Topic: What's the story behind your name?  (Read 12088 times)

What's the story behind your name?
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 03:29:08 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
My name came from trying to decide what to name the protagonist in Persona 3 Portable. I couldn't think up a good one, so I just switched some letters around from my name.

Kinda worked out better than intended, since that character's color motif is red, and ni can mean red. I just sorta stuck with the name after that.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2015, 06:35:23 AM »

Offline Xarlok

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 31 / 6
    • View Profile
  • The wise one ...
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
Recently changed it from Xarlok(which was just a random name I came up with when creating my char in DBO)

As for Juggernaut Yujiro... well..juggernaut is defined as an unstoppable force once it builds momentum . I've been nicknamed by some friends like that cuz of my training and fast progress . As for the Yujiro part of the name ...he's my impossible goal ...impossible and true goal....ye got a naughtyword impossible goal set for myself ...naughtyword " you should set small goals to overcome them and then set new goals " ..ye ..naughtyword dat naughtyword . My training methods are totally unorthodox ..same as mentality

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »

Offline MaestroSaiyan

• Contributor
  • 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 你有没有遇到一个神的力?
  • I am a: Human
A long time ago, there was a great disturbance in the Force.
A young Italian boy was changing air, away from DBO TW and joining DBO HK.
Jokes aside, I got this one once I joined HK..
It's pretty simple, first I picked up "Saiyan" then I kept wondering about a cool word, so at last I got "Maestro" (Master)

MaestroSaiyan ;)

Project Translator for DBORevelations

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac

James West, huh?

I'm named Santiago, and a lot of just call me Santi. James is Santiago in english btw.
And the HN is referring to Honduras. Most people from my country use it to recognize each other online.
Yaaay! You found it @SantiHN  :D
The memories...  :juggs:

(So there's a song on Will Smith's channel dedicated to my name... that's what I call an ego booster lol!)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:24:41 AM by West »
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:42 AM »

Offline Gokule

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Martial Artist
 O0 Cause Gokule Happened god dammit! Even if it was only in Goku's mind!   :superangry:   O0   :r_worried:   O0   :))

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
 Well . . .

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Oh, mine came from

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Most of the names so far come from stuff created for games. I can't remember creating a new name for a game except when I played Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (only FF game I've actually played so far) I named my character "Rioku" and I don't even know why, it just came to my mind.

I never used that name again since I usually picked my own real name for singleplayer games and then started using Tofu but I once read an NPC in a game (Adventure Quest Worlds) called Ryoku and I figured it sounded more Japanese if I changed Rioku's I with a Y and then I started using Ryoku as an alternate name after I have already used Tofu or any of it's versions I regularly use. I also use Ryku for females, although Riku sounds better, Ryku might be a bit less mainstream.

Edit: I recently discovered "Ryöku" means "strength" or "power", as stated in this Soul Eater character's wikia page. Pretty neat coincidence in my opinion, to have it mean something, considering it was a name I made up when I was like 8 years old and had barely watched any anime. I use the name Ryoku but I pronouce it like Ryöku anyway.

I also came up with Releg about a week ago, mutating Zeref (from Fairy Tail). I kept changing one character at a time till it sounded decent.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:13:55 PM by Tofu »
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2015, 11:46:58 PM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I chose Gogeta because it's my favorite DB character but not because he's strong, but for his attacks, and the AR are the initials of my last names.
Also I use AnttiAR for some accounts, Antti is my real name (it's Finnish) and AR you already know.

PS: Now you know who I am  :nonose: D:

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2015, 01:55:18 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I chose Gogeta because it's my favorite DB character but not because he's strong, but for his attacks, and the AR are the initials of my last names.
Also I use AnttiAR for some accounts, Antti is my real name (it's Finnish) and AR you already know.

PS: Now you know who I am  :nonose: D:

I'm gonna go to your house and pay you a visit now :))
MarineCorps

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 03:31:55 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I've actually used this name for years. Came up with it when I just got into writing stories and needed a name for an attack. Name stuck ever since. I find it funny a lot of people have a hard time pronouncing this name. Sometimes you'll see alternate versions like "TheBlazingBarrager" or "TheBlazing" or "Blazing*insert text here*" and so on.

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:08 AM »

Offline Caleb

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • "Get up, but don't ever give up. Never surrender!"
Really, this is my real name. I was going to change it to "Rougueflame" when the game started up. I guess I wanted to put something up that was similar to my Youtube name, "Renegade Rising", but really I just wanted to do something a little bit different this time around, especially being the leader of a guild and all.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. I am the Super Saiyan!"

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm just Saiyan, I'M GONNA WRECK IT!
  • I am a: Fighter
My name is really basic, I was trying to come up with a different name that was a bit cooler and original, I only been using it for a year now :-\.

I got "Silent" from my personality sense i'm a pretty quiet person. "Trtl" is just short for Turtle, which came from the name of the Roshi's school in Dragonball and the Dogi I used the most in DBO (other then FutureTrunks), and I like turtles ^-^. Last and least I just took "Dragon" from Dragonball.

Also got the idea combining Turtle and Dragon from this Avatar the last Airbender scene.

