* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: What's the story behind your name?  (Read 10736 times)

What's the story behind your name?
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
So I just thought of this topic and considered it can be a fun topic to have people explain where their names come from so I stopped my college homework I'm doing to log-in on the forums and start this thread :P. I'd love to have everyone participate in different languages so people who's not good at english but know spanish can feel free to write in spanish and I'll happily translate since I know both languages but I can't help in any other.

The point is to tell the story of why you're called how you're called in the forums. If that is not your usual name in games or in other stuff, feel free to explain your usual name and not the one you have here. I'll post my story later, after a few people have posted already.

I'd also enjoy to see people like @Bardock come up with something fun other than just "Because I like Bardock, duh!" and maybe describe the character and why you love him so much.

I consider this a fun thing to do on the forums like the Rate The Signature Above you thread but I was not sure if it could be considered a game so I posted it here.

In spanish:
Spoiler for En español:
Así que se me ocurrió esta idea para un tema del foro y lo cree porque me pareció divertido que todos expliquemos el origen de nuestros nombres del foro así que interrumpí el trabajo que estoy haciendo para la universidad para hacer este tema :P. Me encantaría que participen personas de todo el mundo así que si no dominan bien el inglés siéntanse libres de escribir en español y yo, felizmente ayudaré a traducir pues conozco ambos idiomas.

El punto es contar la historia explicando por que tienes el nombre que tienes en el foro y si no es el nombre que utilizas normalmente en juegos o en otros lugares, puedes explicar ese nombre en vez de explicar el del foro. Una vez que ya varias personas hayan contado sus historias, yo publicaré la mía.

También me gustaría que las personas que no tienen nombres propios como Bardock o Goku no solo digan "Porque me gusta el personaje, duh!" sino que expliquen por que les gusta tanto el personaje y lo describan un poco.

Me pareció algo divertido para hacer en el foro como el tema de evaluar las firmas de los demás pero no lo puse en la categoría de los juegos porque no se si se puede considerar un juego también.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Bardock is my favorite character, the dude is a beast

Back in dbo i was called ssjbardock12 fanyboying  the hell out of him.

When i joined the forums i had the luck of getting the name bardock and naughtyword bitches, and thats that

RagingSoul's version of bardock

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:13:37 AM by Bardock »
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Okay, I'm going to have a fun version, and a brutally honest version.

The fun version is I was four and decided that I should get as much sugar in me as possible and try and type random names from Star Wars.  After a week in a sugar coma, I look back at it and tried to figure out which ones were which.  Never figured out this one but it looked cool, so I use it now.

The brutally honest version is, is that I was trying to put Vader in the user name for some old MMO that I don't remember and misspelled it to Vating, and the name just stuck.

Tell me, which version did you like more?

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:13:23 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
I'm not sure if I made it up, but I'm pretty sure I got it from Teen Wolf ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). In Teen Wolf, he is a deputy with unknow abilities. I just thought it was cool, so I started using it
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Bardock is my favorite character, the dude is a beast

Back in dbo i was called ssjbardock12 fanyboying  the hell out of him.

When i joined the forums i had the luck of getting the name bardock and popo bitches, and thats that
Don't forget you get turned on by his muscles

For me, my 5th Grade french teacher pronounced my name as Delmoo, sounded like a cow. When making my youtube Channel, I remembered a spelling word I had, chic, added n to Delmoo and got ChicDelmoon... I was pleased.

People and their sucky vocabulary pronounced it as chick delmoon and some people commented on why i was calling myself a chick.

Anyway, Xz just seemed appealing and was the 2 main buttons I use in my hardcore MLP Pokemon GBA PC gaming. So i dropped Chic and added Xz to Delmoon and now I have DelmoonXz :D

My in-game name was through anger of the game not allowing me to put my Name as Goku ( i thought it was singleplayer ) I thought for 4 days and eventually thought : La (The) Pin (Sharp and dangerous)
Lapin turns out to be rabbit in french buh owell...

