[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: My opinion about DBOR  (Read 18104 times)

My opinion about DBOR
« on: April 23, 2015, 12:52:15 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Im sorry to say DBOR, but DBO Global is making a lot more progress then you.... If Im not mistaken you guys have what, four developers? Meanwhile DBO Global only has three.. You've been working on your project a lot longer then they have and there already in Closed Alpha, with an operational client up and running. We've yet to even here the word "Alpha" or "Beta" from you guys.. The Sunday and Friday with DBOR videos are inconsistent because you guys are, "All in school"... Which is somewhat understandable, but the fact that you have four developers and no substantial progress has been shown to us over that last Year and a half, really mind boggles me. You guys also said that the first starter cap will be around Lvl 38, meanwhile DBO Global is starting off at 70. Why is it three developers can make more progress then four within a shorter span of time. Ill tell you why... To anyone reading this go look at the staff list..two of the devs havent been active for close to a month now... I look at it like this if you are busy with school, and other things dont take on the task.... To anyone whos gonna say "If you think its that easy go make your own DBO lol, lmao".... One I never said its easy, I just feel like we are being short changed and alot of the work is being pinned on one or two people... I still have hope in DBOR and I want to see you guys succeed, just had to speak my mind. (Readys myself for the DBOR fanboys to spam GO JOIN DBO GLOBAL THEN)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:20:49 AM by Jupeyy »

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:59:08 AM »

Offline lolz793

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
i agree cos most of the news i didnt really care the only news a cared about was the download screen then i found out about dbo global then i was inpressed it had 3 devs and it release before dbor

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 01:06:24 AM »

Offline Jupeyy

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ワンピース 実在する
  • I am a: Fighter
The only c++ programmer are PigeonD and me.
Linkeyy is in development group, because he has a good understanding of the client and also helps with graphic tool developments.(and he is doing the french translations)

Hexus is 'just' an web developer, he comes in action, when we start doing all web based things. Just to clear that up ;)

Dumke does this whole Website and the english translations.

Pigeon isn't often here, but I speak to him daily  :)

Just to clear some things up  ;D

And school would be a paradise ^^

regards Jupeyy

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 01:08:31 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
I understand what you are saying

But why put this here, i mean its all what you prefer if you dont like waiting for dbor go play dbog,if want to wait,wait.

this fued between the 2 is getting ridiculous

i like both server and im planning on play both.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:13:13 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
See thats the thing man, Im not here to talk shit then go join DBOG, Im just stating what I feel. To be honest.. Id rather them both work together. The game would be much more epic.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 01:14:48 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
Im sorry to say DBOR, but DBO Global is making a lot more progress then you.... If Im not mistaken you guys have what, four developers? Meanwhile DBO Global only has three.. You've been working on your project a lot longer then they have and there already in Closed Alpha, with an operational client up and running. We've yet to even here the word "Alpha" or "Beta" from you guys.. The Sunday and Friday with DBOR videos are inconsistent because you guys are, "All in school"... Which is somewhat understandable, but the fact that you have four developers and no substantial progress has been shown to us over that last Year and a half, really mind boggles me. You guys also said that the first starter cap will be around Lvl 38, meanwhile DBO Global is starting off at 70. Why is it three developers can make more progress then four within a shorter span of time. Ill tell you why... To anyone reading this go look at the staff list..two of the devs havent been active for close to a month now... I look at it like this if you are busy with school, and other things dont take on the task.... To anyone whos gonna say "If you think its that easy go make your own DBO lol, lmao".... One I never said its easy, I just feel like we are being short changed and alot of the work is being pinned on one or two people... I still have hope in DBOR and I want to see you guys succeed, just had to speak my mind. (Readys myself for the DBOR fanboys to spam GO JOIN DBO GLOBAL THEN)

First of all just as Jupeyy said they are only 2 developers working on the game, second of all they are not in "school" schoolboy, they all are either in university or have jobs or a life to do. and third of all they got the 70 cap up and running, but they wanted to start at a cap of lvl 38, not because of limitations, not because of insufficient workers or retarded ideas, it was merely to repicate the original feel of the game, and have lvl caps be something interesting, instead of them just releasing the game at a cap of 70 and the most interesting thing they can do later is make us a small event, like i'm sure will happen with DBOG.
Patience is the key my friend. and you will see that DBOR will be much better.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:24:29 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
See thats the thing man, Im not here to talk shit then go join DBOG, Im just stating what I feel. To be honest.. Id rather them both work together. The game would be much more epic.
sadly that would never happen i think.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:25:50 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
What an epic fan boy, Cant wait to see you in game Gewku :)

