[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Who do you think would win?  (Read 2430 times)

Who do you think would win?
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:00:24 PM »
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Gallery
  • 私は巡音ルカです
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
This deathbattle was an older one I made a little while back...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:20:21 PM by Luke[Dumke], Reason: formatting »

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 02:43:27 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I think Goku but I'm not that big of a Sonic fan to bring out facts to justify my answer.

You should add a poll to the thread so people can vote. ;D
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
The biggest problem with that is that unlike Super Saiyan, the capabilities of Super Sonic aren't really defined.  Unlike DBZ which focuses on the fighting capabilities, the Sonic series really doesn't.  It'd be hard to say what exactly Sonic's normal and Super capabilities even are. 

It gets even more complicated when you get into Chaos energy, as it's limits aren't exactly defined.  If we were to look at SSJ4 (since you're using GT Goku) and compare it to Super Sonic by basic rules, Super Sonic would win by default due to how broken Chaos energy is.  Super Sonic Chaos Control gives the ability to freeze time, change time, teleport from dimension to dimension, Super Sonic alone is nearly invunerable, and the form increases his already insane speed, gives him incredible strength, he pretty much becomes Superman for a short time. 

But once again, Chaos Energy isn't defined well and it's hard to know what it's limits are.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 05:52:22 AM »
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Gallery
  • 私は巡音ルカです
Sorry I am still new, and had not figured out how to do polls... Let alone know you could. 0.0

My opinion is that regular super sonic would be very close in speed, and power, but still wouldn't be enough.... That's why there is Hyper Sonic. ^^

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:19:56 PM by Luke[Dumke], Reason: formatting »

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:48:47 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
Like the TV version, comic version, or game version?
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 06:55:44 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
The biggest problem with that is that unlike Super Saiyan, the capabilities of Super Sonic aren't really defined.  Unlike DBZ which focuses on the fighting capabilities, the Sonic series really doesn't.  It'd be hard to say what exactly Sonic's normal and Super capabilities even are. 

It gets even more complicated when you get into Chaos energy, as it's limits aren't exactly defined.  If we were to look at SSJ4 (since you're using GT Goku) and compare it to Super Sonic by basic rules, Super Sonic would win by default due to how broken Chaos energy is.  Super Sonic Chaos Control gives the ability to freeze time, change time, teleport from dimension to dimension, Super Sonic alone is nearly invunerable, and the form increases his already insane speed, gives him incredible strength, he pretty much becomes Superman for a short time. 

But once again, Chaos Energy isn't defined well and it's hard to know what it's limits are.

It is quite defined in the several Sonic comic series, (go read it btw) But in Archie Sonic, Super Sonic is like... Universe Destroyer level. Even Multiverse, maybe. He took several Universe ending blasts, and went so fast, he broke a multiverse.

so um... yeah

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Gallery
  • 私は巡音ルカです

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 07:14:20 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
First off, don't reference the comics when they used an image of Super Sonic from the games. That's Screw Attack levels of lame.

Frankly, during the stuff where Super Sonic could shatter entire multiverses, the series was reaching levels of stupidity that are unbelievable... frankly, the Ken Penders-era got so bad they had to completely reboot the comics.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Gallery
  • 私は巡音ルカです
Sorry.. (๑・▱・๑)

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Sorry.. (๑・▱・๑)

You're not at fault.

...I was aiming that one at Umbrax. :P
He knows what he did, referencing the Sonic the Hedgehog comics around me.

If you thought I was referring to Hyper Sonic, he's canon to the games (specifically, Sonic 3 & Knuckles), so that's a legit form to bring up.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:28 AM »
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Gallery
  • 私は巡音ルカです
I make death battles not only to debate, but to learn more about each character. ^^

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 08:26:53 AM »
    • View Profile
  • KATEKYO HITMAN REBORN!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Hi, I3lack here!

