• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Yesterday at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Yesterday at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • December 16, 2017, 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • December 16, 2017, 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: First timer with some questions.  (Read 3985 times)

First timer with some questions.
« on: June 17, 2015, 02:28:40 AM »
    • View Profile
Hey there fellow Dragon Ball fans :)

Ok,well i never got to play DBO since i could never got that "number" that i needed so i could sign up,so ill be starting fresh and i had a couple of questions for all those that have played the game before.

Always have two main characters in every mmo that i play,one is ranged dps (not dots) and the other is a tank (both exclusively for pve only,i never pvp), so here are my questions:

1)Ranged dps,which class & race should i go for?
Is there any class/race combo that is like a "glass cannon"?
Would love it if he could use Kamehameha but if not its ok,no big deal,just want ranged dps,from what ive read there is one class/race (Turtle Hermit) combo that has some very good aoe,but what about single target skills? Does he have any good single target dps skills aswell?
How about survivability? Being a glass cannon class well im guessing  survivability will be low but not so much as to make leveling hard right?
Apart from Turtle Hermit is there any other ranged dps class (no dots) that i should know of?

2)Ok now on to tanks,from what ive read Dark Warriors are the best tanks but also Shadow Knight can tank is that right?
Always play a true tank so i would apreciate some info on what race/class combo to level for tanking.

Got a lot of more questions but since i never played the game i prefer to just learn as i go and not spoil the fun,only info i need is about ranged dps and tanks and thats about it.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Cheers.

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 02:40:06 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Poko priest is a fairly decent ranged class, any of the wonder majin's masterclasses do fairly alright too.

But overall turtle is the best for large range aoe dmg.

Yes, dark warrior is heavy pure tank.
Shadow knight is also an awesome but it's more offensive then defensive.

nothing really compares to these too, Ultimate and chef can tank half as well

Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 02:42:11 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I played a Turtle Hermit back when DBO was up. I didn't get too far because I quit the game but they're a very strong ranged dps class, specially for PvE. They focus on massive damage on AoE skills and they still have a few strong single-target skills like the Spirit Ball. Turtle Hermits use a lot of different Kamehameha techniques and they're great for farming and DB hunting, since they can group up a big ammount of mobs and as long as he's alive, he can turn around and kill them all with a few Kames.

Other than that, both of the Dragon Clan Nameks are ranged too but they're more of a support character in PvE while being great for PvP (but you said you don't do PvP).

About majins, there's Wonder Majins and I think the others are called Plasma Majins. Wonder Majins are ranged, focused on energy attacks while Plasma are melee.

I didn't play Nameks so I can't say much about them but Dark Warrior and Shadow Knight are pretty much the only meta tanks in the game. Not sure of the difference between the two but I'm looking forward to learn along with you with this thread, since I like tanking too. I heard about Fighters and a few Majin classes being able to tank but I'm not really well-informed on that...

Actually, I lack a lot of knowledge about the game so I might be wrong in a lot of this stuff I said.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 03:09:18 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
About majins, there's Wonder Majins and I think the others are called Plasma Majins. Wonder Majins are ranged, focused on energy attacks while Plasma are melee.

wrong^^

Wonder Majin is the spiritual class. Plasma and Karma Majin are the sub classes. So both are energy based too. Plasma Majin has nice aoe skills which makes good enough dmg and with Kid Buu they rock at PvE ^^ ...Can't say much about Karma but they are more for PvP.

Turtles are the ones you're looking for when it comes to real dmg. But you need the right EQ which can be damn expensive for Turtles ^^ ...but i guess that's a problem for the future xD

My experiences with Turtles are showing me that they actually have problems with the "survivability". With Ultimate Majin buffs they are doing good. But without them they die easily. Turtles are fighting "fast". In PvE hey tank some mobs and use their aoe stun, then aoe debuff which weakens the defense and then they shoot kamehameha like there's no tomorrow xD

Namekian DW is the tanker class from DBO. They are real monsters. Sure...SK can be a tank too but in my opinion they are more useful in PvP. The only "problem" DW has is that his skills kinda make not good enough dmg which is sad. They are perfect for PvE because of its skills. SK mainly uses bold strike but i think the other skills they use still make a little more dmg than DW skills. Hopefully this gets changed in DBOR. DW just needs a little more dmg and it'll be perfect.

And Ultimate Majins (the buffer class) is also able to tank. Heard that they can be good at it too but never really saw one tanking. In my parties they were mostly buffing and sometimes transforming into kid buu to attack (aoe)

*click for original size*

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 03:13:27 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
wrong^^

Wonder Majin is the spiritual class. Plasma and Karma Majin are the sub classes. So both are energy based too. Plasma Majin has nice aoe skills which makes good enough dmg and with Kid Buu they rock at PvE ^^ ...Can't say much about Karma but they are more for PvP.

