* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: Son Goku: Not as rightous as we think?  (Read 2283 times)

Son Goku: Not as rightous as we think?
« on: April 04, 2015, 10:58:18 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Recently, Rhymestyle released this video about our favorite hero Son Goku.

Normally this would appear as a bunch of opinions, but it actually isn't what you think. As it turns out Kanzenshuu had an archived interview of Toriyama from 1997, and what was interesting was how he revealed his dislike for Toei making Goku more of a hero than he was made to be. As it turns out, the only reason Goku did what he was so he can fight powerful warriors, and honestly the series really showed this. Letting Vegeta live? Wanted to fight him again. Letting Freeza power up to 100%? Wanted to fight him that way. And of course that whole scenario with him having Gohan fight Cell despite everyone's disagreement (and giving Cell a senzu bean to boot) while knowing full well that Gohan could be killed on the spot.

So yeah...thoughts about this?

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:03:35 AM »
    • View Profile
Yeah, goku is crazy for an epic fight, but he knew what he was doing on cell saga.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
I think Goku is just a crazy son of a naughtyword, my theory he is struggeling between his saiyan blood and his human part( raised like a human and living with them etc) the saiyan part wanna fight full potential enemies but his human part needs to save a world so he is in a dillema.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:11:30 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Go forth and blaze a path of overwhelming terror!!
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Yeah, goku is crazy for an epic fight, but he knew what he was doing on cell saga.
This

From a young age we knew goku has an obsession with battle,i noticed this especially in the broly movie, i mean what other reason could a guy who getting his ass pounded in but laugh like broly was throwing pillows at him, while everyone else(especially vegeta) was scared out of their minds.

he wants all the fights to be at their peaks he doesnt like 2 hitter quitters, fights like the one with nappa, the lower members of the ginyu force you could tell goku was bored, he didnt crack a smile once.

my memory about GT is hazy but im pretty sure goku was smiling during the final fight of GT when he stood almost no chance alone.

off topic....the ending of xenoverse.......did anyone else cringe when goku said "oopsy daisy"?

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Was he? I mean yeah he knew that Gohan could beat Cell if he used his hidden potential, but that didn't stop him from being completely selfish by disregarding the fact his son didn't enjoy fighting like he did as well as being fully aware Gohan could and would get killed. Piccolo even called him out on that.

I think Goku is just a crazy son of a popo, my theory he is struggeling between his saiyan blood and his human part( raised like a human and living with them etc) the saiyan part wanna fight full potential enemies but his human part needs to save a world so he is in a dillema.
Not really. I mean if he wanted to he could have killed Fat Buu on the spot with SSJ3, but he wanted the boys to do it. Same with Freeza. He could have killed him on the spot, but instead wanted to fight him at 100%. He even disregarded King Kai's plan and wanted to stay on Namek just so he could continue fighting Freeza. Oh, and there's the Cell example I used above.

Either way, Toei is actually responsible for making Goku appear more righteous and such than what Toriyama originally made him out to be.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I think Goku is just a crazy son of a naughtyword, my theory he is struggeling between his saiyan blood and his human part( raised like a human and living with them etc) the saiyan part wanna fight full potential enemies but his human part needs to save a world so he is in a dillema.

He did want to protect Earth and his friends and he worked hard for that because that's how he was raised. He liked to fight strong enemies because of his Saiyan pride too so he put at risk the planet he wanted to protect multiple times just to see if he can beat the strongest enemy.

Pretty much what @Bardock said in different words.

I think all of this is stated at some point in the series though.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
He did want to protect Earth and his friends and he worked hard for that because that's how he was raised. He liked to fight strong enemies because of his Saiyan pride too so he put at risk the planet he wanted to protect multiple times just to see if he can beat the strongest enemy.

Pretty much what @Bardock said in different words.

