• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Yesterday at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Yesterday at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • December 16, 2017, 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • December 16, 2017, 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Dragon Ball Xenoverse worth for PC?  (Read 8876 times)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse worth for PC?
« on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:18 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Sangre de Dragón! |
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
How is the gameplay with Mouse and keyboard? Do I need an Xbox controller?

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:17:21 AM »

Offline Ren

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Confine, Murcielago!
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
It is worth because you can mod the game to play other characters and yes you need a controller because playing with the keyboard and mouse is really awkward.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:06:02 AM by Ren »

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 02:28:01 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
If you have a console, I suggest getting it for that instead.

The PC version still has a lot of issues not present in the console versions, although to it's credit, it does get patched quite a bit, although strangely seems to get major update patches more slowly.
It's playable, but not what I'd call a good port.

You really don't need a controller, but looking around with the mouse is annoying. Everything else can be mapped to the keyboard though, which I suggest.

You can safely ignore the mods, though. Most of them aren't anything special (at least not yet), and they frequently break the game or cause issues with the DLC from what I've heard.
Worse yet, you can be banned from playing the game online depending on how you mod it.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:43:20 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Go with the PC version only under two conditions. First, use it if you don't have any of the consoles it's available for. Second, use it if your friends who play the game (if you have any) also mostly play it on the PC. The game is very poorly optimized and even my reasonably high end computer has difficulty running it. If you want the PC version, you really should pick up a controller. PC controllers can run for as cheap as $10 a piece, so it's not much of an investment. None of the current mods are looking all that good at the moment anyway, so there's not much of a point to playing the PC version.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:31:54 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Sangre de Dragón! |
First of all, thank you for all your answer guys, I have a PS3 but I dont even touch him since one year and a half ago :o and the controller is broken so its the same if I buy it for PC or PS3? Cause I don't have any controller for PC I can't buy any cheap controller for PC because much of them are not compatible for many games and the build quality is horrible.

But if you tell me that the PC version is not well optimized, should I got the PS3 version?

This is my PC build, but if the game is awful optimized even with GTX 980 SLI you got some FPS drops xD

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 03:34:02 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
good photo , friend  :D ;) , i like image :)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 03:39:30 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Sangre de Dragón! |
good photo , friend  :D ;) , i like image :)

Thank you  ;D

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 03:43:17 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
Thank you  ;D

you're welcome ;),friend.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 03:45:16 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
First of all, thank you for all your answer guys, I have a PS3 but I dont even touch him since one year and a half ago :o and the controller is broken so its the same if I buy it for PC or PS3? Cause I don't have any controller for PC I can't buy any cheap controller for PC because much of them are not compatible for many games and the build quality is horrible.

But if you tell me that the PC version is not well optimized, should I got the PS3 version?

This is my PC build, but if the game is awful optimized even with GTX 980 SLI you got some FPS drops xD

The PS3 version has slowdown, admittedly (although much of it has been patched, so it runs better than it did at launch, although it's still there). It's not game breaking, however.
However, it has fewer glitches, and any glitches it does have are just as prominent in the PC version, which, again, has more.

I personally say go with the PS3 version, but if it were to run fine on your computer, it's not the worst port ever made. The problem with that lies with the simple fact that you wouldn't know how it performs until it's installed.
Plus, I haven't run into the countless graphical glitches the PC version loves so much in the PS3 version:

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
I personally had no issues with the game at all.
the game ran smoothly, i didn't encounter any issues
(only when i decided to try online: like missions not completing, which was probably the 25kps up-speed my aus connection has, i was host.)
I don't have a very heavy PC, ($800)

I didn't play with a controller, and i played just fine.
the only thing that bothered me was the menus not using the mouse in anyway.

overall, I'd say it's really upto your installation and how well all your hardware deals with it.
for example, i've never seen a single issue Nia's posted.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 08:21:25 AM »
    • View Profile
  • DBOR - Graphic Designers's Leader

I don't know how you do that :)
I have a shitty AMD Phenom 9950 black edition (AM2+ and 2.6ghz) + GTX 650Ti Boost
The game run in 1080p - 60fps constant (max settings) without ANY drop

I most think you just chilling here to make "hey look i have money" :linky:
Graphic Designers's Leader for DBORevelations

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 08:50:32 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Sangre de Dragón! |
I have a shitty AMD Phenom 9950 black edition (AM2+ and 2.6ghz) + GTX 650Ti Boost

Well, someone said the game was not too well optimized, when that happens untill you have a GTX TITAN, R9 295X2 or whatever you gonna have some FPS drops, like in the case of any Assassins creed for PC in the last 2 years or any Ubisoft game of the last years.

