* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 06:25:40 AM
    ;)
  • Today at 06:25:16 AM
    :r_flame:
  • Today at 04:34:29 AM
    I had to look up the lyrics. I knew what song it was, but I didn't know what came next :P
  • Today at 02:58:06 AM
    no
  • Yesterday at 09:35:28 AM
    im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
  • Yesterday at 08:09:53 AM
    yessss [link]
  • Yesterday at 05:16:39 AM
    I mean, no message could've been any clearer.
  • September 24, 2017, 09:11:07 PM
    nooooo...you didn't get my reference xD Hope someone got it tho....
  • September 24, 2017, 02:28:11 PM
    Two way mirror mate
  • September 24, 2017, 07:29:14 AM
    should we ask him to change his ways?  :))
  • September 23, 2017, 02:17:09 PM
    He's the man in the mirror.
  • September 22, 2017, 05:41:21 AM
    who dis?
  • September 22, 2017, 12:19:34 AM
    long time no see
  • September 22, 2017, 12:19:22 AM
    dumke
  • September 21, 2017, 02:28:59 AM
    :juggs:
  • September 20, 2017, 10:12:44 AM
    XD
  • September 19, 2017, 05:13:57 AM
    :hype:
  • September 19, 2017, 05:13:38 AM
    i wanna play dbo illegal [link]
  • September 19, 2017, 04:53:44 AM
    I WANNA PLAY DBO official XD
  • September 19, 2017, 04:44:20 AM
    i love me too....
  • September 18, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
    I still love you guys, tho.  ;)
  • September 18, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
    You're all nutcases. But it's cool that MC is still running strong. :candy:
  • September 18, 2017, 04:11:35 AM
    :r_flame:
  • September 16, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
    pfff.... [link]
  • September 16, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
    :kappa:
  • September 16, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
    MarineCorps > Forum Guild with main goal, trolling and taking over the Forum. Final Boss is Monkey Dead Luffy! Will they rape that boss, or will Boss rape them! Stay with us in next episode of Dead Balls of Z!!!
  • September 14, 2017, 10:03:29 PM
    :smugdbo:
  • September 14, 2017, 10:36:20 AM
    :))
  • September 13, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
    :youth:
  • September 13, 2017, 04:20:30 PM
    :paleman:

Topic: Marvel's Jessica Jones - Official Trailer  (Read 1739 times)

Marvel's Jessica Jones - Official Trailer
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:23:02 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Go ahead, make my day
  • I am a: Gun Maniac

Bob Marley - "Herb is the healing of a nation"
Bruce lee - "Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all of the heavenly glory"

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
@West step up your game, posted it everywhere but here?

I watched this when @West sent me it, and boy it looks 200% more darker than Daredevil, I don't think my body is ready.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
inb4 marvel's 'shadow the hedgehog'

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 02:51:31 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay

I watched this when @West sent me it, and boy it looks 200% more darker than Daredevil, I don't think my body is ready.
The only place I shared it was on our staff chat... don't feel so superior,  :bruh:
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 03:10:10 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
The only place I shared it was on our staff chat... don't feel so superior,  :bruh:

Oooo @Luke[Dumke] got curved!

How does that karma feel, luke?

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 03:11:26 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I knew wanting more superhero adaptations was a monkey's paw. I don't want eight superhero movies next year and another 8-10 superhero TV shows, excluding the currently awful cartoons. Let them realize that tying everything into everything else is exactly why the casuals don't read Big Two comics, or any kind of comic because they don't realize there's more than Marvel and DC. Let the bubble burst already. Let the superhero movie go the way of the western before it.

Please, God, let it end! LET IT END!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 03:12:10 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
This looks alright , I saw a teaser a couple days ago
, I'm curious to see where they take it or if they'll include Luke Cage at all .

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 03:17:16 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I knew wanting more superhero adaptations was a monkey's paw. I don't want eight superhero movies next year and another 8-10 superhero TV shows, excluding the currently awful cartoons. Let them realize that tying everything into everything else is exactly why the casuals don't read Big Two comics, or any kind of comic because they don't realize there's more than Marvel and DC. Let the bubble burst already. Let the superhero movie go the way of the western before it.

Please, God, let it end! LET IT END!

Except the movies and the (live action) TV shows are still of quality; but yeah, they are basically milking Marvel right now. I don't want Superhero movies to go out of style, but i'd like more variety.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 03:41:32 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Except the movies and the (live action) TV shows are still of quality; but yeah, they are basically milking Marvel right now. I don't want Superhero movies to go out of style, but i'd like more variety.

I want Marvel's live-action adaptations to die already. They keep making formulaic, forgettable films that feel like they were all written and directed by the same person. Granted, not all of them are like that, but when interviews for a film based on Doctor Strange of all characters says that we should expect more of the same, with chicks, cars, and explosions, I have no hope. Kirby-inspired visuals didn't save either Thor movie and Ditko acid trips will not help Doctor Strange. They're going to take one of the most unique characters and distill him for a movie, and then this "magic is just science we don't understand" shit will double back on the comics and I'll explode into fiery rage.

