[December 08, 2017, 09:42:37 AM]

Dragon Ball Super by LordWilhelmIV
[December 03, 2017, 08:56:34 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Today at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • Yesterday at 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • Yesterday at 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:

Topic: Yooka-Laylee, basically an attempt to revive Banjo Kazooie  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival?ref=home_popular

Made by the team who made DKC and Banjo Kazooie, so we know this is legit.
Seems interesting, and they claim the more money they get, the greater the game will be. I suppose that's the case, but I wonder how many sales this game will get because are people REALLY that into platformers anymore? Hell, the DKC Returns series has sold good, but not as much as Nintendo wanted them too.

Their market is us, I believe. I'm already sold for this game, lol.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

Yooka-Laylee, basically an attempt to revive Banjo Kazooie
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:16:50 PM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 3
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
  • I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
  • I am a: Poko Priest
They hit their goal after a mere hour, so yes people are into platformers. I can't like the main characters no matter how hard i try, so didn't back it up.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:21:13 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
They hit their goal after a mere hour, so yes people are into platformers. I can't like the main characters no matter how hard i try, so didn't back it up.

Yeah, and the animal set up was a bit strange, but i'm sure it will be a great game.
They already hit their stretch goal, too. I also think people like and back the game more when it's literally from the development team who made Banjo and Kazooie, so. That's what I am talking about with DKC. People don't trust/like Retro touching their game series, or they shrug it off as 'won't be as good as the originals'. I've seen many people say that. 

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:29:05 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I've never actually played Banjo Kazooie. I know, sinful, right? That said, I did watch the Kickstarter trailer for this game and I gotta say, this looks like a lot of fun. Platformers have started making a bit of a comeback in the indie market, but I haven't really seen much in the way of major 3D ones. I'll definitely be looking into this when it's out.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 11:32:54 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
I'm glad someone finally stepped up to take Rareware's place, at least in the platforming regard.  Beyond the Donkey Kong series, nothing along Rareware's old style has been done in years, so it's nice to see a big-budget 3-D platformer again.  Let's see if this game manages to push Nintendo into doing another big Mario game.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Microsoft never should have bought rare

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 02:33:47 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
My parents never bought me Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie for my N64 so I never even knew about it. I found out about the game when I was like 14 years old in the computer lab in my school there was a N64 emulator and the game was there. I liked it and downloaded the emulator with many games (Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie included).

I liked the game but I couldn't really enjoy the experience too much playing it with a keyboard. If this game gets released for PC, with controller support, or for the 3DS I might give it a shot, depending on how much I'd have to pay for it.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 02:37:21 AM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
The physical copies for consoles and handhelds will be around 30 bucks irc.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 02:38:51 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
My parents never bought me Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie for my N64 so I never even knew about it. I found out about the game when I was like 14 years old in the computer lab in my school there was a N64 emulator and the game was there. I liked it and downloaded the emulator with many games (Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie included).

I liked the game but I couldn't really enjoy the experience too much playing it with a keyboard. If this game gets released for PC, with controller support, or for the 3DS I might give it a shot, depending on how much I'd have to pay for it.

The game is already slated for a PC release along with the three current consoles. You can always get the original through Xbox Live Arcade, hook up your old N64 if you want to go out of your way to buy the game. It shouldn't be that expensive to purchase.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 02:46:44 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
The game is already slated for a PC release along with the three current consoles. You can always get the original through Xbox Live Arcade, hook up your old N64 if you want to go out of your way to buy the game. It shouldn't be that expensive to purchase.

I read about the PC release but didn't read about controller support but I'm quite sure that most (if not all) of the games now-a-days are released with controller support. My laptop won't really run new gen games so I'll just have to guess that. :P

Someone broke into my house while I was in the beach and stole my N64 along with all the valuable stuff my family had... That was, quoting the 5 or 6 year-old Tofu, "the worst day of my life". The last console I bought was the 3DS and before that, the Wii.

Now that I moved to a country that uses dolars as their currency I can't buy a new console because my country's coin is worth nothing. I can't legitimately work while studying so getting enough money to buy me a console or an expensive game (like Majora's Mask) will be kindda hard.

The physical copies for consoles and handhelds will be around 30 bucks irc.

I've only payed attention to old games, which are around $15-20. The only new game I've actually payed attention to the price was Majora's Mask for 3DS and it's freaking $50. I've been told electronics are more expensive here in Panama than in the US though.
MarineCorps

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 02:50:23 AM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
The kickstarter is still running, so you could score it at it cheapest right now and potentially use paypals currency converter saving money.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 02:59:58 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
The kickstarter is still running, so you could score it at it cheapest right now and potentially use paypals currency converter saving money.

I'll see if I can somehow buy it but right now I find it hard. I only have like $17 saved or something like that.
MarineCorps

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
Kickstarter is retarded as hell.

They expect you to just dish out cash for a game with no gauruntee of even being released PLUS you've still gotta pay full price if it actually does come out.

Srsly wtf

You get the game sent to you as a contributor if you pledge $15 or more. I pledged $15 myself. I don't normally put any money towards a kickstarter, but I love old school platformers and would like to see this game succeed, and the team making it is pretty well-known so it's a sound investment.

What I want to know is how will Microshit respond to this? I mean look how much money these guys are making from just the idea and a few animations. The market for platformers clearly still exists in abundance, I wonder if they'll dust off those old IPs and try to compete. I'd like to see them capture the old magic though without the original team.

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
I would buy this in a heartbeat. I have Banjo-Kazooie on my phone and tablet. Honestly, it's my favorite platformer ever. Can't wait.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:19:34 AM by SSJGGoku »

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 09:27:54 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I've never actually played Banjo Kazooie. I know, sinful, right? That said, I did watch the Kickstarter trailer for this game and I gotta say, this looks like a lot of fun. Platformers have started making a bit of a comeback in the indie market, but I haven't really seen much in the way of major 3D ones. I'll definitely be looking into this when it's out.

Hat in Time looks very interesting to me.

Honestly @Jak I don't expect Microsoft to respond. I think they see it as a little small platformer that won't hurt them, especially if it's being released on the Xbox Live Arcade.

Even though it's ex-rare employees.. I don't think it's gonna happen. We have seen devs do this sort of thing before, and it isn't that major.