You're all nutcases. But it's cool that MC is still running strong. :candy:
  • September 18, 2017, 04:11:35 AM
    :r_flame:
  • September 16, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
    pfff.... [link]
  • September 16, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
    :kappa:
  • September 16, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
    MarineCorps > Forum Guild with main goal, trolling and taking over the Forum. Final Boss is Monkey Dead Luffy! Will they rape that boss, or will Boss rape them! Stay with us in next episode of Dead Balls of Z!!!
  • September 14, 2017, 10:03:29 PM
    :smugdbo:
  • September 14, 2017, 10:36:20 AM
    :))
  • September 13, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
    :youth:
  • September 13, 2017, 04:20:30 PM
    :paleman:
  • September 13, 2017, 05:04:44 AM
    MarineCorps FTW. DOWN WITH THE TSAR!!!!
  • September 13, 2017, 04:33:16 AM
    yeaaa, no...i'm here. So taking over is against human nature....
  • September 13, 2017, 04:11:31 AM
    WE TOOK OVER
  • September 13, 2017, 04:11:28 AM
    WE DID IT GUYS
  • September 13, 2017, 04:11:23 AM
    >MarineCorps is the majority of active English forum memberes
  • September 13, 2017, 03:23:31 AM
    [link] Guys I think we should perma-ban Tofu :/
  • September 11, 2017, 01:29:54 AM
    And then Half-Life 3 will release! That's why Kim Jong Un is in that picture you linked!
  • September 10, 2017, 07:20:23 AM
    it's all real...Trump will start nuclear war with north korea which will make other nations go crazy too. After everything is over, that panem sh*t will happen to us xD
  • September 10, 2017, 07:18:21 AM
    if you mix that with the latest "fashion" from the Paris Fashion week you get that Panem style from Hunger Games
  • September 10, 2017, 07:16:46 AM
    have y'all seen that wavy eyebrow trend?
  • September 10, 2017, 05:15:10 AM
    [link]

Topic: Dragon Ball Super  (Read 150551 times)

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1075 on: February 27, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
That was a good episode.

Proves that Gohan still has a fighting spirit somewhere. He clearly won't be taking Goku's place, but he will be doing some stuff. We can tell he still has a lot of training to do though.

Explains with a little bit more detail what's gonna happen with the universes. There will only be 5 universes after this. Which means our beloved Universe 6, along with three other universes we don't care about enough, will probably end up being destroyed, unless they find a way to talk it out of Zeno's head.

There's also the chance that the 7th universe might actually lose, ending up with Zeno changing his mind because he doesn't want to delete Goku.

Also, based on what we've seen. Goku might have to carry all the Universe 7 fighters (who will probably be powerless except maybe Vegeta) in order for them to achieve victory, based on Toriyama's tendencies. I really hope this is not the case. I wish everyone gets to stand out. Some will lose, some will win but they'll stand out, eventually getting eliminated in the tournament and leaving the finals to Goku or something among those lines.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1076 on: February 27, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Eat your vegetables, kids.

Zamasu was right after all

(Also, hey, i'm back)

Perfect... another one of those guys.

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1077 on: March 01, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin

Zamasu was right after all

(Also, hey, i'm back)

Got a good laugh out of that one, haha.

Also, based on what we've seen. Goku might have to carry all the Universe 7 fighters (who will probably be powerless except maybe Vegeta) in order for them to achieve victory, based on Toriyama's tendencies. I really hope this is not the case. I wish everyone gets to stand out. Some will lose, some will win but they'll stand out, eventually getting eliminated in the tournament and leaving the finals to Goku or something among those lines.

It's hard to say, as in many ways Super has been very Toriyama while at the same time being very NOT Toriyama.  Gohan had been thrown into the whole "he's a scholar now" category by Toriyama so much that I expected the last episode to be Gohan getting his ass instantly handed to him as a joke.  And yet for once, Toriyama actually did something the fans asked for: made Gohan a serious fighter again.  That's something Toriyama usually HATES doing, and from the sounds of it, Gohan's going to keep up the good pace.

Let's keep in mind that while Goku and Vegeta have always held a spotlight, other characters have had many opportunities to shine since Z.  Heck, in the Champa saga, while Goku and Vegeta did most of the work, Piccolo actually did quite decently and likely would have won had his opponent not been cheating.

Let's also keep in mind that while Universe 7 is the second lowest on the power scale, it's based on the average mortal.  While other Universes have higher averages, that doesn't mean the lower averages might have individual fighters that top theirs.  We also know very little about the actual tournament that's going to take place, bar the results of victory.  It could be a straight up tournament bracket, or something completely new, it's hard to tell.

To sum it up, I'm actually expecting things to be different this time around.  I'm sure Goku and Vegeta are going to be the main two, but I don't think the others are just going to be cannon fodder either. 

We WILL Protect the Peace!