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2015, 02:18:54 AM »

Offline Tempest

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 1
    • View Profile
The character Sync the Tempest from tales of the Abyss, as he was one of my favorite characters in the game:

Spoiler for Hidden:

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2015, 04:48:00 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Karma Majin
This is a kinda long story. In minecraft (witch i know hate) there was a mod where there was a mob that was called the robo pounder and on the forums for the mod there where users named after mobs in the mod. so i made my account name after my favorite mob.

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2015, 04:57:58 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
I thought I already posted here forever ago..... I guess I didn't.

Anyway mine isnt really all that interesting. As you can probably tell Roxas is a character from Kingdom Hearts. I really liked him and his character and I relate to him he alot. So I don't know where it started. Maybe AQW or some other game but "Roxas" was usually taken.  Well for me the coolest thing Roxas does is dual wield Oblivion and Oathkeeper and that fight with Riku was badass. So I coined the name DualRoxas, and that has been my username for most things.(Pretty much everything).

Over time I stopped associating the name with the character and associating it with myself instead, as Im not a big KH fan anymore. ON this site Im lucky enough to be the only Roxas so, I'm Roxas. Recently instead of DualRoxas, it's been Roxas Kasai, sorta giving that name a last name to seperate myself. Welp thats pretty much it  :cold:

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2015, 04:49:29 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
This is a kinda long story. In minecraft (witch i know hate) there was a mod where there was a mob that was called the robo pounder and on the forums for the mod there where users named after mobs in the mod. so i made my account name after my favorite mob.

That wasn't that long. Cool story. :)

I thought I already posted here forever ago..... I guess I didn't.

Anyway mine isnt really all that interesting. As you can probably tell Roxas is a character from Kingdom Hearts. I really liked him and his character and I relate to him he alot. So I don't know where it started. Maybe AQW or some other game but "Roxas" was usually taken.  Well for me the coolest thing Roxas does is dual wield Oblivion and Oathkeeper and that fight with Riku was badass. So I coined the name DualRoxas, and that has been my username for most things.(Pretty much everything).

Over time I stopped associating the name with the character and associating it with myself instead, as Im not a big KH fan anymore. ON this site Im lucky enough to be the only Roxas so, I'm Roxas. Recently instead of DualRoxas, it's been Roxas Kasai, sorta giving that name a last name to seperate myself. Welp thats pretty much it  :cold:

I'm really interested in playing Kingdom Hearts now. You posted a video in the game intro thread and I was like "Woah, the game looks neat!"

I've always wanted to play it, actually. I never had a PlayStation though...
MarineCorps

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2015, 05:48:55 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
That wasn't that long. Cool story. :)

I'm really interested in playing Kingdom Hearts now. You posted a video in the game intro thread and I was like "Woah, the game looks neat!"

I've always wanted to play it, actually. I never had a PlayStation though...
Well if you have a ds/3ds pick up 365/2 days and maybe dream drop distance . 365/2 days is one of my favorite KH game strangely enough . But if you have a play station you can always get 1.5 and 2.5 they are a bit cheaper now less than 20$ used at GameStop .

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2015, 06:10:32 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Well if you have a ds/3ds pick up 365/2 days and maybe dream drop distance . 365/2 days is one of my favorite KH game strangely enough . But if you have a play station you can always get 1.5 and 2.5 they are a bit cheaper now less than 20$ used at GameStop .

I'm actually interested in the game's storyline. Like who is Sora and how did he end up in all this Kingdom Hearts story and stuff.
MarineCorps

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2015, 07:51:07 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
  • I am a: Majin
I'm actually interested in the game's storyline. Like who is Sora and how did he end up in all this Kingdom Hearts story and stuff.
To inform ya, the plot gets very incoherent in the third game (Kingdom Hearts II). Good characters you could relate to, nice Disney ring to it, (Which was the entire reason why I wanted to play the series) and great gameplay, but a very confusing story.

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Just try and get on my level. I dare you.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
great gameplay

Kingdom hearts has atrocious gameplay. Its one of the most repetitive things I've ever played. The combat is horrendous.

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »
    • View Profile
My name is Maykel, mayks is my name without "el" and a "s" in the final. spark is, cuz' i like the element thunder in games and thats, and spark is the only word who can looks cool with mayks. maykspark.

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2015, 12:12:40 AM »

Offline Sky

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Ruler of the Divines and ya Step Mom
well long ago like really long ago i was playing some game and usually didn't care what name i had tried some name that was §kysai§ hmmm... yeah. It seemed like ass to me but i wanted to play and then ppl started calling me Sky, then i went on to become skysai cuz its never taken then i came just Sky as it is short and simple

but now i have ascended past even that level and people now call me Lord Sky.
A Cool Guy Like Me   Deserves A Cool Sig

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2015, 12:37:46 AM »

Offline SkyHero20

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Unbreakable will of determination
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
my name is simply made because sky means that im i a person that likes to fly alot which makes my life easy but hero is simply just there for show boating which reminds me i should start to make a thread on your guys characters in the game and their backstory
[img/]https://imgur.com/a/inqtN7l[/img]
expect the unexpected

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2015, 05:26:53 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
which reminds me i should start to make a thread on your guys characters in the game and their backstory

That thread exists already, actually.

and people now call me Lord Sky.

I don't. ;D

Cool stories :D
MarineCorps