Topic: What's the story behind your name?  (Read 11919 times)

What's the story behind your name?
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 03:03:04 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I just thought it sounded nice... There is no particular reason to why I have chosen it. My characters' names on every game I play, well those are little word play with my name. All of them except for one: bakajin.

But yeah, there isn't a story behind my names...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:31:56 AM by Aethelred »
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 04:04:31 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Well it all started years ago.

Me and my buddy watch Top Gun.

We start to play CS 1.6 ,  in that time it was super popular in ours country.
Since he was naughtyword nuts af and I was kinda normal nuts  lol.
He use to call himself Maverick and when ever he make shit and come alive, he would say this:

Since we use to be top players and admins in that time, we had some "respect" from other players but when he start to call me like that, others follow it.

Since I wasn't able to get rid of that nick, I accept it.
Funny thing is, that for all this years I still use this nick even tho my friend give up from games long time ago.

Ah well, that is my story.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:07:40 AM by Iceman »
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 04:23:17 AM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
I think when I was 10 or 8... I was signing up for a Nickelodeon account and I tried millions of names, But none really worked. So I took a bit of spongebob's name and made Kobob, Though the name kinda stuck with me for years xD
I did not get my name from a food >_>
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 04:25:49 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Because nobody elses' story matters, here's mine.

Flash back to 2004. Playing a small MMO nobody has heard of. I meet a guy with the name 'Umbra', and says it's the latin name for Shadow.

Sounded cool enough, but putting an x on the end made it have a whole other meaning and it sounded way cooler. Also, you can put tenses on it, and it sounds awesome.

Umbrax'ed, Umbraxifyed, Umbraxify, etc etc. Sometimes I go by Brax, because that sounds cool too.

Or maybe that's the story I WANT you guys to believe. The origins of Umbrax will never be clear!

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Because nobody elses' story matters, here's mine.

Flash back to 2004. Playing a small MMO nobody has heard of. I meet a guy with the name 'Umbra', and says it's the latin name for Shadow.

Sounded cool enough, but putting an x on the end made it have a whole other meaning and it sounded way cooler. Also, you can put tenses on it, and it sounds awesome.

Umbrax'ed, Umbraxifyed, Umbraxify, etc etc. Sometimes I go by Brax, because that sounds cool too.

Or maybe that's the story I WANT you guys to believe. The origins of Umbrax will never be clear!

Yet you're also Umbreon (I'm gonna tease you with that for ever >:D). Here's a wikipedia site on what Umbra means :D
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 04:34:28 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Yet you're also Umbreon (I'm gonna tease you with that for ever >:D). Here's a wikipedia site on what Umbra means :D

> whole wikipedia site dedicated to me

gg

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 04:35:44 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
> whole wikipedia site dedicated to me

gg

Not really, you're just a little parragraph out of the whole page.
MarineCorps

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 04:40:41 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
Also, my original username ttcapt46, came from my Mother. I was on Cartoon Network, I think I was playing a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends game, and I had to make a username. I couldn't think of one, so I asked my mom. She got the tt because my name starts with a T, and the capt from me wanting to be a captain. I don't know where she got the 46 from.

Ever since then, I started using it for every game I played. I slowly drifted from it, but I kept going back to it lol. Some people think my username is actually Titty Captain xD
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2015, 06:06:55 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Nice stories so far, not dissapointed at all. Tell us yours @Stormfall. Don't just comment on @Aeris's :P. I'm not sure which one I like more @vating, both are funny, actually. Misstyping Vader as "Vating" sounds something pretty hard to acomplish.
Alright then!

I am a fan of the game Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Final Mix), and I wanted to name myself after a person in the game. But I couldn't find a name that fits me best, so I thought of the Keyblade Stormfall, and boy it was a perfect pick.

Short story, but it's how I got my username.

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2015, 06:11:20 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
Alright then!

I am a fan of the game Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Final Mix), and I wanted to name myself after a person in the game. But I couldn't find a name that fits me best, so I thought of the Keyblade Stormfall, and boy it was a perfect pick.

Following that some guy named Aqua picked you up and started killing people with you.

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2015, 06:31:57 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Following that some guy named Aqua picked you up and started killing people with you.
Aqua is a guy?

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Aqua is a guy?

I don't know, I just said guy since I don't know the game at all! xD

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2015, 06:38:48 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
I don't know, I just said guy since I don't know the game at all! xD
Aqua is a girl lol

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2015, 06:41:31 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Aqua is a girl lol
Okay, thank you for letting me know. :D

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2015, 06:46:55 AM »
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm going to have a fun version, and a brutally honest version.

