Topic: Question about DBOR release  (Read 23894 times)

Question about DBOR release
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2016, 08:49:08 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I was like 11 or 12 when I thought of the name, like I honestly just took goku's name and kept changing the G with every letter in the alphabet to see which fit and sounded better lmao.
My name is actually a kind of spicy spinach, and i thought it was clever becouse it sounds Japanese, is a vegetable (with all the sayian naming thing) and i love spinach! so i just went with it.

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2016, 09:44:55 AM »

Offline Tensa

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ♚Merciless Swordsman♚
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
My name is actually a kind of spicy spinach, and i thought it was clever becouse it sounds Japanese, is a vegetable (with all the sayian naming thing) and i love spinach! so i just went with it.
That's actually really clever. I came up with Tensa due to a game I played and since I was new and adapted really quick and beat a few of the strongest players, I was labeled "A Prodigy" I guess? then I found out DBO was coming back and joined with this new name.
"Use what you have and try your best to overcome your obstacles, so that you may defeat your enemies and protect all that is dear to you." -Tensa

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »

Offline Deyonn

• None
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
Right, i just want to share some information myself, I've played the Korean as well as the Taiwanese DBO when it was current content when netmarble or cayenne tech were still working on it. I even went as far as buying an account from level 35, but i digress.
So i don't mean to promote anyone in any way shape or form, but i have played ''the other private DBO realm'' so to speak and i will tell you it is absolute trash you see the difference here is you do get updates sure, they may not be every Sunday anymore or every week but you get them, over there they were just quiet no kind of info given just a brief working on it no diaries no updates no info if translation is going well so now they have this closed beta which means that it should be ''close to a finished state for an open beta'' i will tell you it is not there is no translation done in no language maybe spanish quests are broken beyond believe and sure i understand that they may have a team of 20ish people working on it give or take.
However having 1 look at the video Luke posted with the whole translation thing and making sure quests aren't blatantly broken i applaud Luke and his team because THIS is effort.

And i hope it releases this year keep up the good work because i'm sure when this is done it will be OVER 9000 times better then that piece of trash.

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »

Offline Goku190

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
are you talking about dbo global?
i don't know mate, i'll play on whichever server opens first, so if dbog gets the job done before dbor, i'll play there, i've just been waiting for too long, everyone has.
3 goddamn years, if not 4 already.

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2016, 06:04:25 PM »

Offline keredvin

• Ex Staff
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
i don't know mate, i'll play on whichever server opens first, so if dbog gets the job done before dbor, i'll play there, i've just been waiting for too long, everyone has.

Good for you mate.

All DBOR ask for is for your support as they'll never take anything away from you.

This has always been the case over the last 2.5 years.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »

Offline Goku190

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
i never said i don't support them, i do, but all i want is to see dbo alive and fully functional again, if they do it before dbog of course i'm gonna play on dbor then

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Good for you mate.

All DBOR ask for is for your support as they'll never take anything away from you.

This has always been the case over the last 2.5 years.
Im playing on your server's once you guys finish the job, and i dont care how long you might take since im aware that you guys are not payed to do this, you dont owe us anything. So lets just relax and try to move foward with the project.

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2016, 08:10:32 PM »

Offline SSGokug

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The only Kirito x Sinon shipper on the forums
Y'all might as well move on at this point

On the other hand DBOG is now open

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2016, 10:07:38 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
DBOG is not really my kind of community, so i probably wont be playing there, even if it is open way earlier than DBOR and i got to wait another year for it or something.

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2016, 02:55:03 AM »

Offline Deyonn

• None
    • View Profile

If you are contempt on playing on a broken server, and about a population of 5% that speaks english, i won't stop you =D

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2016, 03:01:42 AM »

Offline cxaz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 2
    • View Profile
  • if you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane
why everyone is bashing DBOG? they are already in pre open beta go and play there while we wait for Revelations and if you dont like it dont reply in here saying shiet about it.

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2016, 03:09:35 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Dexterity
  • Honor: 170 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
why everyone is bashing DBOG? they are already in pre open beta go and play there while we wait for Revelations and if you dont like it dont reply in here saying shiet about it.

People will bash what they want to bash.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2016, 03:16:01 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
and if you dont like it dont reply in here saying shiet about it.

that's not for you to decide  ^-^
just like ppl from DBOG "bashed" DBOR, ppl here are allowed to do the same with DBOG. If it goes too far or something, i'm sure the staff here will simply delete the comment/thread.

Also if the experience he made is based on his comment, it's no problem. At the very end it's his experience/opinion so he has the right to say whatever he wants to. And yes, sometimes it's childish but pls...everyone knows damn well which one is the more matured one. I just say "threating" Link...
*click for original size*

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2016, 04:50:42 AM »
    • View Profile
  • DBOR - Graphic Designers's Leader
that's not for you to decide  ^-^
just like ppl from DBOG "bashed" DBOR, ppl here are allowed to do the same with DBOG. If it goes too far or something, i'm sure the staff here will simply delete the comment/thread.

Also if the experience he made is based on his comment, it's no problem. At the very end it's his experience/opinion so he has the right to say whatever he wants to. And yes, sometimes it's childish but pls...everyone knows damn well which one is the more matured one. I just say "threating" Link...

Graphic Designers's Leader for DBORevelations

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2016, 05:45:36 AM »

Offline Deyonn

• None
    • View Profile
I'm not talking shit about it, i am giving you things i've seen on the server from my experience, and all i'm saying is that by the looks of it DBOR is doing a bang up job compared to DBOG.
People call it a beta but i'm not entirely sure that they understand what that means.

