• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Nintendo announces a new game platform  (Read 2894 times)

Nintendo announces a new game platform
« on: March 21, 2015, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
In this interview Nintendo announced a new game platform with the codename NX, but besides of the codename, there isn't more information until the next year. They also talked about the development, along with DeNA, of smartphones games.
So, what do you think about this? I think it may be an hybrid device like it says in this article:
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-nx-analysis/

Made by Kaiza.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Calling it now. The new Ninty platform is going to be a tablet-like device oriented toward gaming. It will probably have two screens, similar to the Wii U's gamepad and screen and 3DS and this will be used to port the games from those systems as well as the original DS. Buttons and such are going to be included, unlike normal tablets, and it's going to retain a stylus-based touch screen.

What they have mentioned about this system sounds very promising to me. I spend a lot of my time gaming at home, but I generally prefer handheld systems just because of the ease of access. This would also help big time when it comes to playing games with friends. Not to mention, just imagine what Pokemon is going to be like now that it'll probably be developed for a dual home and portable system...

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »

Offline iCpryde

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 20 / 1
    • View Profile
    • The Union Dance Crew
  • The Uprise is coming!
Very interesting, I like the 3DS but I think Nintendo needs to make more powerful hardware to allow their systems to become a more used multi platform. I know Nintendo wants to stick to gaming but people don't want to carry multiple devices around with them, they want just one to do everything.

If Nintendo can make a good app store and continue developing to allow 3rd party apps like youtube, twitch ect become available on top of continuing to make great games I think you will have more people enticed to pick up the system and buy more games.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:29:38 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
naughtyword you Nintendo, I just bought my 3DS like one year ago and I haven't bought a Wii U yet! Don't go releasing more stuff please.

I don't really want the Wii U but man that Zelda U looks amazing!

Calling it now. The new Ninty platform is going to be a tablet-like device oriented toward gaming. It will probably have two screens, similar to the Wii U's gamepad and screen and 3DS and this will be used to port the games from those systems as well as the original DS. Buttons and such are going to be included, unlike normal tablets, and it's going to retain a stylus-based touch screen.

I was going to call this too. I haven't tried the Wii U yet so I don't know it's visual quality but, if it's not as good as the PS3/Xbox 360, I call it's gonna be as good as those (or even PS4/Xbox One, depending on when it's released) just to get beaten again in quality a few years later by Sony and Microsoft :). I'm a Nintendo guy but we gotta admit that Nintendo sucks in graphics :P.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
naughtyword you Nintendo, I just bought my 3DS like one year ago and I haven't bought a Wii U yet! Don't go releasing more stuff please.

Nintendo is usually good about having backwards compatibility with its systems. Every major handheld (barring the DSi, and I think the Game Boy Micro?) has had it to some extent and the last few home consoles have had it as well. If this is meant to replace both of them, which seems to be the case, it'll give you ample time to save up for the system.

I was going to call this too. I haven't tried the Wii U yet so I don't know it's visual quality but, if it's not as good as the PS3/Xbox 360, I call it's gonna be as good as those (or even PS4/Xbox One, depending on when it's released) just to get beaten again in quality a few years later by Sony and Microsoft :). I'm a Nintendo guy but we gotta admit that Nintendo sucks in graphics :P.

This is very unlikely for a variety of reasons. The hardware used to make the PS4 and Xbox One actually result in a net loss for the company with every system sold. They make money on their software, not their hardware. Nintendo systems are more affordable than its competitors due to a lower price point and they turn a profit with each system sold as well. Manufacturing costs would increase if they had the same hardware as the competing systems, which would require a higher price point to be in the black. I can't see them raising the price beyond $350 since this is a mobile platform and I honestly expect that this will be in the $250-300 range because of that. 

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Nintendo is usually good about having backwards compatibility with its systems. Every major handheld (barring the DSi, and I think the Game Boy Micro?) has had it to some extent and the last few home consoles have had it as well. If this is meant to replace both of them, which seems to be the case, it'll give you ample time to save up for the system.

I was told the Wii U can't play Wii games though.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus

Well they were wrong, because you can.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 04:24:14 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Born to be handsome
I'll stick to my PC and my smartphone thank you
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:27:18 PM by tieuquaisonic1460 »
Born to be handsome

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 04:33:11 PM »

Offline brolylss20

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • PAIN Makes you Stronger......
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
ya me tooo bro

My First sig........

