Topic: Question about DBOR release  (Read 24191 times)

Question about DBOR release
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
Here's kind of my current take on the situation, and it's fairly similar to be Bardock's.  If I'm being honest with myself, I can't say for sure whether or not this game is still going to happen.  Some of you may consider this doubting, but it's fairly common knowledge that when the devs stay quiet for this long, usually it's not for a good reason, particularly after fairly steady updates.  I don't know exactly what's going on, but I have a feeling there isn't much work being done right now, no offense to the team.

That being said, for those of you who are like "you guys are morons for still being on here," one, why are you commenting on it or being on the forums at all, and two; some of us are here because, in case you didn't know, you can in fact have friends on the internet.   A big shocker for some of you, I'm sure.  I'm here because I'm good friends with quite a few people on here, and while the game itself might not be much of a reason right now, the people here are a good enough of a reason for me to stick around. 

And if you feel like "I could have finished this game months ago," congratulations, if you're actually that good I'm sure Dumke wouldn't mind taking a look at your resume.  http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=8225.0

That's all I have to say, Shyruni out.

:peace:

I fully agree with you in that. Its the only explanation I found about why the team is so hermetic with their progress after 3 years.

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 07:47:28 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I fully agree with you in that. Its the only explanation I found about why the team is so hermetic with their progress after 3 years.
I looked at the staff list and find that there are only three developers (including Dumke). Unless there is more developers, that is the smallest developer team I have ever seen.

'Listen, Son Goku. You are the personification of the failure of the Gods who've created this universe!'

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 06:21:58 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
You know it's bad when the naughtyword riders aren't defending the  lack of updates

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
    • View Profile
Ima veteran to these forums and ima give you a truthful answer with no bs like most people like to comment......

The game is most likely NEVER going to get released because "the boat is sinking faster than the crew can repair". Much (not all) of the community gave up, lost patience and/or faith in the revival and opted out. There is a reason dbor went from "Independent team" to recruiting developers. This very thread is just part of the cycle.....Someone questions dbor release>many people respond>admin closes thread saying we need to be patient>weeks or months pass>repeat

TL;DR There is never going to be a release date, if so it will be YEARS from now with current progress/updates.

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Formerly known as Rhamus,Harkat,ZFighter in DBO TW
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
Ima veteran to these forums and ima give you a truthful answer with no bs like most people like to comment......

The game is most likely NEVER going to get released because "the boat is sinking faster than the crew can repair". Much (not all) of the community gave up, lost patience and/or faith in the revival and opted out. There is a reason dbor went from "Independent team" to recruiting developers. This very thread is just part of the cycle.....Someone questions dbor release>many people respond>admin closes thread saying we need to be patient>weeks or months pass>repeat

TL;DR There is never going to be a release date, if so it will be YEARS from now with current progress/updates.

Well put sir

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 09:14:47 PM »

Offline Puffy

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Lithuanian Soldier
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
They don't even bother replying in here anymore. Been here since the very beginning of the project, didn't post anything much though as my entire guild has already given up waiting for this.
It seems to me that they have almost stopped working on this mostly because they have their own lives, problems and etc. The problem is, they don't want to lose the entire community and, well, saying, that the project died is quite hard. And I understand them. But I'd prefer a straightforward truth than sweet lies (sorry if that sounded offensive).

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 04:49:51 AM »
    • View Profile
  • GOD

Hello my friend! Long time no see, i wonder if you forget to welcome me, or maybe you just ignoring me?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:56:59 AM by BadPicollo »

Guide for beginners, if you write post against/about me you can't miss and forget about:
Broken english - this is very very important, next is troll and trying to act like an anime character from avatar/signature, etc... We can't also forget to add about keyboard warrior with 100% dodge and p*ssy in real life, without life, you know.

