nooooo Luke i was joking about the NC-17 link xD
  • October 14, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
    :)) :))
  • October 14, 2017, 07:41:40 AM
    DBhORor
  • October 11, 2017, 09:41:15 PM
    [link]
  • October 11, 2017, 09:21:31 AM
    That moment when I should be studying but I try to get distracted by anything and come check the forums :v
  • October 11, 2017, 09:19:03 AM
    wut
  • October 11, 2017, 08:32:20 AM
    happyyy late birthday lukee
  • October 11, 2017, 07:13:32 AM
    happy belated
  • October 11, 2017, 02:15:37 AM
    Happy Birthday  :hype:
  • October 10, 2017, 03:03:11 AM
    Happy B.Day Luke  :hbd:
  • October 10, 2017, 02:44:58 AM
    :popo:
  • October 10, 2017, 12:48:33 AM
    :hbd: :hbd:
  • October 09, 2017, 01:28:05 PM
    :8000:
  • October 09, 2017, 08:07:55 AM
    BoOoOOoO
  • October 09, 2017, 08:07:42 AM
    halllloooowweeeenn
  • October 09, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen: Ray Ray. [link] p.s: if you haven't seen the movie yet, go and do it. ofc you watch the first movie then the second one. it's actually nice^^
  • October 09, 2017, 07:51:34 AM
  • October 08, 2017, 04:06:36 AM
    ahh f*ck...forgot... [link]
  • October 08, 2017, 04:06:23 AM
    *sees spooky theme* ... ---> [youtube]Xvjnoagk6GU[/youtube]
  • October 08, 2017, 02:08:04 AM
    Dragon Ball Online Revelations: Spooky Edition
  • October 07, 2017, 05:35:01 AM
    It's Spoonbob
  • October 07, 2017, 04:46:13 AM
    who dat weirdo, monkey?
  • October 06, 2017, 08:51:22 PM
    with a lot of fantasy it is out [link]
  • October 06, 2017, 10:00:37 AM
    Is this game still not out?
  • October 06, 2017, 08:45:53 AM
  • October 04, 2017, 07:55:17 AM
    D=
  • October 04, 2017, 07:26:48 AM
    D:
  • October 04, 2017, 04:06:33 AM
    ;)
  • October 04, 2017, 02:03:01 AM
    :haaaah:

Topic: DC Injustice 2 trailer  (Read 2731 times)

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:33:02 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
Supergirl in it, I hope they add Jason Todd or red hood and naughtyword Grayson instead of Damian Wayne this time around

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 09:34:41 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I can already predict the #1 problem with this game, unfortunately...

Namely that you can power up Batman to a ridiculous, game breaking level that no other character can match, but immediately forfeits if you say "MARTHA!" into a microphone.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Namely that you can power up Batman to a ridiculous, game breaking level that no other character can match, but immediately forfeits if you say "MARTHA!" into a microphone.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME?!

from a story telling point of few, it was a legit and perfect method of humanizing superman to batman, but watching was incredibly stupid ahahah.

Sure the suits look wicked, but what's the point for Supergirl and Superman? or even Wonder Woman?

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME?!

from a story telling point of few, it was a legit and perfect method of humanizing superman to batman, but watching was incredibly stupid ahahah.

Sure the suits look wicked, but what's the point for Supergirl and Superman? or even Wonder Woman?

Wonder Woman actually plays a LOT differently than Supes in the first game (he flies around punching stuff and shooting heat rays, while she can switch between floating and using her whip, or ground-based close combat with a sword and shield).

As for Supergirl? Dunno, but hoping she plays a bit more uniquely than just "Superman but a girl."

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Wonder Woman actually plays a LOT differently than Supes in the first game (he flies around punching stuff and shooting heat rays, while she can switch between floating and using her whip, or ground-based close combat with a sword and shield).

I wasn't talking about her fighting style, but them having suits, sure flash and batman are fine, flash has used suits to augment his powers before.

well so has superman, actually.

nevermind.

But supergirl is kinda just female superman, that's how it is when you have exactly the same powers.

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I wasn't talking about her fighting style, but them having suits, sure flash and batman are fine, flash has used suits to augment his powers before.

well so has superman, actually.

nevermind.

But supergirl is kinda just female superman, that's how it is when you have exactly the same powers.

> Meaning of your statement

> My head
Don't I look silly? :yamcha:

As for the whole "they have the same powers, so they'll play the same" thing... it's certainly possible, but I don't remember if Zod (who was also in the first game, and has the same powers as Supes) played the same or not. Actually, it's entirely possible I never played as him.

