[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Some skills have a very poor scaling into late game  (Read 1235 times)

Some skills have a very poor scaling into late game
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »

Offline nikolassj

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 0 / 2
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
For example let's take Mighty Majins "Shield" which absorbs only 1156 damage. Yes i know it's spamable and AoE but a critical strike by Fighters & SM's can hit 10k per slash/hit up to 40k damage +/-. Same goes with Cranes & Turtles, even SK's are scary when they land a 10k Bold Strike critical.

Also in PvE monsters can debuff your whole party to suffer 1.5k poison, bleed or abnormal damage per second.

As well Dark Warriors damage is kinda poor into late game compared to other AoE PvE classes.

His "Whirlwind" & "Cyclone's" damage with that cool down is very poor.
The debuff on his "Cyclone" doesn't even increase/scale with every point you put in it.

His "Demon Wave" is a pretty cool looking skill but what is 350 magic damage + 185 burn on level 70 in late game dungeons against monsters with 40k HP?

I understand that he's the strongest tanker in-game (tankiest) & that he has sick skills for PvE & PvP (debuffs & buffs), but he could handle a little love (damage & cost wise).

For example "Dragon Protection" is sick. 1.8k AoE magic & psychical defense for whole team but 4k LP cost.
"Dragon's Punishment" & "Dragon's Pledge" are sick skills but 1.5k mana each...

Also it would be super cool if we could have multiple skill lists. Like the title list for example. So that we can swamp between skill tree's when needed (PvE support, PvE DPS, PvE tank & same goes for PvP)~

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 04:17:21 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
For example let's take Mighty Majins "Shield" which absorbs only 1156 damage. Yes i know it's spamable and AoE but a critical strike by Fighters & SM's can hit 10k per slash/hit up to 40k damage +/-. Same goes with Cranes & Turtles, even SK's are scary when they land a 10k Bold Strike critical.

Also in PvE monsters can debuff your whole party to suffer 1.5k poison, bleed or abnormal damage per second.

As well Dark Warriors damage is kinda poor into late game compared to other AoE PvE classes.

His "Whirlwind" & "Cyclone's" damage with that cool down is very poor.
The debuff on his "Cyclone" doesn't even increase/scale with every point you put in it.

His "Demon Wave" is a pretty cool looking skill but what is 350 magic damage + 185 burn on level 70 in late game dungeons against monsters with 40k HP?

I understand that he's the strongest tanker in-game (tankiest) & that he has sick skills for PvE & PvP (debuffs & buffs), but he could handle a little love (damage & cost wise).

For example "Dragon Protection" is sick. 1.8k AoE magic & psychical defense for whole team but 4k LP cost.
"Dragon's Punishment" & "Dragon's Pledge" are sick skills but 1.5k mana each...

Also it would be super cool if we could have multiple skill lists. Like the title list for example. So that we can swamp between skill tree's when needed (PvE support, PvE DPS, PvE tank & same goes for PvP)~

When you say "Late game" you mean like high levels? Too much League man... hahaha

The DBOR team already pointed out they plan on balancing the game because it was apparently very unbalanced back in the day. I never got to the level cap so I can't tell.

You're talking about the "Dual Talent" system in WoW and many other MMO's? I thought about it too but I didn't get to say it because in DBO you class pretty much determines your role... There's only a few classes that can actually do two roles and most of them are Nameks so classes like Humans and maybe a lot of Majins might not really need this system.

I think I read somewhere that the team will set the game so you can reset your skill trees at any level and not till level 30 like before so that might make it up for the lack of dual talents.

Like I said, I never got to the level cap so I might be wrong. All I just said is based on what I've read on these forums, on DBOCom and what my friends told me during the game.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 04:26:03 AM »

Offline nikolassj

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Yeah that's what i meant by "late game".

To be honest Ultimate Majin's can hardly be considered as DPS since they have a low hit rate so they can't really stack crit% or crit. rate. Also their skills don't really do much damage. I see them as tanky supports that win by supporting their team or simply "not dying" (on budokai's & PvE) xD

Wonder Majin's (Karma & Plasma) too deal very little damage with their skills in "late game". Most of them stacked attack speed % for PvE. Well am not sure about it but yeah.

Shadow Knight was a tank + DPS class.
Fighter too with his insane dodge rate he could easily play as an DPS tanker.

Reseting our skills each time when we need a change is troublesome if you ask me. For example imagine we had an system like in League of Legends (Runes & Masteries)~

If he could have an "skill list" option in one of the corners when we open our skill's trees, that would be epic~

For Ultimate Majin's you really have to spend a lot of points into buffs & passives. If you wanna be useful in PvE you have to get the transformation skill (Kid Buu) and spend a lot of points in one of its skills. Making you literally almost useless in some situations in PvE when Kid Buu is on CD.