Based on facts, im going to say Super Sonic is probably on or near Beerus and Whis lvl, and Hyper Sonic would wipe his ass with universes if be became evil... :)

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 12:25:53 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
It is quite defined in the several Sonic comic series, (go read it btw) But in Archie Sonic, Super Sonic is like... Universe Destroyer level. Even Multiverse, maybe. He took several Universe ending blasts, and went so fast, he broke a multiverse.

so um... yeah

So I know this is going to seem hypocritical because I'm probably the only person on this site who adores a few characters that are in this vague bracket of strength, but... for what purpose? Just for the sake of wowing the audience? I mean, I'm okay with that some of the time, but this seems almost like the writer was pulling stuff from his rear to win arguments about which character was stronger than which.

Then again, Ken Penders.

I make death battles not only to debate, but to learn more about each character. ^^

Luka, this is a really shitty way to learn about characters. In this types of threads, people will almost always skew information to play up their personal favorites in the hopes of winning a silly internet argument. If you want to learn about the characters, just dive into the source material. You probably won't even get accurate secondhand knowledge from a lot of people through these kinds of threads.

I can usually provide accurate information for these types of things because I don't really care who wins in a fight and I've given up seriously engaging in these threads long ago after a 60+ page Goku Vs Superman thread about three years ago. However, I have to know what I'm talking about and my knowledge is generally limited to a handful of video games and anime/manga along with characters from Marvel and DC's shared universes. (most of the other western comics I've read aren't action-oriented series, for the record) I've got a few other areas of expertise for miscellaneous series, though.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:43 PM »
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Gallery
  • 私は巡音ルカです
I already have a base knowledge on these characters... So I can usually figure out if it is wrong, but sometimes people mention things that I may not have caught which interest me immensely! ^^

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
So I know this is going to seem hypocritical because I'm probably the only person on this site who adores a few characters that are in this vague bracket of strength, but... for what purpose? Just for the sake of wowing the audience? I mean, I'm okay with that some of the time, but this seems almost like the writer was pulling stuff from his rear to win arguments about which character was stronger than which.

Then again, Ken Penders.

Luka, this is a really shitty way to learn about characters. In this types of threads, people will almost always skew information to play up their personal favorites in the hopes of winning a silly internet argument. If you want to learn about the characters, just dive into the source material. You probably won't even get accurate secondhand knowledge from a lot of people through these kinds of threads.

I can usually provide accurate information for these types of things because I don't really care who wins in a fight and I've given up seriously engaging in these threads long ago after a 60+ page Goku Vs Superman thread about three years ago. However, I have to know what I'm talking about and my knowledge is generally limited to a handful of video games and anime/manga along with characters from Marvel and DC's shared universes. (most of the other western comics I've read aren't action-oriented series, for the record) I've got a few other areas of expertise for miscellaneous series, though.

I never said I liked what they did with Sonic, I am just saying the comics show what Super Sonic can do. Though, I find myself finding that comic with Sonic's evil Super Sonic counterpart a lot more than archie. I liked Archie at first.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I never said I liked what they did with Sonic, I am just saying the comics show what Super Sonic can do. Though, I find myself finding that comic with Sonic's evil Super Sonic counterpart a lot more than archie. I liked Archie at first.

To be fair, all that "Super Sonic busting multiverses" asspull is only in the comics, and in no way exists outside of that series, nevermind it being even more ridiculous than GT's power scaling. Ken Penders' writing was a joke, and frankly, Super Sonic is most definitely not that powerful in any other continuity.
I'd bring up the simple fact that the comics are non-canon, but seeing as how this references GT, that's obviously a moot point.

In other words, if it was in the Archie comics? You can safely ignore it. Dr. Slump's "power scaling" was more consistent, and that was a gag series.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
To be fair, all that "Super Sonic busting multiverses" asspull is only in the comics, and in no way exists outside of that series, nevermind it being even more ridiculous than GT's power scaling. Ken Penders' writing was a joke, and frankly, Super Sonic is most definitely not that powerful in any other continuity.
I'd bring up the simple fact that the comics are non-canon, but seeing as how this references GT, that's obviously a moot point.