Also why change my thread name........ I dont want it to be "My opinion about DBOR" because honestly I am stating valid facts somewhat....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:29:11 AM by Zenshi, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 01:38:53 AM »

Offline DaTruth

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
  • naughtyword You Die Slow

Also why change my thread name........ I dont want it to be "My opinion about DBOR" because honestly I am stating valid facts somewhat....
Ay yo I peep that changed to the topic name to from DBOG the truth to my opinion on dbor wtf.......... Point is the only the thing that matters is results which dbog has and what dbor lacks.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 01:46:41 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
Ay yo I peep that changed to the topic name to from DBOG the truth to my opinion on dbor wtf.......... Point is the only the thing that matters is results which dbog has and what dbor lacks.

Ikr man.. Cmon now, like dont change my thread name..

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 01:53:45 AM »

Offline Sendoku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • A new era is coming.
You think that DBOG is ahead of DBOR just because they released a closed alpha with thousands of bugs and non-working contents, which even dbo naughtyword evolution did ? do you guys even search the stuff u're talking about ? dbog are getting fkn payed to work on the server, they work on it 16+hours/day (comfirmed by daneos), no shit they work faster than DBOR because that's all they do with their lives, but are they ahead of DBOR? hahahahaha i don't think so, releasing a closed alpha where you can do what you can do on dboffline isn't something huge, you guys are just stupid and don't even know what you're talking about, many people make these kind of useless posts and everyone already know that dbog are faster, then u people make up stuff like saying dbor has 4 devs etc you just try to make dbor look bad you just have nothing better to do with ur life don't cha? and by the way... so what if dbog releases a fully working server first ? do you really think that they will be the bigger server only because of speed ? that's not how it works boy.

u guys just need to shut up and wait and just go on ur dbog srsly

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 01:56:17 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Formerly known as Rhamus,Harkat,ZFighter in DBO TW
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I support the team and understand that they have things going on but I can agree with a lot of your points. This also is interesting because the argument about who is more professional always comes up. And let's be honest neither of these projects are professional. It's two groups of people working hard to bring back a game for the fans and former players. I support both teams naturally and have no intention of disrespecting either but I do agree with some of the points you make.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 02:01:09 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
You think that DBOG is ahead of DBOR just because they released a closed alpha with thousands of bugs and non-working contents, which even dbo popo evolution did ? do you guys even search the stuff u're talking about ? dbog are getting fkn payed to work on the server, they work on it 16+hours/day (comfirmed by daneos), no shit they work faster than DBOR because that's all they do with their lives, but are they ahead of DBOR? hahahahaha i don't think so, releasing a closed alpha where you can do what you can do on dboffline isn't something huge, you guys are just stupid and don't even know what you're talking about, many people make these kind of useless posts and everyone already know that dbog are faster, then u people make up stuff like saying dbor has 4 devs etc you just try to make dbor look bad you just have nothing better to do with ur life don't cha? and by the way... so what if dbog releases a fully working server first ? do you really think that they will be the bigger server only because of speed ? that's not how it works boy.

u guys just need to shut up and wait and just go on ur dbog srsly

Kid you didnt even get into the alpha, how do you know theirs bugs? No videos have been put up that are really descriptive reviews of the Alpha. I like how you just tried to make an extreme statement like that, and you havent even been in the alpha. Lol, and btw kid... DBOG isnt the same as DBO offline good game tho. I love how your a DBOR fan boy, and you defend them blindly. Lol, Im not bad mouthing DBOR just pointing out some truths about this private server.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »
    • View Profile
Kid you didnt even get into the alpha, how do you know theirs bugs? No videos have been put up that are really descriptive reviews of the Alpha. I like how you just tried to make an extreme statement like that, and you havent even been in the alpha. Lol, and btw kid... DBOG isnt the same as DBO offline good game tho. I love how your a DBOR fan boy, and you defend them blindly. Lol, Im not bad mouthing DBOR just pointing out some truths about this private server.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:12:48 AM by Vancha March »

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 02:06:23 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
your acting like a fanboy yourself too atm

Both server are good why cant yall play wich one you prefer.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 02:08:09 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
[youtube/]

Link please, because the video keeps getting error occurred for me.

your acting like a fanboy yourself too atm

Both server are good why cant yall play wich one you prefer.
Nah Fanboying is defending one thing without accepting points from the opposite side.... I cleearly said I still like DBOR just I dont see that much content production....

