You're all nutcases. But it's cool that MC is still running strong. :candy:
  • September 18, 2017, 04:11:35 AM
    :r_flame:
  • September 16, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
    pfff.... [link]
  • September 16, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
    :kappa:
  • September 16, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
    MarineCorps > Forum Guild with main goal, trolling and taking over the Forum. Final Boss is Monkey Dead Luffy! Will they rape that boss, or will Boss rape them! Stay with us in next episode of Dead Balls of Z!!!
  • September 14, 2017, 10:03:29 PM
    :smugdbo:
  • September 14, 2017, 10:36:20 AM
    :))
  • September 13, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
    :youth:
  • September 13, 2017, 04:20:30 PM
    :paleman:
  • September 13, 2017, 05:04:44 AM
    MarineCorps FTW. DOWN WITH THE TSAR!!!!
  • September 13, 2017, 04:33:16 AM
    yeaaa, no...i'm here. So taking over is against human nature....
  • September 13, 2017, 04:11:31 AM
    WE TOOK OVER
  • September 13, 2017, 04:11:28 AM
    WE DID IT GUYS
  • September 13, 2017, 04:11:23 AM
    >MarineCorps is the majority of active English forum memberes
  • September 13, 2017, 03:23:31 AM
    [link] Guys I think we should perma-ban Tofu :/
  • September 11, 2017, 01:29:54 AM
    And then Half-Life 3 will release! That's why Kim Jong Un is in that picture you linked!
  • September 10, 2017, 07:20:23 AM
    it's all real...Trump will start nuclear war with north korea which will make other nations go crazy too. After everything is over, that panem sh*t will happen to us xD
  • September 10, 2017, 07:18:21 AM
    if you mix that with the latest "fashion" from the Paris Fashion week you get that Panem style from Hunger Games
  • September 10, 2017, 07:16:46 AM
    have y'all seen that wavy eyebrow trend?

Topic: What Would Happen If You're Hit By A Kamehameha  (Read 3405 times)

What Would Happen If You're Hit By A Kamehameha
« on: March 29, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Hidden:
You'd be deader than dead.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:53:35 PM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Pfft.... I'd live

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:02 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Pfft.... I'd live
Our reality says otherwise.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
My question is why did goku kamehameha'ed patrick star.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Dang...I always wondered what was so special about that energy attack in particular, but seeing how it made characters weak as freaking Master Roshi to have that much firepower, I can certainly see it's unique nature.  Very cool.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
This guy tries to approach this scientifically, but he makes his fair share of misconceptions and assumptions. We don't know Gogeta's strength as expressed in any numerical form. To say that he has the strength of a supernova is a baseless assumption. All of the information about his attack, in fact, is based on the mechanics of a supernova, which is an explosion, and therefore goes in all directions, bringing death and destruction to everything within a few light years at about a tenth the speed of light. Ki in Dragon Ball does not work in the same way as a supernova, as evidenced by the fact that there's (usually) an Earth left when characters fight in the first place. I mean, you'd still die, and you'd still probably get atomized, but this guy doesn't really know what he's talking about and passes it off as scientific.

The entire thing is actually made in a format that reminds me of this Vsauce video (inb4 obnoxious Superman comments), though this one doesn't seem to be particularly well-researched.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »
    • View Profile
    • Pikachu's Guild Website
  • Pikachu's Guild Master
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I think it's actually a really awesome technique
Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
-Og Mandino

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 02:15:41 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Scientifically Speaking:
Kamehameha is a skill used in an anime thus making it worthless for any of us to worry about and argue  on how it would affect us.

It would be a lot better to use your time trying to find a cure for cancer, or the common cold or even world hunger as opposed to worrying about which Kamehameha and DBZ power theories are "correct"

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Scientifically Speaking:
Kamehameha is a skill used in an anime thus making it worthless for any of us to worry about and argue  on how it would affect us.

It would be a lot better to use your time trying to find a cure for cancer, or the common cold or even world hunger as opposed to worrying about which Kamehameha and DBZ power theories are "correct"

Heaven forbid people have a discussion about a work of fiction. I mean, isn't that the point of this entire site? I don't think anyone on this site has the scientific know-how to work on a cure for cancer or the common cold, or the political power to work on the issue of world hunger. You couldn't really "cure" the common cold anyway, unless we worked out a way to destroy viruses entirely, since the cold virus comes from so many different strains and vaccinating for such a minor ailment is pointless.

Also, I'd really love to know how knowledge of physics is going to help someone out with biology, which is what cancer and the cold are a part of. World hunger is an issue not for scientists, but politicians, economists, and big business, since we already have the food to feed the world, but not a way to properly get it to where it needs to be.

Standing on this moral high ground is asinine, pointless, and hypocritical. How about you work on some of those things yourself instead of wasting your time talking about a silly video game on a site for it?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
The entire thing is actually made in a format that reminds me of this Vsauce video (inb4 obnoxious Superman comments), though this one doesn't seem to be particularly well-researched.
Nice hyperlink.