In other words, if it was in the Archie comics? You can safely ignore it. Dr. Slump's "power scaling" was more consistent, and that was a gag series.

The problem with using game Sonic in terms of "canon" is that the Archie Comics actually have a more defined timeline and story.  You can argue which Sonic games are supposed to be in order and how each game ties in, but the games themselves don't really give those ties and there's no form of timeline, especially beyond the Adventure era.  Each Sonic game could be a continuation of the next, or a prequel, or years ahead, or a different timeline altogether, and every single one of those options would be just as likely.  Due to being a game franchise based on platforming, canon just doesn't matter that much to the developers, so it wasn't really a focus.  So trying to put Sonic versus any form of canon character is kinda difficult, as it would be really hard to make one beyond his very basic abilities.   Heck, even his speed varies between games.  And once again there's Chaos Control, with very little info at to it's potential limits.

Simply put, Sonic is a terrible character to face off against anyone, because it's near impossible to get any defined version.  Sonic was not meant to be someone used in technical matches, he's a video game character who runs really fast, and that's it

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
The problem with using game Sonic in terms of "canon" is that the Archie Comics actually have a more defined timeline and story.  You can argue which Sonic games are supposed to be in order and how each game ties in, but the games themselves don't really give those ties and there's no form of timeline, especially beyond the Adventure era.  Each Sonic game could be a continuation of the next, or a prequel, or years ahead, or a different timeline altogether, and every single one of those options would be just as likely.  Due to being a game franchise based on platforming, canon just doesn't matter that much to the developers, so it wasn't really a focus.  So trying to put Sonic versus any form of canon character is kinda difficult, as it would be really hard to make one beyond his very basic abilities.   Heck, even his speed varies between games.  And once again there's Chaos Control, with very little info at to it's potential limits.

Simply put, Sonic is a terrible character to face off against anyone, because it's near impossible to get any defined version.  Sonic was not meant to be someone used in technical matches, he's a video game character who runs really fast, and that's it

That's actually a pretty good statement on the character.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Especially when stuff like this happens:

Of course, by the same token, the comics tried to hard to mix the SatAM series with the games, and ultimately satisfied neither fanbase. To make matters worse, Sonic's own height becomes wildly inconsistent (while in the games he's reported as 3'3-3'4, he was constantly depicted at being normal human height, particularly during moments like the adaption of Sonic Adventure).
And then there was Ken Penders'... well, anything. Eugh... *shivers in fear*

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 07:20:12 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
I'm gonna vote Super Sonic out of principle. Maybe if you chose a version of Goku that didn't suck a bucket of every size and species of naughtyword.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:58 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
That's actually a pretty good statement on the character.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Especially when stuff like this happens:

Of course, by the same token, the comics tried to hard to mix the SatAM series with the games, and ultimately satisfied neither fanbase. To make matters worse, Sonic's own height becomes wildly inconsistent (while in the games he's reported as 3'3-3'4, he was constantly depicted at being normal human height, particularly during moments like the adaption of Sonic Adventure).
And then there was Ken Penders'... well, anything. Eugh... *shivers in fear*

I never said completely consistent, rather more consistent.  I wouldn't say height is a major issue in terms of capability, but you are correct.

Yeah, his stuff was a bit weird.  Once you got to the 50 comics prior to 1st Reboot, it was at least pretty good, I really liked post-reboot, and then 2nd Reboot happened (which was great btw) and I'm not sure what to think about current events. 

Also, before anyone lets curiosity gets the better of them, you're either gonna enjoy these comics, or think they're the dumbest thing ever.  Keep that in mind if you look them up.  I've been a fan of these for a long time, but that doesn't mean I don't see it's flaws.  I completely understand whoever doesn't like them XD