* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:40 PM
    Sorry. Mourning makes me stupid. and I apologize for spamming the shoutbox. XD
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:08 PM
    I POSTED A DIFFERENT LINK LIKE AN IDIOT. HERE'S THE REAL ONE. [link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:06 PM
    There you go, Lati. Fixed it for ya.
  • November 17, 2017, 03:32:58 PM
    [link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:31:00 PM
    There we go. Get yourself depressed by listening to Boogie Back. ;_;
  • November 17, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
    Woops. Messed it up. [link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:27:39 PM
    Here's a way better tribute: [youtube]4BMcZPLI75U[/youtube]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:26:52 PM
    Heresy
  • November 17, 2017, 02:55:16 PM
    Oops it’s the English one . But it’s pretty much just as good .
  • November 17, 2017, 02:54:46 PM
    Oh I was beaten to it ~ anyway  in honor of Bulma [link]
  • November 17, 2017, 02:53:47 PM
    Rip Bulma
  • November 17, 2017, 01:40:58 PM
    Hiromi Tsuru, the Japanese voice of Bulma, passed away.
  • November 17, 2017, 09:17:01 AM
    Silly Luffy.  Yamcha isn't even in our guild!
  • November 17, 2017, 07:47:03 AM
    love yourself xD
  • November 17, 2017, 05:26:10 AM
    Luffy, I'm lonely. Please love me.
  • November 17, 2017, 02:01:32 AM
    O0
  • November 16, 2017, 12:41:44 PM
    :devildbo:
  • November 16, 2017, 08:31:03 AM
    :devildbo:
  • November 16, 2017, 08:30:43 AM
    *update*: [link]
  • November 16, 2017, 08:29:02 AM
    offf... [link]
  • November 16, 2017, 05:30:39 AM
    MC > Whatever your guild is
  • November 16, 2017, 02:26:31 AM
    [link]
  • November 15, 2017, 06:11:58 AM
    Monster hunter world needs to be released already .
  • November 15, 2017, 02:07:46 AM
    @Nia yes
  • November 14, 2017, 11:09:16 PM
    you can't deal with my awesomeness....
  • November 14, 2017, 04:50:18 PM
    You tryin' to steal people from my guild?
  • November 14, 2017, 04:10:08 PM
    Our guild is fun sometimes. You should come visit.
  • November 14, 2017, 04:07:31 PM
    Luffy, join MC you nub

Topic: cant figure out which class should choose.  (Read 6885 times)

cant figure out which class should choose.
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:39:20 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
Hello guys,
I've looked up in the storyline/ races etc.. and couldn't choose a class.
If i like to fight close and sometimes use skills like kamehameha and stuff, which class should i choose?

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 06:52:02 PM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Turtle Hermit uses Kamehameha waves in their builds.

As for fighting up close, fighter/swordsmen would be something you would like. While a bit squishy, they can deal good damage. Energy-based Swordsmen are pretty fun to use as well.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 07:09:07 PM »

Offline FireSaiyan

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Fast forward to launch day of DBOR please!
  • I am a: Pure Majin
Turtle hermit of you want Kamehameha's, but they are ranged.

If you want a close ranged class but still want energy skills, perhaps swordsman will be better than fighter because of the Focus buff in your mastery which increases hit rate and energy crit rate.

Generally though I'd only be tempted to use energy fighter or swordsman for farming purposes ( stronger energy barrage and burning attack maxed? )

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Turtle Hermit uses Kamehameha waves in their builds.

As for fighting up close, fighter/swordsmen would be something you would like. While a bit squishy, they can deal good damage. Energy-based Swordsmen are pretty fun to use as well.

Turtle hermit of you want Kamehameha's, but they are ranged.

If you want a close ranged class but still want energy skills, perhaps swordsman will be better than fighter because of the Focus buff in your mastery which increases hit rate and energy crit rate.

Generally though I'd only be tempted to use energy fighter or swordsman for farming purposes ( stronger energy barrage and burning attack maxed? )

so you both say that swordsman is better for close combat but the hermit is for ranged attacked?
Bah nothing that mix them both together?
and for a general question: which class is better for farming and leveling up?