I think all of this is stated at some point in the series though.

its actually stated around the saiyan saga, and again when goku goes SSJ for the first time, he old everyone that he couldn't control what he wanted, his pride wouldn't let him run away from frieza, not when they were both at their max.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 11:18:07 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
Was he? I mean yeah he knew that Gohan could beat Cell if he used his hidden potential, but that didn't stop him from being completely selfish by disregarding the fact his son didn't enjoy fighting like he did as well as being fully aware Gohan could and would get killed. Piccolo even called him out on that.
Not really. I mean if he wanted to he could have killed Fat Buu on the spot with SSJ3, but he wanted the boys to do it. Same with Freeza. He could have killed him on the spot, but instead wanted to fight him at 100%. He even disregarded King Kai's plan and wanted to stay on Namek just so he could continue fighting Freeza. Oh, and there's the Cell example I used above.

Either way, Toei is actually responsible for making Goku appear more righteous and such than what Toriyama originally made him out to be.
This bugs me though why give other peple a chance why you want to test your limits, like when cyber frieza came to earth he could of IT to earth and test his power again against frieza but he didnt, why though?
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
This bugs me though why give other peple a chance why you want to test your limits, like when cyber frieza came to earth he could of IT to earth and test his power again against frieza but he didnt, why though?

to be honest i don't think goku likes to be the center of attention, or he atleast want others to ge a shot at the enemy.

either that or....he is sadistic as fk

though goku told trunks he would have IT'd the moment shet got hairy. so maybe he isnt sadistic.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 11:22:50 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
I thought it was pretty obvious Goku's not supposed to be a righteous hero. Also, I find it funny people are questioning it. Even if they did "hero him up" in the anime somewhat, it's really nowhere near as obvious as it is in the English dub, where they turned him into a generic Superman-wannabe.

A lot of people think that he's showing mercy when he doesn't want to kill someone, but most of the time, he just wants to fight them again (or in Freeza's case, he just wanted to humiliate him). After all, it's been shown that he won't hesitate to kill when necessary (remember how he punched a hole through Piccolo Daimao's chest?).
He neglects his family constantly, and isn't the kind of person who cares about any kind of justice on anything more than a personal scale.

Even if he got a little more heroic in the Japanese version of the anime, it's still nowhere near as bad as his cliche'd "hope of the universe" speech from the dub.

Goku himself even acknowledged this once, right before he died during the Cell arc. Something along the lines of "Tell your mother I'm sorry. I've always done as I wanted selfishly without thinking about anyone else."
Now, that's not to say Goku doesn't care. He does. As Kame'senin put it: "A part of him does want to save them, certainly. But what it really is, is that he's excited to face an ever stronger opponent."

So, yeah... Goku's just kinda a happy, child-like doofus.

off topic....the ending of xenoverse.......did anyone else cringe when goku said "oopsy daisy"?
Which is why I switch to the Japanese audio. Too bad I'm still stuck with the bad subtitles. XD

He DID use it to return to Earth. Just not in this timeline, because he sensed Trunks intervening. Trunks mentions how Goku arrived and killed Freeza and his father in his timeline.

either that or....he is sadistic as fk
Likeliest scenario. XD

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
so goku is half rightious half not?

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:53 AM »
    • View Profile
This

From a young age we knew goku has an obsession with battle,i noticed this especially in the broly movie, i mean what other reason could a guy who getting his ass pounded in but laugh like broly was throwing pillows at him, while everyone else(especially vegeta) was scared out of their minds.

he wants all the fights to be at their peaks he doesnt like 2 hitter quitters, fights like the one with nappa, the lower members of the ginyu force you could tell goku was bored, he didnt crack a smile once.

my memory about GT is hazy but im pretty sure goku was smiling during the final fight of GT when he stood almost no chance alone.

yeeeah, and in xenoverse when u fight goku and he is close to death he says something like: "even being dangerous, this fight still a lot of fun to me".

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

More like, he wants to beat up someone, but if he happens to save his friends in the process, that's cool too.

yeeeah, and in xenoverse when u fight goku and he is close to death he says something like: "even being dangerous, this fight still a lot of fun to me".

