[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Why the hate towards the new Super Saiyan forms?  (Read 20880 times)

Why the hate towards the new Super Saiyan forms?
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
It really bothers me that so many people (here and on Kanzenshuu for example) like to insult the new Super Saiyan forms that have appear in Battle of Gods and Revival of F. Why is that? Is it the power increase that bypasses fusion? The minor changes in appearance? What is it about these forms that you dislike so much?

I personally love these new forms, especially since they aren't exclusive to just Goku due to Vegeta gaining the forms in between movies as well. While they are powerful for sure, they still aren't enough for either Goku nor Vegeta to outclass Beerus and Whis so they don't put the two Saiyans in a position where they are the top dogs. Hell isn't it implied that Freeza's new transformation is slightly stronger than the "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" form? Finally, we get to see Goku and Vegeta be on a near equal level in power while having a transformation that doesn't require a machine to help you transform (as in Vegeta's case with SSJ4)
I also find the little changes in appearance to be appealing (unlike Super Saiyan 4). When you think about it really the lack of changes isn't a new concept to Super Saiyan forms. Level 1 makes hair stand up and turn yellow (along with eyebrows), Level 2 simply makes the hair more rigged, Level 3 makes the hair much longer while keeping the Level 1's flow style and (depending on what version you go for) gets rid of the eyebrows. While SSJ3 may be slightly more intense in appearance, it isn't overdone like Super Saiyan 4 where it completely alters the user's appearance. Really the only forms that I would consider "intense" in appearance is SSJ3, 2nd and 3rd Grade SSJ, and Legendary SSJ (although this one Akira merely provided drafts for while Toei did the final product). Hell even the Oozaru is a simple design; it's a giant monkey with a baboon-like head and blood red eyes. Seriously if you hate the forms because they're simple "recolors" than you might as well be hating on stuff like Golden Oozaru and such.

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:38:44 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I know a lot of people hate on the new form because of it's name... which admittedly is kinda silly. I mean "Super-Saiyajin God Super-Saiyajin?" It is pretty dorky sounding.

That said, the form itself isn't so terrible that it ruins lives or anything, and I think the people complaining about it tend to just be nit-picking. Heaven knows I've seen people complaining about it then praise stuff that's far more ridiculous.

Either that, or they're GT fanboys who can't get over the fact that GT is non-canon. :P

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:43:55 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Okay, I don't hate Super Saiyan God. I don't. What I don't like (read: don't like is different from hate) is the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan form. Why? It's not necessary. It's that simple.

Super Saiyan God, I get the purpose of the form. Golden Freeza? Yeah, it's a recolor, but it's also a recolor with a purpose. There's absolutely no point to having a different hair color when Goku goes Super Saiyan after his god power-up, though -- especially since we see him using Super Saiyan after it during Battle of Gods. Why bother? Why not just use an asspull excuse for the old god form to be used again? There was nothing wrong with it.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:46:54 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
It really bothers me that so many people (here and on Kanzenshuu for example) like to insult the new Super Saiyan forms that have appear in Battle of Gods and Revival of F. Why is that? Is it the power increase that bypasses fusion? The minor changes in appearance? What is it about these forms that you dislike so much?

I personally love these new forms, especially since they aren't exclusive to just Goku due to Vegeta gaining the forms in between movies as well. While they are powerful for sure, they still aren't enough for either Goku nor Vegeta to outclass Beerus and Whis so they don't put the two Saiyans in a position where they are the top dogs. Hell isn't it implied that Freeza's new transformation is slightly stronger than the "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" form? Finally, we get to see Goku and Vegeta be on a near equal level in power while having a transformation that doesn't require a machine to help you transform (as in Vegeta's case with SSJ4)
I also find the little changes in appearance to be appealing (unlike Super Saiyan 4). When you think about it really the lack of changes isn't a new concept to Super Saiyan forms. Level 1 makes hair stand up and turn yellow (along with eyebrows), Level 2 simply makes the hair more rigged, Level 3 makes the hair much longer while keeping the Level 1's flow style and (depending on what version you go for) gets rid of the eyebrows. While SSJ3 may be slightly more intense in appearance, it isn't overdone like Super Saiyan 4 where it completely alters the user's appearance. Really the only forms that I would consider "intense" in appearance is SSJ3, 2nd and 3rd Grade SSJ, and Legendary SSJ (although this one Akira merely provided drafts for while Toei did the final product). Hell even the Oozaru is a simple design; it's a giant monkey with a baboon-like head and blood red eyes. Seriously if you hate the forms because they're simple "recolors" than you might as well be hating on stuff like Golden Oozaru and such.