I don't even have money for the xbox controller or the controller for PS3 xD

If I have that money Am I member of the capsule corp family?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:14:45 AM by oskarstankovic, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 01:01:36 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
My laptop's obsolete for most games so I downloaded a cracked Xenoverse to see if I could run it before buying the game and I could only run it with everything on low or off (including the anti-aliasing) and with 800x600 resolution. I believe it was the first patch (I never checked for the game version) but the game had two constant glitches, one was visual but the other one affected gameplay:

Visual: Almost every cinematic with a ki blast or any energy attack would glitch out and the attack would be permanently stuck in someone face or blocking the whole screen. If I lost the mission and re-tried, the glitch wouldn't happen.

Gameplay: About 50% of the times I vanished to dodge an attack I'd appear in the exact same place and get hit anyway.

Not sure how much was related to my laptop being shitty, the patch I had, my visual settings, or the fact that it was the PC version but The game was still really enjoyable even with like 15-20 fps, awefull visual quality and those glitches. I guess I'd absolutely LOVE the game if I'd get to play it right.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
My laptop's obsolete for most games so I downloaded a cracked Xenoverse to see if I could run it before buying the game and I could only run it with everything on low or off (including the anti-aliasing) and with 800x600 resolution. I believe it was the first patch (I never checked for the game version) but the game had two constant glitches, one was visual but the other one affected gameplay:

Visual: Almost every cinematic with a ki blast or any energy attack would glitch out and the attack would be permanently stuck in someone face or blocking the whole screen. If I lost the mission and re-tried, the glitch wouldn't happen.

Gameplay: About 50% of the times I vanished to dodge an attack I'd appear in the exact same place and get hit anyway.

Not sure how much was related to my laptop being shitty, the patch I had, my visual settings, or the fact that it was the PC version but The game was still really enjoyable even with like 15-20 fps, awefull visual quality and those glitches. I guess I'd absolutely LOVE the game if I'd get to play it right.

I've heard similar things, too. Most likely some of it had to do with it being cracked.

I will eventually pick up the game, and if they don't patch it, Kiyza wants me to fix some of the elements in a patch myself.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 01:34:02 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

The issues are definitely the game.
I can run plenty of far more demanding games with little hit to my performance, even on high settings, but XV trudges along.
...And Kiyza has a much, MUCH more powerful computer than I do, and she's expressed dissatisfaction at the game's performance as well.

They've patched the vanish glitch, but there's still glitches regarding the Ki blasts (which they were supposed to have patched, but rather hilariously, I've started experiencing such glitches since they patched it... namely the infamous invisible blast glitch).
If it's patch 1, there's still bucketloads of glitches remaining, but many of those were universal and not only on the PC version. The two you mentioned are PC exclusive, however.

And yes, Xenoverse is a tremendous blast when it works right. Even if the PC version is kinda "meh," it can be a blast.

I've heard similar things, too. Most likely some of it had to do with it being cracked.

I will eventually pick up the game, and if they don't patch it, Kiyza wants me to fix some of the elements in a patch myself.

It's not because of it being cracked.
Both Kiyza and I have legit copies. It's the game itself.

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
The issues are definitely the game.
I can run plenty of far more demanding games with little hit to my performance, even on high settings, but XV trudges along.
...And Kiyza has a much, MUCH more powerful computer than I do, and she's expressed dissatisfaction at the game's performance as well.

They've patched the vanish glitch, but there's still glitches regarding the Ki blasts (which they were supposed to have patched, but rather hilariously, I've started experiencing such glitches since they patched it... namely the infamous invisible blast glitch).
If it's patch 1, there's still bucketloads of glitches remaining, but many of those were universal and not only on the PC version. The two you mentioned are PC exclusive, however.

And yes, Xenoverse is a tremendous blast when it works right. Even if the PC version is kinda "meh," it can be a blast.

It's not because of it being cracked.
Both Kiyza and I have legit copies. It's the game itself.

Well some of it atleast has to be due to it being cracked.

I remember doing a steam version v. pirated version of Sanic Generations, and the pirated version took more power for my PC and was more glitcher.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 01:57:11 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Yeah, not entirely sure why so many people are having issues with Xenoverse...I'm with Luke and Link, I have a $500 comp with a basic graphics card, and it has run Xenoverse perfectly.  It might not run as fast as PS4 or some of the other versions, but it works fine. 