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Best class for farming and lvling up is Dark Warrior.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Turtle Hermit can be pretty good at PVE.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
What's the main difference between the races? I mean can all fly? can all turn into Super Saiyan or just human? Basically which race most powerfull? would like to hear from people that used to play this game while it was running. I've never played it before.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
Well all can fly. Humans can wish for ssj. While namkians wish for great namekian and majin eish for kid buu. Their is no "strongest race" just good ass players behind the character.
Also if u read the storyline and stuff and read the section about what is inside the game you would probably answer your questions.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 10:00:46 PM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
What's the main difference between the races? I mean can all fly? can all turn into Super Saiyan or just human? Basically which race most powerfull? would like to hear from people that used to play this game while it was running. I've never played it before.

They all can fly. Every race has its own transformation. All races are good...the game should be balanced, but when DBO was alive imo the best race was Namek.

Main difference between races are their transformations, skills and atributes like LP, Attack, etc

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 10:23:53 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
So basically, if i want close combat i should choose swordsman. If i want range attack anything else is good?

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 10:28:08 PM »

Offline Sukiya

• None
    • View Profile
There isnt really a class that truly combines both close combat and ranged (energy) attacks unfortunately. The physical combat users will generally tend to be less efficient with energy attacks while the Ki users (Turtle & Crane hermit, WonderMajins & Healer Nameks) are completely unable to do hand to hand combat and theyre pretty squishy for the most part. And that is because every class is supposed to be specializing in either close OR ranged attacking style.

Only exceptions to this would probably be the Namek warrior classes (Dark Warrior and Shadow Knight) because theyre physical classes and have one of the best defenses in the game (tank, so you wont be dying all the time) but they still can be played extremely well using only their energy skills (mid-ranged), and they're also pretty fun to play (go Dark Warrior if u want to lvl up fast and do PVE/party and go ShadowKnight for PVP)

and then Fighters do have both physical and energy skills (eg Vegeta's attacks) and they CAN use both for leveling up in the earlier lvls, but tbh i haven't seen many people really using their Ki attacks in end game as most will either go for a Crit-type build or a Speed-type which are both physical. If you want to feel like a real Saiyan you should probably go fighter xD
About energy swordsman i dont know because i never played one.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
There isnt really a class that truly combines both close combat and ranged (energy) attacks unfortunately. The physical combat users will generally tend to be less efficient with energy attacks while the Ki users (Turtle & Crane hermit, WonderMajins & Healer Nameks) are completely unable to do hand to hand combat and theyre pretty squishy for the most part. And that is because every class is supposed to be specializing in either close OR ranged attacking style.

Only exceptions to this would probably be the Namek warrior classes (Dark Warrior and Shadow Knight) because theyre physical classes and have one of the best defenses in the game (tank, so you wont be dying all the time) but they still can be played extremely well using only their energy skills (mid-ranged), and they're also pretty fun to play (go Dark Warrior if u want to lvl up fast and do PVE/party and go ShadowKnight for PVP)

and then Fighters do have both physical and energy skills (eg Vegeta's attacks) and they CAN use both for leveling up in the earlier lvls, but tbh i haven't seen many people really using their Ki attacks in end game as most will either go for a Crit-type build or a Speed-type which are both physical. If you want to feel like a real Saiyan you should probably go fighter xD
About energy swordsman i dont know because i never played one.

Big thanks for the explanation. Will wait for the game to test each race and see which one attracts me more :)

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »

Offline 9Tail

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Veteran
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Turtle Hermit can be pretty good at PVE.
Just pretty good? The turtle hermit is a nuker. Plain and simple. So you'll usually run around and grab a group of mobs, stun and Kame. It's very effective at over farming if you have decent con and defense. Also for ssj, I was able to maintain for about 10 min periods while farming. I'd take a break to bring my room back up for a few seconds then get right back to it. IN my experience, solo farming was fairly easy. That's just my opinion. #turtlehermitforlife

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 11:07:07 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
it would be nice if you guys can post your build with the skill calculator so newbies like me can learn how to split the Sp between the skills.

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 11:13:45 PM »

Offline Toragos

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 1
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Fighter
it would be nice if you guys can post your build with the skill calculator so newbies like me can learn how to split the Sp between the skills.