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 02:14:05 AM »
    • View Profile
Link please, because the video keeps getting error occurred for me.

Nah Fanboying is defending one thing without accepting points from the opposite side.... I cleearly said I still like DBOR just I dont see that much content production....

Fixed them just based off the videos you can see some glitches and lag issues. Correlates with what their team has been saying are a few problems

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 02:16:24 AM »
    • View Profile
  • My heart is calm and pure …pure EVIL!
I don't believe Zenshi is acting like a fanboy. He expresses some very valid points. DBOG will definitely be released before DBOR. I haven't been selected to play the closed alpha for DBOG and I know there aren't thousands of bugs as Sendoku stated lol I don't get why everyone doesn't understand the truths.
I am the monument to all your sins.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 02:23:30 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】

"Fanboy"? I don't see how I'm classified as a fanboy for stating facts(just like you said you did) and my own opinion. I'm not hating on DBOG, but I think that just because they released a closed alpha not even an open one, everyone feels that they are ahead of DBOR now, and that might be true but I extremely doubt it.
In the end I wish for both projects to succeed but I know which one I'll be playing and I have my own reasons, my opinion on DBOG will not change. I will give them credit for catching up with DBOR in 5 months but I'm still not convinced. as I said I hope for both projects to succeed and I do not disrespect anyone who plays DBOG, just like I hope everyone who supports and play DBOG, respects the supporters (and hopefully in the near future) players of DBOR.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 02:35:29 AM »
    • View Profile
  • My heart is calm and pure …pure EVIL!
"Fanboy"? I don't see how I'm classified as a fanboy for stating facts(just like you said you did) and my own opinion. I'm not hating on DBOG, but I think that just because they released a closed alpha not even an open one, everyone feels that they are ahead of DBOR now, and that might be true but I extremely doubt it.
In the end I wish for both projects to succeed but I know which one I'll be playing and I have my own reasons, my opinion on DBOG will not change. I will give them credit for catching up with DBOR in 5 months but I'm still not convinced. as I said I hope for both projects to succeed and I do not disrespect anyone who plays DBOG, just like I hope everyone who supports and play DBOG, respects the supporters (and hopefully in the near future) players of DBOR.
If you go on DBOG's site you will see the reasoning for a closed alpha, then an open alpha. They want to address any problems within the closed alpha before going through with an open one. They will release the open alpha soon I am sure of that. It's just like any other game it goes through stages before they release it.
I am the monument to all your sins.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 02:42:19 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
ok ok ok....DBOG started the alpha now and all....so what? Did they win something now?  ??? Or will they win something for bringing back the game as the first ones?

It doesn't matter which one goes online first. It's all about the quality of the game. You can be as fast as you want but if the end result is shitty you kinda f*cked up^^ (not saying DBOG is bad!)

Before judging you all should wait until DBOR is ready. Good things need much time to be good when it's finished. And even if DBOR is "slower" i still trust the Team cuz i am 100% sure that they will give us a masterpiece! Also how can you know that DBOR is behind DBOG? Did you see some exclusive stuff of DBOR or is your opinion only based by the things you see? ...I can't see bacteria but they exist...(dat example doe xD)Maybe DBOR is already mostly finished and they are fixing the big bugs. Or they still work on it cuz they couldn't find time due to RL. We don't know.