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 06:08:27 AM »

Offline Goku61

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
Just look at the newest update from the dbor team they look for programers and stuff. That already says everything just face the truth this game wont come out in the near future. They probably didnt stop working on it completely but they dont work for it like they used to do. Im waiting for this shitgame for too many years now and im sick of it. Dragonball Online as a whole is not even a good game compared to our newer games for example BnS. People just play it because yeah its Dragonball and thats my reason too.
Not telling us anything for 3 month now is really dissapointing and i dont care anymore what they do im gonna go switch to Dragonball Online Global.

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 06:34:36 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Just look at the newest update from the dbor team they look for programers and stuff. That already says everything just face the truth this game wont come out in the near future. They probably didnt stop working on it completely but they dont work for it like they used to do. Im waiting for this shitgame for too many years now and im sick of it. Dragonball Online as a whole is not even a good game compared to our newer games for example BnS. People just play it because yeah its Dragonball and thats my reason too.
Not telling us anything for 3 month now is really dissapointing and i dont care anymore what they do im gonna go switch to Dragonball Online Global.

That salt, over 9000 asf lmaooo.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 06:59:37 AM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
salty naughtyword*

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
   :salt:  :))

damn son...relax.
They are looking for someone since Jupey is too busy with life...i think college or something.
Also no one cares to what project you switch to lél ...support both, support one or none...you decision and no one will stop you :)
*click for original size*

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »

Offline yhoho555

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Game Of Thrones :3
I kinda agree about the update part.. Even a "Why we aint here" every week or "whats been worked" every week would be pretty nice xD atleast some new fancy things to the website etc.. but im pretty damn sure about that when DBOR its going to be hell amazing and worth the wait.. no doubt there folks  :r_flame:

Gurl.. open ur salt factory somewhere else.. the differnece between bandai and those guys is basically.. 300 programmers difference and that its bandai's job.. they work on it DAILY.. (idk if its bandai but u get that part..) and they also get payment soo.. Just making ur salt sweeter

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »

Offline cxaz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 2
    • View Profile
  • if you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane
its been a while since i been here demn and to be honest some people,like Bardock(you are awesome XD) and people who been here for 2 years already like me to be honest.

i do think they kinda need to release some sort of images or something not necessarily big rathern than how is the project the last "Update" some people consider that an update was in january i think i dont quite remember I Always defended the devs when this type of threads appear.

But over the course of the years they are true the very little updates how they keep deleting this type of topics its quite controversial i do not bash againts the team working on this you guys are basically making a game from scratch without asking money for it.

but since you announce you are emulating this game people were excited this game has turned into your job you can call it like a hobby or something we might do when we feel like it.but its the truth.

and look i know you guys have lives,University,i dont know if you guys are married but that is not an excuse for everything its like a project on school you dont do it you say to the teacher i didnt do it because i have personal problems,life been difficult. the teacher will understand but after a while its really a lame excuse i suffer From ADHD but teacher threated me the same way as the others.

in Conclusion i do think just a small update might be good to be honest i came back because a friend of mine reminded me about it and i am here Replying in a post which the majority of people in the past already replied to this type of topic,because to be honest at the current state this project is no Updates basically nothing for months make people angry and lose faith in the project to be honest in 2015 there was good amount of people but now i dont feel like its populated again.

and its quite alarming frankly its like getting an EA game(early access dont get that shit please),and boom the game is released nothing from the devs a dead game i havent seen the forums but from what i read its almost dead.

Look Dumke you seem like a good guy we dont know you we are trusting a complete stranger on making a game a lot of people like but you should at least make something small like 2 pictures,again i am not hating i am iving my point of view in the situation.

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
They don't even bother replying in here anymore. Been here since the very beginning of the project, didn't post anything much though as my entire guild has already given up waiting for this.
It seems to me that they have almost stopped working on this mostly because they have their own lives, problems and etc. The problem is, they don't want to lose the entire community and, well, saying, that the project died is quite hard. And I understand them. But I'd prefer a straightforward truth than sweet lies (sorry if that sounded offensive).