I now call myself Dr. D

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 11:28:43 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
My name comes from the game Heroes of might and magic (yeah, not FF). I just loved the name when I saw it.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
  • I am a: Majin
My name comes from the game Heroes of might and magic (yeah, not FF). I just loved the name when I saw it.

That name fits that guy so much better than the girl in FF7.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 12:27:03 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
Nice stories so far, not dissapointed at all. Tell us yours @Stormfall. Don't just comment on @Aeris's :P. I'm not sure which one I like more @vating, both are funny, actually. Misstyping Vader as "Vating" sounds something pretty hard to acomplish.

Ok so here's mine. @Umbrax, brace yourself for the lamest story ever:

So since I've been little it's been hard for me to like new kinds of food. Till this day I don't like meats other than cow and chicken and I don't like any kind of seafood. White cheese is also something I hate, amongs many other common stuff everyone eats. I do like a weird kind of food no one usually likes, which is (and I had to use google translate for this) liverwurst.

About 8 or 9 years ago, during a family trip to Canada, I was haging out with with some friends of my uncle (who do live in Canada unlike the rest of the family), they were Venezuelans like me. They eventually offered me some ham and I was like "No thanks, I don't like ham." and they though "Well that's weird." but after a while, they started noticing there was a lot of common stuff I didn't eat and eventually my mom mentioned I like liverwurst and one of my uncle's friends was like "Dahell man? You eat liverwust but won't eat white cheese? I'm gonna call you Tofu, I bet you do eat that stuff."

At first I HATED that name but during the whole trip I was being called Tofu by everyone, even my parents and my sister so I eventually got used to it. I didn't like it but I didn't mind at all. One day, I jumped in a freezing cold river challenging myself to last inside as much as I could and the same guy that nicknamed me Tofu started calling me The Mighty Tofu just because I dared do that unlike everyone there. I found it funny and suddenly Tofu didn't sound as bad. The guy, after discovering I hadn't tried tofu before, invited me a meal so I could try it and it tasted horrible but I kept the nickname.

I didn't manage to get my friends back home to start calling me Tofu but the first time I named a character in a game after that trip I had no ideas and suddenly I just though: "Since no one calls me Tofu, why not have that name here?" Of course, Tofu's always taken so I usually end up being named "The Tofu" or "Tofux" or "The Tofux" since those are usually the names that are availale.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
I think this is the reason.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 01:11:05 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
I think this is the reason.

That was anti-climatic...

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 01:14:35 PM »

Offline Serdester

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The Game Hopper
I was looking for a char name on WoW, bashed the keyboard and looked for anything resembling a name, i saw "serd" somewhere in there and stuck with it, then it became "Serdester" when i wanted it to be longer

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »

Offline Ultimatum

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The strongest Warrior ever known
well i was playing dcuo for the first time when it became free like 3 years ago and i was at a complete loss for what  i wanted to name my time of course all the majorly cool and generic names are taken so i was thinking of cool sounding words and Ultimatum came to mind after looking up the meaning (i was young) i decided it was good enough surprise taken just put in final Ultimatum it worked and kept it as ultimatum (or a variant of it) in all games i play so yeah
I've seen the end of countless worlds. Friends have died and enemies rise i was supposed to be a savior a hero. I am the last one. I Am The Ultimatum.  

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm Mystic Vegito! Hit me with your best shot!
I heard of this guy named Vegito. I fell in love with him. True story.

8) 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
Mike is a shortening of Michael, and the other letters are my initials.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »
    • View Profile
Salamander, I went on a Darkrp server and named myself SALAMANDER MAN based off of FilthyFranks character. Screaming nyess and all that. Then everyone started calling me Salamander.