There will be no variety from Marvel. They've found a formula that will make them millions, even more than a billion, and do so consistently. I don't want homogeny, I want the strengths of the characters to be emphasized. I don't want confusing compounded continuity, I want something clean cut that anyone can jump into. I don't want movies to influence comics, I want comics to influence movies.

I'm at the point where I've hit overload. I can't take any more superhero anything. Next year will be Armageddon for superhero movies and TV shows with the influx. It's just too much.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 03:48:10 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I want Marvel's live-action adaptations to die already. They keep making formulaic, forgettable films that feel like they were all written and directed by the same person. Granted, not all of them are like that, but when interviews for a film based on Doctor Strange of all characters says that we should expect more of the same, with chicks, cars, and explosions, I have no hope. Kirby-inspired visuals didn't save either Thor movie and Ditko acid trips will not help Doctor Strange. They're going to take one of the most unique characters and distill him for a movie, and then this "magic is just science we don't understand" shit will double back on the comics and I'll explode into fiery rage.

There will be no variety from Marvel. They've found a formula that will make them millions, even more than a billion, and do so consistently. I don't want homogeny, I want the strengths of the characters to be emphasized. I don't want confusing compounded continuity, I want something clean cut that anyone can jump into. I don't want movies to influence comics, I want comics to influence movies.

I'm at the point where I've hit overload. I can't take any more superhero anything. Next year will be Armageddon for superhero movies and TV shows with the influx. It's just too much.

Oh, I can see where you can get angry. So far I think the only bad apples are really Avengers 1+2, and Thor 2. Ironman movies get a pass, because they are supposed to be like that. I'm starting to angry at the lots of things they ignore (like with Doctor Strange) and what they do. I didn't see the interview; this seems bad.

Take this with a grain of salt, Kiyza. You already knew they weren't going to include deeper meanings when putting this to a mainstream audience. To be fair, a lot of the stand alone movies have been really good.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 05:33:46 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Oh, I can see where you can get angry. So far I think the only bad apples are really Avengers 1+2, and Thor 2. Ironman movies get a pass, because they are supposed to be like that. I'm starting to angry at the lots of things they ignore (like with Doctor Strange) and what they do. I didn't see the interview; this seems bad.

Take this with a grain of salt, Kiyza. You already knew they weren't going to include deeper meanings when putting this to a mainstream audience. To be fair, a lot of the stand alone movies have been really good.

I’ll be honest, I enjoyed the first Avengers, even though I thought the second was absolute garbage. I think the only knock out films they’ve made so far are the first Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but the fact that this a tightly connected film series with new content constantly coming out means that individual films will quickly become forgettable.

I never really expected or wanted anything “deep” from Marvel’s superhero films. After seeing how horribly the Galactus Trilogy and the Dark Phoenix Saga have been butchered by cinema, I actually don’t want that either. In fact, I’m more worried about them attempting to adapt stories that are actually deeper than surface level stuff, and in fact, don’t really work if you try to remove the metaphorical and trippy aspects.

I mean, you read funnybooks too, so riddle me this, Umbrax. Eternity has made a cameo appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy, ambiguously made one for Ant-Man, and has a decent shot of being in Doctor Strange. How do you put an entity that functions as a sentient metaphor on film in a completely literal, “grounded” universe, to the extent that they won’t even admit magic is real? How do you sell Thanos, a character that operates and prides himself on metaphor, and isn’t a particularly strong villain outside of that? How the heck do you expect them to adapt Infinity Gauntlet, a comic where the entire point of it falls apart the second you remove the “deeper” aspects? For the character, you could do a completely different take on them, yes, but I think that would just make them weaker by distilling their very essence -- and then it'll double back on the comics and ruin those incarnations for the foreseeable future too.

My whole problem with the MCU isn’t that it’s not trying to be deep. Look at the superhero films of the preceding decades: Superman, both Batman film series, the Raimi Spider-man movies, the X-men films, shit, even the Fantastic Four and Daredevil movies. What do you notice about them? They all have distinct themes and styles that emphasize the strengths and weaknesses of the comics they leapt from. Contrast that with what both Marvel and DC are doing now, at least for the most part. They’re homogenizing their films. Almost every MCU film has a light-hearted tone with constant comedic interjections. Man of Steel and the other two films we’ve seen something of from DC, Suicide Squad and BvS, have bleak tones, desaturated colors, and minimal humor, though I won’t pass judgment on DC yet because there’s a lot of thematic variety in their TV shows and they’ve said that they want to be lax with directors rather than constrict them like Marvel.

Marvel still follows its formula almost to a T, though. And hey, maybe that’s something moviegoers want. I mean, they keep going to see Michael Bay films, but here’s the thing. At least there are two years or more between each Transformers film for you to cool off. There are months between Marvel movies now.

