interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • Today at 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • Yesterday at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Yesterday at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Yesterday at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]

Topic: Sony's strategy paper  (Read 1443 times)

Sony's strategy paper
« on: May 28, 2015, 03:27:20 AM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 3
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
  • I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
  • I am a: Poko Priest
It's downloadable on Sony's page. Did anyone read it yet?

They mentioned the vita twice and not even once was that game releated. Made me laugh pretty hard since this forum harbors some fanboys that claim the vita is not dead weight.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:31:27 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of how much fun I'm having with the game I bought on the last Flash Sale for the system.

You keep calling it dead weight. I do not believe that word means what you think it means.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Just try and get on my level. I dare you.
I don't really understand this, Evan. Why is it "dead weight"? :O

Its the only other portable current gen system besides the 3ds. On the subject of 3ds, the vita has: a MUCH better screen(resolution, color, size, etc), better hardware (meaning better graphics on games), exponentially better ergonomics (srsly I can't play my 3ds for more than 20 min without my hands starting to hurt; and, as you all know, I have quite small hands =^-^=), and tons of awesome games currently available (if not exclusive) on the system.

Why all the hate, srsly? I mean, personally I've always preferred Nintendo systems over Sony, but I calls it as I sees it. Don't get me wrong, the 3ds has a ton of great games too, perhaps moreso than the vita, but that doesn't change the fact that the vita's library of quality titles is FAR from nonexistant.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
There's also this:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/27/sony-clarifies-legacy-platform-statement-our-portable-business-will-be-continued/

Which is to say they're basically discontinuing support for the original model of the Vita, not the platform entirely.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »

Offline Morrison

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 0
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Still a long way to go~♪
  • I am a: Human
Well, I can see where Evangelion is coming from/why a lot of People seem to think the Vita blows. If you check the sales of the Vita and/or its Games, it's clear that it's not even close to the 3DS' Sales, so a lot of people will treat it as the 2nd Place Handheld. Since there is NO other Handheld around, besides the Vita and the 3DS, it automatically becomes the "loser". And when it comes to these Console "Wars" people tend to side with the "Winner", which is the 3DS.
It's also clear that it's going WAY better in Japan than in NA and/or Europe, so it will most certainly treated as the "loser" here.

At the end of the day you shouldn't worry/care about others Opinions about your favorite Game/Handheld/Console. It can be hard sometimes, because you REALLY like something, but you'll just have to accept the fact that no one's sharing the same Opinion and/or hate a Game/Console/Handheld/whatever for (in your eyes) silly reasons.
Make your own experiences with it and decide for yourself. I for example, do not like the Wii U and especially not the way Nintendo's treating Jump 'n Runs at the moment nor Dragon Ball Xenoverse, but that shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying the heck out of these Consoles and or Games.

Just once again, my 2 Cents on this.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »
    • View Profile
Well, I can see where Evangelion is coming from/why a lot of People seem to think the Vita blows. If you check the sales of the Vita and/or its Games, it's clear that it's not even close to the 3DS' Sales, so a lot of people will treat it as the 2nd Place Handheld. Since there is NO other Handheld around, besides the Vita and the 3DS, it automatically becomes the "loser".

I don't get this though. By that logic the Wii should've been considered the "winner" early on in last gen's console wars. If I remember correctly, despite the sales, the Wii was considered the worst of the 3 for quite some time due to the ultra-casual and simplistic nature of its games.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I don't get this though. By that logic the Wii should've been considered the "winner" early on in last gen's console wars. If I remember correctly, despite the sales, the Wii was considered the worst of the 3 for quite some time due to the ultra-casual and simplistic nature of its games.
It actually was the winner for a long while . Remember when it was hard to get a Wii? And the PS3 and Xbox 360 were easily found on the shelves lol

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 10:48:21 AM »
    • View Profile
It actually was the winner for a long while . Remember when it was hard to get a Wii? And the PS3 and Xbox 360 were easily found on the shelves lol

Maybe a "winner" among soccer moms xD.

Srsly dude, the wii was considered a joke back then (and still is by some folks)

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 10:50:18 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Yeah you must have no recollection of when the Wii was released bro .
It actuall was very fun at first .

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 10:50:36 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Well, I can see where Evangelion is coming from/why a lot of People seem to think the Vita blows. If you check the sales of the Vita and/or its Games, it's clear that it's not even close to the 3DS' Sales, so a lot of people will treat it as the 2nd Place Handheld. Since there is NO other Handheld around, besides the Vita and the 3DS, it automatically becomes the "loser". And when it comes to these Console "Wars" people tend to side with the "Winner", which is the 3DS.
It's also clear that it's going WAY better in Japan than in NA and/or Europe, so it will most certainly treated as the "loser" here.

No argument on that. The Vita has roughly 1/4th the sales of the 3DS (which sounds low, until you keep in mind that the 3DS is very popular).
The thing is, Evangelion has already called it dead simply because they personally don't like it, trying to use personal feelings as fact.
It's obvious the Vita is less popular, but less popular does not equal dead. And as you said, it's well supported in Japan, still.

The Wii was popular at first, and sold more consoles than the PS3... however, the popularity didn't last long as people noticed it relied nearly entirely on a single gimmick that was barely utilized. The system sold, sure... but in the end, the games didn't have nearly as much attention. Even now, Nintendo seems to have abandoned the Wii, while the PS3, despite it's aged hardware, is still getting quite a bit of attention.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 10:52:46 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
No argument on that. The Vita has roughly 1/4th the sales of the 3DS (which sounds low, until you keep in mind that the 3DS is very popular).
The thing is, Evangelion has already called it dead simply because they personally don't like it, trying to use personal feelings as fact.
It's obvious the Vita is less popular, but less popular does not equal dead. And as you said, it's well supported in Japan, still.