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1078 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Let's also keep in mind that while Universe 7 is the second lowest on the power scale, it's based on the average mortal.  While other Universes have higher averages, that doesn't mean the lower averages might have individual fighters that top theirs.  We also know very little about the actual tournament that's going to take place, bar the results of victory.  It could be a straight up tournament bracket, or something completely new, it's hard to tell.
I think that the mortal rating they are talking about isn't about strength, but more about culture, government and good and evil. If it was based on strength, why didnt Zen-oh let the top tier universes fight then, that would be much more fun to watch i reckon. The reason universe 7's mortal rate is so low, is probably because of Frieza. He literally owned most of the universe (bit exaggerated maybe) and he terrorized tons of planets. He turned a lot of people evil and because of that the mortal rating is so low. Also, The current supreme kai is very unexperienced and Beerus is sleeping most of the time. so this universe isnt being governed very well.

If you look at the Kaioshin and Hakaishin of universe 9, you see that they dont "govern" really well... The kai is a psycho and the God of Destruction is very indicisive. The Furry Bros are also pretty crazy... That is my theory about the mortal rating. Not based on strength and power, but evilness and culture and stuff.

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1079 on: March 02, 2017, 01:17:09 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I think that the mortal rating they are talking about isn't about strength, but more about culture, government and good and evil. If it was based on strength, why didnt Zen-oh let the top tier universes fight then, that would be much more fun to watch i reckon. The reason universe 7's mortal rate is so low, is probably because of Frieza. He literally owned most of the universe (bit exaggerated maybe) and he terrorized tons of planets. He turned a lot of people evil and because of that the mortal rating is so low. Also, The current supreme kai is very unexperienced and Beerus is sleeping most of the time. so this universe isnt being governed very well.

If you look at the Kaioshin and Hakaishin of universe 9, you see that they dont "govern" really well... The kai is a psycho and the God of Destruction is very indicisive. The Furry Bros are also pretty crazy... That is my theory about the mortal rating. Not based on strength and power, but evilness and culture and stuff.

I can see that, but I'm still not so sure about that.  Keep in mind in Beerus complains to Supreme Kai about his method of letting planets obtain their own strength and ending up weak.  Also, Zeno is not what I would exactly call a wise or even necessarily "good" deity.  Unlike the Gods of Destruction who blow stuff up because it's their duty, Zeno just does it for funsies, and, like Goku, seems more interested in being entertained and having fun than keeping everything balanced and safe.  If I remember correctly, it's also mentioned that the exhibition match is between the two "weakest" universes, but I could be remembering that incorrectly.

As for why the low tier universes were involved, it's because people like Goku exist.  Despite coming from a universe that overall has fairly low power levels in general, you have Goku, who has a power level that is starting to get close to rivaling the Gods themselves.  It's been proven that even the low tier universes can have some amazing fighters. 

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1080 on: March 02, 2017, 02:12:09 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I can see that, but I'm still not so sure about that.  Keep in mind in Beerus complains to Supreme Kai about his method of letting planets obtain their own strength and ending up weak.  Also, Zeno is not what I would exactly call a wise or even necessarily "good" deity.  Unlike the Gods of Destruction who blow stuff up because it's their duty, Zeno just does it for funsies, and, like Goku, seems more interested in being entertained and having fun than keeping everything balanced and safe.  If I remember correctly, it's also mentioned that the exhibition match is between the two "weakest" universes, but I could be remembering that incorrectly.

As for why the low tier universes were involved, it's because people like Goku exist.  Despite coming from a universe that overall has fairly low power levels in general, you have Goku, who has a power level that is starting to get close to rivaling the Gods themselves.  It's been proven that even the low tier universes can have some amazing fighters.
I basically agree with this theory from Rhymestyle:

Talking about the "weakest" universes you have heard somewhere maybe, "weakest" and "strongest" doesnt have to mean strength or power.

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1081 on: March 02, 2017, 10:27:10 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

It makes sense, but I doubt it. They talk about strength or power or whatever. Having gods that fail at their job shouldn't influence the rating they're using.

Also, Zeno did allow all the universes to participate, he just decided the strongest four are exempt, which means they don't have to participate if they don't want to. All the other universes have to participate, no matter what.
MarineCorps

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1082 on: March 02, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It makes sense, but I doubt it. They talk about strength or power or whatever. Having gods that fail at their job shouldn't influence the rating they're using.

Also, Zeno did allow all the universes to participate, he just decided the strongest four are exempt, which means they don't have to participate if they don't want to. All the other universes have to participate, no matter what.
It's more of how a society fits together (again, a theory). if its good then that universe has a higher rating and if its bad a lower rating. If we were talking about strength, the grand priest said that Gohan and Basil were basically the lowest rated mortals in this room. Hercule is in this room too. HERCULE. (Unless you are a Satanist who believes that Hercule beat cell). I think that is a bit weird. It is very confusing, but we will have to wait until further explanations...

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1083 on: March 03, 2017, 02:59:10 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
It's more of how a society fits together (again, a theory). if its good then that universe has a higher rating and if its bad a lower rating. If we were talking about strength, the grand priest said that Gohan and Basil were basically the lowest rated mortals in this room. Hercule is in this room too. HERCULE. (Unless you are a Satanist who believes that Hercule beat cell). I think that is a bit weird. It is very confusing, but we will have to wait until further explanations...