Turtles are the ones you're looking for when it comes to real dmg. But you need the right EQ which can be damn expensive for Turtles ^^ ...but i guess that's a problem for the future xD

My experiences with Turtles are showing me that they actually have problems with the "survivability". With Ultimate Majin buffs they are doing good. But without them they die easily. Turtles are fighting "fast". In PvE hey tank some mobs and use their aoe stun, then aoe debuff which weakens the defense and then they shoot kamehameha like there's no tomorrow xD

Namekian DW is the tanker class from DBO. They are real monsters. Sure...SK can be a tank too but in my opinion they are more useful in PvP. The only "problem" DW has is that his skills kinda make not good enough dmg which is sad. They are perfect for PvE because of its skills. SK mainly uses bold strike but i think the other skills they use still make a little more dmg than DW skills. Hopefully this gets changed in DBOR. DW just needs a little more dmg and it'll be perfect.

And Ultimate Majins (the buffer class) is also able to tank. Heard that they can be good at it too but never really saw one tanking. In my parties they were mostly buffing and sometimes transforming into kid buu to attack (aoe)

There ya go. I was expecting somene to correct me in a lot of stuff but looks like I wasn't that wrong afteral :P

Thanks @Monkey D. Luffy ;D
MarineCorps

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:28:13 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin

It depends on whether or not you prefer PvE or PvP I think.  If you're thinking more PvE, Turtle Hermit works great, as does Plasma Majin, or Poko Priest.  Turtle Hermit has greater PvE damage, while Plasma Majin has more skills to mess around with the opponent as well as good PvE damage.  There's also Poko Priest with summons, healing, and decent PvE damage, so that's another good one.

In terms of PvP, Karma Majin is another great contender, with great KD potential, high firepower, and once again fun skills to mess people with.  There's Crane Hermit, but he focuses more on DOT, which I'm pretty sure you said you don't want.  Dende Priest is also good, but he has fewer damage moves, and focuses more on being something no one can ever seem to kill, but he still has some good energy blasts up his sleeve.

2. Shadow Knight and Dragon Warrior are both able tanks, though Shadow Knight is more PvP focused while Dragon Warrior is more PvE focused.  There's also Ultimate Majin, with countless buffs, and Chef Majin, with fewer but still many buffs and better PvP skills.  Honestly Dende and Poko Priests can go here too, as while they don't have as great defenses, they have insane healing (especially Dende).

In the end though, just pick what you like bro! 8)
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 05:02:24 AM »
    • View Profile
Thanks for the replies guys,lots of useful info i will be able to use in the future.

Another question,what level is recommended so you can get a "feel" of the class,since it seems i have like a couple of different classes to choose from each (Dps & Tank) i will have to level them to see which one i prefer.

With limited gaming time (pops is kinda sick so im taking care of him) dont want to level a character all the way up to 60?¿ and then just drop them for another,so which level you guys feel is the apropiate so i can judge how a character plays? specially when he gets his "iconic" much needed class/race specific aka bread and butter skills and such.

P.S: Can any of the classes/races be compared to the ones in WoW,Swtor,etc,etc..?¿ Just wondering,since i played a lot of mmos a comparison like X class in DBO plays like a Warlock in WoW etc,etc.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:07:04 AM by Blastnugget »

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:36 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Thanks for the replies guys,lots of useful info i will be able to use in the future.

Another question,what level is recommended so you can get a "feel" of the class,since it seems i have like a couple of different classes to choose from each (Dps & Tank) i will have to level them to see which one i prefer.

With limited gaming time (pops is kinda sick so im taking care of him) dont want to level a character all the way up to 60?¿ and then just drop them for another,so which level you guys feel is the apropiate so i can judge how a character plays? specially when he gets his "iconic" much needed class/race specific aka bread and butter skills and such.

The good news for you is that when DBOR releases, the level cap is 38 at start.   This means leveling multiple characters will be much simpler, as well as changing the flow of the game at start.   Plus you have 8 character slots (all free), so you also can keep most of them.  Happy grinding! 8)
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 05:50:55 AM »

Offline chano

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
1. -As you heard, Turtle Hermit does the greatest dmg in the game, but it needs high upgrades or buffs to survive...
-Karmas & Plasmas are really nice at PVE too, they can't reach the insane dmg of Turtles, but they can compensate with lower cooldown, so they can spam the skills more than Turtles and get almost the same results in the same time... And also they got better survivality than turtles (cuz of buffs, armors, etc.)
-Pokos, same as people said above, add some good buffs.