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
> Meaning of your statement

> My head
Don't I look silly? :yamcha:

As for the whole "they have the same powers, so they'll play the same" thing... it's certainly possible, but I don't remember if Zod (who was also in the first game, and has the same powers as Supes) played the same or not. Actually, it's entirely possible I never played as him.

They probably won't play the same, but they'll have the same move sets, i'd imagine.

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
I hope that we get to see Deadshot and Azreal in this game, that would be really cool!

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 12:46:52 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Not a fan of fighting games or that much of superheroes for all that matter and it's not like I have a console to play the game with so I don't have much to say here and haven't even seen the video, but I'm really surprised @Kiyza hasn't posted yet...
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:39 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Not a fan of fighting games or that much of superheroes for all that matter and it's not like I have a console to play the game with so I don't have much to say here and haven't even seen the video, but I'm really surprised @Kiyza hasn't posted yet...

It was actually impossible to play the first one without a controller, and that annoyed the shit out of me.

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 12:54:36 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
It was actually impossible to play the first one without a controller, and that annoyed the shit out of me.

Wait, it's on PC? That's even worse! I'm pretty sure my Wii has better graphics than my laptop.
MarineCorps

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 02:39:25 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

I believe her official stance on Injustice was "it's a kusoge."

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 03:32:20 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

Well, that's Kiyza's official stance on almost every fighting game except the ones with this character... Potemkin? Did I get it right? I'm quite sure I've never heard her say anything good of any fighting game other than those.
MarineCorps

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 06:04:20 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian

I was busy playing a good fighting game all day yesterday, so that's why I didn't reply.

I watched the announcement trailer and I'm not really sure what to comment on other than the simple fact that I hate this trend of making trailers for video games that have nothing to do with video games. It would be like a movie trailer showing no footage from an actual film. It's really stupid. Fortunately, we at least have press releases to determine what's going to be going on with the game, and lemme tell you, it's not making me hopeful at all, because they're trying to make it like the app game for Injustice because that game made Netherrealm a lot of money through microtransactions.

Yeah, basically.

Just to give you an idea of what's going on with the game, here's what the official press release had to say:

The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match.”

Whenever you play the game there will be a loot drop that gives you the chance to get character-specific gear. You can then customize your fighter and change up how you fight and will be totally unique to you.

Source here.

Oh, and there are going to be microtransactions and such in order to get this gear, because those are all the rage. Pay-to-win is the biggest cancer plaguing video games and it has absolutely no place in a fighter that wants to be taken seriously. I know I don't really think any of Netherrealm's fighters should be taken seriously to begin with, but this is basically making it Dragon Ball Xenoverse with DC characters, minus the player avatar thing.

I don't have a problem paying for additional characters or alternate costumes and color pallets, but this is just ridiculous. It's probably going to be more of a penny pincher than the way most fighters release new versions of the game year after year and you have to buy a new copy of the game to play the same version with other people.

Well, that's Kiyza's official stance on almost every fighting game except the ones with this character... Potemkin? Did I get it right? I'm quite sure I've never heard her say anything good of any fighting game other than those.

As much as I like Guilty Gear, it's not like it's the only fighter I play, just the one I'm working with the most because I like its gameplay the best and my main really "clicks" with me. I've at least tried out almost every major fighter released in the past console generation -- and a bunch no one has ever heard of -- and I'll probably end up giving the current and upcoming Xbox One and PS4 exclusive releases a shot before the year ends. I also really like BlazBlue, Darkstalkers (even if it's dead), and Under Night In-Birth, I'll play Smash casually, even if the fact that its fans refuse to play more casual matches for fun and won't even touch other fighters drives me insane. I think Street Fighter, UMvC3, and Skullgirls are fine, but they're not my cup of tea. I'm also looking forward to trying out Killer Instinct soon.

I don't actually think there are a lot of bad fighting games out there, just a lot of different strokes for different folks. That said, I think the first Injustice was actually garbage and it bothered me as someone who reads comics even more than someone who likes fighting games. I've got a rant somewhere about what I don't like about the gameplay in Injustice and the two most recent Mortal Kombat games, but it would probably sound like jargon to someone who doesn't play fighters. The best I can say about Injustice is that its story mode is so bad it's good, and the comic prequel is probably the second best bad-good comic I've read, coming in second after the Doom one-shot.

I just wish a more competent developer could have ended up with the license to make a DC fighter. The only problem is that Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Smash Bros. are the only fighting game series that print money, and Marvel and DC's current unfriendly rivalry means that a DC Vs CAPCOM would have been impossible and I probably don't have have to explain why Nintendo wouldn't do it. I also really hate DC's current obsession with making their adaptations dark and edgy mature and serious, because they think that because it works for Batman, every character has to be like Batman. Oh, and making Superman a villain and portraying him like he's the strongest and hottest thing ever drives me up the wall.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:12:50 AM by Kiyza »

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I was busy playing a good fighting game all day yesterday, so that's why I didn't reply.