Hell they were used as buffer sluts on level 70. Staying outside of the dungeon & re-buffing their allies each time when they reset/finish the dungeon.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 04:32:49 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all

To be honest Ultimate Majin's can hardly be considered as DPS since they have a low hit rate so they can't really stack crit% or crit. rate. Also their skills don't really do much damage.

I used cluster bomb and double cluster bomb because those attacks ignored dodge, and they did quite a bit of damage. I could very easily 1-2 hit average geared fighters with them.

But yeah, when playing against fighters and even some swordsmen it was pretty hard to land something other than the clusters.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:07:06 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit

To be honest Ultimate Majin's can hardly be considered as DPS since they have a low hit rate so they can't really stack crit% or crit. rate. Also their skills don't really do much damage. I see them as tanky supports that win by supporting their team or simply "not dying" (on budokai's & PvE) xD

Wonder Majin's (Karma & Plasma) too deal very little damage with their skills in "late game". Most of them stacked attack speed % for PvE. Well am not sure about it but yeah.

Shadow Knight was a tank + DPS class.
Fighter too with his insane dodge rate he could easily play as an DPS tanker.

Reseting our skills each time when we need a change is troublesome if you ask me. For example imagine we had an system like in League of Legends (Runes & Masteries)~

If he could have an "skill list" option in one of the corners when we open our skill's trees, that would be epic~

For Ultimate Majin's you really have to spend a lot of points into buffs & passives. If you wanna be useful in PvE you have to get the transformation skill (Kid Buu) and spend a lot of points in one of its skills. Making you literally almost useless in some situations in PvE when Kid Buu is on CD.

Hell they were used as buffer sluts on level 70. Staying outside of the dungeon & re-buffing their allies each time when they reset/finish the dungeon.

So the game was indeed very unbalanced? I'm not saying the dual skilltrees stuff is a bad idea. I just think there's a lot of classes that wouldn't need it because they mostly work for one role since they get low damage and would be bad as DPS or they're not a tanky enough to be a main tank in a TMQ or UD so they're forced to be DPS...

Of course you can always manage to get, for example, a Fighter to be a tank with insane dodge but he's not really resistant so if he gets hit by a strong attack, he might be done for. I've always liked to break the stereotype. If a class is meant to be DPS but it could be a tank somehow, I'd love to try it out but I think DBO made it pretty hard to try those weird ideas.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:15:08 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
I used cluster bomb and double cluster bomb because those attacks ignored dodge, and they did quite a bit of damage. I could very easily 1-2 hit average geared fighters with them.

But yeah, when playing against fighters and even some swordsmen it was pretty hard to land something other than the clusters.
yes , if the cluster bomb skills go well for the last Majins

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 08:07:30 AM »

Offline nikolassj

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
The cluster bombs  = tons of SP spent. Plus we would need energy dmg. gloves~
Also most of the fighters/MA's used to stack psychical.armor.

A fighter getting nuked in PvE was a rare case with their dodge rate + 400% increased dodge rate from item. Also if they've been buffed, makes it even harder for them to die and if they go with attack speed build & gear it makes their lives easier.

About skill list, why not? You could have an build for attack speed fighter, critical strike fighter...a build specially made to counter another class by yourself~

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:13:26 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
The cluster bombs  = tons of SP spent. Plus we would need energy dmg. gloves~
Also most of the fighters/MA's used to stack psychical.armor.

Exactly, when they fight a buffer they use physical armor which makes clusters that much more effective.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
I could kill a fighter with average gear with my DW, I had something like 20-30% physical reflect I don't remember, they would almost 1 shot themselves and I would just finish them off with Hellzone Grenade. :P
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:37 AM »

Offline nikolassj

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I could kill a fighter with average gear with my DW, I had something like 20-30% physical reflect I don't remember, they would almost 1 shot themselves and I would just finish them off with Hellzone Grenade. :P

"average" ._.

Try and win 1v1 vs a fully geared fighter with a fully geared DW?

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:11 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
"average" ._.

Try and win 1v1 vs a fully geared fighter with a fully geared DW?
Considering that the fighter is pvp and the DW is pve I would say it's pretty normal for the fighter to win, it would be weird if it was the opposite. But anyway I just pvped to have some fun with noobs on the plat, like they wouldn't even one shot me with a critic so yeah. ;D
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 09:08:33 AM »

Offline nikolassj

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Well yeah but i have a dream that one day every class will be useful in PvP & PvE.

For example the DW has great skills for 5v5 Budokai...the costs are just way too big & his damage too low.

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »

Offline drfever01

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
Which DW skills are they?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:19:23 AM by drfever01 »