I think people honestly just hate that so many Super Saiyan levels exist for 'no reason'.
They could be many theories that make a lot of sense, as in SSJG being the original Super Saiyan, and was too unreliable and hard to achieve so the SSJG deevolved into a weaker form of itself. When you explain it like that, it dosen't sound so bad to people from experience.
I find it intriguing there are so many 'branches' as you say of Super Saiyan, as some reveal some of the origin of saiyans a little bit. Toryama once said that all of Dragon Ball connects, you just have to look. You know that the regular Super Saiyan isn't the real one because Vegeta when Beerus naughtyword slapped his wife, went 'stronger than a SSJ3' for moment. It's power fueled by rage and emotions, while The SSJG is fueled by achieving 'nirvana' which for the saiyans, is being pure hearted.

That being said, I enjoy that Vegeta can go Super Saiyan God and beyond, because it finally shows Vegeta is open to being good. He might of been good, but he would make some excuse up that he was still bad. Maybe this time Vegeta will leave his pride to become fully pure hearted.

Just my take on it, I know some of it was offtopic. Sorry OP.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 07:53:24 AM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 3
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
  • I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
  • I am a: Poko Priest
You should be more concerned about the fact that it bothers you, that people dare to have a different opinion...

The approach is fine. Same as it was for the golden great ape, but that hair color simply makes no sense at all. Red and yellow doesn't result in blue.  It's as stupid as Freeza's final form not benefiting from his training. He could instantly transform and still got rekt by Kaioken.

I also couldn't care less about GT not being canon. SSJ4 was refreshing to see after that blonde hair maniac abuse.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 08:00:27 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
You should be more concerned about the fact that it bothers you, that people dare to have a different opinion...

The approach is fine. Same as it was for the golden great ape, but that hair color simply makes no sense at all. Red and yellow doesn't result in blue.  It's as stupid as Freeza's final form not benefiting from his training. He could instantly transform and still got rekt by Kaioken.

I also couldn't care less about GT not being canon. SSJ4 was refreshing to see after that blonde hair maniac abuse.

Going off my theory again, GT treated SSJ4 as the 'real' Super Saiyan, as we see yet another Saiyan achieve a 'nirvana' to transform.
Goku did not have much trouble, but he still had internal conflict to settle to control his great ape.
Of course it was refreshing, they tried to reinvent Super Saiyan then, and they are trying to reinvent it now.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 08:01:35 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

I think BB is mostly annoyed because people don't really give a coherent reason for hating on the new forms. It's one thing to have an actual reason for disliking something, but hating an entire form just because it has a dumb name or has blue hair instead of gold is pretty ridiculous.

As for me, I actually don't have a problem with SSJ4 itself... I just hate the way it was managed (like much of GT). The whole thing with Old Kaioshin knowing about the form, despite not even really knowing what a Super-Saiyajin was in Z was dumb, and the whole magic pants thing was ridiculous (they couldn't have had a 5 second scene of someone tossing Goku a pair of pants?).

As for the new hair colors of SSJ, perhaps it's because red, blue, and yellow are all primary colors? That's my guess.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 08:11:26 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Go forth and blaze a path of overwhelming terror!!
Im fine with the new form, the name could be better tho xD

but i kinda dont agree with the color why the heck is it blue shouldn't it be like orange or something? or is it going like fire temp colors where blue is the hottest therefore its the strongest and maybe the last and final form ever?

