• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: [RANT] DBOG vs DBOR  (Read 14987 times)

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Game Designer/Producer, Marketer, Entrepreneur
Although I have contributor, I want to quickly point out I do not work on anything. I am just a friend that Luke talks to a lot and we have been friends for over 6 years I believe now. This video/rant does not reflect any thoughts, expressions, or course of actions that represent the DBOR team.

This is my own rant, my own thoughts, and I hate seeing the flame war between the two camps... I also despise the lying that has been going down from the DBOG group.

Also hope you enjoy the thumbnail as it mocks their 22 minute video that was titled an interview between the two groups, however it was completely one sided and had nothing to do with DBOR.

I hope you enjoy and thanks. Please share with your friends!  :cheeky:
"Dignity is for noobs; no guts no glory." - Kyle
"Knowledge is power, don't let ignorance and stupidity get in your way to get what you want." - Kyle
"Anything is possible with Determined Stupidity" - Luke

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Not sure I'd really call this a rant as you handled it really well and professionally, more of an argument or point, but either way, nicely done!  Glad to see a professional opinion on this for once instead of fanboy hate from both sides.

It is my belief that DBOR will be superior if it succeeds in doing what it wants to.  While it is true DBOG seems to be moving at a faster pace (possibly due to stealing of code, I've heard rumors but no confirmation), from what I've seen of both Alpha's I've played, while they do seem to be bringing the game back, I have yet to see any improvements.  They talked about how they wanted to make the game bigger than it was, and yet I have yet to see any information as to what they want to do and what they have done.  So far it seems to be a direct emulation, the game is a few months from Beta, and barely any of the script is translated and the code has issues. 

They seem to be focusing on getting the game out there as fast as possible, WHICH DOES HAVE IT POSITIVES.  It does satisfy the consumer that the producer is actually working on the project, due to multiple Alphas and fairly detailed updates, so they are doing things professionally in other ways.  While I've not seen changes, their servers were much more stable in Alpha 2 compared to Alpha 1, and they do seem to be making headway, so props to them.

I do think the fact that they are monetizing it already is a bit odd and I've really got nothing else to say about that.  It seems risky, stupid, and like an overall bad idea, so I don't know why people are actually paying for it.  But people pay for stupid things on Kickstarter all the time, so I guess I don't really know.

In the end, I probably will play a decent amount of DBOG, but once DBOR comes out I have much more invested in that community and game because I believe in it more.  I've gotten to know Luke somewhat, and I trust most of the devs here, and the fact that they want to release this game as a full product instead of partially completed is good in my opinion. 

But that's just my opinion, and once again, Kyle, great work on the video (love the constant hand gestures XD).
We WILL Protect the Peace!

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
This is honestly the first time I've even entered the flame war in any way and all I have to say is that this war litterally just split the community in half and that's about it, nothing good is coming from it.

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Can't believe you actually wasted your time talking about something stupid and irrelevant. Lmao, people these days take dumb stuff too seriously.

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:28:56 PM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
  • I am a: Majin
Can't believe you actually wasted your time talking about something stupid and irrelevant. Lmao, people these days take dumb stuff too seriously.
That is the dumbest way to troll a thread, Inzane.

Go back to troll school.

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:41:32 PM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
It's good to see people opinions without all the trashtalk and hate. I liked your video but, you want or not, prepare for the haters and fanboys
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:49:33 PM by keredvin »

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It's good to see people opinions without all the trashtalk and hate. I liked your video but, you want or not, prepare for the haters and fanboys
Thanks, and I'm hoping for it.  <3  :r_bigsmile:
"Knowledge is power, don't let ignorance and stupidity get in your way to get what you want." - Kyle

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 12:53:03 PM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
I'm not good at typing stuff out, but I mean't in a similar way to Youtube (with the thumbs up thing).  It's my sad attempt at being funny. :)
Honor system, click the little up arrow. You give him a 1 positive honor because of the comment you "thumbed" up.

---
Great video Kyle.
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 12:55:23 PM »

Offline Toragos

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 1
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Fighter
Hi Kyle nice to meet you, I cant really call it a rant you showed facts about a development team that is leaded by a kid and obviously operates like illuminati. 

Daneos gets the money from people who are willing to pay for a game that isnt finished. People subscribe and get those nasty Founderpacks, that actually pays for the hole game to be developt, darn, what a scam.

Imo tbh
1. The community is not split, people will come back here when the game is actually out.
2. We do have a better community for what I know of. (They dont even have a Nia, Kobob, Bardock and yes even the god darn troll/pedo kairouken typed person there)
3. Heil DBOR 

"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm Mystic Vegito! Hit me with your best shot!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Hi Kyle nice to meet you, I cant really call it a rant you showed facts about a development team that is leaded by a kid and obviously operates like illuminati. 

Daneos gets the money from people who are willing to pay for a game that isnt finished. People subscribe and get those nasty Founderpacks, that actually pays for the hole game to be developt, darn, what a scam.

Imo tbh
1. The community is not split, people will come back here when the game is actually out.
2. We do have a better community for what I know of. (They dont even have a Nia, Kobob, Bardock and yes even the god darn troll/pedo kairouken typed person there)
3. Heil DBOR 

Yeah! They also don't have a Vegito!