I think it's just one of those games that computers are finicky with.  Maplestory is another example of this.  People with way better or equal capabilities to my comp weren't able to run it, and yet I could, as well as thousands of other players over the web.  Some games are just more difficult for computers to want to run than others.   

It's obviously a flaw with the game, but I wouldn't say it makes it unplayable (unless your computer won't run it at all in which case, sorry).  I'd certainly pick the other versions over PC first, but if you can't get any of the other versions (like yours truly), the PC version works in a pinch.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Yeah, not entirely sure why so many people are having issues with Xenoverse...I'm with Luke and Link, I have a $500 comp with a basic graphics card, and it has run Xenoverse perfectly.  It might not run as fast as PS4 or some of the other versions, but it works fine. 

I think it's just one of those games that computers are finicky with.  Maplestory is another example of this.  People with way better or equal capabilities to my comp weren't able to run it, and yet I could, as well as thousands of other players over the web.  Some games are just more difficult for computers to want to run than others.   

It's obviously a flaw with the game, but I wouldn't say it makes it unplayable (unless your computer won't run it at all in which case, sorry).  I'd certainly pick the other versions over PC first, but if you can't get any of the other versions (like yours truly), the PC version works in a pinch.

It's definitely finicky, which shows they didn't put much effort into making it run smooth on PC in general.
And while it's  basically playable, it definitely suffers. It feels like a pretty slapped together port, which is a shame... especially for the first official PC Dragon Ball Z game (excluding DBO, of course).

It's not the worst port ever, nor is it offensively bad, really... it's just such a mediocre job of an incredibly fun game.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I've played both the PC and console versions a bit, and from what I've seen the game was essentially made for the console versions.  My guess is that the PC was a last-minute decision, whether due to fan-request or hoping to expand it out a little further.  I'm not sure the game was originally intended to be on PC.  Not that it can't function for PC, but it was definitely made for a controller and the capabilities of a console.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It's definitely finicky, which shows they didn't put much effort into making it run smooth on PC in general.
And while it's  basically playable, it definitely suffers. It feels like a pretty slapped together port, which is a shame... especially for the first official PC Dragon Ball Z game (excluding DBO, of course).

It's not the worst port ever, nor is it offensively bad, really... it's just such a mediocre job of an incredibly fun game.

How's the network, now? They said they would be fixing it, but my friends said it was still just as bad.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 02:20:47 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
    • View Profile
@Umbrax 

I dunno about the others, but the internet is working WAY better for me.  At first I couldn't even access the basic single player online option much less multiplayer, but now both work perfectly fine for me, and it only cuts out if it's an internet problem, not a server problem.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I've played both the PC and console versions a bit, and from what I've seen the game was essentially made for the console versions.  My guess is that the PC was a last-minute decision, whether due to fan-request or hoping to expand it out a little further.  I'm not sure the game was originally intended to be on PC.  Not that it can't function for PC, but it was definitely made for a controller and the capabilities of a console.

That's more-or-less how I see it, too.

How's the network, now? They said they would be fixing it, but my friends said it was still just as bad.

It still doesn't seem as solid as the console version, but it doesn't cut out on me anymore at least. Quests do randomly kick me more often than the PS3 version when there's heavy lag, and occasionally it still kicks me off the server upon completing a quest, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was.

Online definitely works better now than it did at launch, but that's true of all the versions, really. It's functional enough that I can't complain. The online compatibility issues aren't severe enough to flip out compared to the console version, really.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 04:10:06 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Yeah I'm with Luke, Link, and Shyruni. I have the game at max settings and I don't get a single FPS drop. Also never ran into any graphical glitches either, and yes I own the legit copy of the game. I even did a little modding to my game and I had little problems (the DLC issue was an easy fix believe it or not). However, like Kiyza said the mods aren't really that good atm so yeah. I only got it for the PC because...

1. It's the only system I own that can play it.

2. I can only play online on my laptop when I take it out to the library or something.

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 04:13:53 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
I would personally torrent it first, or test your pc on games like JC2 and GTA4 before this.
Mine lags too much so I won't buy it.

If your computer can handle it, buy it! It's a great game and it is fun to play with los amigos. I wish I wasn't a scrub ;-; I would rek Luke daily with my Wolf Fang Fist :v

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 04:18:57 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I would personally torrent it first, or test your pc on games like JC2 and GTA4 before this.
And you wonder why copyright is a naughtyword. Also, that's a great way to get a virus on your PC.