[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Rework the Transformation System  (Read 5824 times)

Rework the Transformation System
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:05:34 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Note: This is not, I repeat, NOT an "add more transformations" thread. This is a thread about reworking the existing transformations. Now down to business.

Now since there haven't been any thoughts about how the transformations will be balanced (believe me I asked) I figured I would throw my two cents here. First off is achieving the forms. In the vanilla game we got them via wishing at lv. 40 right? Well my thought is keep it that way, but make it to where they aren't available (as in not being pick or viewable regardless of level) until you complete a certain quest at a certain level. I mean it would make a hell of a lot more sense right? That way your character actually LEARNS about how to get the form instead of it popping up on the wish list.

Now for the forms. It always annoyed the hell out of me that the forms (in terms of attack power anyway) were weaker than Kaio-Ken. My thought is that to fix this we do what they did to Kaio-Ken: give the skills SP. That way you can not only boost the effects of the transformation, but also decrease the drain like KoK (or in Great Nameks case increase the time limit slightly). This way, you'll also have to invest SP into your form in order to get the best out of it. If you want to use your transformation, put SP into it. If not, put SP into KoK or not at all. This also gives the player more creative control over their character. Not only that, but it allows physical-based classes (like Mighty Majins or Martial Artists) to actually MAINTAIN the form without much problems.

So...thoughts and comments?

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 02:14:31 AM »

Offline Takaroku

• Shenron
  • Honor: 66 / 5
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul Site
  • RagingSoul Leader
  • I am a: Human
I would like for the transformation to be more sustainable and more power but maybe we cant have these things is because we have such low saiyan blood
✮My Soul is Raging...Is Yours?✮

Sig Credit to xskysaix

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I would like for the transformation to be more sustainable and more power but maybe we cant have these things is because we have such low saiyan blood
That's where adding SP comes in, and I wasn't just talking about SSJ. Pure Majin, as far as I know, is also weaker than KoK in terms of attack boost.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 02:27:53 AM »

Offline Grampa

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Ασχολήθηκες να το μεταφράσεις;πρόβλημα σου!
Now since there haven't been any thoughts about how the transformations will be balanced (believe me I asked) I figured I would throw my two cents here.
I dont know what you say but i saw those 2 cents and picked them up,finders keepers!  :P

I see alot of good ideas about changes guys,but i dont see the game on.
I know that this just brings the hype on and on but i would suggest for all of us(hyped) not to ask for big changes until we got the basics...
 Im sure that the game will be total changed as the last time we know it,otherwise there wouldnt be taking to long to be out,or better they would just say that it would go on at a time that they we where ready,but they change things all the time.
 Now im not sure about timings,cause i dont know what they got in hands,but i know if they had the server/emulaton files the game is ready,which this is what i have in my mind...and they change things calculating lvls and powers till the cap,so its big work for sort time....

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:41:16 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say
adding SP to SSJ would be cool

3 SP in SSJ would = SSJ pot

5 SP in SSJ would = SSJ Pot no 30 min timer

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:45:41 AM by Adrian On Fire »

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 04:39:32 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
No. The SP wouldn't make SSJ like the pot. It would be close, but not quite there. Adding SP would only increase the stats that you gain from the form and decrease drain. It wouldn't effect other stats the transformation doesn't grant you (outside of pot anyway) and CD would be unaffected. Also, the limit would be 3 SP like Kaio-Ken.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 04:52:38 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
All i say is: Never change a running system!!!!

Transformations were already fine....they don't need a change or something new etc. It's just fine!
Only GN needs a little change: duration of GN mode should be raised up a bit ...instead of 10 mins maybe 15-20 mins....

But the rest was just fine.
That way your character actually LEARNS about how to get the form instead of it popping up on the wish list.

The problem with this is just the story of DBO....The Saiyan blood is almost gone in dbo...Humans just have a little bit of it in themselves. That's why they can't go ssj by their own. They have to wish from Shenron to unlock that hidden power. This means they can't learn it by themselves.

And i know some ppl who read this will say "oh nooo not that blood shit again"...but guys...That's the Story....
*click for original size*

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 04:58:31 AM »

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
I think it shoul be learn/whish but it would be on the skills of the sit, joke, smile, sad... etc a-must and on a square like the bag

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 05:10:38 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
The problem with this is just the story of DBO....The Saiyan blood is almost gone in dbo...Humans just have a little bit of it in themselves. That's why they can't go ssj by their own. They have to wish from Shenron to unlock that hidden power. This means they can't learn it by themselves.