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2016, 05:50:50 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Spoiler for Hidden:

You make me happy.

why everyone is bashing [the other one]? they are already in pre open beta go and play there while we wait for Revelations and if you dont like it dont reply in here saying shiet about it.

Once the beef has been made, it can't be removed, what was there in the beginning will remain even after the end. Its just the way the world works. eg. Naruto vs Dragon Ball

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2016, 06:58:26 AM »

Offline cxaz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 2
    • View Profile
  • if you can't fix what's broken you'll go insane
Once the beef has been made, it can't be removed, what was there in the beginning will remain even after the end. Its just the way the world works. eg. Naruto vs Dragon Ball
Delmoon you are the best mate.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:58:30 AM by keredvin »

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2016, 08:00:28 AM »

Offline Goku190

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Well after all these bad comments about dbog i must ask, what's the big difference between dbog and dbor?
As far as i know, dbog is planning to bring back everything from original dbo.
The same goes for dbor.
I don't see any difference in what they want to do, only how fast they're gonna do it.
And considering dbog is already in pre-open beta, and they started developing months AFTER dbor, i'd say they're more likely to succeed.
True, there are still some bugs in game, and some important stuff like tmqs and dungeons are not there yet, but judging by their speed and efficiency, i bet my money on them, sorry, no offense.
No butthurt replies, please, I wasn't rude to anyone.
Thanks.

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2016, 08:02:52 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Ex Staff
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
No one is butt hurt mate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As I said:

Good for you mate.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2016, 08:13:20 AM »

Offline Goku190

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Ok, and one more thing.
How come developers, from both dbog and dbor, can't tell the approximate release date.
I mean almost every game gets a release date a year before it's released, sometimes even more than a year.
For example "Mass Effect: Andromeda" alredy announced the released date, march 2017. See what I'm talking about? It's not even july 2016 but they already announced it for march 2017. And these dates are usually correct.
And I'm a developer myself, I develop android apps, and I can always tell when I'm gonna finish something, not precisely, but approximately yes.

« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »
    • View Profile
Ok, and one more thing.
How come developers, from both dbog and dbor, can't tell the approximate release date.
I mean almost every game gets a release date a year before it's released, sometimes even more than a year.
For example "Mass Effect: Andromeda" alredy announced the released date, march 2017. See what I'm talking about? It's not even july 2016 but they already announced it for march 2017. And these dates are usually correct.
And I'm a developer myself, I develop android apps, and I can always tell when I'm gonna finish something, not precisely, but approximately yes.
They are non-profit. They use their free time developing the server and free time always varies. Hell, Dumke was in the hospital once. Imagine the amount of free time taken from that. Not only that but the devs wont work on it for the exact length of time inthe exact number of days in an exact number of weeks.

'Listen, Son Goku. You are the personification of the failure of the Gods who've created this universe!'

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2016, 08:33:25 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Ok, and one more thing.

Let's put this into perspective of an analogy, two individuals are given school projects to do, one person's family owns Office Depot and can instantly get all supplies and ample help. The other however teams up with a few friends and scavenge some junk to work together with no real exterior aid.
Both give a set date and person 1 is able to finish things a month in advance and just polish it to have a masterpiece by the given date. Person 2 however is unable to meet up to that date because what they had by then is not complete or not presentable, needing a lot more time to get the same intended quality of work.
In this case, person 1 would be the big companies that you have mention, backed up by teams and able to create a game within a set date and release it very easily due to the ~100 person workforce.
Person 2 would be small teams such as DBOR who can give a date, but if some issue comes up, won't be able to release a good working game by that date, maybe because they didn't realize how much work had to be done.

All in all what that non-sense was trying to explain was that DBOR [and others] who give a set date could run into issues where they're not done on time, and we saw in 2014 and 2015 how bad that turned out. Wilhelm above also mentioned important things... which to be honest made all what I just said useless...

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
Well after all these bad comments about dbog i must ask, what's the big difference between dbog and dbor?
As far as i know, dbog is planning to bring back everything from original dbo.
The same goes for dbor.
I don't see any difference in what they want to do, only how fast they're gonna do it.
And considering dbog is already in pre-open beta, and they started developing months AFTER dbor, i'd say they're more likely to succeed.
True, there are still some bugs in game, and some important stuff like tmqs and dungeons are not there yet, but judging by their speed and efficiency, i bet my money on them, sorry, no offense.
No butthurt replies, please, I wasn't rude to anyone.
Thanks.

It's good to see someone who is not a DBOG nor DBOR fan. That's exactly the thoughs everybody have to have. At the end, there are no differences between both teams: their naughtyword goal is the same, to revive the game. I will play in the one which comes first too. If DBOG comes first, I'll play in it because that is what I wanted to do since DBO die, to play it again, lol. No offense, but those people who said they won't be playing DBOG because of all this ridiculous rivality are just idiots. You all want to play DBO again, that's why you are here. And you will want to play DBOG if it comes first, and I'm sure the vast majority will.

Now, if then comes DBOR and it is a better server for me, I'll play there for sure. But I can't make a decision until I can test both servers, so I'm not talking shit about dbog because I still didn't see their final product.

The fact that are two teams working on a failed dead game must mean something good for all of us that wanna get to play the game again. Not for you fanatics children wannabe to do your childish shit.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:52:45 AM by Aeris »

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Ok, and one more thing.

It's funny you bring that up, considering Mass Effect: Andromeda was supposed to release this year, and got delayed till March of next year at the earliest.
In fact, Dragon Age: Inquisition, a game from the same developer and many of the same team members got delayed several times, including for an entire year.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »

Offline Goku190

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Ok, that was just an example, you can't deny the fact that majority of game companies are precise when they give release dates :P