I watched the announcement trailer and I'm not really sure what to comment on other than the simple fact that I hate this trend of making trailers for video games that have nothing to do with video games. It would be like a movie trailer showing no footage from an actual film. It's really stupid. Fortunately, we at least have press releases to determine what's going to be going on with the game, and lemme tell you, it's not making me hopeful at all, because they're trying to make it like the app game for Injustice because that game made Netherrealm a lot of money through microtransactions.

Yeah, basically.

Just to give you an idea of what's going on with the game, here's what the official press release had to say:

Source here.

Oh, and there are going to be microtransactions and such in order to get this gear, because those are all the rage. Pay-to-win is the biggest cancer plaguing video games and it has absolutely no place in a fighter that wants to be taken seriously. I know I don't really think any of Netherrealm's fighters should be taken seriously to begin with, but this is basically making it Dragon Ball Xenoverse with DC characters, minus the player avatar thing.

I don't have a problem paying for additional characters or alternate costumes and color pallets, but this is just ridiculous. It's probably going to be more of a penny pincher than the way most fighters release new versions of the game year after year and you have to buy a new copy of the game to play the same version with other people.

As much as I like Guilty Gear, it's not like it's the only fighter I play, just the one I'm working with the most because I like its gameplay the best and my main really "clicks" with me. I've at least tried out almost every major fighter released in the past console generation -- and a bunch no one has ever heard of -- and I'll probably end up giving the current and upcoming Xbox One and PS4 exclusive releases a shot before the year ends. I also really like BlazBlue, Darkstalkers (even if it's dead), and Under Night In-Birth, I'll play Smash casually, even if the fact that its fans refuse to play more casual matches for fun and won't even touch other fighters drives me insane. I think Street Fighter, UMvC3, and Skullgirls are fine, but they're not my cup of tea. I'm also looking forward to trying out Killer Instinct soon.

I don't actually think there are a lot of bad fighting games out there, just a lot of different strokes for different folks. That said, I think the first Injustice was actually garbage and it bothered me as someone who reads comics even more than someone who likes fighting games. I've got a rant somewhere about what I don't like about the gameplay in Injustice and the two most recent Mortal Kombat games, but it would probably sound like jargon to someone who doesn't play fighters. The best I can say about Injustice is that its story mode is so bad it's good, and the comic prequel is probably the second best bad-good comic I've read, coming in second after the Doom one-shot.

I just wish a more competent developer could have ended up with the license to make a DC fighter. The only problem is that Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Smash Bros. are the only fighting game series that print money, and Marvel and DC's current unfriendly rivalry means that a DC Vs CAPCOM would have been impossible and I probably don't have have to explain why Nintendo wouldn't do it. I also really hate DC's current obsession with making their adaptations dark and edgy mature and serious, because they think that because it works for Batman, every character has to be like Batman. Oh, and making Superman a villain and portraying him like he's the strongest and hottest thing ever drives me up the wall.

Theeere you go. That's what I was expecting when I asked for Kiyza. Lots of ranting. :P

Some people I just want to watch the world burn!
MarineCorps

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 03:32:51 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 04:32:01 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

Based on that video, I still barely know how the game plays... Unless those are like game fatalities or something.
MarineCorps

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
Based on that video, I still barely know how the game plays... Unless those are like game fatalities or something.
mostly likely it will play very similar to the last injustice and mortal combat, I like it tbh I'm preorder when i get the chance.

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
I really really dislike the character designs.

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »

Offline doomguy1

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Want some free candy kids?
YES WE NOW FINALLY HAVE THE HIGH GOD TIER AQUAMAN WE HAVE ALWAYS WANTED AND NEEDED
I am the troll under the bridge

DC Injustice 2 trailer
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 03:15:19 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian

Those "fatalities", if they work like the last game, are just Injustice's supers. They take forever to complete and you could probably take a bathroom break and be back by the time they finish. Either that or they're the level transitions you get when you hit an opponent through the corner of a stage, which also take forever. Fatalities only happen at the end of a match in Mortal Kombat, so they're distinct from that.

The gameplay doesn't look any different from the first Injustice from what I can see. All I notice is that Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitous, and Black Manta are on the roster now. The roster choices are probably the only thing I don't hate right now, considering those are all solid villain picks and we're getting characters like Swamp Thing teased.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U