He pretty much said the same thing while fighting Vegeta the first time.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
This is actually the whole reason i like goku, he shows zero mental growth over the years, yet his physical growth is on the level of gods now.

however most of the reason i think goku is like this is due to his heritage and the fact that as a child he took MMMMAAAYYYYYJJJJJOOOOORRRRR damage to the skull as a X month old baby. its safe to say goku is "different" due to this but since he is a saiyan i was as bad.

basically like someone said before goku is battlig with himself: what he would have been, a war crazy monkey-soldier with a love for battle and what he is now a earthling with something to protect and people that care about him.

I thought it was pretty obvious Goku's not supposed to be a righteous hero. Also, I find it funny people are questioning it. Even if they did "hero him up" in the anime somewhat, it's really nowhere near as obvious as it is in the English dub, where they turned him into a generic Superman-wannabe.

A lot of people think that he's showing mercy when he doesn't want to kill someone, but most of the time, he just wants to fight them again (or in Freeza's case, he just wanted to humiliate him). After all, it's been shown that he won't hesitate to kill when necessary (remember how he punched a hole through Piccolo Daimao's chest?).
He neglects his family constantly, and isn't the kind of person who cares about any kind of justice on anything more than a personal scale.

Even if he got a little more heroic in the Japanese version of the anime, it's still nowhere near as bad as his cliche'd "hope of the universe" speech from the dub.

Goku himself even acknowledged this once, right before he died during the Cell arc. Something along the lines of "Tell your mother I'm sorry. I've always done as I wanted selfishly without thinking about anyone else."
Now, that's not to say Goku doesn't care. He does. As Kame'senin put it: "A part of him does want to save them, certainly. But what it really is, is that he's excited to face an ever stronger opponent."

So, yeah... Goku's just kinda a happy, child-like doofus.
Which is why I switch to the Japanese audio. Too bad I'm still stuck with the bad subtitles. XD

He DID use it to return to Earth. Just not in this timeline, because he sensed Trunks intervening. Trunks mentions how Goku arrived and killed Freeza and his father in his timeline.
Likeliest scenario. XD

oh yeah i remember trunks regretting killing frieza after goku told him about the yardrat tech.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 11:35:38 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
This is actually the whole reason i like goku, he shows zero mental growth over the years, yet his physical growth is on the level of gods now.

however most of the reason i think goku is like this is due to his heritage and the fact that as a child he took MMMMAAAYYYYYJJJJJOOOOORRRRR damage to the skull as a X month old baby. its safe to say goku is "different" due to this but since he is a saiyan i was as bad.

Actually, Toriyama retconned a lot of that. Goku would have just been more vicious, and a little less child-like.
Remember, his parents were actually depicted as caring about him in Dragon Ball Minus. That's not to say Bardock wasn't a murderer, and Goku himself attacked the first human he saw (namely Son Gohan), but it did nerf the violent side quite a bit...

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 08:08:09 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Still showed how he was more like his father than his mother (unlike Gohan, who was the other way around). Very funny when you think about it.

Gine: *sees how Goku turned out* naughtyword this I'm making his first kid more like me. *Gohan is born* Yay!

Bardock: Dammit Gine! D:

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
IMO, from not having seen the anime at all and growing up with the manga series, the manga it kinda shows both.  There's a side of Goku of which he cares about people and want to help them, and yet he also just really loves to fight.  There are times where it's mentioned that Goku just wants to leave them alive to fight another day, but there's other times where he specifically has the Earth in mind: for example, when he holds back against the fight against Fat Buu in the hopes that the younger generation can protect Earth without him. 

Not to mention the multiple times it mentions his pure heart, and that's in both the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z manga.  He loves to fight, but I think his intentions are still mostly pure.  Heck, one time an evil dracula-like thing tried to make him explode through the evil and his heart, and he wasn't able to find a smudge of wickedness on Goku.

I wouldn't say he isn't stupid, and I don't think he necessarily tries to be a hero either.  He's focused on improving himself and becoming the best fighter he possibly can.  Heck, there's this quote from Vegeta during end of DBZ, when Goku's fighting against Kid Buu.