The kamehameha is weird. It seems like some sort of focused heatwave, but it doesn't affect clothes or the environment as if it was heat. Ki is 2hard4me to describe.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:13 PM »

Offline yhoho555

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Game Of Thrones :3
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I would be alive 100%...
Easy as pie :3

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 10:20:43 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
This guy tries to approach this scientifically, but he makes his fair share of misconceptions and assumptions. We don't know Gogeta's strength as expressed in any numerical form. To say that he has the strength of a supernova is a baseless assumption. All of the information about his attack, in fact, is based on the mechanics of a supernova, which is an explosion, and therefore goes in all directions, bringing death and destruction to everything within a few light years at about a tenth the speed of light. Ki in Dragon Ball does not work in the same way as a supernova, as evidenced by the fact that there's (usually) an Earth left when characters fight in the first place. I mean, you'd still die, and you'd still probably get atomized, but this guy doesn't really know what he's talking about and passes it off as scientific.

I can definitely agree with you on this in terms of the research, but I think that we can all agree that getting hit by even the weakest of Kames will kill a human being in seconds.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 10:50:45 AM »

Offline Aethelred

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Just trying to figure out my gender
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gohan's kamehameha destroyed Cell on an atomic level. I can't remember anything that can destroy atoms in this universe. Altering them and make them into different elements. So, I pretty much think I would block it, make some kind of epic badass one-liner, and then die. And don't tell me I wouldn't have time to come up with said one-liner! There's always time to be badass
Am I allowed to be an edgy emo teen girl even though I'm a male adult?

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
  • I am a: Majin
I think she means what would happen if we where hit irl with no powers and the answer to that is
Spoiler for Hidden:
We would all die
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 12:11:53 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Primarily we would die.

BUT if Kamehameha was a achieved by a human, the world will quickly know and begin to fight back, getting stronger, faster, bigger, better!  So just as conventional power raised in DBZ, it would also happen like this to us. So kamehameha would merely be able to severely burn the regular ones.

Another observation, the Kamehameha took Roshi several years to perfect, he being a superhuman. Goku's is out of the question because of his supersaiyan abilities and strengths. Saying that humans were to practice it, it would be in a very dioluted form even when achieved.. so useless, it would barely be able to cleanly penetrate a rock. Now Roshi had a power-level of 100 (?) and was able to destroy a ship. We start at 5. Roshi's muscle mass is huge compared to the average bodybuilder, and is extremely hard to achieve. We could not even reach to roshi's level. I can try comparing this to Rashengan from Naruto. At the beginning he could barely burst and air balloon, then he got to water balloons, then he achieved creating the rashengan. When he 1st achieved it, he needed assistance just to fire it up, then to attack, it barely did some huge wind twirls. Over time it was able to make huge craters thanks to Naruto's new-found superhuman power, the same could go for Kamehameha.

1st would come some heat, and maybe wind.
Then some light along with the rest.
Then a visible laser
Then an actual Kamehameha...
----This is almost going to take forever to reach---

Now lets not hop over to the Catastrophic Damage of the Kamehameha's done post Dragon Ball. These are done by beings with Nuclear power, which we can't have... But to say some dimensional rift brought even Goten to do a Kamehameha, heck, we would be vaporized in seconds.

One more thing to think about, damage to ourselves.
Just as the lightning element could easily kill people in Avatar if used wrong, or not by someone skillful, so would go for the Kamehameha. Say we charged it up, the heat from it alone would burn our skin right off our hands. This would make it uncomfortable, or dangerous, causing either a malnourished Beam or a worthless beam, so if a human was to even master the wave instantly... he would kill himself without wiping out all of a small island.

AND the energy drain, that can lead to death from exhaustion without a doubt. This death is not only inevitable, but it is assured by any human using Kamehameha.

(i think i strayed too much)

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 12:30:02 PM »

Offline joamisgod

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
  • Bawlin'
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
*If i was hit by a Kamehameha

"It'll be the end of all of us, NOOOOOOOO!"

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »

Offline Mirrow

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Mirrow......Saiyan of Legend.......MC's Finest!
  • I am a: Fighter
I think it would depend on how strong the Kame blast is, and who is blasting it! If it's not much energy put into it then the blast may do damage but it may not kill you.
GUILD MARINE CORPS RECRUITING!!! PM  Mirrow (Me) or Jaryan TO JOIN!

What Would Happen If You\'re Hit By A Kamehameha
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »

Offline SSJGGoku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Sir, Finishing This Fight.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
DODGE!!!  ::)

*If i was hit by a Kamehameha

"It'll be the end of all of us, NOOOOOOOO!"
This made me laugh so much xD Future Trunks ftw!!

Special thanks to Kaiza for this awesome sig!

What Would Happen If You\'re Hit By A Kamehameha
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »

Offline Mirrow

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Mirrow......Saiyan of Legend.......MC's Finest!
  • I am a: Fighter
DODGE!!!  ::)

This made me laugh so much xD Future Trunks ftw!!

LoL IKR! XD
GUILD MARINE CORPS RECRUITING!!! PM  Mirrow (Me) or Jaryan TO JOIN!

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 05:39:39 PM »
    • View Profile