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
I agree with @Kiyza ^^

Super Saiyan God Form from Battle of Gods was actually nice. It reminded me of Kaioken (which i like). Everything was fine.

But in the new Movie i hate it. As @Nia wrote, the name of the Transformation is stupid² (to me).
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan....why didn't they add "God" at the end again to complete the stupid name xDDDD (kidding)

Super Saiyan God itself is the transformation to me. Why would he go from SSJGod into SSJ again? It's like Goku transforms into SSJ and then does it again and changes the hair color...which brings me to another reason why i hate the new transformation.

Where the f*ck is this blue color coming from? SSJ God normal form has red hair. Ok cool...cuz as i wrote it reminds me on Kaioken. It's acceptable. Now he goes from SSJGod into SSJGodSSJ (dat name) and suddenly the hair turns blue...why?  ???
And what happens if he transforms into SSJGodSSJ2? Green Hair like Broly? And i'm sure at SSJGodSSJ3 he would have long rainbow colored hair...

They should've left it with the red color...looked better aaaand reminds on Kaioken so it's acceptable. This blue color thing goes too much into AF direction (in my opinion)

Since GT is non-cannon i mostly ignore that thing. But the Golden Oozaru Form was actually nice to see. A Saiyan transforms into an Oozaru and goes SSJ. This is ok. But i hate SSJ4! It looks stupid because of its colors. Where the f*ck does the red fur come from? He was f*cking GOLDEN! It should've had golden fur and golden Hair like all the SSJ transformations before! Posted this image in another thread before. This way SSJ4 would've looked muuuuuch better:

That's all i gotta say^^
I hate the new Form of the God transformation because of the stupid name and the stupid blue color which seems like to "just happened". Not to mention Frieza....looks like he wanted to become a SSJ too xD
Also looks like the race of Frieza must be a divine one...he just has to train for some time and *boooom* ...reached God powers...wondering if any of his ancestors ever trained too ...

But still gonna watch the Movie. And no...i'm not hating Akira. Just hating that DBZ gets milked to death just for money. I hope there won't be another movie after this...seriously....

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen is my opinion. Hope you had fun reading it  ;D ...if not, blame the new Transformation from Fukkatsu no F! hahahahaha ONE PIECE FTW!  8)
*click for original size*

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 08:23:41 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Seems like you guys are ignoring what I am trying to say, because I put a response to BB, I made that theory as a reason WHY new Super Saiyan forms are still relevent (actual lore behind them and give more info about the origin of saiyans and raise up questions for other theories) and not pulled out of Tori's ass like people seem to think. People don't like (any) new Super Saiyan forms because they are nostalgic one, or have strong opinions that anything over Super Saiyan 1 is naughtyword, OR like I said before, think that you can't get anything more out of Dragonball, and are pulling shit out of their ass.

I spend a while trying to come out with rebuttles, and you guys just end up talking about how important color is to the form itself.

Gee, thanks.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »

Offline Shiro

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse Dbo
  • ♫Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats♫
  • I am a: Karma Majin
All I'm gonna say is that the name is dumb. "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan"
Typocalypse Guild Master

To Join, Click Here: Typocalypse
ϟNo matter what, never give up!ϟ

My youtube channel  Typo youtube channel  Osu! Head Shot <3

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 08:28:16 AM »

Offline Silencer

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Be your unique color. I'm being mine.
  • I am a: Human

Well, the hair color doesn't really have to make sense. Maybe to you little things like simple color need to make sense but because it's Akira's mind, it doesn't. The intention was never for red and yellow to make blue. In fact, why would a combination of color idea ever come into existence while talking about this new transformation? No offense, but that doesn't make sense either. Super Saiyan is an early transformation and had to do with emotion and strength. Super Saiyan God was achieved through a special formation of pure hearted saiyans. The two forms have a great difference in power. For this reason it wouldn't make sense for this new transformation to have orange hair either. Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God have little connection.
Anyway, it's all Akira's creativeness here. Nothing as small as color needs to make sense. Now, if you were complaining about a plot hole or something significant, then that would make sense.   

