[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: [No flame] Dumke could you explain why DBOR WAS going to release 2014? [Serious]  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Dumke could you explain us, why you/team thought game could be released on 2014? now 9 months later of 2014 we still dont have release date/more info? I mean you guys thought game would be already released on 2014 but it already took a lot of more time than expected.

EDIT:

Plz guys hold urself from answers like lives, school, work, vacations, this is doing for free on their free time... stuff, I mean people have already said this enough times.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:03:58 AM by Trender »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
missplanning? XD
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
You'll probably get a halfassed answer from Luke or West.

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Dumke could you explain us, why you/team thought game could be released on 2014? now 9 months later of 2014 we still dont have release date/more info? I mean you guys thought game would be already released on 2014 but it already took a lot of more time than expected.

I dunno, maybe because they have actual lives?
Remember that they are doing this on their free time and doing it for us.
All the support we give them is why they are most likely still going.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
naughtyword off with this copy pasted response. I don't give a shit, if they say something, I'm not wrong for expecting them to deliver.

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I was going to put on the OP plz hold urself answers like this. I mean this have gonna be said dunno like 9873 times.

I would just like an actual answer from team of why they thought(planned) why the game could be released on 2014 and well its just far more than 2014, something have had happened.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:11:18 PM by Trender »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight

I can tell you it was an estimation. Even the developers can get caught up in the hype of a potential of a server revival. I do know this, Luke and the developers don't do release dates. This is something a lot of smaller developer teams tend to do with their games.

I understand your eagerness to play DBOR, because it was a game that a lot of people enjoyed and many people spent countless hours on it, but would threads like this contribute to hasten release of the server? Simply put, no it will not.

Now, here's a question to everyone reading this thread, would you actually care for regular updates showing content you already know to exist in the world of DBO? What would be the first criticism to come to mind? At this point in time, even regular updates wouldn't satisfy the community, only a release of the server would. This in combination of family and work commitments, it would be impossible to lock down a release date.

Plus, even if a release dated were to be installed, if the team weren't able to meet it, I bet the trolls would be all over the team.

DBOR does not do release dates.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

• View Profile
  • What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
When did the team said they were going to release the game in 2014?

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Now, here's a question to everyone reading this thread, would you actually care for regular updates showing content you already know to exist in the world of DBO? What would be the first criticism to come to mind? At this point in time, even regular updates wouldn't satisfy the community, only a release of the server would. This in combination of family and work commitments, it would be impossible to lock down a release date.

I liked the updates, even if it was just the stuff I know from the world of DBO. :(

It's fun to see you guys playing or something. Also, @West's Space-Time Journey was hella fun in my opinion. I'd love to see more of it.

When did the team said they were going to release the game in 2014?

Hang around in the forums for a bit and a picture where they said it will eventually show up. It's a common joke here.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I was going to put on the OP plz hold urself answers like this. I mean this have gonna be said dunno like 9873 times.Pretty much.

I would just like an actual answer from team of why they thought(planned) why the game could be released on 2014 and well its just far more than 2014, something have had happened.

Who cares? DBOR isn't a big name game- and you are not entitled to anything. These people don't have to give you anything. You can wait a little bit, you little special snowflake you.
If the saying isn't broke, don't fix it.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I can tell you it was an estimation. Even the developers can get caught up in the hype of a potential of a server revival. I do know this, Luke and the developers don't do release dates. This is something a lot of smaller developer teams tend to do with their games.

I understand your eagerness to play DBOR, because it was a game that a lot of people enjoyed and many people spent countless hours on it, but would threads like this contribute to hasten release of the server? Simply put, no it will not.

Plus, even if a release dated were to be installed, if the team weren't able to meet it, I bet the trolls would be all over the team.

DBOR does not do release dates.
Thanks for answer keredvin.

- Its true that more and more threads of people asking to DBOR dont contribute to development, its just quite weird to 9 month of fail estimate date(I mean, it   isnt 2-3 months)

- tbh althought pictures ofc arent like a release date, It still is something of DBOR we can see and its fun and good to have updates of the game even we already saw that on original dbo, and more those pictures updates removes the feeling of project death.

