[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: What is your favorite cartoon character?  (Read 6776 times)

What is your favorite cartoon character?
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
  • I am a: Majin
What's your favorite cartoon character? Add as much as you like. Wish I could post my favorite if I weren't on a tablet.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:46:16 AM »

Offline Amune

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am real super sand lesbian!
  • I am a: Great Namek

I loved his character progression throughout the show, and how he grew to be just like the uncle he despised. Pai Sho ftw.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:48:29 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee

I loved his character progression throughout the show, and how he grew to be just like the uncle he despised. Pai Sho ftw.
Dude, with a choice like that, you're a god.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
    • View Profile

Can't beat the classic!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:52:50 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee

Can't beat the classic!
Aww man, guess it's too late to add Bugs to my list :P

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »
    • View Profile
Aww man, guess it's too late to add Bugs to my list :P

Sorry, Bugs has been a favorite of mine for years.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Sorry, Bugs has been a favorite of mine for years.
Who doesn't love Bugs? Lol

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 10:07:48 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
This fellow was pretty fun to watch:

Too bad he didn't have his own show.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
Stuck between Jack Atlas from Yugioh 5D's and Axel Blaze from Inazuma Eleven.

Out of the three "Kaibas" of Yugioh (Kaiba, Chaz, Atlas), Atlas is my favorite.  He has the same self-obsessed arrogant attitude, but he's developed much further than Kaiba is.  He's very selfish yet admits it as a fault, which I like.  Also, he's just a boss. 8)

If Wolverine had another child, this might just be that child.  I never thought I'd be impressed how boss a MIDDLE SCHOOLER could be.  He's always in control of the situation, even when angered, strong and intelligent, with some of the coolest shoots of Inzauma Eleven.  Not to mention his entrances are so boss I can't help but burst out laughing.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
This fellow was pretty fun to watch:

Too bad he didn't have his own show.
He was my favorite in the Looney Tunes.

Stuck between Jack Atlas from Yugioh 5D's and Axel Blaze from Inazuma Eleven.

Out of the three "Kaibas" of Yugioh (Kaiba, Chaz, Atlas), Atlas is my favorite.  He has the same self-obsessed arrogant attitude, but he's developed much further than Kaiba is.  He's very selfish yet admits it as a fault, which I like.  Also, he's just a boss. 8)

If Wolverine had another child, this might just be that child.  I never thought I'd be impressed how boss a MIDDLE SCHOOLER could be.  He's always in control of the situation, even when angered, strong and intelligent, with some of the coolest shoots of Inzauma Eleven.  Not to mention his entrances are so boss I can't help but burst out laughing.
Anime counts?

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee

These two.

Everybody's bro.

Ducks rule.

These three.

Outrageous.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:54 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
Anime counts?

Let's not get into another debate about the differences between anime and cartoons :P

Both were shows, despite being originated in Japan, were both clearly aimed towards children, so I consider them cartoons.

We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Oh yeah forgot all of these people:

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:21 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Gonna divide this up a bit, and exclude characters adapted from other mediums.

Spoiler for Shego:

Shego is probably my favorite character from a wholly original production. She has a well-developed personality and background and feels quite unique for a "femme fatale" character. Her design is slick and even though she's a villain, it's hard not to find her likable.

Spoiler for Arcee (TFP):

Transformers Prime's incarnation of Arcee is probably my favorite rebooted/reimagined character. She's arguably the most developed character in the show (though I'll give props to the series incarnation of Megatron, his character doesn't take full shape unless you keep up with supplemental materials to realize that the series is basically his descent into darkness and he's on drugs/possessed for the majority of it) PTSD, trust issues, and all around terrible luck contribute to a much darker incarnation of her than I ever anticipated, and that definitely wasn't a bad thing. She had a lot of depth and I'm damn glad the series did what it did with her.

Spoiler for Razer:

Razer from Green Lantern: The Animated Series is my favorite character that was created for a cartoon adaptation of a pre-existing franchise. He seems like stereotypical edgy fangirl bait on the surface, but he definitely wasn't a book to be judged by his cover, considering he's much older than he looks and the death of his wife and planet are what mostly provide his rage-based powers. He also the best romantic subplot I've seen in a long time in animation, since the romance was used to springboard his character development and better flesh him out. Definitely a character I want to see incorporated into comic continuity like Harley Quinn was.

Spoiler for AKU:

And a quick honorable mention to THE SHAPESHIFTING MASTA OF DARKNESS. I can't really give him any sort of top billing because he's not a well-developed character, but by God, if he isn't one of the most entertaining antagonists in a cartoon. Being voiced by Mako probably helped a lot in this department.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 11:00:58 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm Mystic Vegito! Hit me with your best shot!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Azula because I loved seeing her be the prodigy.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 11:05:13 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Gonna divide this up a bit, and exclude characters adapted from other mediums.

Spoiler for Shego:

Shego is probably my favorite character from a wholly original production. She has a well-developed personality and background and feels quite unique for a "femme fatale" character. Her design is slick and even though she's a villain, it's hard not to find her likable.

