.

Then I honestly don't see any real problem with the upgrading system.
Spoiler for Me ranting for my past with Lineage:
I was playing for almost 10-12 years Lineage 2, there is no downgrade there. Your weapon just breaks, with a 66% chance, and if you had dual swords the percent would go as high as 70-72% if the private server wasn't balanced enough. So yeah, I know how it feels to see your so loved equipment, that you had to craft and farm for more than 3 or 4 days(and this at a mid-high rate private server), just break. That doesn't mean that it was not a perfect system to keep the economy and game running at end-game. It really made the fighting over materials, bosses, farming areas and castles a lot more interesting too.

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2016, 09:44:02 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
problem is stones for prevent brak will be extremly rare,this actual system is maked for make ppl buy them from cash shop,if will drop price will be too high for just a chance,if they wanna keep this shit system endgame daily quests should give loads of stones

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
problem is stones for prevent brak will be extremly rare,this actual system is maked for make ppl buy them from cash shop,if will drop price will be too high for just a chance,if they wanna keep this shit system endgame daily quests should give loads of stones

How you know will they be rare or not?
It is for devs to decide but we can all agree on it.

Clear TMQ or DG with 10%-20% chance of getting 1 of white stone.
I think this will be cool for everyone who loves PVE and if you don't like PVE then cash, get zeni and buy them in cash shop.
In cash shop you could get 10 of white stones each week, yes 10 per week is nice limit.

I suggest that white stones be binded on pick up and to be in cash/donator shop.
This would be kinda reason for people to donate and run those TMQ and DG.
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2016, 10:12:40 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
that and a milestone will be good

GRATZ to dbog to become p2w :D
3 stones white 3 dollars :D
ahahahah now u guys understand my point?open your eyes upgrade system isnt make for make the game harder is make for make u spend real cash
this problem will not exist by removing whitestones from game and make downgrade no more possible,instead using more stones for upgrade and fail can happen but item will stay the same
now more cash more win
GG
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:16:19 AM by Blaka »

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
i was thinking if the problem is this,then make gear from quests not downgredable/brekable,that gear was decent for pve,and get them to +12/+10 will can make u run all dunegons and not have problems if u lose other items,since u got that and u can play
Modify message