- Its true too that fail a release date at this stage would hurt the project, I would like not a release date but a more realistic estimate time when the DBOR Team would think game actually would be released(like final year - early 2016 etc).

Who cares? DBOR isn't a big name game- and you are not entitled to anything. These people don't have to give you anything. You can wait a little bit, you little special snowflake you.
If the saying isn't broke, don't fix it.
Dude I already waited 1 year and 9 month, so please save your little bit. and it isnt that Im crying I waited a lot or claiming them release date or release the game already! as I didnt paid anything and they are doing that for free and because they want, Im just asking  what happened and what the DBOR Team thinks of the project at this time/stages.

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Thanks for answer keredvin.

- Its true that more and more threads of people asking to DBOR dont contribute to development, its just quite weird to 9 month of fail estimate date(I mean, it   isnt 2-3 months)

- tbh althought pictures ofc arent like a release date, It still is something of DBOR we can see and its fun and good to have updates of the game even we already saw that on original dbo, and more those pictures updates removes the feeling of project death.

- Its true too that fail a release date at this stage would hurt the project, I would like not a release date but a more realistic estimate time when the DBOR Team would think game actually would be released(like final year - early 2016 etc).
Dude I already waited 1 year and 9 month, so please save your little bit. and it isnt that Im crying I waited a lot or claiming them release date or release the game already! as I didnt paid anything and they are doing that for free and because they want, Im just asking  what happened and what the DBOR Team thinks of the project at this time/stages.

I've been waiting 3 years for Zelda Wii U with no info and I'm not complaining. I've got good games to play meanwhile and college to do. DBOR is most likely worth the wait just as other games are worth waiting for.

And yes, I do believe DBO is an actual good game.

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
For me personally, it's not so much the release date I have a problem is with the lack of any updates.  Would you be showing stuff we know is already in DBO?  Sure!  But right now, we have no idea where the project is heading.  It's one thing to not have a release date, it's another to no know if the team is even working on the game or not.  It's good business practice to at least give some idea of general progress, even if it's nothing substantial. 

Of course, there could easily be reasons for why not, and that's fine.  This also might only mean something to me and not really anyone else.  I just feel like some way of communicating to the community that the game is at least being worked on would be nice.  I don't know most of the team personally, so I can't say with 100% confidence that they are getting work done.  Nothing against anyone, it's just something I don't know.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Heres an idea if you wanna see DBO pictures or videos go on youtube or dbocom.Now ik how it is when your left in a dark not knowing what is being done with a project in a moment and heres the thing why should you care really?I know i dont,the only updates that they showed me for which i actually cared was Korins Lookout and Day and night cycle cause it was something new something i didnt get to expiriance in DBO,everything else is just not important.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:11:29 PM by ColdHell »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
This is a pretty valid thread with a good point. We all know that the thread wont help but its a good question , that in my opinion is a good one. People like to be informed on things, its like being freinds with someone if you stop hearing from them for a couple of months , or years wouldnt you be concerned? Well this is a perfect example of that. I also dont see any whining here, just a curious question and theres nothing wrong with that. Not to mention he did ask the team and not you guys who know just as much as the asker sort of making your answers... well they don't really count haha.

I dont think anyone is getting irritated because you have lives, it because we dont hear anything about anything. :P
But I agree with Keredevin and Shyruni and Trender.

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
You people really have no other things to do than to make posts like this.

Humans make mistakes.
Is it that hard to understand?

They really think that it will be soo easy to make game since they got most of things working.
Still when you work on something, something else blow up.

They fixing bugs, glitches and everything other you guys want to be fixed.
Now you all crying, why it takes soo long.

That is why I ask to have DBO with old bugs, glitchs and everything, I am sure we would even play it by now, but no for you people that isn't good enough.

Since you asked for "perfect" DBO, then wait for it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:18:08 PM by Iceman »
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

Humans make mistakes.

They really think that it will be soo easy to make game since they got most of things working.

That is why I ask to have DBO with old bugs, glitchs and everything, I am sure we would even play it by now, but no for you people that isn't good enough.