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 08:31:22 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
I'm gonna be the weirdo here, and tbh, I actually like this change.   The name is a bit odd, but I like it as a whole.

One thing I liked about the SSJG design was how it actually made Goku thinner, and actually had more of a peaceful look than most of the other forms.

I get that same feeling with this blue form.  Admitted, I do sorta like the red better, but I also haven't seen Resurrection of F yet, so I can't really say for sure.  But I still get more of a peaceful feel with this form, similar to the original SSJG.  If you're upset because the color blue makes sense, then you're probably looking at this from the wrong angles, as DBZ as a whole is not 100% percent realistic, so it's not worth getting upset over a simple detail.

As for it being useless...dunno, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm not gonna make a judgement about that.  But from the pictures I've seen, I think it actually looks pretty cool.  That's just my opinion though. 8)
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
But still gonna watch the Movie. And no...i'm not hating Akira. Just hating that DBZ gets milked to death just for money. I hope there won't be another movie after this...seriously....

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen is my opinion. Hope you had fun reading it  ;D ...if not, blame the new Transformation from Fukkatsu no F! hahahahaha ONE PIECE FTW!  8)

And this is exactly what I was pointing out.
You talk about Dragon Ball getting milked, then praise One Piece.
One Piece is at least double the length of Dragon Ball, yet you claim DB is being milked? After it came back from what was essentially a 20 year break?

I can understand not liking the new form, or even disliking plot elements of FNF. But complaining about it's various asspulls, then mentioning a series that not only rips off Dragon Ball right down the the always hungry, dim-witted protagonist, and has had 0 plot or character development for 80+ volumes is very counter-productive to your argument.

Complaining about Goku's new form being odd in that he's SSJ God going SSJ is understandable. I get that.
Disliking Freeza reaching God-levels in 4 months makes sense, too (although, keep in mind, he was a mutation... but I will say 4 months does seems a bit short, even by Dragon Ball standards).

But complaining about milking a franchise that ended 20 years ago, then literally mentioning by name a series that's guilty of actually milking the storyline and ripping off another series? I don't get it.

I'm gonna be the weirdo here, and tbh, I actually like this change.   The name is a bit odd, but I like it as a whole.

One thing I liked about the SSJG design was how it actually made Goku thinner, and actually had more of a peaceful look than most of the other forms.

I get that same feeling with this blue form.  Admitted, I do sorta like the red better, but I also haven't seen Resurrection of F yet, so I can't really say for sure.  But I still get more of a peaceful feel with this form, similar to the original SSJG.  If you're upset because the color blue makes sense, then you're probably looking at this from the wrong angles, as DBZ as a whole is not 100% percent realistic, so it's not worth getting upset over a simple detail.

As for it being useless...dunno, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm not gonna make a judgement about that.  But from the pictures I've seen, I think it actually looks pretty cool.  That's just my opinion though. 8)

Now, that's actually an opinion that makes sense to me.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 08:58:47 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
That being said, I enjoy that Vegeta can go Super Saiyan God and beyond, because it finally shows Vegeta is open to being good. He might of been good, but he would make some excuse up that he was still bad. Maybe this time Vegeta will leave his pride to become fully pure hearted.

Call me a cynic, but I can't agree with the notion that a character who's literally worse than Hitler ould ever be considered "pure hearted".

As for the new hair colors of SSJ, perhaps it's because red, blue, and yellow are all primary colors? That's my guess.

The new form should have had orange hair because yellow and red make orange, not blue. Just my two cents. It would probably ease my complaints if it was clever like that.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Call me a cynic, but I can't agree with the notion that a character who's literally worse than Hitler ould ever be considered "pure hearted".