Spoiler for Arcee (TFP):

Transformers Prime's incarnation of Arcee is probably my favorite rebooted/reimagined character. She's arguably the most developed character in the show (though I'll give props to the series incarnation of Megatron, his character doesn't take full shape unless you keep up with supplemental materials to realize that the series is basically his descent into darkness and he's on drugs/possessed for the majority of it) PTSD, trust issues, and all around terrible luck contribute to a much darker incarnation of her than I ever anticipated, and that definitely wasn't a bad thing. She had a lot of depth and I'm damn glad the series did what it did with her.

Spoiler for Razer:

Razer from Green Lantern: The Animated Series is my favorite character that was created for a cartoon adaptation of a pre-existing franchise. He seems like stereotypical edgy fangirl bait on the surface, but he definitely wasn't a book to be judged by his cover, considering he's much older than he looks and the death of his wife and planet are what mostly provide his rage-based powers. He also the best romantic subplot I've seen in a long time in animation, since the romance was used to springboard his character development and better flesh him out. Definitely a character I want to see incorporated into comic continuity like Harley Quinn was.

Spoiler for AKU:

And a quick honorable mention to THE SHAPESHIFTING MASTA OF DARKNESS. I can't really give him any sort of top billing because he's not a well-developed character, but by God, if he isn't one of the most entertaining antagonists in a cartoon. Being voiced by Mako probably helped a lot in this department.
Kiyza has great taste. Seriously, that Green Lantern subplot was maybe the whole reason why I stick to the show.

Azula because I loved seeing her be the prodigy.

Vegito has great taste....but....those eyes 0-0

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 11:05:56 AM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab

Interesting and great leader

How can you not like these two
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
HALF of the posts on here revolve around characters from cancelled or ended cartoons. A shame that all these good shows had to be replaced by new crap like Sanjay and Craig....

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 11:27:55 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

Danny Phantom is perhaps my favorite show to ever air on Nickelodeon. He also really reminds me of Spider-Man. Kiyza knows what I mean.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee

Danny Phantom is perhaps my favorite show to ever air on Nickelodeon. He also really reminds me of Spider-Man. Kiyza knows what I mean.
I see the similarities between Spider-Man and Danny Phantom, but Peter is much older than him :/

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Currently can't think of others, but i watched this alot when i was young

EDIT: Damn it blazing!
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 11:44:32 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
Currently can't think of others, but i watched this alot when i was young

EDIT: Damn it blazing!
Am I the only person in the world who likes Danny better as a human? 0.0

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
HALF of the posts on here revolve around characters from cancelled or ended cartoons. A shame that all these good shows had to be replaced by new crap like Sanjay and Craig....

Cartoons ending is not a bad thing. Most cartoons tend to turn to garbage by around the fourth season at best, and the only notable exception I can think of off the top of my head is the DCAU. Half of the favorite characters I listed off were from canceled shows (GL: TAS, Samurai Jack) and the other two were from series that ran their course (Kim Possible, Transformers Prime). Kim Possible got a ton of seasons and Transformers Prime got a solid three seasons and a made-for-TV movie on top of a lighter toned sequel series that's currently airing. Avatar, likewise, ran its course and concluded, and Kids Next Door and Courage the Cowardly Dog may get a revival in the near future.

As for the recent decline in the quality of animation, that's primarily because of issues with the current channels that air cartoons. Stu Snyder's dark reign at Cartoon Network was infamous for its atrocious cartoons and a general move away from cartoons with stuff like CN Real to try steal viewership from Nickelodeon and Disney, which focused partially on live-action programming. Nickelodeon cartoons generally have low ratings compared to their cash cow, Spongebob.

There's also an issue with a lot of cartoons being increasingly dependent on toy sales to offset the large budget for them. This is the primary reason that Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice got canned while Teen Titans Go! survives -- Go! is cheap to make while action cartoons tend to be very expensive from a production standpoint. That's why most action cartoons generally heavy emphasis on things that sell toys (ex. Ben 10), or are based on toylines themselves (ex. Transformers). Of course, when it comes to toys based on cape cartoons in particular, they're largely out-competed by toys based on the cape comics those toys are derived from. Why would you buy a shoddy-looking figure of Hal Jordan with four points of articulation when you could have a comic-based one that looks way better and (if you're a kid) would doubtless be more fun to play with? (it should be noted that most of DC's action figures are actually meant to be for adult collectors in the first place, and probably make up the majority of sales) Even Green Lantern movie figures on clearance looked nicer.

Basically, due to the current position of networks, a general loss of ratings for channels like Nickelodeon, and the increasing lack of creator-driven series that I haven't even talked about, American cartoons are basically on one big downward spiral. Even anime is increasingly falling victim to merchandising being a large focus in production.

Danny probably has more in common with Nova (Richard Rider) and Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) than he does with Peter. His life doesn't suck enough to remind me very strongly of Spider-man.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Just try and get on my level. I dare you.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Danny naughtyword pisses me off for some reason