The fun version is I was four and decided that I should get as much sugar in me as possible and try and type random names from Star Wars.  After a week in a sugar coma, I look back at it and tried to figure out which ones were which.  Never figured out this one but it looked cool, so I use it now.

The brutally honest version is, is that I was trying to put Vader in the user name for some old MMO that I don't remember and misspelled it to Vating, and the name just stuck.

Tell me, which version did you like more?
hi whqat is aquote yo yo yo

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2015, 06:47:27 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Okay, thank you for letting me know. :D
You're welcome.

What\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s the story behind your name?
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:29 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
Yeah it fits way better than that girl. But I still like her  <3

oh i see now what up

i wanna know

who is aqua

hey are you ok

gg

Please ban this guy. We have enough idiots here.

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »

Offline Darkclox

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Hollow
  • I am a: Dende Priest
I didn't know english when I made ''Darkclox'' so I thought that I was saying ''darkness is close''.

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Alright then!

It wasn't bad at all anyway. Specially when you added the whole glow thing that made it cooler. :P
MarineCorps

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »

Offline Sexy

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 47 / 13
    • View Profile
  • King
  • I am a: Fighter
Pretty self explanatory.

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2015, 03:46:54 PM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
Ahh. Well I remember giving a short explanation as to why when I first introduced myself ever in this forum. I guess I'll just give the long version here then:

When I was just a kid (11? 12 years old?) my sister alongside 2 other close friends of mine were REALLY into the anime 'Shaman King'. My sister and the older friend were into it so much, they even joined lots of role-playing forums related to 'Shaman King'. They made countless stories about their adventures with Yoh, Hao, and the rest of the 'Shaman King' cast. Of course, as a little kid I wanted in on the fun so I remember practically begging my sister to make me a character in one of their role-play stories. I remember spending a good hour deciding on my character looks, weapons, shaman spirit, etc. Finally, it came down to deciding my name and my spirit's name. I had no clue what to name my character - let alone my spirit's name.

So I thought back to another anime show I loved back in the day. It's name was 'Beyblade'. There was one character I absolutely loved from that show - his name was 'Kai'. So I told my sister and friend that I wanted my name to be 'Kai'. My friend nodded her head in understanding as she wrote it down. I remember she said, "Well the Japanese kanji for 'Kai' also means 'fire'. Seeing as your main weapon and powers are fire based, I think it's a fitting name." But before she could set it in stone, I objected and said I wanted to change it. I wanted something unique not just some other generic person named 'Kai'. After thinking for a little while, I ended up just adding a 'zaa' to it. For no reason other than thinking it sounds cool.

In the end, I made my character successfully as 'Kaizaa Yamashira'. As I grew older, I dropped one of the 'a' because of two reasons: 1) it looked dumb. 2) I realized 'Kaiza' was an actual real name.

And since I'm no longer role-playing as a Shaman King character, I don't really need 'Yamashira' as a surname any more. Though if I ever do roleplay else where, you might see my character have the surname as a subtle nod to his true origins.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2015, 03:48:25 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin

Mine comes from a movie which I have no clue what it was called, played by Will Smith who was a cop-cowboy or something and his name was Mr.West. (I remember at the last bit of the movie, he would have an encounter with the villain who had created some kind of massive spider robot, I think the villain was on a wheelchair... hmm...).

James West, huh?

I'm named Santiago, and a lot of just call me Santi. James is Santiago in english btw.
And the HN is referring to Honduras. Most people from my country use it to recognize each other online.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:52:26 PM by SantiHN »

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2015, 09:02:12 PM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
My nickname comes from the character John Casey of the television series "Chuck".
I have been totally hooked to that telefilm in the past, and I like how Adam Baldwin portrayed his character.
As a matter of fact Casey was the in game name of my Dragon Clan.
Spoiler for Hidden:

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2015, 11:21:41 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Kiyza is a corruption of my middle name with different letters. I wanted a username that was short and sweet, but spelling it the same way as the actual name (Kaisa, it's Finnish) would mean I'd have to deal with people using the name on larger sites, so Kiyza is my usual username. I used to use it for everything, but I use other usernames for things like role playing these days.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hi
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
My last name is originally "Bartolovic" but most people called me "Bart" because it was easier to say.. I just watch a lot of anime and i really liked the suffix  Senpai.. so i called myself Bart-Senpai on the internet :)