Exactly what I am saying to all those people saying DBZ is 'milked'

How DOES Vegeta become a SSJG? It entices people. New story opportunites.

Also, HOW exactly are the new movies milking when it's LITERALLY showing what happened in the 10 years between Buu and the end of Z.
To me it's just showing what happened in those ten years..

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »

Offline Morrison

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 0
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Still a long way to go~♪
I don't really don't like it, I'm just not a fan of the unneccesary Form. I find it rather hilarious, to be honest. XD
The transformation, along with Vegeta's new Outfit, simply remind me of the "alternate costumes" in DBZ Fighting Games.
The first thing I thought of when I saw SSGSS, was SSJ4 Gogeta's alternate Outfit from Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

It's SCARY how it resembles SSGSS. XD

I think, people wouldn't have such a problem with this new Form, if the Hair simply became a brighter white/goldish color, kind of like the Dai ni-dankai and Dai san-dankai Forms. It would've been easier to accept and it would've looked more like a "Mastered" Version of the SSJ Form.

Also one thing I just have to ask... Did you/anyone REALLY think, people would, after 24 Years simply accept a recolor as the new standard for the most powerful form? Then blue of all colors. Gold is where it's at. That's what People wanted, that's why you saw SO MUCH freakin' GoldSSJ4 Artworks before the BoG Movie.
Also you (BlazingBarrager) said a few times in another Thread, the other Design, which Toriyama rejected, was a Pseudo-SSJ3 Broly with Cape(?). That Design, even though I don't like the sound of it, would've been insanely popular. Just because it would've been, what Fans would've wanted. Toriyama once said, that Goku wouldn't go SSJ2 or 3 anymore after BoG, and would only focus on getting SSJ(1) stronger. I REALLY loved that Idea, because that's what I ALWAYS wanted. Stahp with the unneccesary Transformations, build up your goddamn Base Powerlevel so SSJ becomes stronger, you lazy bum. XD
(I really dislike Buu Saga for this Transformation/Fusion asspulling. xP)
Seeing the iconic golden SSJs go after all those years is just sad to me. Especially since there are no "competent" golden SSJs left. Gohan can barely use SSJ1, Goten and Trunks can't even do their Bedsheets without using Fusion... sooo... yeah. Awesome. =P
(My last hope are Pan and Bra! Come on, we finally need canon female Real Super Sands! =P)

The Name is IMO a little... Meh? Saiyajin God for the first form would've been enough. Then they could've called the new one Super Saiyajin God. That would've been better in my opinion. BUT THAT'S JUST-A-ME!

At the end of day, I think it's a Transformation that has to grow on people before it's widely accepted.

Nontheless I'm really hype for the new movie. I enjoyed BoG for its goofyness and noice fighting scenes and I hope they keep up the good work.
Who knows, maybe they'll start a new series? It would be the perfect Set-Up IMHO.
1st Movie: Dawn of a new Transformation.
2nd Movie: Training/Mastering the Transformation.
3rd  Movie / New Series based around these Transformations.
 :r_rightsmil:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:41:07 AM by Morrison »

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Not a bad example of good criticism. That being said, I'm not the one who mentioned that stuff about the original design (that was BB who mentioned that)... though, I am glad that such a ridiculous form was prevented from existing. XD

As for the canon female SSJ, DBO is still considered canon by most people who know about it, since it was written by Toriyama... who also did the character designs, and supposedly said that it is a direct sequel to Dragon Ball's ending.
I would like to see Pan get SSJ though... simply as a giant "SCREW YOU!" to GT.