Basically, you are saying you are impatient and you can't wait any longer? It sounds like you are blaming other people for something you want.
DBO was broken. Classes were broken. Everything, broken. DBOR is a revamp (remastering), not some sort of rushed private server. DBOR was rebuild from the ground up so it runs better too.

You want a private server with bugs (that DBOG may fix, nobody knows), or do you want a remastering?
Don't give in to what other people are saying. It's hardly been a year since DBOR has blown up.

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
GUYS.  This thread was specifically stated to be a non-flame thread.  The question wasn't intended to bash DBOR or act impatient, it was to ask a legitimate question.  If you want to fight, go make other threads to do so, but there's no reason Trender should have people getting upset over him for asking a legitimate question which he SPECIFICALLY STATED WAS NOT INTENDED TO START AN ARGUMENT.

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
GUYS.  This thread was specifically stated to be a non-flame thread.  The question wasn't intended to bash DBOR or act impatient, it was to ask a legitimate question.  If you want to fight, go make other threads to do so, but there's no reason Trender should have people getting upset over him for asking a legitimate question which he SPECIFICALLY STATED WAS NOT INTENDED TO START AN ARGUMENT.

Are your surprised? :freeze:

I will admit, having the team not provide a post to update you all on the status of development is frustrating. We as fans want to play DBO again, and we feel a certain tie with the DragonBall universe, in which we can interact with other players and build friendships. I can see how this would be a meaningful experience to many DBOR users. For those who are a little impatient, DBOR hasn't asked for donation, it hasn't made any money off you at all (out of your pocket). The ad revenue generated by you visiting the site helps pay for server hosting of this website, so you can interact with other people who share a common interest with you. 100% of the revenue goes towards this site, to which if you are curious how much that is exactly, click the "Your ad could be here, right now." button located underneath the top ad and you'll see, it's literally peanuts.

My point is, you, the users are not at a loss here. If you consider your time a loss, then that could count but there are so many more worthwile things to be doing with your time then wait for DBOR to be released.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

• View Profile
Happens every time.
1. DBOR fan asks question about project
2. Desperate fan replies with slight flame in comment.
3. Popo rider uses the old "They have lives so if you want to play the game before you have grandkids go play shitty dbog etc."
4. Thread gets closed or everyone moves on.

I believe (COULD BE WRONG) The project got a major setback since they were coding on invalid client so had to restart (Or something along this lines)

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.

Humans make mistakes.

but how do you know @Iceman XD

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Are your surprised? :freeze:

I will admit, having the team not provide a post to update you all on the status of development is frustrating. We as fans want to play DBO again, and we feel a certain tie with the DragonBall universe, in which we can interact with other players and build friendships. I can see how this would be a meaningful experience to many DBOR users. For those who are a little impatient, DBOR hasn't asked for donation, it hasn't made any money off you at all (out of your pocket). The ad revenue generated by you visiting the site helps pay for server hosting of this website, so you can interact with other people who share a common interest with you. 100% of the revenue goes towards this site, to which if you are curious how much that is exactly, click the "Your ad could be here, right now." button located underneath the top ad and you'll see, it's literally peanuts.

My point is, you, the users are not at a loss here. If you consider your time a loss, then that could count but there are so many more worthwile things to be doing with your time then wait for DBOR to be released.

Thank you for your input, and I understand.  I guess what bothers me is that I love this community, but have little faith in the game.  It's nothing against the devs, mods, or people working on it, I get that it's not easy to make a game.  I'm a game artist, I know it's not easy to juggle development on top of other jobs, social life, and other things.  But at the end of the day, I have no idea what the game I'm following even is right now. 

I hate saying this, but as much as I don't care for the community of DBOG, they give updates on their game every few days.  They don't have a current release date either, but I at least can see that they are indeed working on it, and that gives me hope.  For me, even if their game development slows due to life issues, I can deal with it because I know that they are at least working on it.

For DBOR...I haven't seen anything of it in months.  I have no idea if the team has been working their tails off, or if they have done anything at all in that time.  You can say "they have work and life issues", but when we're not hearing any sort of actual story behind it or actual work being done, it becomes hard to believe it. 