My biggest problem with this theory is a similar problem I have with a lot of theories...it doesn't sound right.  Not because it feels faulty in logic, but because it doesn't sound like the author.  To me, the concept of Zeno blowing up universes because it only wants strong entertainment is much more along the lines of Toriyama's thinking than "proper society".  It feels like trying to bring a lot of sense and logic to an author that makes poop jokes. 

What has stood out in Super in general is honestly how strange and sort of fricked up everything is, specifically Zeno.  The strongest known God in all Universes is a playful child that plays space chess with real planets, killing millions of lives for fun.  He doesn't care about the use of weapons in the exhibition match or if fighters die simply because of entertainment value.  In a lot of ways, as Beerus said, Zeno is similar to Goku.  The idea of Zeno caring about "society" and "the balance of the universe" makes little sense as Zeno has cared so little about that stuff in the first place.  Heck, Zeno seems to care less about balance and order than BEERUS does.  BEERUS.  The idea of Zeno destroying universes because they are weak and not entertaining?  That makes a lot more sense to me from looking at Zeno as a character.

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1084 on: March 03, 2017, 06:19:27 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
My biggest problem with this theory is a similar problem I have with a lot of theories...it doesn't sound right.  Not because it feels faulty in logic, but because it doesn't sound like the author.  To me, the concept of Zeno blowing up universes because it only wants strong entertainment is much more along the lines of Toriyama's thinking than "proper society".  It feels like trying to bring a lot of sense and logic to an author that makes poop jokes. 

What has stood out in Super in general is honestly how strange and sort of fricked up everything is, specifically Zeno.  The strongest known God in all Universes is a playful child that plays space chess with real planets, killing millions of lives for fun.  He doesn't care about the use of weapons in the exhibition match or if fighters die simply because of entertainment value.  In a lot of ways, as Beerus said, Zeno is similar to Goku.  The idea of Zeno caring about "society" and "the balance of the universe" makes little sense as Zeno has cared so little about that stuff in the first place.  Heck, Zeno seems to care less about balance and order than BEERUS does.  BEERUS.  The idea of Zeno destroying universes because they are weak and not entertaining?  That makes a lot more sense to me from looking at Zeno as a character.
We will just have to wait until another episode explains the Mortal Rating system further... Until then we can't say who is right and who isn't.

Also, i think that Zeno didn't make the Mortal Rating system, but the Grand Priest. Zeno seems a little too stupid and too childish to think about rating universes in general.

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1085 on: March 05, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I was right after all!

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1086 on: March 06, 2017, 12:26:18 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

'Listen, Son Goku. You are the personification of the failure of the Gods who've created this universe!'

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1087 on: March 08, 2017, 12:45:20 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Goku needs to die .

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1088 on: March 08, 2017, 02:32:10 AM »
    • View Profile
 :umbraxd: Why would you want Goku to die?

'Listen, Son Goku. You are the personification of the failure of the Gods who've created this universe!'

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1089 on: March 08, 2017, 05:01:53 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
:umbraxd: Why would you want Goku to die?
He is worse than frieza , he needs to die and stay dead forever .

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1090 on: March 08, 2017, 07:18:20 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
He is worse than frieza , he needs to die and stay dead forever .
He died enough times already...

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1091 on: March 08, 2017, 08:51:37 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
He died enough times already...
He needs to stay dead bruh .

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1092 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
He needs to stay dead bruh .

You really think that would stop him? Remember he assisted the martial arts tournament while dead.
MarineCorps

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1093 on: March 14, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master

Son Goku laughs at your silly concept of 'death.'
Whatever doesn't kill Goku only makes him stronger. Whatever does kill Goku makes him stronger yet.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1094 on: March 15, 2017, 05:35:00 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
By the way, can we talk about how Toriyama made a "space Dr. Robotnik (Eggman)" character?

MarineCorps

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1095 on: March 15, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »

Offline Komatsuna

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
By the way, can we talk about how Toriyama made a "space Dr. Robotnik (Eggman)" character?

I like his moustache.

He is like Eggman but in the Ginyu force of Great SayjaJustice thingamajig. great

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1096 on: March 16, 2017, 02:35:34 AM »
    • View Profile
I like his moustache.

He is like Eggman but in the Ginyu force of Great SayjaJustice thingamajig. great
When did Toriyama have a passion for Sonic?

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1097 on: March 16, 2017, 03:57:00 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
When did Toriyama have a passion for Sonic?

He didn't. SEGA just ripped him off so many times, he decided to rip them off in return.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1098 on: March 16, 2017, 04:57:27 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Goku  and knuckles are the same

Dragon Ball Super
« Reply #1099 on: March 16, 2017, 07:12:16 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
He didn't. SEGA just ripped him off so many times, he decided to rip them off in return.

SEGA ripped Toriyama off? I don't know what you're talking about.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Yup... No clue.
MarineCorps