* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 06:25:40 AM
    ;)
  • Today at 06:25:16 AM
    :r_flame:
  • Today at 04:34:29 AM
    I had to look up the lyrics. I knew what song it was, but I didn't know what came next :P
  • Today at 02:58:06 AM
    no
  • Yesterday at 09:35:28 AM
    im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
  • Yesterday at 08:09:53 AM
    yessss [link]
  • Yesterday at 05:16:39 AM
    I mean, no message could've been any clearer.
  • September 24, 2017, 09:11:07 PM
    nooooo...you didn't get my reference xD Hope someone got it tho....
  • September 24, 2017, 02:28:11 PM
    Two way mirror mate
  • September 24, 2017, 07:29:14 AM
    should we ask him to change his ways?  :))
  • September 23, 2017, 02:17:09 PM
    He's the man in the mirror.
  • September 22, 2017, 05:41:21 AM
    who dis?
  • September 22, 2017, 12:19:34 AM
    long time no see
  • September 22, 2017, 12:19:22 AM
    dumke
  • September 21, 2017, 02:28:59 AM
    :juggs:
  • September 20, 2017, 10:12:44 AM
    XD
  • September 19, 2017, 05:13:57 AM
    :hype:
  • September 19, 2017, 05:13:38 AM
    i wanna play dbo illegal [link]
  • September 19, 2017, 04:53:44 AM
    I WANNA PLAY DBO official XD
  • September 19, 2017, 04:44:20 AM
    i love me too....
  • September 18, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
    I still love you guys, tho.  ;)
  • September 18, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
    You're all nutcases. But it's cool that MC is still running strong. :candy:
  • September 18, 2017, 04:11:35 AM
    :r_flame:
  • September 16, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
    pfff.... [link]
  • September 16, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
    :kappa:
  • September 16, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
    MarineCorps > Forum Guild with main goal, trolling and taking over the Forum. Final Boss is Monkey Dead Luffy! Will they rape that boss, or will Boss rape them! Stay with us in next episode of Dead Balls of Z!!!
  • September 14, 2017, 10:03:29 PM
    :smugdbo:
  • September 14, 2017, 10:36:20 AM
    :))
  • September 13, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
    :youth:
  • September 13, 2017, 04:20:30 PM
    :paleman:

Topic: Who plays Tera Rising?  (Read 4906 times)

Who plays Tera Rising?
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
So I'm massively bored. I got like nothing to do for a month since my whole life is taking a big change (I'll add that at the bottom of the post for the ones that are actually interested). Got bored of my current games and I can't afford new ones so I'm limited to play F2P stuff. I tried Tera a long time ago but I didn't really get into it, maybe because I was playing it alone or because I found my class boring, I don't know. I recently got a 360 Controller for christmas and I want to use it so I might aswell play Tera and see how it goes, since the game has controller support.

The point of this thread is to know who is playing the game and in what server or even get a bunch of people to join me and start playing the game from zero, level up together and maybe even start a DBOR guild or something. The game is quite heavy so I won't be installing it right now. I got it in my external HDD so I'd only have to update it but I don't have the HDD right now because I lent it to a friend. The good thing is that I got some time to find people to play with while my friend gives it back to me.

Also, if no one wants to start playing the game for the first time with me or anything just post your servers or realms or however they're called here and I'll create a character in the one with the most people, just so I have someone to play with... Even though he's like level 60 or 70 or whatever the cap is and I'm just starting.

Edit: I'll add a list with the forums members, their IGN's and their servers so feel free to participate so you get added to the list. If you find there's someone from the forums in your server, you can add him and chill with them ingame :D
Spoiler for Hidden:
- Kairouken (Crane): Mount Tyrannas, IGN: (unknown)
- Zophar: Mount Tyrannas, IGN: (unknown)
- Tofu: Mount Tyrannas, IGN: Tofux
- YourEnd7: Lake of Tears, IGN: Lemina / Mount Tyrannas, IGN: Lemrina
- Gatorain: Mount Tyrannas, IGN's: Gatorain and The.Gator
- pimphesus: Tempest Reach, IGN: Pimp.Hesus
- keredvin: Lake of Tears, IGN: Elnora
- MomoGalaxy: Tempest Reach, IGN's: KumiChuu, Hungrybox, Kaiton, Mayu.Yuri and Krystal.eve

Update: I found my old character in the website and, by chance, it's in the same server as Crane and Zophar but I'm not playing yet because I don't have the game yet. I'll add it to the list but, as I said, I don't mind starting over on another server if there's a lot of people from DBOR to play with. I also searched old Tera threads and added the characters I found to the list.

My big life change (for whomever is actually interested):
Spoiler for Hidden:
I live in Venezuela, this country is messed up and going to shit so I'm moving out of here in April to study in Panama. I'm currently not studying since the money I spend in a college/university here would be lost after I leave and I'm not working here either because I can't find a job. The unemployment here is big and a random guy that just finished highschool has less chances of finding a job than all the unemployed people that actually finished college. Also, no one wants to employ a guys that will quit in a month.