Maybe this is just me rambling, and it probably is.  I've put a lot of time and effort into this community, and being at a point where I have no idea whether it's going to live or fall has not been easy on me.  I WANT to believe in the team, I WANT to believe in the project, but I've been given nothing to believe in at this point.  The promises themselves aren't the problem anymore, is the fact that there's none at all for me to hold onto.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant, I probably said many stupid things and will have many people hating on me.  This has just been sitting on me for awhile now.

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Thank you for your input, and I understand.  I guess what bothers me is that I love this community, but have little faith in the game.  It's nothing against the devs, mods, or people working on it, I get that it's not easy to make a game.  I'm a game artist, I know it's not easy to juggle development on top of other jobs, social life, and other things.  But at the end of the day, I have no idea what the game I'm following even is right now. 

I hate saying this, but as much as I don't care for the community of DBOG, they give updates on their game every few days.  They don't have a current release date either, but I at least can see that they are indeed working on it, and that gives me hope.  For me, even if their game development slows due to life issues, I can deal with it because I know that they are at least working on it.

For DBOR...I haven't seen anything of it in months.  I have no idea if the team has been working their tails off, or if they have done anything at all in that time.  You can say "they have work and life issues", but when we're not hearing any sort of actual story behind it or actual work being done, it becomes hard to believe it. 

Maybe this is just me rambling, and it probably is.  I've put a lot of time and effort into this community, and being at a point where I have no idea whether it's going to live or fall has not been easy on me.  I WANT to believe in the team, I WANT to believe in the project, but I've been given nothing to believe in at this point.  The promises themselves aren't the problem anymore, is the fact that there's none at all for me to hold onto.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant, I probably said many stupid things and will have many people hating on me.  This has just been sitting on me for awhile now.
Life tip: when you doubt yourself , others will doubt you. Even if you do think you said somthing stupid do not openly say so . It makes you seem like you're confused and maybe you don't know what you're talking about . So be more confident .

On topic again. Keredevin OP

• View Profile

Yep.........+1

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
I'm a firm follower of the idea, people only need to know, what is needed to know, however for clarifications sake, I'll explain.

Originally, the team were planning to develop a server using the 2009 client as a base.
We had developed a quick and dirty server via NodeJs that was handled and developed by @Hexus, this was done for quick edits and the likes.
Aswell as having our C++ Server being the main development.

This was explained in our Development Diary #1, aswell as having two videos on youtube.
Source: Here, Here, Here

This was going well, by 'well', I mean we were making good progress, @Pigeon had load of time available to him, due to certain family situations, aswell as @Hexus  being available due to certain work situations, and by fault of my own, I had believed we would be able to make something playable, not complete, but playable that year([1]Notice enjoyable, comes under playable, as at any state of the development it was "playable" - being able to login and walk around)

Roughly half way through March I believe, @Pigeon was able to get us working with the TW Client, this was huge for us, after we deemed it was possible to start using this client, we scrapped the KR 2009 server progress and started on the TW client.

We were still making great progress, for another 2-3months. It was only towards end of May, early June where @Pigeon was pushed a lot more work, and @Hexus was now working full-time. Fast forward 2 months after this, @Jupeyy joined the team, this allowed us to get moving a lot faster, as Jupeyy has been such an amazing addition to the team.

However, the team believed we wouldn't have enough time to complete something playable[1], thus i started to remove the promotional artwork denoting a release date i had made and changed to it to simply Coming Soon™,

Source: Here, Here

Fast forward to start of 2015, we had decided we would only release when we some quite a substantial amount of stuff ready.
We have placed what we'd like to have at least somewhat working for our beta, we haven't announced what we want working for our alpha, but it will be a lot less than what we want to achieve for our beta.

It's been a very hectic year for me (Having a life threatening illness and all), as well as others on the team have had their own problems.
As of this, we've tried to not to make any promises, so they cannot be broken.

TL;DR I had made an amateur mistake, and tried to place a date on something that was progressing well at the start.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"