English forums I didn't see anything too...But West replied on spanish section when someone asked for news:

Tenemos unos nuevos desarrolladores, aunque estan ocupados, son buena adición al equipo.

El proyecto siempre esta en marcha, solamente que algunas veces va lento por los temas ya debatidos.

That would be something like:

We have new developers. Although they're busy, they're good addition for the team. The project is still going on, just sometimes it's slow because of the already known reasons.

I think I translated it well lol, sry if you don't understand my english is not that good.

Hello my friend! Long time no see, i wonder if you forget to welcome me, or maybe you just ignoring me?

Oh, mmm... Well, I'd say both. Hope you playing dbog whenit's released. I'll give you a welocome you will never forget, my "friend".

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2016, 04:12:35 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
Honestly, It doesn't matter if it's released or not. It will never be the same. There would have never been any real legit guild beef or hungry competition between players. It just won't be the same.

I still think about the past and miss those days

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:28 PM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
Even if it does get released I don't see it doing that good, maybe a year or two ago but now pretty much everyone just moved on, all the guild beef and drama is gone what's the fun in dbo without that? x.x

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 01:01:29 AM »

Offline Roku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Boobs.
There's a ton of other DBZ projects to check out while waiting for DBOR. Just go check those out while you're waiting.

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 01:52:38 AM »

Offline Buggiboi

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • *+*Legacy*+*
Even if it does get released I don't see it doing that good, maybe a year or two ago but now pretty much everyone just moved on, all the guild beef and drama is gone what's the fun in dbo without that? x.x
Haha I remember when RedStar and Dragonball had beef and then merged.

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 02:41:57 AM »

Offline Gokule

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Martial Artist
I been here for a while too, since 2014 i think it just past my 2 year anniversary. Anyway I don't care if we get a video or a picture or a long list of things that have been updated I just want to see something that looks like " Hey we are still fixing things sorry for lack of content" or " Sorry guys, we have stopped working on DBO for a bit." I just wanna know that they still use the site, cause I used to visit daily then it became weekly, then a month went by. Would be cool just to know whats up.... Y'know?
 O0

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 06:11:19 AM »
    • View Profile
  • my power level is over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I been here for a while too, since 2014 i think it just past my 2 year anniversary. Anyway I don't care if we get a video or a picture or a long list of things that have been updated I just want to see something that looks like " Hey we are still fixing things sorry for lack of content" or " Sorry guys, we have stopped working on DBO for a bit." I just wanna know that they still use the site, cause I used to visit daily then it became weekly, then a month went by. Would be cool just to know whats up.... Y'know?
 O0
i know how you feel, as soon as it closed i looking around for any group that is working on a private server, as soon as i saw this on the old official DBO forum i was actually happy, ive been here since right near the end of DBO and start of this site. i appreciate the work these guys put in and im gonna always comeback hoping to find some news <stay loyal!> but yeah i expect they will be busy as im busy with my gcse's and stuff. but yeah an occasional update would be nice, anyone desperate should head over to they have made more progress but as i said i will stay loyal, (might consider checking out global though
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:13:42 PM by Luke[Dumke] »

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 01:50:49 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I've been around since a year now, but i haven't actually played the game. I was looking fo a DBZ MMORPG and i found out this project. So i don't know anybody and the game, so i don't know how it was to play the old DBO game... (i wish i had searched for a DBZ MMO earlier, then i would have been able to have some memories of it)

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 05:47:48 AM »
    • View Profile
I've been around since a year now, but i haven't actually played the game. I was looking fo a DBZ MMORPG and i found out this project. So i don't know anybody and the game, so i don't know how it was to play the old DBO game... (i wish i had searched for a DBZ MMO earlier, then i would have been able to have some memories of it)
yeah i actually started to play 2 weeks before it closed so i didnt get much done considering i had school and stuff, but still time has gone by since then, its been years, i know how you feel its even worse when you actually got to start the game then having it taken away so soon, but hopefully these guys can bring it back.