The Wii was popular at first, and sold more consoles than the PS3... however, the popularity didn't last long as people noticed it relied nearly entirely on a single gimmick that was barely utilized. The system sold, sure... but in the end, the games didn't have nearly as much attention. Even now, Nintendo seems to have abandoned the Wii, while the PS3, despite it's aged hardware, is still getting quite a bit of attention.

*some attention (to my utter dismay)

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
*some attention (to my utter dismay)

The PS3 has some upcoming titles that are nothing to sneeze at.
Granted, I believe these to be primarily multiplat releases and not exclusives, but it's still quite a bit.

Some of them I'm downright surprised by (particularly Dragon's Dogma Online, which is crossplatform with PS4 and PC... as in PS3 users will be playing with PS4 and PC users).

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 10:58:24 AM »
    • View Profile
The Wii was popular at first, and sold more consoles than the PS3...

The ps3 was a pile of shit when it first released. Don't you remember?

Spoiler for Hidden:

^That's the main reason this video was so funny

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline Morrison

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Different times. May sound like a cheap excuse, but the Brain of the Customer clicked. People bought the Wii, played Wii Sports, realized that the Controls aren't really accurate and that it's just a gimmick and moved on.
When PS3, X360 came out, HD boomed everywhere. All that was important was HD. The Wii however, being nothing more than a powered-up GameCube with Pseudo Motion-Controls, could only deliver 480p, making it the weakest of the bunch. So no HD = No Good.
You MAY HAVE noticed that this HD and Resolution craze isn't over. People want, almost demand, 1080p/60FPS, and that's all that counts at the moment. That's what the current Gen is about for most people. Game only runs in 720p or 900p with only 30FPS? THIS GAME SUCKS! THIS CONSOLE IS WEAK! I DON'T WANT DAT! MOM! BUY ME THE BEST CONSOLE! NAO! =P
PS4 delivers, what the customer wants. Good Games in (usually) the best Resolution and Graphics for a affordable price.
Thanks to horrible Marketing by Nintendo, the WiiU couldn't do sheet this Gen, even though it started like 1 Year ahead of PS4/X1.
Xbox 1 is going HORRIBLE in the east but relatively good in the west, but it's still below the Wii U. Make out of that what you will.

TL;DR: If a Console/Handheld is succsesfull or not, depends on what the customer wants and if the Console/Handheld can deliver that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:06:53 AM by Morrison »

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
The ps3 was a pile of shit when it first released. Don't you remember?

The PS3 had rough sales at first, I know. Never said it didn't.

However, by the end, even though it sold like 20 million fewer consoles, the overall sales were much better for the games.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »
    • View Profile
Different times. May sound like a cheap excuse, but the Brain of the Customer clicked. People bought the Wii, played Wii Sports, realized that the Controls aren't really accurate and that it's just a gimmick and moved on.
When PS3, X360 came out, HD boomed everywhere. All that was important was HD. The Wii however, being nothing more than a powered-up GameCube with Pseudo Motion-Controls, could only deliver 480p, making it the weakest of the bunch. So no HD = No Good.
You MAY HAVE noticed that this HD and Resolution craze isn't over. People want, almost demand, 1080p/60FPS, and that's all that counts at the moment. That's what the current Gen is about for most people. Game only runs in 720p or 900p with only 30FPS? THIS GAME SUCKS! THIS CONSOLE IS WEAK! I DON'T WANT DAT! MOM! BUY ME THE BEST CONSOLE! NAO! =P
PS4 delivers, what the customer wants. Good Games in (usually) the best Resolution and Graphics for a affordable price.
Thanks to horrible Marketing by Nintendo, the WiiU couldn't do sheet this Gen, even though it started like 1 Year ahead of PS4/X1.
Xbox 1 is going HORRIBLE in the east but relatively good in the west, but it's still below the Wii U. Make out of that what you will.

TL;DR: If a Console/Handheld is succsesfull or not, depends on what the customer wants during that time.

So, at this point in time, everyone wants systems with "best graphics evar!1!!1!" ? So wouldn't the Vita have a one up on the 3ds if that's the case?

The PS3 had rough sales at first, I know. Never said it didn't.

However, by the end, even though it sold like 20 million fewer consoles, the overall sales were much better for the games.

But we were discussing early on, Nia. Ofc, in the long run, the ps3 reigned victorious.

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 11:17:27 AM »

Offline Morrison

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
So, at this point in time, everyone wants systems with "best graphics evar!1!!1!" ? So wouldn't the Vita have a one up on the 3ds if that's the case?
One thing: You can't really pinpoint this. A lot of factors go into the sales of these Consoles, Handhelds and their Games. And Nintendo nailed one factor with the 3DS: Nostalgia. A Link between Worlds, basically the SNES Game you played back then in 3D? (Mega) Kanto Starters in Pokémon X/Y? Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 64 3D, Majoras Mask 3D... Welcome to Nostalgia Ville, enjoy your stay! =P
These Titles brought a lot of people (back) to Nintendo.
Then guaranteed hits like Mario, Animal Crossing, Smash, the noice 3rd Party support AND the Pricedrop pushed the 3DS to where it is today.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:25:43 AM by Morrison »

Sony's strategy paper
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
yay for the vitanovel! @Nia
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com