That's why I'll be bored, doing nothing for a month and I can't buy games to pass the time because the inflation is too high to actually buy games, unless you're rich. I used to play League of Legends to pass the time but now my ISP has become shit along with the country and I can't really play any MOBA because I get random lag spikes that can ruin my game or, at least, not make me enjoy it. Changing my ISP is not an option either since the only other option is even worse. MMO's are tolerable, dieing in those because of a lag spike is like "Oh well" so that's why I'm interested in Tera.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:33:42 PM by Tofu »
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I figured you'd say something @Full Mental Alkahest. Although I expected at least a server name since that's the point of the thread.
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

Offline Sendoku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • A new era is coming.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
This is so disturbing ._. childs in panties with a big ass, anyways.

I recently started, like a few days ago, tho i am on NA but i'm going on EU cuz well i'm from EU, i don't really like having high ping on top of low fps.

Also yuh this game is so beautiful but sadly it also means that if u don't have insane PC u'll have lot of drops

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I take it you haven't read this thread before? http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=5905.0

Before posting a new thread you're really supposed to use the search function ya know~

I read your thread when you started it and my thread has nothing to do with yours. I used the search function and there was only one thread about the game and not your character's panties. The point of my thread is to find people to play with and only this thread could work for that and it's closed so I had to start a new one.

After re-reading your thread though, I wonder if @Luke[Dumke] is interested in starting again along with someone. No free max-levels but you won't be playing alone. I know you're busy with DBOR so I'm just wondering if you're interested in starting a MMORPG with a random fan of your project :D. If I'm right, you're Australian so I don't know if you'd be in NA or if there's some Aus servers...

I recently started, like a few days ago, tho i am on NA but i'm going on EU cuz well i'm from EU, i don't really like having high ping on top of low fps.

Sucks that you're changing to EU. Would've been fun to have a friend to be noob with :)

I'm playing on a shitty laptop and I still get around 20-30 fps with settings at max.

One tip i'll give you if you're performance is truly suffering: lower the lighting enrichment to 0. it'll keep all the textures and models the same quality as max, just removes the advanced ligting and such. I get like 60+ fps when I have it set to 0. and when I turn on low performance dimming, it can go as high as 90.

I got a shitty laptop too and I remember I had decent FPS with minimum graphics by tweaking some settings around. It would still take forever to load character models so I'd see a black silhouette with a name on top for a few seconds before it would actually load. I'll try out that setting once I get my HDD back and update the game.
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
If you read it a bit more carefully, you would've noticed that Zophar also plays and on the same server as I do. Mount Tyranus.

Cool but I want to know where all the people DBOR play. I want a thread for that. I might even make a list with all the players, the IGN's and their servers or something.

The black silhouettes are the way the game keeps the frame rate in check when there's tons of people on screen. I think you can disable it in the options menu, but I tried once and it didnt affect anything.

I'll check that out too, along with the lighting thing.
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
After re-reading your thread though, I wonder if @Luke[Dumke] is interested in starting again along with someone. No free max-levels but you won't be playing alone. I know you're busy with DBOR so I'm just wondering if you're interested in starting a MMORPG with a random fan of your project :D. If I'm right, you're Australian so I don't know if you'd be in NA or if there's some Aus servers...

Unfortunately the combat system in tera doesn't work for me, as it's ping based and i have 240-270+ and i didn't really enjoy it on any of the characters i played.
I had the max level elin and another character i got to 20, before i got annoyed by the combat always being buggy.

The only other MMORPG-esq game i play is warframe, and that's rather instance based mmorpg anyhow.
So really it's a not a mmorpg.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 07:00:59 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I might even make a list with all the players, the IGN's and their servers or something.

Added this list to the main post. Post IGN's and servers so people can get in touch and also for me to decide where to play :D.

Unfortunately the combat system in tera doesn't work for me, as it's ping based and i have 240-270+ and i didn't really enjoy it on any of the characters i played.
I had the max level elin and another character i got to 20, before i got annoyed by the combat always being buggy.

The only other MMORPG-esq game i play is warframe, and that's rather instance based mmorpg anyhow.
So really it's a not a mmorpg.

Sucks you can't play Tera, Dumke... Would've been great to play with you :/

You could try Aura Kingdom, if you want an MMORPG. It's the closest to DBO I've found so far but I don't know if you'd lag. I find it kindda enjoyable but it glitches out my laptop because of my video card so I stopped playing it.
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Sucks you can't play Tera, Dumke... Would've been great to play with you :/
You could try Aura Kingdom, if you want an MMORPG. It's the closest to DBO I've found so far but I don't know if you'd lag. I find it kindda enjoyable but it glitches out my laptop because of my video card so I stopped playing it.

Not really looking for an mmorpg,
only decided to pick up tera, because of a bunch of mates playing it.
usually just play single player games.