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »
    • View Profile
    • Shin-Moto's Home page
  • Master of Shin-Moto
  • I am a: Fighter
I went around looking for Japanese names and meanings after wanting a name for Role playing, because back in DBO My name was NICKGC9732 and that my friends does not look good for Role playing. So My friends and I started a RP family and did not like my old rp name of (Kazuma Vechin). They also did not want the last name to be Vechin, So we picked the last name of Kegawa.With that i was on a search for a good name, And i found Katsumi and Katsuma. I liked the name, and thought it sounded better then Kazuma. With Katsumi sounding female and being classified as female i picked the male version of Katsuma and stuck with is for the last 2 years XD. i also started to use the name on other games along with steam, though people kept shorting it to Kat, So I became MR.Kat on steam.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
I just wanted a cool name for MMO's and stuff and i thought: "the Saiyans' names are all based on vegetables right? Why don't I do that as well?" and i searched for some japanese vegetables and i saw "Komatsuna" and i liked it.

This is a Komatsuna:

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
The Story behind my name huh...?

One Piece ! xD
well...for forum name...not really saying Luffy is my favorite Character from One Piece..i just can't decide hahahaha...there are so many Characters...^^

For my Char names... well..i was playing around with some words, mixed them etc. but wanna keep my char names a secret until the release. Maybe i'll write the story into the Thread then^^
And no, i won't name my char Luffy or any other char name from One Piece or from any other Anime. Got my own ones.  ;D
*click for original size*

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
I just wanted a cool name for MMO's and stuff and i thought: "the Saiyans' names are all based on vegetables right? Why don't I do that as well?" and i searched for some japanese vegetables and i saw "Komatsuna" and i liked it.

This is a Komatsuna:

Spinach? lol
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 09:46:01 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.
Spinach? lol
Yeah it's also called "musterd spinach" Wikipedia FTW
And I like spinach.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:49:06 PM by Komatsuna »

Perfect... another one of those guys.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
Wrll as a child growing up people called me JOJO. So at first that was my name on here. But now while I was at a scouting camp, somebody gave me the name Jango, So I role with that now instead of Jojo. So when I got the name Jango I was like, "Y not change my name on the forums."

So I used the name Rogue for many reasons.

On of my favorite characters in a anime, Sounds cool, My favorite class to play in most mmos, ans etc.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 01:26:53 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
I used to go by the alias of just duke, but as i was signing up for Adventure quest back in 2003/2004
It was obviously taken, now either i had made a mistake and accidentally added an m, or it was a suggested name, along with 5 others.

So either one, but I've gone with it, and been using it ever since then.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 01:49:55 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
I used to go by the alias of just duke, but as i was signing up for Adventure quest back in 2003/2004
It was obviously taken, now either i had made a mistake and accidentally added an m, or it was a suggested name, along with 5 others.

So either one, but I've gone with it, and been using it ever since then.
So your name doesn't come from...?

k

O:-) :kappa:
---
Mine comes from a movie which I have no clue what it was called, played by Will Smith who was a cop-cowboy or something and his name was Mr.West. (I remember at the last bit of the movie, he would have an encounter with the villain who had created some kind of massive spider robot, I think the villain was on a wheelchair... hmm...).

I saw this film back in 2009 whilst on the beach on summer vacations. And used the name "Mr.West" mostly for C.S. 1.6, I loved it and ended up being "West Sky" in every game. In DBO I continue to use it but I had to have 2nd characters, so just for fun used SonWest (yes, no wonder on why "Son") and West San.
Anyways, so now I just go by West.
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 02:03:40 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
I, for my other job was in a band of music also .apart the first majin the name as majinmusic and that also trumpet sound (last class), and also by the series :Mushiking Anime ;D :)

https://www.google.es/search?q=mushiking+anime&biw=1344&bih=764&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GCaMVeGVHcj2UqmhkqAE&ved=0CCMQsAQ

my group music-work -hobby

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:13:38 AM by MajinMusic »

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:58 AM »

Offline Ren

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Confine, Murcielago!
This is a really good story, Enjoy :)).
First of all I was a big fan of the Jak and Daxter games (still am) when I was younger I like the sound of Renegade from Jak 2 Renegade so I used for my username for most games I played (if it's taken I would put a Z or Z6 after it). Then in DBO and other games people started calling me Rene for short, Rene as most of you know is a female name. I then told people to call me Ren instead because of the reason above and because it sounds nice. People still called me Rene even after telling them so I said popo this and used Ren as my name for almost everything now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:25:12 AM by Ren »