[December 08, 2017, 09:42:37 AM]

Dragon Ball Super by LordWilhelmIV
[December 03, 2017, 08:56:34 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Today at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • Yesterday at 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • Yesterday at 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:

Topic: Do you think the Z fighters will stay relevant as DBS progresses?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Amune

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am real super sand lesbian!
  • I am a: Great Namek
Just wondering, because obviously as Z progressed, everyone but the Saiyans became irrelevant. It saddens me because my favorite characters are some of the weaker Z fighters, and I don't want them to get fazed out of Super.

Do you think the Z fighters will stay relevant as DBS progresses?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I can even tame lightning!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Akira has a plan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 03:23:19 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I'm a bit curious about this myself, especially given how Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and even Kame'senin seem to have a greater role in Fukkatsu no F.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:44:56 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
I want Piccolo to be strong again..  :-\
Krillin could also use a upgrade.

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I don't actually care about how strong the characters are. I don't really care if they're relevant in terms of fighting. On the contrary, I'd like to see the series focus more on comedy and keep non-combatant characters relevant.

I want Piccolo to be strong again..  :-\

You know, I used to be bent out of shape over this too, but in hindsight, I've realized that it wasn't a bad thing. I like that Piccolo mellowed out over the years and I enjoyed him being a straight man in the Boo arc's comedy routine. Honestly, the thing I want the most out of Piccolo is some father-granddaughter bonding time between him and Pan, since it's obvious Goku won't care about her. Pan in Piccolo's outfit? Please?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 03:23:59 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I'm a bit curious about this myself, especially given how Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and even Kame'senin seem to have a greater role in Fukkatsu no F.

I do want to see other characters develop too! Even Gohan was kindda useless after being the hero in the Cell saga...
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I can even tame lightning!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
He was doing what he wanted to do in life you can't attack Gohan for that.Maybe Chi-Chi but not Gohan.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 04:38:26 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I do want to see other characters develop too! Even Gohan was kindda useless after being the hero in the Cell saga...
That's the reason I love the Androids Saga/Cell Saga because I felt everyone was involved. All the Z fighters had a good role in the plot. It was also the first and only time someone other than Goku killed or defeated the main villian.

Saiyan Saga had everyone involved but the saga itself felt kinda short.

Frieza Saga had half the main fighters dead. Piccolo, Tien, Chaozu, and Yamcha were dead, so all they did was train with King Kai and eventually fight the Ginyu Force later in the saga. It did have its epic moments though.

Buu Saga had the others involved, but it was too focused on power ups and fusions. This made the power up aspect of the Buu Saga seem pretty redundant. Goten and Trunks going Super Saiyan so young made Super Saiyan 1 seem easy to come by. Many of the Z fighters were powerless against the antagonist, Buu. Even Piccolo was outclassed in the Buu Saga. The only thing he did was train Goten and Trunks do fusion. The saiyans were the only ones who could commit any severe damage to the enemy.

I hope everyone has a role in the series, although I do have a feeling Toriyama is going to do just that with Dragon Ball Super. He has grown in his profession, so maybe he can make Super have a better plot for the Z fighters as a whole than Z. That's excluding the nostalgia of Z of course.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:52:13 AM by SSJGGoku »

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 04:43:18 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I hope everyone has a role in the series, although I do have a feeling Toriyama is going to do just that with Dragon Ball Super. He has grown in his profession, so maybe he can make Super have a better plot for the Z fighters as a whole than Z. That's excluding the nostalgia of Z of course.

I hope this too. Consider most of Dragon Ball was improvised while DBS must've been planned from a long time ago. I have high expectations of it.

He was doing what he wanted to do in life you can't attack Gohan for that.Maybe Chi-Chi but not Gohan.

I know he acomplished his dreams and everything. But I wanted him to be the hero damn it!
MarineCorps

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 04:45:01 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
You know, I used to be bent out of shape over this too, but in hindsight, I've realized that it wasn't a bad thing. I like that Piccolo mellowed out over the years and I enjoyed him being a straight man in the Boo arc's comedy routine. Honestly, the thing I want the most out of Piccolo is some father-granddaughter bonding time between him and Pan, since it's obvious Goku won't care about her.
Yeah I like that he's been a father or grandfather towards the younger characters, but I just want to see Piccolo kick some popo again. He was like the Batman of Dragon Ball.  :'(

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 04:51:00 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Yeah I like that he's been a father or grandfather towards the younger characters, but I just want to see Piccolo kick some popo again. He was like the Batman of Dragon Ball.  :'(

Sorry, had to do it.
MarineCorps

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 05:31:49 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus

I wouldn't say he was the Batman of Dragon Ball and I think the only thing they have in common is having a sidekick and being the "smart guy" on the team. There aren't really any cape characters I can think of who remind me of the guy. He's way too shounen, especially in terms of his redemption arc and everything.
But if he was a comic book character, he'd get a lot of flack for his hilariously convoluted background.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 05:46:56 AM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I wouldn't say he was the Batman of Dragon Ball and I think the only thing they have in common is having a sidekick and being the "smart guy" on the team. There aren't really any cape characters I can think of who remind me of the guy. He's way too shounen, especially in terms of his redemption arc and everything.
But if he was a comic book character, he'd get a lot of flack for his hilariously convoluted background.
Yeah, but I just feel like if anyone on Dragon Ball was Batman it would be him. I think it's because he usually appears out of nowhere in the movies. Piccolo's deep voice also helped.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 06:28:41 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
Yeah of course, they are still main characters.
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »

Offline Mindless

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
With the new blue-hair-trans, Goku and Vegeta are on a even further power level. In my opinion Akira should implement a boost for the other chars. I mean, if Piccolo could do that fusion with Nail and Kami, maybe add some other kind of trans. Same with Krillin and co., as Master Roshi can bulge his muscles to that stage he show in DragonBall and the new movie too, then he could add a feature for humans and not let them the way they are just because of their race. I mean they managed to get an extra strength + be able to sense and control aura. Seeing them scared, useless, weak honestly bored me.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »

Offline Hawk

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • War is but a means to an end.
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
akira could make magic potion which make krillin super op
My future is but a reflection of my past

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
With the new blue-hair-trans, Goku and Vegeta are on a even further power level. In my opinion Akira should implement a boost for the other chars. I mean, if Piccolo could do that fusion with Nail and Kami, maybe add some other kind of trans. Same with Krillin and co., as Master Roshi can bulge his muscles to that stage he show in DragonBall and the new movie too, then he could add a feature for humans and not let them the way they are just because of their race. I mean they managed to get an extra strength + be able to sense and control aura. Seeing them scared, useless, weak honestly bored me.

Or alternatively, they don't need to be anywhere near that level of strength. Just hand the characters evenly matched fights against "mini-boss" type characters, like what the Ginyus were to Freeza. (in contrast to the mooks from FnF) They don't need to keep up strength wise to stay relevant, even if it's something the original series ignores.