"I think I see at last...why I could never beat you.  I thought it was because you had people to protect.  I thought that desire created some unfathomable power in you.  But I have the same desire now. I have others to protect and yet...I still fight to win...to enjoy it...to kill enemies...to puff up my pride.  Not you.  You've never fought to win.  You fight to better yourself!  To push your limits!  That's why you never killed your enemies...why you refused to kill me.  As if you knew all along I would learn to have a soul.  I should hate you!  A Saiyan who loves to fight- AND is kind!? 
Good luck Kakarrot...you are the champion!!!"

Here's my final thought.  I've never seen the anime, so I have no idea how that portrays him.  All I know is that the manga portrays him still somewhat as a hero.  No, he's not completely focused on saving everyone.  He mainly focused on improving his own and other's fighting skills, in the hopes of making himself and others stronger.  However, he also has a good heart, and is willing to put his life on the line even in dangerous situations.  In the fight against Majin Vegeta, he puts OFF the fight in order to prevent Majin Buu from causing too much damage, so you can't act like he's a complete power monger.  But anyways, that's just my opinion. 8)

We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 02:42:27 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Not to mention the multiple times it mentions his pure heart, and that's in both the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z manga.  He loves to fight, but I think his intentions are still mostly pure.  Heck, one time an evil dracula-like thing tried to make him explode through the evil and his heart, and he wasn't able to find a smudge of wickedness on Goku.

In the case of having a "pure heart", Toriyama states that it's simply his pure intention to become stronger. It's not so much that he's got a pure "good" heart, so much as he's a child-like doofus with a single focused, pure goal.

From a quote of Toriyama (and translated as usual by Kanzenshuu):
At any rate, I wanted him to have the sense of being that rare guy who seeks only “to become stronger than before”, so much so that it feels like “there’s no one as pure as this person”. And while he does end up saving everyone as a result of that, he himself at least has a very pure sincerity about “wanting to become stronger”. What I wanted to depict the most was the sense that he might not be a good guy at all, although he does do good things as a result.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 08:24:22 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
If there's one thing that greatly annoys me about Goku is how he doesn't care one bit about his own family (Raditz, Bardock, and Gine). I mean yeah Raditz didn't exactly had a good impression when he came to get his brother, but to not care about them in the slightest because of looking down on them while thinking they are blood thirsty murderers (not exactly wrong there either when it comes to his father and brother XD) angers me. This is especially after he gave Piccolo, Vegeta, and freaken Freeza of all people a second chance (or at least tried with Freeza, but we all know how that turned out). Oh, and adding salt to the wound is this is after his parents sent him to Earth to save him from Freeza (Dragonball Minus). Makes me want to punch him in the face every time I hear him mistake Bardock for Oolong/Puar in Xenoverse. You'd think someone like King Kai would tell him about what Bardock and Gine did, but apparently not.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:32 AM »

Offline Canti

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
its safe to say king kai isnt on the ball all the time he probably saw it but king kai is usually bias in all things affecting the universe. i dont even think king kai knows thats Kakarrot or that Bardock even had a son. even tho it happened around one of the greatest planetary disasters in DBZ rivaling planet namek before, Piccolo Sr. left it.

i mean no one noticed goku, frieza didnt, cooler ignored it, i think brolly is realted to this too but i havent really payed attention to brolly's lore/history.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
King Kai knew about how dangerous Vegeta and Nappa were so chances are he knew a lot about the Saiyans. I'm sure he also knew about Goku's origin, but didn't bring it up simply because he wasn't asked (filler doesn't count). As for Freeza not noticing Goku, that was kinda the whole point of Bardock and Gine sending him to Earth.

Also, Cooler and Broli aren't canon so they don't count either.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
King Kai knew about how dangerous Vegeta and Nappa were so chances are he knew a lot about the Saiyans. I'm sure he also knew about Goku's origin, but didn't bring it up simply because he wasn't asked (filler doesn't count). As for Freeza not noticing Goku, that was kinda the whole point of Bardock and Gine sending him to Earth.

Also, Cooler and Broli aren't canon so they don't count either.

Kaiosama never seemed to suggest that he knew Freeza destroyed the Saiyajin race, or anything like that. He just seemed to be aware of the Saiyajin's reputation somewhat, and upon personally checking on Vegeta and Nappa, learned they were more powerful than him.