Personally, I think they should make one more movie, which should kinda lead to the events in which DBO's history are made up of (stuff like Goku and Vegeta going off into space to settle their rivalry once and for all, for instance). I think that would be a great way of ending the series... for a second time. XD

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 09:50:03 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I don't really don't like it, I'm just not a fan of the unneccesary Form. I find it rather hilarious, to be honest. XD
To me, the transformation, along with Vegeta's new Outfit, simply reminds me of the "alternate costumes" in DBZ Fighting Games.
The first thing I thought of, was SSJ4 Gogeta's alternate Outfit from Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

It's SCARY how it resembles SSGSS. XD

I think, people wouldn't have such a problem with this new Form, if the Hair simply became a brighter white/goldish color, kind of like the Dai ni-dankai and Dai san-dankai Forms. It would've been easier to accept and it would've looked more like a "Mastered" Version of the SSJ Form.

Also one thing I just have to ask... Did you/anyone REALLY think, people would, after 24 Years simply accept a recolor as the new standard or the most powerful form? Then blue of all colors. Gold is where it's at. That's what People wanted, that's why you saw SO MUCH freakin' GoldSSJ4 Artworks before the BoG Movie.
Also you (BlazingBarrager) said a few times in another Thread, the other Design, which Toriyama rejected, was a Pseudo-SSJ3 Broly with Cape(?). That Design, even though I don't like the sound of it, would've been insanely popular. Just because it would've been, what Fans would've wanted. Toriyama once said, that Goku wouldn't go SSJ2 or 3 anymore after BoG, and would only focus on getting SSJ(1) stronger. I REALLY loved that Idea, because that's what I ALWAYS wanted. Stahp with the unneccesary Transformations, build up your goddamn Base Powerlevel so SSJ becomes stronger, you lazy bum. XD
(I really dislike Buu Saga for this Transformation/Fusion asspulling. xP)
Seeing the iconic golden SSJs go after all those years is just sad to me. Especially since there are no "competent" golden SSJs left. Gohan can barely use SSJ1, Goten and Trunks can't even do their Bedsheets without using Fusion... sooo... yeah. Awesome. =P
(My last hope are Pan and Bra! Come on, we finally need canon female Real Super Sands! =P)

The Name is IMO a little... Meh? Saiyajin God for the first form would've been enough. Then they could've called the new one Super Saiyajin God. That would've been better in my opinion. BUT THAT'S JUST-A-ME!

At the end of day, I think it's a Transformation that has to grow on people before it's widely accepted.

Nontheless I'm really hype for the new movie. I enjoyed BoG for its goofyness and noice fighting scenes and I hope they keep up the good work.
Who knows, maybe they'll start a new series? It would be the perfect Set-Up IMHO.
1st Movie: Dawn of a new Transformation.
2nd Movie: Training/Mastering the Transformation.
3rd  Movie / New Series based around these Transformations.
 :r_rightsmil:

Did you see me sub to you on youtube? I don't speak German, so I have no idea what your saying X3

I disagree about the new transformation. We don't know anything about it other than it's 'ssj in ssjg' The new transformation might be connected to an ancient story.. Also, look at my top posts about how I actually think the normal SSJ isn't the real one. Super Saiyan God is.
There could be lore-type elements about it giving us more info about the Saiyan race, because we know virtually next to nothing about the orgins of the Saiyans.

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »

Offline Morrison

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 0
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Still a long way to go~♪
Did you see me sub to you on youtube? I don't speak German, so I have no idea what your saying X3
Oh! Didn't see it, yet. Sorry. I'm hangin' around on Twitch atm. =P
Thanks for your subscribing, though.

I disagree about the new transformation. We don't know anything about it other than it's 'ssj in ssjg' The new transformation might be connected to an ancient story.. Also, look at my top posts about how I actually think the normal SSJ isn't the real one. Super Saiyan God is.
There could be lore-type elements about it giving us more info about the Saiyan race, because we know virtually next to nothing about the orgins of the Saiyans
I did read your posts and I think may have a point regarding its origin or what it really is, but since most people just hate/dislike it for its looks, I only commented about that. Also, what I have to say is, that its looks don't have anything to do with its origin. One could really like its origin/backstory but still dislike its look. =P
I, to be honest, don't think they'll go super deep into the lore of everything. All Transformations up to this point didn't have any deep lore behind them, they just had to look flashy and cool and were evolutions of the previous transformations.
We'll just have to wait and see what Toriyama has in store for us. >=]

