:uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]
  • November 17, 2017, 03:45:59 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:40 PM
    Sorry. Mourning makes me stupid. and I apologize for spamming the shoutbox. XD
  • November 17, 2017, 03:33:08 PM
    I POSTED A DIFFERENT LINK LIKE AN IDIOT. HERE'S THE REAL ONE. [link]

Topic: Oculus Rift: Virtual Reality  (Read 1217 times)

Oculus Rift: Virtual Reality
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:42:12 PM »

Offline takashi

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Low-Class
Hello everyone, today I come to talk of rift oculus:
The Oculus Rift is a hardware device in development that is only available for PC, which allows us to have what every gamer wants, VIRTUAL REALITY.
The oculus rift is like a screen with glasses and lenses in and by the deformation and duplication of the image directly send each image to the brain, it creates a sensation of full immersion.
The oculus rift is still in development, but can be purchased for $ 300 if anyone is desperate like me, and I testify that it is as if you meddle in video games.
THE FUTURE IS COMING
For more incredulous I leave some pictures:

And sorry for traduction, i use google translate.

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:13:16 PM »

Offline Jaxill

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 0
    • View Profile
  • The Buck Stops Here
I personally wonder how that duel screen feels on your eyes. I understand it's purpose, but I wonder if it feels natural to look at. I personally would love it for fps sniping, closing one eye to focus on the scope.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »

Offline Blake

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Not sure what to say so I'll just keep typing
I wonder how much virtual reality naughtyword is already out there. Indeed, this is the future :D

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 12:03:19 AM »

Offline takashi

• None
    • View Profile
  • Low-Class
I personally wonder how that duel screen feels on your eyes. I understand it's purpose, but I wonder if it feels natural to look at. I personally would love it for fps sniping, closing one eye to focus on the scope.
Yes, I can assure you that it feels so natural that you feel transported to another world, even in games like minecraft.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:43:31 PM »

Offline Sensui

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
IMO that would hurt my eyes.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 02:49:05 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Well, I'm calling it: expect the next Nintendo console to look vaguely like this,

Lower the price tag, make it so that the display is only on the goggles, or add in some form of motion controls and I'm all game. This seems like it would great for playing Elder Scrolls titles in particular, considering I'm big into the immersion factor.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 11:51:17 PM »

Offline takashi

• None
    • View Profile
  • Low-Class
IMO that would hurt my eyes.
No harm the eyes, has a special lens to avoid eye damage

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 12:01:08 AM »

Offline takashi

• None
    • View Profile
  • Low-Class
Well, I'm calling it: expect the next Nintendo console to look vaguely like this,

Lower the price tag, make it so that the display is only on the goggles, or add in some form of motion controls and I'm all game. This seems like it would great for playing Elder Scrolls titles in particular, considering I'm big into the immersion factor.
Skyrim with oculus rift and kinekt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFfMmQM3L-c

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 02:07:23 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Skyrim with oculus rift and kinekt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFfMmQM3L-c

Excellent.

But I was actually thinking about using it with Morrowind.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
Oculus rift is a gimmick. It's an incredibly awesome gimmick, but it is still a gimmick and will end up in the back of the closet where all gimmicks go to die.

Of course that doesn't mean I won't be getting one.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »

Offline Jaxill

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • The Buck Stops Here
Oculus rift is a gimmick. It's an incredibly awesome gimmick, but it is still a gimmick and will end up in the back of the closet where all gimmicks go to die.

This gimmick seems a lot more versatile and useful then the guitar or any other band piece for the guitar hero/rock band games. Keep in mind that gimmick was at hight of popularity for a good while even though it was only truly useful to a hand ful of games. This on the other hand Is theoretically applicable to any type of 1st person game. There was also a few add ons made by thrid party developers at CES this year.

One device simulated better arm movement precision while another simulated walking without crashing into your TV.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 04:35:55 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
This gimmick seems a lot more versatile and useful then the guitar or any other band piece for the guitar hero/rock band games. Keep in mind that gimmick was at hight of popularity for a good while even though it was only truly useful to a hand ful of games. This on the other hand Is theoretically applicable to any type of 1st person game. There was also a few add ons made by thrid party developers at CES this year.

One device simulated better arm movement precision while another simulated walking without crashing into your TV.

But that doesn't change the fact that it requires more than just coming home and sitting your ass down on the couch.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 07:34:44 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus

I don't think something that would substantially enhance immersion in games that are meant to be like that is really a gimmick. Its kind of a gimmick if you're using it for something like Minecraft, though.