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Or a Vating (I do stalk them sometimes though >:D)

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »

Offline Akayu

• None
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the video, I think it was put together calmly. After all everyone wants to play Dragonball Online again and I believe the game would be much more fun with a large single community. Neither game has officially released yet either, so right now all the fighting just seems kind of pointless. I believe it's about having fun and playing the game.

The argument was put together very well and your points are clear. I've seen many arguments about which of the two is better and it's nice to see the original point of the projects being brought up.

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »

Offline Toragos

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 1
    • View Profile

Vegito is too OP for them XD

Or a Vating (I do stalk them sometimes though >:D)

This guy is a stalker  ;D
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
    • View Profile
This guy is a stalker  ;D
Why thank you sir ;D

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 01:43:37 PM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the video, I think it was put together calmly. After all everyone wants to play Dragonball Online again and I believe the game would be much more fun with a large single community. Neither game has officially released yet either, so right now all the fighting just seems kind of pointless. I believe it's about having fun and playing the game.

The argument was put together very well and your points are clear. I've seen many arguments about which of the two is better and it's nice to see the original point of the projects being brought up.
Thank you. And thank you to everyone else.  :r_rightsmil:
Hope this video will spread a bit just so both groups can love each other. It's all about love. <3 haha

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 02:00:36 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I can even tame lightning!
Tactical Nuke incoming!
 * Gets into a blocking stance and takes it like a man *

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Remain on topic.

We don't need 10+ posts telling someone how to change karma. We are lenient in the RP based threads but please keep on topic (which is content surrounding the video post by Kyle)
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 02:09:25 PM »
    • View Profile
Holyy popo posts just got rekt by mod

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

Offline Parrish

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 5
    • View Profile
  • Dab
I actually didn't even know he went on Hackforums lol. I do think they are just after money, I'm pretty sure the only way to chat in the DBOG chatbox, is to buy a founder package. All the DBOG fanboys talk about is how "fast" DBOG started an alpha, it gets annoying. Thanks for the video
"I am the stone that the builder refused."

Don't you let out that antidote...

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Had a long day and I'm sorta lazy to read all the replies (specially @Shyruni's) but here's my comment on the video:

You did a video on a objective point of view and not a subjective one. You didn't show proof of Daneos being that guy in the hack forums but, assuming it's true, that's some serious stuff to consider if you're a DBOG fan.

I've always considered to have DBOG and DBOR join together since I rather have a big community than multiple small ones but I never mentioned it because I expected a lot of flaming out of it. If I'd have to pick, I'd go for DBOR because I've spent the most time with you guys and I enjoy chilling with this community. All I've seen from DBOG is hating on us and insulting and that's why I don't use my forum account there.

I'm interested in the project and support their progress but the community hasn't caught my interest so I just want to try the game out and stick with DBOR's community.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

Offline Amune

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am real super sand lesbian!
  • I am a: Great Namek
Had a long day and I'm sorta lazy to read all the replies (specially @Shyruni's) but here's my comment on the video:

You did a video on a objective point of view and not a subjective one. You didn't show proof of Daneos being that guy in the hack forums but, assuming it's true, that's some serious stuff to consider if you're a DBOG fan.

I've always considered to have DBOG and DBOR join together since I rather have a big community than multiple small ones but I never mentioned it because I expected a lot of flaming out of it. If I'd have to pick, I'd go for DBOR because I've spent the most time with you guys and I enjoy chilling with this community. All I've seen from DBOG is hating on us and insulting and that's why I don't use my forum account there.

I'm interested in the project and support their progress but the community hasn't caught my interest so I just want to try the game out and stick with DBOR's community.
Yeah I agree, once DBOG comes out I'll play it a little to have some nostalgia, then I'll just wait for DBOR. It seems their community is full of immature a-holes. From day one the DBOR forums had very nice people on it.

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
    • View Profile
I agree 100% with Kyle DBOG are a bunch of a holes that make threads everytime we get an update,talk popo when i went to defend,badpiccolo said we talk popo about them -.- also i found a ultra DBOG fanboy lol

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Yes its true, to show all of it would require another video. Finding his online profiles took me a few days. On hack forums he changed his name, but the screenshots I show are pretty conveniently posted and talking about a dragonball online server. His other posts show about binding rats (remote access Trojan) to executables as well. While I doubt he would bind a virus to his client, I would still be a bit cautious for what if he just wanted to exit the community at one point.

If you want the full video on him I will make it but it may show a bit more information about him that he may not want. I am not going to be as low as him and threatened to release a dox on him and his people. But if people need to see the proof I can supply it.

I have a big collection of screenshots that I will also release if people want them enough as well.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:47:42 PM by Kyle »

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 02:44:36 PM »
    • View Profile
I want the screen shots :P

[RANT] DBOG vs DBOR
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Yes its true, to show all of it would require another video. Finding his online profiles took me a few days. On hack forums he changed his name, but the screenshots I show are pretty conveniently posted and talking about a dragonball online server. His other posts show about binding rats (remote access Trojan) to executables as well. While I doubt he would bind a virus to his client, I would still be a bit cautious for what if he just wanted to exit the community at one point.

If you want the full video on him I will make it but it may show a bit more information about him that he may not want. I am not going to be as low as him and threatened to release a dox on him and his people. But if people need to see the proof I can supply it.

I have a big collection of screenshots that I will also release if people want them enough as well.

It's ok, I don't really want proof or anything. I rather not get too deep into this but I'm glad you pointed this out... I should have my anti-virus check the game files, just in case. I didn't really know what a RAT was before you posted it here.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946