* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: New people  (Read 5994 times)

New people
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:09:54 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Why is it always the people who has never played the game most active? And are always talking about the game, saying what should be changed, added, saying their builds are better than others etc? It's like if you've never played the game don't give your irrelevant statement/opinion on the game and you've never played it and has no idea what you're typing about.

New people
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:15:04 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Why is it always the people who has never played the game most active? And are always talking about the game, saying what should be changed, added, saying their builds are better than others etc? It's like if you've never played the game don't give your irrelevant statement/opinion on the game and you've never played it and has no idea what you're typing about.

Part of it is that new people are trying to learn how to play the game.  I never played DBO myself, but I've learned so much just from posting and talking to people.  I'm on the forums more than most, and while there are some newer people posting about changes and builds, it's usually either suggestions or questions, not usually acting like they're better.  It's not like you can't say squat if you haven't played the game, there's plenty of different ways to learn about it.  Sure, you can't get a 100% accurate viewpoint, but you can get close. 
We WILL Protect the Peace!

New people
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:43 AM »

Offline brolylss20

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • PAIN Makes you Stronger......
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Part of it is that new people are trying to learn how to play the game.  I never played DBO myself, but I've learned so much just from posting and talking to people.  I'm on the forums more than most, and while there are some newer people posting about changes and builds, it's usually either suggestions or questions, not usually acting like they're better.  It's not like you can't say squat if you haven't played the game, there's plenty of different ways to learn about it.  Sure, you can't get a 100% accurate viewpoint, but you can get close. 
Shyruni's right bro we new people have learnt many things from the forum because many people who have played DBO helped us and we are not saying we're better or anything els we're just curious to know more about the game.....

My First sig........

New people
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:06:11 AM »

Offline Evangelion

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 3
    • View Profile
    • Dem SSJ addicts...
  • I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.
  • I am a: Poko Priest
According to your post you as well lost any privileges since unlike people like me you didn't play sjnce the first day of closed beta, thus you are as much of a new guy as they are. Do you see now the horse shit you just came up with?

Everything can be looked up and as such those new people got as much right to propose any changes as anyone else does that feels offended by some random new guy stealing his spotlight.

Change doesn't happen without suggestions.

New people
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:32:50 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit

This is totally true. You can't just say you know about the game but, by talking with a lot of people about it or watching youtube videos, you can feel like you know some stuff already.

Here's an example of what I mean. It's a different game but the same principle applies: The first champion I bought in League of Legends was Vayne and, according to many, she's a really hard champion to play but I watched so many videos before buying her I could play her without having that "she's so hard to play" feeling. I still had a lot of practice to do since I was a noob afterall but man I was like the best Vayne player out of all the noobs in the game (and I gotta admit it take me a long time to actually be good in the game).
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

New people
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:22:39 AM »

Offline Xarlok

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 31 / 6
    • View Profile
  • The wise one ...
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
Some new people are cool , like , you might not even know they didn't play till you get more into that type of conversation ...but some are just retarded. Done. Nuff said .

New people
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 05:25:11 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
Some new people are cool , like , you might not even know they didn't play till you get more into that type of conversation ...but some are just retarded. Done. Nuff said .

This.

You will only learn the theory. For example, about the builds you'll just copy builds from other people and the explanation of why is good that build. And if someone comes and post a way different build than yours, probably you'll say that is a bad build. In arguing, your opinion is just worthless. You don't know the skills because you didn't play the game.

But ofc, you'll have a lot experience before the game is released.

edit: @Evangelion stop spamming negative karma by stupid reasons. This thread has nothing offensive on it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:31:55 AM by Aeris »

New people
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 05:29:55 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Read and learn: http://dborevelations.com/home/

Let the ppl talk...if they talk they learn.

And about suggestions to change something made by the ppl who never played: Well...there are some suggestions of them which are ok...and others are just sh*t. We have to live with it  ;D

I don't see any problem about this. So stay cool ppl  8)

*click for original size*

New people
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 05:34:07 AM »

Offline Kid death

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • the strong will fall and stronger will appear
Kind of hard to learn how to play a game that doesn't exist.
*Yet.

New people
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 06:14:03 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I'm Mystic Vegito! Hit me with your best shot!
I don't get why they are saying what should be changed, and added, and that their builds are better than others. Unless you have played the game (which quite a few of us have) you shouldn't be saying those things. But I do wonder how you can learn things just by posting in a thread.
*Yet.
They could give up any time. So I wouldn't say ''*yet'' yet.