2. -As for tank, DW, a.k.a. never die, is the best class for tank, it would be nice to have some stuns, more dmg or things like that like SK, but i think its the price of being immortal right?
-Sk, are great too, more dps class so it can hold Aggro very easily
-Ultis & Cheff can do the tank job, but are limited, with taunt skill, they just can taunt 1 target at time. They can't hold the aggro of a group of mobs (Cheffs can but needs high upgrades), so they are just recommended for tank bosses, unless they go KidBuu and destroy everything xP

...it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 08:02:55 AM »

Offline Darkclox

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Hollow
  • I am a: Dende Priest
AoE Beasts:

Turtle
Plasma Majin (holy crowd control)
Cranes (well you gotta use 'em right, you can stack a lot of bleed in bosses and mobs without getting aggro!)
Ultimate Majin (spin was godly idk what the mods are going to do with it)

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 08:08:14 PM »
    • View Profile
Good to hear about the lower level cap at launch,will give me a chance to try the classes i think that i will enjoy.

One thing is to read about it or even watch gameplay videos but another one is to be playing the game,cant wait to login and start my journey.
Was wondering,do events like "dungeons & raids" exist in DBO? And if so do they require like the commonly used holy trinity set up (Tank,healer,3 dps)?

Been playing STO for some time now but the lack of being able to raid or run dungeon like encounters has seriously put me off from playing,so i would love to see this in the game.

Ok now for crafting,in every mmo i played i really got into it unless it really sucked...yeah STO im looking at you  >:D  ....hard to believe that like 12 years ago a game like SWG came out with one of the best crafting systems EVER and now in 2015 we have to put up with some really crappy crafting systems being implemented in mmos.
So ive been looking for a guide on crafting and really havent found anything,just that there are like 3 schools of it (foods,scouters and weapons if i remember correctly) so is crafting just based on drops from mobs or can you actually fly around and farm materials like in WoW for example?
Always loved to listen to some tunes while flying around and farming a map for materials,sure wish we can do that in DBOR,any of you got a link where i could read on how the crafting system works?

Well thats about it for now,really apreciate the feedback.
Cheers from sunny Spain :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:12:32 PM by Blastnugget »

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »

Offline Denca

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
Well for that dungeon and raid part yeah sortof there are dungeons that you do theres one in start zones that u go to around level 5-10 not exactly sure and for raids i guess you can consider using the time machine with trunks as a raid anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
There are three types of Dungeons avaliable for DBOR.

RP Dungeons - Just a giant amount of xp.
Ultimate Dungeons - Face off against villians from db, dbz.
and Time Machine Quests - Basically the game's story happens here.

There is also another dungeon Exclusively players over 55,
Capsule Corp Battle Dungeon(CCBD), this is a babadi's space ship type dungeon, complete a floor go onto the next.

All these require you to be in a party, there is no size requirement.

more information is avaliable on the home page of the site.
https://dborevelations.com/home/playervsmob.html

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:21 PM »

Offline AshUchiha

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Yo
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

P.S: Can any of the classes/races be compared to the ones in WoW,Swtor,etc,etc..?¿ Just wondering,since i played a lot of mmos a comparison like X class in DBO plays like a Warlock in WoW etc,etc.

I'm sorry if I am repeating , but I really find a lack of Fighter and Swordsman. They both rock in PVE as well as PVP. Though Fighter is great in PVE and PVP both (at level 70 cap, due to their speed), Speed fighter's(at level 70 cap In DBO) , was so strong and effective in PVE you won't believe. They were perfect for 1 vs 1 Boss fight. Their skill damage was also good, Swordsmaster can be taken as Hack and Slash type class. Very strong, resembles Trunks , and have burning attack ( :3 ) but it's not very strong. They are physical classes good in 1 vs 1 , you can call them as Assassin type class (Though most of the people would disagree with me).  If you want to compare Fighter and SM with other MMO.

Take Dragon Nest for example, I bet you heard of it or maybe you have played it. In that Ripper class can be considered as Swordmaster and Raven can be considered as Fighter.

And about at which level you will start to see your master class potential, well... you can say maximum at 50 , minimum at 40 .

Hope this helped ;)
"It's not who you are, it's what you do that define's you"

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 11:43:46 PM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
Well you have been told what you needed already but I'm going to reiterate it anyway.

Strong AoEs: Turtle, Plasma.
More single target oriented: Poko and Karma (with the last one having some AoE skills too, but you would choose only a few of them if you were to go full PvE)

And yeah just to get the idea across, think of a Dark Warrior as a tank, and of a Shadow Knight as a bruiser.