edit:- you can also check out http://dboglobal.com/index.html if you're desperate they are alot closer to doing it, but some guys i met in my 2 weeks in the game are here so im gonna stick here with them
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:51:47 AM by deathspark123 »

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 06:11:53 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
yeah i actually started to play 2 weeks before it closed so i didnt get much done considering i had school and stuff, but still time has gone by since then, its been years, i know how you feel its even worse when you actually got to start the game then having it taken away so soon, but hopefully these guys can bring it back.

edit:- you can also check out http://dboglobal.com/index.html if you're desperate they are alot closer to doing it, but some guys i met in my 2 weeks in the game are here so im gonna stick here with them
I don't like DBOG very much, i much rather play with a good community than in a quick finished game with terrible fanboys.

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 06:57:16 AM »
    • View Profile
I don't like DBOG very much, i much rather play with a good community than in a quick finished game with terrible fanboys.
well its my fault for saying it wrong, its not quick finished, its been done quite well they had open test servers to check for bugs quite recently the servers are currently down but i just meant that if you wanted to play it then you can experience with them when they open theirs then come back here when these guys are done, not that i see that happening soon(not meaning any disrespect) just these guys are probably alot busier and the other have spare time. as for me ive waited a couple of years already, wont hurt to wait some more

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Gonna get out of my coffin for a bit to talk here again, its been a while since I've shown my face.

First of all any hate and resent I had towards dbog has died off along with my hype for this game. DBO closed 3 or so years ago, and off the bat I heard about DBOR and got myself on the hype train for its arrival. But well, we all know the rest of the history. The game's hype died per day, and so did its community. I remembered in the early days of DBOR where there were threads like "COUNT TO 9000!!!!" where we'd each put a number on our posts in expectations that either the game would be realeased before the end or vice versa. It reached the end, and I believe it came back down to 0. Nothing.

From that moment the hype had gone from extreme expectations to just some people hoping, then of course global made its debut promising the same product but earlier, more community left, beef began to cook and just as anticipated, more expectations shattered. Gonna call em out for a sec on that open beta in july 2015 thing. That was bad, but I can't even blame them. Games take time to make and it'll be an MMORPG, even worse. Around that moment I had lost all interest in DBO, played a year of Dragon Nest and had gotten bored of that aswell, momentary flashbacks and memories resurfaced none-the-less, but my focus had shifted to other games, for obvious reasons.

I popped onto here now and then and it seemed that nothing on the forums even remotely related to DBO anymore. There were the roleplay threads, the Dragon Ball Super threads and tons of unrelated and utterly repulsive things. No longer was it the "Pics of DBO" or "DBO Class Skill Build Sharing" or "Favorite place in DBO" "Favorite class in DBO" "Suggestions of DBO" Nothing... they'd gone and been replaced since DBO burned away. I was lowkey cringing at the space duck thing that I never understood as well.

I began opening 2 sites instead of one, checking what any dbo had to say, well, there was nothing. Xenoverse released and burned into boredom, new series, games; there was much more to be excited about than DBO.

Now to sorta answer that question. DBO's release has been delayed a lot, no one knows when the delays will end. In my opinion, once the game is playable, however, whether Y8 makes a cheesy remake or Microsoft buys the franchise and so. Play it. Don't bring pride into things and enjoy it while you can. There's no uphill for an old game like this. (Except TF2 which you guys should really check out)

In Conclusion, even if the game is released today, there's gonna be some things different, look at the newer engines, game textures, graphics, all the things made in 2015-2017, and look back at DBO, realise that gaming has changed, and a community like that will have a much slower growth than it would have had back then. If Lord Dumke decides to pull the plug, I'd understand. And if he releases the game, I'll be thankful, and I'll play for its longetivity, and hopefully whatever finished product does not evaporate, but is given grounds to grow.

Thanks for reading that bull,
                                      Have a good day.

Back to the coffin I go, see y'all next time.