So, i think that no one has the right to say that they are working slow. Cuz we don't know anything about the progress which is good. Knowing it could be painful for the ppl who have no patience left. Pretty sure that if the Coders went to normal school we'd be ingame right now but sadly they are done with it and have a job or are going to college or even maybe have kids ( @Jupeyy do you have kids? hahahahahahahhahaha  ;D )

Just go and enjoy the beta of DBOG (if you are able to) and don't come here to write what the most of the ppl already think/know/believe. (that dbor is behind dbog) <--- which you can't know as i wrote above :P

Also: ONE PIECE FTW!! Tomorrow we'll see an epic Manga Chapter!!!
*click for original size*

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 02:43:57 AM »

Offline Zenshi

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
If you go on DBOG's site you will see the reasoning for a closed alpha, then an open alpha. They want to address any problems within the closed alpha before going through with an open one. They will release the open alpha soon I am sure of that. It's just like any other game it goes through stages before they release it.
Exactly Timid....Closed Alpha is for finding bugs. Lol

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 02:55:27 AM »
    • View Profile
ok ok ok....DBOG started the alpha now and all....so what? Did they win something now?  ??? Or will they win something for bringing back the game as the first ones?

It doesn't matter which one goes online first. It's all about the quality of the game. You can be as fast as you want but if the end result is shitty you kinda f*cked up^^ (not saying DBOG is bad!)

Before judging you all should wait until DBOR is ready. Good things need much time to be good when it's finished.

Well they do win in the sense that the majority of people waiting for dbo will go to them to play because they just want to play the game. They also will be receiving a lot more traffic and a fan base because of the fact that their version is already out. Not saying DBOR won't win anything but it's true that they are going to be seeing a lot more interest in the project than DBOR currently specifically because their version is playable now though still in the works obviously.

And it does kinda matter if you release it sooner rather than later because try as you might to fix all bugs. There is no guarantee when thousands of people are on your server things you didn't anticipate will occur. Cant release a perfect server from the go. So this temporarily gives DBOG an advantage over DBOR because they are finding all their problems now and are fixing them.

Naturally both versions need to be out to judge which is better. Me being around the DBO community since CB in Korea, it's ultimately going to come down to personal preference. Both servers will have pluses and minuses just like KR,HK, & TW. So at the end of the day it comes down to which community/server population do you prefer. Because for the most part content will be roughly the same.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 03:28:58 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Honestly, atm the moment since most of my attention was focused on Xenoverse and is now starting to shift to Smash Bros./Mario Kart 8 due to the new content coming and Donkey Kong 64 being on Virtual Console (already bought) is really going to hog my attention my interest in DBO is thin at best, so I really don't care which version comes out first. Suffice to say, I still have full confidence that the DBOR group will be able to release a stable client that we will all enjoy.

If anything, the problem/fear I have with the DBO emulators right now is what is going to happen after a while of being playable? Obviously DBOR will somewhat fix this by starting at the level 38 cap, but with DBOG going on to the level 70 cap it's only going to be a matter of time before people start getting tired of the current content and start demanding new content. That was the main problem with the original DBO before the servers got shut down. We went months without any new content and people eventually got sick of the game and left, and the fanbase being assholes to one another (at least in the TW version, don't know about the others) as well as the countless bugs present didn't help any. If either DBOR or DBOG become able to provide new content after the game reaches its peak before shutdown, than that will be fantastic.

My opinion about DBOR
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 03:35:09 AM »
    • View Profile
Honestly, atm the moment since most of my attention was focused on Xenoverse and is now starting to shift to Smash Bros./Mario Kart 8 due to the new content coming and Donkey Kong 64 being on Virtual Console (already bought) is really going to hog my attention my interest in DBO is thin at best, so I really don't care which version comes out first. Suffice to say, I still have full confidence that the DBOR group will be able to release a stable client that we will all enjoy.

If anything, the problem/fear I have with the DBO emulators right now is what is going to happen after a while of being playable? Obviously DBOR will somewhat fix this by starting at the level 38 cap, but with DBOG going on to the level 70 cap it's only going to be a matter of time before people start getting tired of the current content and start demanding new content. That was the main problem with the original DBO before the servers got shut down. We went months without any new content and people eventually got sick of the game and left, and the fanbase being assholes to one another (at least in the TW version, don't know about the others) as well as the countless bugs present didn't help any. If either DBOR or DBOG become able to provide new content after the game reaches its peak before shutdown, than that will be fantastic.

Completely agree. The main reason I'm looking forward to both versions is the nostalgia of it. But I definitely agree with what you are saying about content. That certainly was the downfall to DBO and it came down to funding. If either team could manage to add more content I'd gladly donate to improving and furthering the game beyond what was left behind from previous versions. Like Kamis lookout. I'd definitely pay to have a quest to go up there lol