:uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:40 PM
    Sorry. Mourning makes me stupid. and I apologize for spamming the shoutbox. XD

Topic: Do you think the in-game community will still be good once DBOR releases?  (Read 1691 times)

• View Profile
  • Dodongos ate my baby! Q.Q
I thoroughly enjoyed the community in Taiwanese DBO and since hearing about the dbor project many years ago, I was very excited that I'd once again be able to play with all these fun people.

My question is this, however, "Will the community still be as good as it once was?". It seems to me, the type of persons who are on these forums aren't much like the ones who played dbo tw, hk, kr back in its hay-day.

My concerns were just brought about recently whilst contemplating just how much longer the game would take to come out. "Will the people who played it back then come back?" "Have they already given up on the project and lost interest?" "What will become of all the spanish, french, polish, and taiwanese people I used to love to play with?" All these questions assaulted my mind, one after another. And I honestly am unsure as to the answers to these questions...

Perhaps consulting the current community on here will give me some sense of reassurance... I know not, but its at least worth a try, right?  :-[
God and the pigeons are one!
Trust the Pigeon!

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
Well if you stick with your guild and friends from the fourm then I guess you would be fine. Though I think its a good thing because all the trolls cant really bother us anymore O0
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
Well, I can't really say, but I think it wouldn't be the same. As there will most likely be a lot of people who will come when the game is released. Those people will include good, and bad people, especially trolls. So yeah, I just think it wouldn't be the same
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
When the game is at it's fullest potential is when the most people will join the community, so there's no way to predict at this exact moment how the future is gonna turn out :P
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

• View Profile
Well, I can't really say, but I think it wouldn't be the same. As there will most likely be a lot of people who will come when the game is released. Those people will include good, and bad people, especially trolls. So yeah, I just think it wouldn't be the same

...noobs, trolls, pros, scammers...it is inevitable in any online mmo that people like this will flock in spades. In former versions of DBO, there were plenty of these types. It was no exception.

But, for some odd reason, I always found the DBO community to be much more enjoyable than other mmo communities. I think maybe it has to do with the the type of people who would go to all that trouble JUST to play a really dated looking game in a completely different language. Once you got past the initiation process, it was an amazing feeling and to know everyone else in game needed to go through the same thing brought a sense of community I have yet to find in any other game.

These people are so passionate about Dragon Ball that they would go through any obsticle just to play a game with other people who are equally passionate....it is a thing of beauty!

But, I wonder, if now that the process will be so much easier; no need to feel your way around on site's in a different language, making accounts, and playing a game you can't even understand. But yes, now that the process is so much easier, will the people who play be the same type of people? The ones who are so undyingly passionate about dragon ball? Or will it just be those who see "Oh lookie there, there's a db mmo, lets try it out, shall we?"...
Trust the Pigeon!

Offline Sexy

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 47 / 13
    • View Profile
  • King
  • I am a: Fighter
The dbo community has always been more so shitty honestly

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
The dbo community has always been more so shitty honestly
Isn't that just another day at online games?
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

Offline Sexy

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 47 / 13
    • View Profile
  • King
  • I am a: Fighter
Isn't that just another day at online games?

More than likely. But I can easily say the tw version of dbo, easily had the most harassing involved individuals I have ever been apart of in a gaming community. Especially seeing the way DBOG acts, I could say most of those individuals are there. I'd hope DBOR would be different, but I don't have high hopes for that to be quite honest.

• View Profile
  • What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
The community might be better when DBOR comes out but that is just my opinion.

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I think it will be very good in the first our or something... To be honest, I enjoyed the community. I found most players really helpful and some that were not that great. Yeah, there will be a lot of people scamming, other being accused for cheating, and some will be annoying.

But I think that with this forum, we can become a better community in-game. I was on dbocom forum and it was really nice, tis one as an advantage: we can talk directly with the developing team, and maybe help them make the game more fair.
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

Do you think the in-game community will still be good once DBOR releases?
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
I remember DBOCOM had to install infractions to help stem the abuse on the forums. I've said this before on DBOCOM but people would naughtyword and whinge about getting an infraction, but in the end, it was their own fault. People couldn't be mature about someone winning a tournament or winning a dojo war. It was just always hate.

If you are playing a game, you should be able to share your achievements with the community, to show them what you have done. But when you have people racially, verbally abusing someone because of the achievement, that's when it gets out of hand.

And plus, I'd say at least 50% of users are around the age of 13, and their maturity levels haven't developed yet. I'm not saying all 13 year olds are like this, as we have seen on these forums, discussion can be had but all you have to do is look at the "Ban List" to see their work.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 12:10:44 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Formerly known as Rhamus,Harkat,ZFighter in DBO TW
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I remember DBOCOM had to install infractions to help stem the abuse on the forums. I've said this before on DBOCOM but people would popo and whinge about getting an infraction, but in the end, it was their own fault. People couldn't be mature about someone winning a tournament or winning a dojo war. It was just always hate.

If you are playing a game, you should be able to share your achievements with the community, to show them what you have done. But when you have people racially, verbally abusing someone because of the achievement, that's when it gets out of hand.

And plus, I'd say at least 50% of users are around the age of 13, and their maturity levels haven't developed yet. I'm not saying all 13 year olds are like this, as we have seen on these forums, discussion can be had but all you have to do is look at the "Ban List" to see their work.

Definitely agree. TW caused DBOCOM to be a mess. Back in KR it was so much harder to make an account (getting a kssn was easy but the text verification took me a few days). This created a barrier so the community was smaller and tighter, everyone knew eachother and we were all noobs still learning the game and it actually was getting significant updates then. Then sogameway/newgameway started selling accounts and it became easier for people to play. More trolls and noobs joined the community but it still wasn't bad. Used to be able to post achievements and guild stuff and brag a little(come on big achievements deserve some bragging on forums). Then TW comes out and it's easy as hell to make an account and dbocom blows up with activity. Scamming grew to an all time high, people literally would harass other members to no end, flame wars and guild fights constantly, tons of cashers and everyone thought they were "pro". I honestly grew fed up and that contributed to me selling all of my accounts and leaving for awhile not returning to TW till about 4 months before the server shutting down just to hate what the community became and leave again and not log in again. Miss the simple KR days. Tw was still good most of the time but after awhile and around the last full year it was pretty shitty

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 12:55:11 AM »
    • View Profile
Back in KR it was so much harder to make an account (getting a kssn was easy but the text verification took me a few days). This created a barrier so the community was smaller and tighter, everyone knew eachother and we were all noobs still learning the game and it actually was getting significant updates then. Then sogameway/newgameway started selling accounts and it became easier for people to play. More trolls and noobs joined the community but it still wasn't bad. Used to be able to post achievements and guild stuff and brag a little(come on big achievements deserve some bragging on forums). Then TW comes out and it's easy as hell to make an account and dbocom blows up with activity. Scamming grew to an all time high, people literally would harass other members to no end, flame wars and guild fights constantly, tons of cashers and everyone thought they were "pro".

Miss the simple KR days. Tw was still good most of the time but after awhile and around the last full year it was pretty shitty

I concur 150%!

Good job laying it all out like that!
Trust the Pigeon!