Here look up classdiscussion  http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?board=15.0
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »

Offline Sukiya

• None
    • View Profile
Which class is it you want a build of?
Also, do know that there isn't such a thing as the 'perfect' build for any of the classes. In addition to whether you want to do PVP or PVE, I learned that the optimal build for you also heavily depends on your gear (e.g. if u have certain stats on it that may make some buffs/passives that have the same effect useless, on the other side relying on certain skills in a build would require you having some stats on your gear), and even on the type of opponents you face. And lastly it is also a question of personal playing style.
So I'd say its best to inform yourself as much as possible about all the skills and their effects and then create your own build.

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 11:55:07 PM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Which class is it you want a build of?
Also, do know that there isn't such a thing as the 'perfect' build for any of the classes. In addition to whether you want to do PVP or PVE, I learned that the optimal build for you also heavily depends on your gear (e.g. if u have certain stats on it that may make some buffs/passives that have the same effect useless, on the other side relying on certain skills in a build would require you having some stats on your gear), and even on the type of opponents you face. And lastly it is also a question of personal playing style.
So I'd say its best to inform yourself as much as possible about all the skills and their effects and then create your own build.

in this game, is it possible to remove SP that i already used and change the build?

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
in this game, is it possible to remove SP that i already used and change the build?
Before level 30, yes
Once above it, you need to use a cash items

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 12:02:32 AM »

Offline shay3100

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Before level 30, yes
Once above it, you need to use a cash items

okie, thanks.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »

Offline Sukiya

• None
    • View Profile
Yup there were skill reset books you could get from cashing or buying them in auction house, I dont know if and how they will implement this in DBOR. Also you can always reset until lvl30 at the skill master NPCs

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 12:22:01 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
Great majin well but it is a little a tortoise (of slow these majin) need many speed and constitution and if it can be make reflection serious his. This class has skills as this way say it mixed, as assaults of area type turtle hermit, and assault body to body as the piruleta, stun, etc ..., assault of area has two type tortoise the great donkey and other one the bad thing that these assaults are not distantly like the tortuga they are mas of area nearby distant distance and I happen, also there are the assaults of cluster and if you want assaults of distant view, I advise the transformation in majin cigar, and the first skill of assault that is mas rapid and the basic assault that comes blasts of assault This is the default on having used the pure majin.:)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:40:19 AM by MajinMusic »

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 03:49:17 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Great majin well but it is a little a tortoise (of slow these majin) need many speed and constitution and if it can be make reflection serious his. This class has skills as this way say it mixed, as assaults of area type turtle hermit, and assault body to body as the piruleta, stun, etc ..., assault of area has two type tortoise the great donkey and other one the bad thing that these assaults are not distantly like the tortuga they are mas of area nearby distant distance and I happen, also there are the assaults of cluster and if you want assaults of distant view, I advise the transformation in majin cigar, and the first skill of assault that is mas rapid and the basic assault that comes blasts of assault This is the default on having used the pure majin.:)
Are you Shakespare?

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 04:29:55 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest

music...no tomes a mal pero no publiques nada en inglés si vas a usar traductor, o si tratás de escribir vos mismo es igual, hasta ahora no he podido ningún post tuyo en inglés.

@shay3100 go for turtle, is a good class to start with. If you like more close combat, then Swordsman or Fighter

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:32:57 AM by Aeris »

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2015, 05:07:10 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
You could pick a Fighter and get melee and energy attacks aswell but you'd have to sacrifice a lot of damage in order to get all the skills and, therefore, leveling and fighting will be hard. I think the same goes for the Swordsman but I never played that class so I might be wrong.

I only played humans anyway so I can't speak for Nameks and Majins (which I will totally play in DBOR after getting my Turtle Hermit to max level). I think there was indeed a stronger race or class back in DBO but it was because the game wasn't balanced. DBOR said they will do some work on that to make the game balanced and they pointed out they won't be making any SSJ2-3-4 stuff or Great Ape transformations. Just ponting that last transformation thing because new forum members usually ask for it :P.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 05:16:43 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
Are you Shakespare?
XD

music...no tomes a mal pero no publiques nada en inglés si vas a usar traductor, o si tratás de escribir vos mismo es igual, hasta ahora no he podido ningún post tuyo en inglés.
Mucho menos si son paredes de texto.

Made by Kaiza.