As for the crafting system, make sure to check this guide made by Nady93.

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 11:53:33 PM »
    • View Profile
There are three types of Dungeons avaliable for DBOR.

RP Dungeons - Just a giant amount of xp.
Ultimate Dungeons - Face off against villians from db, dbz.
and Time Machine Quests - Basically the game's story happens here.

There is also another dungeon Exclusively players over 55,
Capsule Corp Battle Dungeon(CCBD), this is a babadi's space ship type dungeon, complete a floor go onto the next.

All these require you to be in a party, there is no size requirement.

more information is avaliable on the home page of the site.
https://dborevelations.com/home/playervsmob.html

Thanks chief for the info and the link :)

I'm sorry if I am repeating , but I really find a lack of Fighter and Swordsman. They both rock in PVE as well as PVP. Though Fighter is great in PVE and PVP both (at level 70 cap, due to their speed), Speed fighter's(at level 70 cap In DBO) , was so strong and effective in PVE you won't believe. They were perfect for 1 vs 1 Boss fight. Their skill damage was also good, Swordsmaster can be taken as Hack and Slash type class. Very strong, resembles Trunks , and have burning attack ( :3 ) but it's not very strong. They are physical classes good in 1 vs 1 , you can call them as Assassin type class (Though most of the people would disagree with me).  If you want to compare Fighter and SM with other MMO.

Take Dragon Nest for example, I bet you heard of it or maybe you have played it. In that Ripper class can be considered as Swordmaster and Raven can be considered as Fighter.

And about at which level you will start to see your master class potential, well... you can say maximum at 50 , minimum at 40 .

Hope this helped ;)

Thanks for the info,not much of a melee player...well back in the day i was a mean SF II player,nobody could beat me when i used Ryu or the way underrated Blanca hehe,but i might give melee a try in this game.

Well you have been told what you needed already but I'm going to reiterate it anyway.

Strong AoEs: Turtle, Plasma.
More single target oriented: Poko and Karma (with the last one having some AoE skills too, but you would choose only a few of them if you were to go full PvE)

And yeah just to get the idea across, think of a Dark Warrior as a tank, and of a Shadow Knight as a bruiser.

As for the crafting system, make sure to check this guide made by Nady93.

Yeah i think i already know which class ill be playing but once i get into the game who knows,might feel more confortable with another class i didnt even consider in the beginning.

P.S:I already found that website from the link you gave me when i was doing my search for info on DBO but i always get this:

The site is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Not sure if the site is down permanently or its just a temporal thing *shrug*

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 12:20:53 AM »

Offline AshUchiha

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Yo
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
When do you encounter such problems...?
"It's not who you are, it's what you do that define's you"

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 12:24:35 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
When do you encounter such problems...?

This is apparently a common problem for people connecting to dbocom.com.
I'm not entirely sure if it's region specific.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 12:41:25 AM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
@Blastnugget Be patient and keep refreshing the page, it will show up evetually ^^
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:04:35 AM by Casey »

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:50 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

It depends on whether or not you prefer PvE or PvP I think.  If you're thinking more PvE, Turtle Hermit works great, as does Plasma Majin, or Poko Priest.  Turtle Hermit has greater PvE damage, while Plasma Majin has more skills to mess around with the opponent as well as good PvE damage.  There's also Poko Priest with summons, healing, and decent PvE damage, so that's another good one.

In terms of PvP, Karma Majin is another great contender, with great KD potential, high firepower, and once again fun skills to mess people with.  There's Crane Hermit, but he focuses more on DOT, which I'm pretty sure you said you don't want.  Dende Priest is also good, but he has fewer damage moves, and focuses more on being something no one can ever seem to kill, but he still has some good energy blasts up his sleeve.

2. Shadow Knight and Dragon Warrior are both able tanks, though Shadow Knight is more PvP focused while Dragon Warrior is more PvE focused.  There's also Ultimate Majin, with countless buffs, and Chef Majin, with fewer but still many buffs and better PvP skills.  Honestly Dende and Poko Priests can go here too, as while they don't have as great defenses, they have insane healing (especially Dende).

In the end though, just pick what you like bro! 8)

Oh god you're such a noob. We can all tell you never played the game because you said "Dragon Warrior" and not "Dark Warrior".

Nah, jk Shyrubro. You actually know more about the game than me... and I did play it. xD
MarineCorps

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 12:55:29 AM »
    • View Profile
@BlastnuggetBe patient and keep refreshing the page, it will show up evetually ^^

Roger that,thanks for the heads up :)