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 10:26:47 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Oh! Didn't see it, yet. Sorry. I'm hangin' around on Twitch atm. =P
Thanks for your subscribing, though.
I did read your posts and I think may have a point regarding its origin or what it really is, but since most people just hate/dislike it for its looks, I only commented about that. Also, what I have to say is, that its looks don't have anything to do with its origin. One could really like its origin/backstory but still dislike its look. =P
I, to be honest, don't think they'll go super deep into the lore of everything. All Transformations up to this point didn't have any deep lore behind them, they just had to look flashy and cool and were evolutions of the previous transformations.
We'll just have to wait and see what Toriyama has in store for us. >=]

Super Saiyan God has a cool backstory, and Toriyama said 'this will be the most suprising movie yet'
We'll have to see!

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:26 AM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
Maybe someone already said this but I am going to say it anyway: I'd rather it would be called "Super Saiyan God 2" Yep I just said this without reading any replys here xD, But super saiyan god super saiyan is fine... Maybe it was a different name and we just transalated wrong :o
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
Read the whole thread and maybe "Hate" is too much of a strong word. Most people are declaring they just dislike the color and the name, not hate the transformation. I personally, feel meh about it.

Also, isn't this form just a regular SSJ transformation and the colors a result of Goku absorbing a little bit of the SSJG power? I see some of you saying he goes SSJG and then SSJ again.

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I think the reason for the blue color revolves around two things. First, it resembles stability. I believe the reason why SSJ God was red in color is because the form in itself is unstable, which when you think about it the color is used for a lot of things. I mean look at Kaio-Ken. It's a technique that can only be used for a few, short moments at a time. SSJ God follows that concept with the time limit issue, especially since Goku just got the form. It's like how Vegeta said Freeza's Ultimate Evolution was putting a lot of strain on him because he wasn't used to it. It also supports on what Beerus said about Goku's body "learning from the experience," although that didn't constitute actual control over the power itself hence why he went normal Super Saiyan as opposed to this new form while fighting Beerus.

The other thing about the color is how it's more closely related to Goku and Vegeta's base form aura as opposed to the regular Super Saiyan. I mean when you think about it the color of the hair is a lot similar to some character's auras and a lot of techniques like the Kamehameha which, regardless of what state you're in, remains the same color. It's also the same color as the aura that was transferred to Goku to go God Form in "Battle of Gods." As such, it's possible that the power from God form molded with Goku and Vegeta's base form to give their aura a bluer color and that they apply that power to their regular Super Saiyan forms, which overshadows the form's standard yellow color. I also believe the blue color is to show the results of mastering control over the God power, because how the hell would you be able to tell the difference between a normal Super Saiyan and one that utilizes God power.

As for the whole "pure heart" deal, Shenron said it required five "righteous hearts," not pure. Even Dende caught on to the wording when explaining what Shenron meant.

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I actually don't like any Super Saiyan form past the first one. I liked this rumor I got about Toriyama wanting to end the manga with Goku being the one and only "Legendary Super Saiyan". I think only 1 was cool enough and the fact that he just added numbers to the transformations to keep the series going is a little bit lame.

Don't get me wrong... (There's a bunch of Bleach spoilers incoming so I will place a spoiler thingie):

Spoiler for Hidden:
Those transformations are still amazing but I like it more when it's like in Bleach, where Ichigo learns Bankai and the Hollowification early in the anime and then he just gets stronger himself. I loved it how he just got stronger right before fighting Grimmjow (last fight) just because of his will to protect his friends. Also, in Fairy Tail (at least as far as I have seen), the characters have a set ammount of skills and abilities but they just get naughtyword stronger when the rest of their Guild Members are in danger.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:40:52 PM by Tofu »
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946