They could stave off the issue if they attempted to make more films that didn’t feel like superhero films and didn't expect to rake in half a billion dollars with every film, but I think that this is a problem inherent in the system. Marvel doesn't have very many properties that aren't about superheroes, and rather vanilla ones at that. Meanwhile, if DC decided to just do solo movies about characters and series with no connection to superheroes, they could keep going for decades, since they have a solid stable of war, horror, western, space opera, planetary romance, and urban fantasy series -- and that's disregarding that Vertigo is their imprint. The fact that Marvel is willing to homogenize one of their most unique characters, Doctor Strange, is very worrying to me in this aspect. He's still a superhero, yes, but he stems from a different pedigree than most other Marvel characters. It makes me think that the only thing we're going to get in the future is repetitive use of the same damn formula.

Apologies for the rant, but this is something that's been on my mind for a while.

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 06:18:52 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I’ll be honest, I enjoyed the first Avengers, even though I thought the second was absolute garbage. I think the only knock out films they’ve made so far are the first Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but the fact that this a tightly connected film series with new content constantly coming out means that individual films will quickly become forgettable.

I never really expected or wanted anything “deep” from Marvel’s superhero films. After seeing how horribly the Galactus Trilogy and the Dark Phoenix Saga have been butchered by cinema, I actually don’t want that either. In fact, I’m more worried about them attempting to adapt stories that are actually deeper than surface level stuff, and in fact, don’t really work if you try to remove the metaphorical and trippy aspects.

I mean, you read funnybooks too, so riddle me this, Umbrax. Eternity has made a cameo appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy, ambiguously made one for Ant-Man, and has a decent shot of being in Doctor Strange. How do you put an entity that functions as a sentient metaphor on film in a completely literal, “grounded” universe, to the extent that they won’t even admit magic is real? How do you sell Thanos, a character that operates and prides himself on metaphor, and isn’t a particularly strong villain outside of that? How the heck do you expect them to adapt Infinity Gauntlet, a comic where the entire point of it falls apart the second you remove the “deeper” aspects? For the character, you could do a completely different take on them, yes, but I think that would just make them weaker by distilling their very essence -- and then it'll double back on the comics and ruin those incarnations for the foreseeable future too.

My whole problem with the MCU isn’t that it’s not trying to be deep. Look at the superhero films of the preceding decades: Superman, both Batman film series, the Raimi Spider-man movies, the X-men films, shit, even the Fantastic Four and Daredevil movies. What do you notice about them? They all have distinct themes and styles that emphasize the strengths and weaknesses of the comics they leapt from. Contrast that with what both Marvel and DC are doing now, at least for the most part. They’re homogenizing their films. Almost every MCU film has a light-hearted tone with constant comedic interjections. Man of Steel and the other two films we’ve seen something of from DC, Suicide Squad and BvS, have bleak tones, desaturated colors, and minimal humor, though I won’t pass judgment on DC yet because there’s a lot of thematic variety in their TV shows and they’ve said that they want to be lax with directors rather than constrict them like Marvel.

Marvel still follows its formula almost to a T, though. And hey, maybe that’s something moviegoers want. I mean, they keep going to see Michael Bay films, but here’s the thing. At least there are two years or more between each Transformers film for you to cool off. There are months between Marvel movies now.

They could stave off the issue if they attempted to make more films that didn’t feel like superhero films and didn't expect to rake in half a billion dollars with every film, but I think that this is a problem inherent in the system. Marvel doesn't have very many properties that aren't about superheroes, and rather vanilla ones at that. Meanwhile, if DC decided to just do solo movies about characters and series with no connection to superheroes, they could keep going for decades, since they have a solid stable of war, horror, western, space opera, planetary romance, and urban fantasy series -- and that's disregarding that Vertigo is their imprint. The fact that Marvel is willing to homogenize one of their most unique characters, Doctor Strange, is very worrying to me in this aspect. He's still a superhero, yes, but he stems from a different pedigree than most other Marvel characters. It makes me think that the only thing we're going to get in the future is repetitive use of the same damn formula.

Apologies for the rant, but this is something that's been on my mind for a while.

Well, yeah. To be honest I only liked MCU for the more less deep stories or more simple themes like Ironman, because it works extremely well. The modern Marvel as a whole (comics, movies) isn't as clever as it once was. Even the comic books lean towards simple stuff.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
don't get penisey with me mate, i've seen your facebook.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 12:39:06 AM »

Offline SonKagu

• Shenron
  • Honor: 46 / 10
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Fighter

don't get penisey with me mate, i've seen your facebook.

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 01:43:42 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Go ahead, make my day
Marvel's Jessica Jones - Official Trailer 2

Bob Marley - "Herb is the healing of a nation"
Bruce lee - "Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all of the heavenly glory"