New people
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 06:17:04 AM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
Well maybe the new people WANTED to play but couldn't because the website was in another language :D
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

New people
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 06:20:42 AM »
    • View Profile
Well maybe the new people WANTED to play but couldn't because the website was in another language :D
Yeah but still it's not right to come onto a forum and start telling people who played it how much better your build is better than theirs etc.

New people
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 06:45:43 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
Relax dem titties.

There is no need to be frustrated about it, friendo.

New people
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 06:50:25 AM »
    • View Profile
Relax dem titties.

There is no need to be frustrated about it, friendo.
Are you talkin' to me boi? Do you know about the pecking order? If you do, you should know I'm above the worms inside the dirt!

New people
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 06:52:59 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I didn't get to any level cap in the time I played since I kept quitting the game and returning but I did get to understand how some stuff worked like flying, adult quests, TMQ's and UD's, Kaio-Ken, etc. I didn't know what skills were op or what classes are best or more op than others but that I learned it from the forums and not by playing the game back in the day.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

New people
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 06:54:19 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
Are you talkin' to me boi? Do you know about the pecking order? If you do, you should know I'm above the worms inside the dirt!
Tevin is that you?
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

New people
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 06:56:12 AM »
    • View Profile
Tevin is that you?
Who's that worthless maggot?

New people
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 07:04:21 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
By this train of thought, anyone who's never read the manga shouldn't have anything to say about the series in general, especially people who are only familiar with the English dub.

Unless Dumke tells them they can't say anything, I'm fairly certain everyone has the same amount of standing in terms of suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:17:42 AM by Nia, Reason: typo »

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

New people
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »
    • View Profile
By this train of thought, anyone who's never read the manga should have anything to say about the series in general, especially people who are only familiar with the English dub.
I disagree. It's different reading a manga and playing a game.

New people
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 07:11:57 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I disagree. It's different reading a manga and playing a game.

I was mostly speaking about the series in general. However, as the DBO uses only the plot from the manga, the statement still holds.

Besides, you're missing my point. It would like me telling anyone who doesn't know the source material they have no right to speak of the series, or comment on it at all.
Which would be kinda a naughtyword move, wouldn't it?

New people
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 07:15:25 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
By this train of thought, anyone who's never read the manga should have anything to say about the series in general, especially people who are only familiar with the English dub.

Wrong analogy. We're not talking about the history of DBO or anything related to that.

So, if someone never watched DB series, only just heard things about it. You think he can make a critic about it?

New people
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 07:17:30 AM »
    • View Profile
I was mostly speaking about the series in general. However, as the DBO uses only the plot from the manga, the statement still holds.

Besides, you're missing my point. It would like me telling anyone who doesn't know the source material they have no right to speak of the series, or comment on it at all.
Which would be kinda a popo move, wouldn't it?
No that's why the anime exists.

New people
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
No that's why the anime exists.

Except the anime has discrepancies, and again, DBO follows only the manga.
For instance, count the number of fingers on a Namekian's hand in the manga/DBO. Now count them in the anime.

See? Now if I were thinking like the original poster, I'd say you don't know the subject matter and shouldn't comment. Especially if (which is likely) you've only seen the English dub, which skews the script so far from the original plot so as to completely alter character's personalities.
It's one thing to point out why something wouldn't work, or why it's incorrect. It's another to flat out say "you can't comment at all, because you don't know."

New people
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 07:38:54 AM »
    • View Profile
Except the anime has discrepancies, and again, DBO follows only the manga.
For instance, count the number of fingers on a Namekian's hand in the manga/DBO. Now count them in the anime.

See? Now if I were thinking like the original poster, I'd say you don't know the subject matter and shouldn't comment. Especially if (which is likely) you've only seen the English dub, which skews the script so far from the original plot so as to completely alter character's personalities.
It's one thing to point out why something wouldn't work, or why it's incorrect. It's another to flat out say "you can't comment at all, because you don't know."
No I own the manga.

New people
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 07:50:01 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
No I own the manga.

I didn't mean "you" specifically, but I probably should have worded it a bit better.
That being said, it's nice to see when someone has read the manga.

Again, though... you're missing my point. Saying something like "You didn't play the game, so you don't know!" is stupid. Certainly, a great deal of these suggestions are absurd, I'm even somewhat guilty of that.

But do I have to have played the game to understand the entirety of it?
I haven't seen the new movie, but does that mean I can't complain that Piccolo has pink arms and 5 digits on his hand?
People are inevitably gonna have thoughts on DBO whether they've played it or not, and I've seen plenty of people who have played it that have made statements about it that even I knew weren't right.