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 04:11:02 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Not really looking for an mmorpg,
only decided to pick up tera, because of a bunch of mates playing it.
usually just play single player games.

But DBO was an exception back in the day :D

I searched around the forums with threads with "Tera" in the name and got some people that mentioned their servers and IGN's. I added them all to the list along with my old character but I doubt I'll be using him anymore because the Warrior playstyle kindda bores me... I'll see what I'll do with him.
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight

One of the reasons I never got serious in PvP. My ping was constantly above 330, such naughtyword.

I did have 3x Level 60 characters (Priest, Archer and Berserker)
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 06:42:42 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
But DBO was an exception back in the day :D

I've played heaps of MMORPGs, I don't hate them, i just generally don't play many.

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 07:04:36 PM »

Offline Sendoku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • A new era is coming.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Ragnarök Online master race.

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 12:18:17 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
One of the reasons I never got serious in PvP. My ping was constantly above 330, such naughtyword.

I did have 3x Level 60 characters (Priest, Archer and Berserker)

But now you don't play at all? Well, guess this game is really PvP focused (I might be wrong though) and not being able to do that because of you live in Australia must suck. I'd quit too :/
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 02:24:18 AM »

Offline DevilFruit

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
    • Shinigami Guild of DBOR
  • Anime is life
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Have you people never heard of funneling software before >.>? Srsly if you ping is that bad you should really invest in one.
You can just use a wired router or get a new internet.
My name ain't Mohammed Keeth
Shinigami is RECRUITING Click on the image if interested.

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 02:27:49 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
You can just use a wired router or get a new internet.

The problem is not their internet. They live in Australia so they get high ping because of their location compared to the server's.
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 02:41:54 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
This is exactly why I suggested funneling software =_=
Ofcourse i'm aware of VPNs/GPNs.

It's really not worth it, i wasn't that invested in the game to care.

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:28 AM »

Offline Trender

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Create, Live, Dragonball
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Ofcourse i'm aware of VPNs/GPNs.

It's really not worth it, i wasn't that invested in the game to care.
WTFast could work, its a 1-month trial

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Damn son
I live in Venezuela, this country is messed up and going to shit so I'm moving out of here in April to study in Panama. I'm currently not studying since the money I spend in a college/university here would be lost after I leave and I'm not working here either because I can't find a job. The unemployment here is big and a random guy that just finished highschool has less chances of finding a job than all the unemployed people that actually finished college. Also, no one wants to employ a guys that will quit in a month.

I´m from Venezuela too.. it´s always sad to see someone else go because of this shitty government  :(

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
But now you don't play at all? Well, guess this game is really PvP focused (I might be wrong though) and not being able to do that because of you live in Australia must suck. I'd quit too :/

PvE and PvP were seen as equally important. I got away with high ping in PvE as you did have time to compensate (not as important as PvP). As a priest, I was actually well geared for 60 cap, I had the tier below Visionmaker (and 80% of the materials to make Visionmaker).

I might actually log on and see where the game is at...

EDIT: Lake of Tears server, Elnora 60 Priest
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:10:26 PM by keredvin, Reason: Added character info »
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 12:06:39 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Fight!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Unfortunately the combat system in tera doesn't work for me, as it's ping based and i have 240-270

Yeah Tera is super unforgiving for anyone with a ping of 200+ unless your a healer then they
have a bit more breathing room, and even at endgame that could mean life or death

I'm a huge tera player I have every class capped on TR, I don't mind starting on a new toon.
you can add these alts when you get the chance

-KumiChuu
-Hungrybox
-Kaiton
-Mayu.Yuri
-Krystal.eve

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I´m from Venezuela too.. it´s always sad to see someone else go because of this shitty government  :(

Yeah, did my best to stay but I can't take it anymore. I was always destined to leave anyway since I  want to study animation and you can't study that in here.

I might actually log on and see where the game is at...

Apparently they added Guild Floating Castles or something. Seems interesting.

I'm a huge tera player I have every class capped on TR, I don't mind starting on a new toon.
you can add these alts when you get the chance

Nice! I'll let you know if I'm playing in TR so you can start along with me. I just got my HDD back and I was playing around with the controller configuration but I'm too tired to play right now so I'll go straight to bed.

I added all the characters to the list. Got two people already that said they don't mind starting a new character (one was through PM, for the ones who are wondering where the post is). Sweet :D
MarineCorps

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 04:11:40 AM »

Offline yhoho555

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Game Of Thrones :3
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I played.. but its boring alone soo i stopped XD if someone wanan play Tera or any cool game just write me on Chat! im always available there XD

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 02:52:46 AM »

Offline Gokule

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Martial Artist
I am down to play tera with you guys!

Who plays Tera Rising?
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
I am down to play tera with you guys!

I'm not playing it. My laptop became utter shit all of a sudden and it won't even run the game now but you can add people in the list and play with them. I need a new one but I can't afford it D:
MarineCorps