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 09:34:01 PM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 3
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
  • I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
  • I am a: Poko Priest

Calm your tits. The earliest this 'thing' sees the sunlight is summer 2016, by then we got a new xenoverse, zelda and pokken for the wii u which you won't regret buying.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Whatever it actually is, I still say they need to up their graphics. It opens up the door for alot more 3rd party games. Like wouldnt it have been great if xenoverse was on the wii u? But it wasnt as well as missing out on other franchises.Nintendo has been getting away with the graphics arent a priority thing, but they should make them close to the competitors. It may cost them more money, but there is no way a platform should cost just as much as my Nintendo 3ds. 300+ maybe, unless this thing is only just a tablet and not an actual system. Which in my opinion...... a tablet is not that good of an idea, and I dont think it will work out that well, at least not at first. Eventually Im going to get a wii U, likley with the release of zelda u. But if it is what kiyza said, I dont really care for it. Its pretty much gonna be the same people or less who buy that and very little new customers.

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 11:30:52 PM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
Up'ing the graphics will not influence the amount of 3rd party games we will get.
Nintendo screwed up their relationships with a lot of people and porting games isn't easy either due to the messy Os, which is why companies rather develop for sony and microsoft.
If you want better graphics, 3rd party support and a more reasonable price then nintendo is not your cup of tea as they fail on all those fronts. The only thing nintendo has going for them are their established brands and a couple of gems each generation.

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
If somebody told you it was a happy tale, if somebody said I was just your average guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied.

Up'ing the graphics will not influence the amount of 3rd party games we will get.
Nintendo screwed up their relationships with a lot of people and porting games isn't easy either due to the messy Os, which is why companies rather develop for sony and microsoft.
If you want better graphics, 3rd party support and a more reasonable price then nintendo is not your cup of tea as they fail on all those fronts. The only thing nintendo has going for them are their established brands and a couple of gems each generation.
Ok. Well Im positive that Nintendo and Ubisoft have good relations. Why is there no Assasins Creed Unity on it? You cant tell me it isnt a hardware issue XD. (Because it is, theres no unity on ps3 or Xbone 360)

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
If somebody told you it was a happy tale, if somebody said I was just your average guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied.

Ok. Well Im positive that Nintendo and Ubisoft have good relations. Why is there no Assasins Creed Unity on it? You cant tell me it isnt a hardware issue XD. (Because it is, theres no unity on ps3 or Xbone 360)
Did you check the previous AC game on the wii u? It's a halve assed port with glitches, bugs and frame drops. That shit was so awfully optimized that unity (which is a bad game itself),wouldn't sell well even if the hardware would be better.

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 11:41:29 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Thats right because the ps3 and Xbox are still better hardware wise. Only proving my point about the hardware.

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
Thats right because the ps3 and Xbox are still better hardware wise. Only proving my point about the hardware.
Yes and no. RAM and GPU are supposedly better on the Wii U. Regardless the hardware is not necessarily the issue at hand graphic wise. The GC was more powerfull than the PS2 and the graphics still lacked behind. There are multiple factors why Nintendo's graphics tend to suck ass.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 11:55:06 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Yes and no. RAM and GPU are supposedly better on the Wii U. Regardless the hardware is not necessarily the issue at hand graphic wise. The GC was more powerfull than the PS2 and the graphics still lacked behind. There are multiple factors why Nintendo's graphics tend to suck ass.
Yeah, I get that, and I guess I should rephrase and instea dof saying up the graphics, up the hardware used by 8000.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 12:03:38 AM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
Yeah, I get that, and I guess I should rephrase and instea dof saying up the graphics, up the hardware used by 8000.
Ya, that's more like it. Ditching their shitty OS would also be helpfull.

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 12:50:40 AM »
    • View Profile
  • If someone's hurting, don't stand their and watch
ya me tooo bro
Me 3 and my consles (ps3, xbox360)
MarineCorps
We WILL Protect the peace

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
They're going to make smartphone games.  :r_bigsmile:

Nintendo is usually good about having backwards compatibility with its systems.
PS4 needs this.

Made by Kaiza.