And i know some ppl who read this will say "oh nooo not that blood shit again"...but guys...That's the Story....
I'm well aware of the blood situation, but that's not what I meant when I said "learn." By "learn" I meant learn of its existence and the way to achieve it. In other words, gaining knowledge of the transformation. The same can be said for Great Namek and Pure Majin.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 05:13:16 AM »
    • View Profile
lol.....but in the times of DBO everyone already knows everything about Transformation...they know that there were ssj, great namek and pure majin....they already know that those transformations existed once and still exist....

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 05:15:25 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
lol.....but in the times of DBO everyone already knows everything about Transformation...they know that there were ssj, great namek and pure majin....they already know that those transformations existed once and still exist....
Well this knowledge could not apply to the player character since they're not from the same timeline.

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 05:45:50 AM »

Offline guzz

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
I agree with the SP shit

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 05:48:48 AM »

Offline Sky

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Ruler of the Divines and ya Step Mom
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
instead of that whole blood stuff i mean it could be like a tlq you know u get them at 3,9, and 15 maybe it could be something that goku helps us with idk something and that SP thing is legit tho...
A Cool Guy Like Me   Deserves A Cool Sig

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Why is everyone just thinking of Super Saiyan when I'm referring to all three transformations?

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian

Point me to where that is in the story, then.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 06:11:20 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
Why is everyone just thinking of Super Saiyan when I'm referring to all three transformations?
Cause they are all racist basterds! >:(
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 06:14:28 AM »

Offline Nemesis

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 6
    • View Profile
  • "The fans are the biggest reason we do what we do"
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
but there no was a thread about it or i'm wrong?
however yes they must rework to all three transfors because for namekian the duration of great namek is 10 mini think they must increase

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 06:15:10 AM »

Offline kami97

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 2
    • View Profile
  • parkour > life
  • I am a: Poko Priest
That's the real question
If something need to be changed than that should be great namek not the ssj

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 06:43:25 AM »
    • View Profile

well because the most ppl play dbo just for ssj....they don't give a damn about other transformations... and as kami97 and i said...the only Transformation which needs a little change is GN. SSJ and Pure Majin are 100% alright!

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
well because the most ppl play dbo just for ssj....they don't give a damn about other transformations... and as kami97 and i said...the only Transformation which needs a little change is GN. SSJ and Pure Majin are 100% alright!
Not really. It's a problem when the Martial Artist and Mighty Majin classes can't hold the form. It's also a problem when KoK outpowers these forms. >.>

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 07:15:29 AM »

Offline Takaroku

• Shenron
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul Site
  • RagingSoul Leader
Not really. It's a problem when the Martial Artist and Mighty Majin classes can't hold the form. It's also a problem when KoK outpowers these forms. >.>
Maybe so the forms won't last forever, the forms probably shouldn't be maintained without ep reg gear or something. The game is not just about transformations, that's probably why most of them are easy to maintain. Also, maybe another reason is because they are offsprings and they have a harder time maintaining the transformation then their bloodline or something...

Sig Credit to xskysaix

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say

mighty majins had np holding kid buu

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 07:19:37 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
Why should transformations be reworked?
They are all specific in their own way, and in old DBO kaio-ken was more used because it added more attack speed, but since in DBOR speed will be capped ssj will be used more since it give you more dodge and other stats.
Kid buu was specific on its own way, it give you super strong skills with very low cd, its great for killing mobs or even enemies in party.
GN also gave you super strong aoe skills and it give you alot HP and defance.
Now there are some minor problems but it shouldn`t be reworked

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 07:21:25 AM »

Offline Takaroku

• Shenron
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul Site
  • RagingSoul Leader
They are all specific in their own way, and in old DBO kaio-ken was more used because it added more attack speed, but since in DBOR speed will be capped ssj will be used more since it give you more dodge and other stats.
Kid buu was specific on its own way, it give you super strong skills with very low cd, its great for killing mobs or even enemies in party.

Why cant we just accept this ^ and leave it at that

Sig Credit to xskysaix

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 07:23:20 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
It's true that they don't have much problems, but that doesn't mean they can be improved like any other skill.