I'm pretty sure Kaiosama wouldn't have bothered worrying about Bardock or Gine, especially since he didn't care who Goku was until he arrived on Kaiosama's planet.

Heck, the dude slept through most of the Cell arc until Goku woke him up to find out where the Namekians migrated to.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 12:14:26 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Geez the gods in this universe sure can be jerks. lol

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
If there's one thing that greatly annoys me about Goku is how he doesn't care one bit about his own family (Raditz, Bardock, and Gine).

Well, primarily he never cared about his parents because he didn't know they existed until he already had a family of his own to care about. All his friends, and he grew up with his adoptive grandpa. And when he was vaguely mentioned or told that he had a saiyan father and mother was when he met his brother, another saiyan who injured his best friend as soon as he got close and kidnapped his son with the premise he would kill him unless Goku came back with Raditz. I'm pretty sure that would give anyone a feeling of shame and disgust about his roots and drive them away from trying to learn. He probably thought his father and mother were as vicious as Raditz (who actually were).

Now, we can all agree that Goku is mostly just fighting for his selfish desire of strength and Earth casually gets saved in the process. It's not like he's entirely stupid or doesn't care, since he does care about protecting his friends, family and innocent people.

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Parts that troubled me:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Goku's laughing when he saw Janemba
Goku's lack of care for Chi-Chi's death
Goku's lack of thirst for Saiyan knowlege
Goku's lack of care for his parents
Goku's infinite cockiness and laziness (not going ssj when he should)
Goku's bad parenting
Goku's alienation from reality (School, Work, ect.)
GOKU LETTING HIS GRAND DAUGHTER ENTER A TOURNAMENT
Goku's relationship with Chi-Chi Gohan and Goten VS Vegeta's relationship with Bulma, Trunks and Bulla

I realised that every main opponent in Dragon Ball Z, Goku always asked for/tried to get another fight.
He let Vegeta go
He made Frieza Power Up AND offered him energy
He allowed Cell to fight his son and pretty much watched the fight as a big game
He said while murdering Buu " I wish that one day you can come back again so we can fight " (or something to the sort)

My main problem was the Janemba movie, as much as it is non-canon... His reaction... he seemed extremely happy, in a scary way... He found boundless pleasure pretty much seeing Jenemba and preparing to fight him.
Also as said, the lack of care for his family... He felt no remorse in leaving Gohan for years. He was not enraged by gohan's clobbering but instead by Krillen's death. He never got angry because his wife was turned into an egg. Goten also grew up without a father... I wonder why he didn't revive Son Gohan  when he could? He sacrificed his son for more fun vs cell... In broly's second comming, he allowed Goten, Gohan, Videl and Trunks to take such a huge beating, and only appeared for a minute or so to assist in a Kamehameha. I mean really... Vegeta shows so much more care for his kids! Vegeta... the cold hearted saiyan who once came to destroy the world he now protects.

On the topic of Vegeta, he is more of a "good guy" than Goku really... He's just under-powered and wasted most of his time competing... But from since the Freiza Saga ended, he became a good person, only looking evil due to his huge ego and saiyan cockiness... He was consumed by Babidi and tried to murder Goku, but eventually realized he was wrong and repented.. He really also suffered from a bad self-esteem. Every time his Power was needed by either Goku was present or he was facing a stronger opponent (Freiza and Broly) He would become depressed and stop fighting really. But especially in GT and Battle of the Gods, he stood up for his family, and never let them get hurt.  (it is reflected in trunks)

All in all, i think Goku's head bump as a child just made him sooo crazy, he never mentally matures, showing the selfishness and excitement of a child. And the crying when Krillen hit him with a rock. He does protect what he loves, but abuses the power of the dragon balls by not caring when someone is going to die because he can revive them. He also neglects dangers when dead like vs Janemba. He seems to be "wise" in the fact that he never interferes with battles where he is not needed.

BUT let's not forget the alternative universes... Maybe in the others, Goku's true colours are really shown.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:17:37 PM by DelmoonXz »