But that doesn't change the fact that it requires more than just coming home and sitting your ass down on the couch.

You sit your ass down just the same as ever -- you just strap on goggles now too.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 02:48:32 AM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Game Designer/Producer, Marketer, Entrepreneur
As an owner and future developer of Oculus Enabled games, I will say that Oculus is not just a gimmick, it's the future of interactive media. The guys working at Oculus want this product to be magnificent and up to all gamer standards. Gosh, the company is ran by own of the industries greatest: John Carmack and even he too see this as the future.

Now people may be sceptic at first to wear the device, but the experience is something that you have to experience yourself and then you'll understand, haha.

As for those who don't know, there are many things that are also available for VR devices such as Oculus Rift. You have the Omni which is an omnidirectional treadmill that allows you to physically move while playing games and turn you into the movement controller. Then you have stem system created by a company that helped create the Razer Hydra, a precursor to Stem System but all the same idea of having motion tracking and hands on controls that become an extension of your body.

As for prices, as I've said the developers understand this need for consumers to actually invest into a device as such, but with the current publicity they are getting, I'm sure in no time people will start opening their horizons to something new. Developer version of Oculus is around ~$300 but when the consumer model comes out, all the kinks will be worked out and I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make it $100 or less.

Just my two cents. :)
"Dignity is for noobs; no guts no glory." - Kyle
"Knowledge is power, don't let ignorance and stupidity get in your way to get what you want." - Kyle
"Anything is possible with Determined Stupidity" - Luke

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »

Offline Jaxill

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • The Buck Stops Here
As an owner and future developer of Oculus Enabled games, I will say that Oculus is not just a gimmick, it's the future of interactive media. The guys working at Oculus want this product to be magnificent and up to all gamer standards. Gosh, the company is ran by own of the industries greatest: John Carmack and even he too see this as the future.

Now people may be sceptic at first to wear the device, but the experience is something that you have to experience yourself and then you'll understand, haha.

As for those who don't know, there are many things that are also available for VR devices such as Oculus Rift. You have the Omni which is an omnidirectional treadmill that allows you to physically move while playing games and turn you into the movement controller. Then you have stem system created by a company that helped create the Razer Hydra, a precursor to Stem System but all the same idea of having motion tracking and hands on controls that become an extension of your body.

As for prices, as I've said the developers understand this need for consumers to actually invest into a device as such, but with the current publicity they are getting, I'm sure in no time people will start opening their horizons to something new. Developer version of Oculus is around ~$300 but when the consumer model comes out, all the kinks will be worked out and I'm sure they'll figure out a way to make it $100 or less.

Just my two cents. :)

This is my main concern price. Price completely determines if this product is going to go anywhere. Say Oculus does get down to $100, That's still a hefty fee at first not to mention additional fee's from further products such as Omni (which looks genius I might add, would definitely get me back into playing CoD) and others. If this isn't going to be cost effective it will flop just as hard as the virtual boy no matter how much better it is.

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
This is my main concern price. Price completely determines if this product is going to go anywhere. Say Oculus does get down to $100, That's still a hefty fee at first not to mention additional fee's from further products such as Omni (which looks genius I might add, would definitely get me back into playing CoD) and others. If this isn't going to be cost effective it will flop just as hard as the virtual boy no matter how much better it is.

$100 is not hefty when the console market is around ~$200-$300. As more people start enjoying VR, the VR equipment will get less to manufacture. It's just that initial bump of getting people hands on experience with VR in order to really take off. With the current publicity plan they are working on right now, it seems to be doing the trick.

When BusinessInsider took a look at the latest dev kit, you can tell these people are not gamers, and yet they loved it when they tried it. But they were just as sceptical as most people are about it, UNTIL they tried it. :P

In my opinion, VR won't be a big thing for a few more things and then I believe it'll take off, just like Ipods did :P
"Knowledge is power, don't let ignorance and stupidity get in your way to get what you want." - Kyle

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »

Offline kami97

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 2
    • View Profile
  • parkour > life
  • I am a: Poko Priest
It's probably getting hot inside of those glasses after one hour
and after getting them off I would probably look like this

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 01:34:37 AM »

Offline Kyle

• Contributor
  • 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It's probably getting hot inside of those glasses after one hour
and after getting them off I would probably look like this

There are vents in it sorta. I've worn mine for like 4 hours straight one time.

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:39 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Yo.
I wonder how much virtual reality naughtyword is already out there. Indeed, this is the future :D
Good question