Topic: Roleplay # 1 Applications Closed ATM  (Read 2389 times)

Roleplay # 1 Applications Closed ATM
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
true but the fights might last forever because both will not want to lose,then ends up making impossible ways to escape a attack,making attacks that can insta-kill etc

i also think the rp will have to wait untill tomorrow because people are going to sleep for school
If we are discussing about the RP we should move to the out of character topic but we will be continuing to show the training (I think) And kiyza I don't think we should do all that for a fight just because someone loses, In all our RPs they deal with it and train and might defeat them later
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
true but the fights might last forever because both will not want to lose,then ends up making impossible ways to escape a attack,making attacks that can insta-kill etc

i also think the rp will have to wait untill tomorrow because people are going to sleep for school

Which is why people who are new to role playing or at least inexperienced -- which appears to be most of you, no offense -- need to learn a bit about role playing etiquette and humility. I think most people who do combat role plays start out with stats before they're comfortable enough to use free-form, but I also think breaking out the d20 is a bit excessive.

Some of the most fun I've had role playing has been from doing over-the-top fight threads and it seems awfully silly to have that restricted in a Dragon Ball role play.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 02:02:44 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I can even tame lightning!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Which is why people who are new to role playing or at least inexperienced -- which appears to be most of you, no offense -- need to learn a bit about role playing etiquette and humility. I think most people who do combat role plays start out with stats before they're comfortable enough to use free-form, but I also think breaking out the d20 is a bit excessive.

Some of the most fun I've had role playing has been from doing over-the-top fight threads and it seems awfully silly to have that restricted in a Dragon Ball role play.
Just so ya know i'm not new or inexperienced with roleplaying i actually know a guy who literally won't accept losing

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.

That is also a good point, and I will accept losing as well and will literally take in battle damage and make it affect how I play later on normally :D

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin

Kiyza your making this role play thing seem so complicated, I mean this is all for fun but it's kinda stressing me out I don't think I really wanted this to be a really BIG role play but just a simple one with simple decisions and we have fun, Making bios and everything is fun but why can't we just continue this conversation later. When it isn't so late
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline vating

• Shenron
  • Honor: 15 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Thought I'd shoot my way out, mix things up a bit.
Kiyza your making this role play thing seem so complicated, I mean this is all for fun but it's kinda stressing me out I don't think I really wanted this to be a really BIG role play but just a simple one with simple decisions and we have fun, Making bios and everything is fun but why can't we just continue this conversation later. When it isn't so late
Actually, it's fairly simple, he's saying that some RP combat systems are complex and that others just involve a guy saying they won't go down and that he would rather have it as no dice systems or people saying they will resist all and win, just lots of Dragon Ball combat and creativity.

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I don't mind losing in the tournament but I'd like to at least give up a fight and maybe beat up someone and not be the weakest of all the characters in the RP. @kobob23 is right, we should talk about this on the Out-of-Character thread and not here.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:36:04 PM by Tofu »
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal