• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Yesterday at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Yesterday at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • December 16, 2017, 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • December 16, 2017, 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: NEW 3DS + 3DS REVIEW (Bonus: MM3D "Umbraxifyed")  (Read 3543 times)

NEW 3DS + 3DS REVIEW (Bonus: MM3D "Umbraxifyed")
« on: February 25, 2015, 02:06:42 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Hey guys, it's Umbrax. Couple things... I was super sick right AFTER I bought the New 3DS , so I was too sick to touch a PC. Second thing, I just bought my new camera, sorry if my pictures are a little shotty. Last thing. NINTENDO WAY UNDERSTOCKED THE NEW 3DS, AND MY FIRST PREORDER WAS BOUGHTEN OUT BY THIS ONE DUDE WHO PAYED MORE TO GET IT... I WAS FORCED TO PREORDER AGAIN FOR A NEW 3DS 2 WEEKS AFTER IT CAME OUT. WTF, NINTENDO!

Rant/New's over.

NOTICE: IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE 3DS IN GENERAL OR DON'T PLAN ON GETTING THE NEW 3DS, SCROLL DOWN TO "ACTUAL 3DS REVIEW"

I will split this review in 3 parts. Pros and Cons, How it Compares to the 3DS XL, and an actual 3DS review. How good the console is/Game Library.

PROS AND CONS OF THE NEW 3DS XL

PROS:

New Buttons, 3D Eye Tracking, New Cartridge slot location, ADDED PROCESSING*

Cons:

Feel of the New 3DS in hand, 3D Eye Tracking has to be precise, but atleast in a comfy position, and THAT STYLUS POSITION, GRRR.

How it Compares to the Regular XL

Let me be the first to say that infact, the OLD XL is more comfy.
It feels better in hand than the to hold the NEW 3DS, maybe because it's slightly smaller, or because the NEW 3DS's new mapped start on/start off button is extremely close to my fingers.. and that, makes me scared. You get used to it fairly quickly, but the new 3DS is quite comfy, just not old XL comfy.

POINT: XL.

Even though the Facetracking 3D may not be the most precise from far away, but, it works very well with gyroscope in a relatively comfy manner about a foot away from your chin.

The regular XL does NOT have that, so....

POINT: New 3DS

I like the stylus better on the old 3DS xl better, and buttons.. Stylus is not bulky, unlike the New 3DS. However, extra buttons proves very handy for games, especially extra shoulder buttons in which there is no addon for the old XL.

POINT: Tie

The New 3DS has something called "extra processing" which it's processing is equivalent to a Wii, therefore, able to run Xenoblade Chronicles, and other exclusives for the New 3DS

Sweet! However, no matter how good the New 3DS turns out to be, it does NOT come with an AC Adapter. Nintendo either wanted to SAVE money, or intended with this (in America anyway) to be an upgrade to your old 3DS, as seen with the "trade your old 3DS in, get money" deal with GameStop. Knowing Nintendo, Both.

Actually, I agree. The New 3DS will be hard to adjust to with newcomers.

I just can't recommend this for newcomers to the 3DS consoles, however, this is the upgrade we 3DS fans always wanted!
I have to recommend the now cheaper 3DS XL, 2DS, or just plain old 3DS for them newcomers.

ACTUAL 3DS REVIEW!

The 3DS is a great system. I actually like the 3D effects.. (except for when you have to hold it still) I feel like people underrate the 3DS's power SEVERELY because dev's didn't know how to unlock it's power. The old 3DS is somewhere around a GCN, if not more. I remember someone saying, and still saying that it looks worse than a psp...

The 3DS's best looking games look great. I like the idea of a bigger top screen, and the touch screen is still just as useful here than it was on the DS.

The 3DS's library, physical and digital is a big big BIG charm here. Half of the people who own the 3DS don't even know about ALL it's rich games on it, hardly "kiddy" if you ask me. There is a great game in every genre, and I will genuinely say the Vita's library matches the 3DS in strength. The Vita may be more powerful, but people underrate the Vita too because they don't know about all the awesome games. This generation, it seems, people are not doing their homework, and companies aren't advertising as much as they used too. It's a real shame, too.

Basically, if liked the DS, the 3DS is basically a SSJ version of the DS with (and I dare say) better games as of recently and not as near the amount of shovelware. There are models for everyone, I think. Want a cheap 3DS without the gimmick? 2DS. (Although, I think the New 3DS really breaths life into the 3D, and it's great. MM3D looks fantastic in 3D)

There are problems, however. First off, the name of the game is the "3DS" not the DS2... Games since 2013 have not been in 3D really, and it's sad. Second, the amount of badly ported games baffles me. This is why the 3DS get's the "Powerscale" it does. Bad Ports. Big problem with Nintendo anyway, but especially, is regionlock. Oh my god, is it terrible. Tons of Japanese exclusive games that we can't import to play ourselves. We would have to buy a Japanese 3DS, and we don't want to do that.

Now onto Games... so many to list. Just lots of good games and lots of exclusives. Find myself really liking the Nintendo eShop a lot, with my 3DS and my Wii U. You can get a lot of 3DS exclusives, too. On Physical games, there are a lot of everything. I recommend exploring to see what you like.

3DS Console Line Generally gets a good 8.9/10

I feel by the end of the 3DS's life cycle, it will be a good 9 or 9.5.

BONUS!

One more thing left to cover, folks, and that is something new to my reviews I call "Umbraxifyed" which is a lightning fast review by your truly  8) to see if a game is worthy of your time.

3.... 2...... 1............. GO!

So I see a lot of hate that it "didn't add anything, WAHHHHH". But let me tell you this. What is a remake? A remake is an idea that is remade to be better polished, and that is exactly what this game did. Lots of people say that "MM3D didn't fix the 3 Day Cycle" or "DIDN'T ADD NEW TEMPLES*. To complain about that aspect of the game, goes against... the whole GAME! The game is about theme and sidequests, not just this "dark gritty zelda" everyone has been liking it for as of late. Nintendo did really did fix a whole lot in this remake, and it's about time.

The game is more accessible to newcomers, which is very good. I know we all have a mentality that we want MM to be to ourselves, but then why would you want a remake? A remake it to show that a game existed, glorifying it. MM3D actually made the Great Bay Temple FUN, too. MM3D is quite smooth compare to the original, too. They ironed out the gameplay, which is exactly what Majora needed.

The graphics part look AMAZING! Especially with 3D. Grezzo looks like they put more love into the visuals into MM3D, and it shows. It's cool at night with the lighting effects. Transformation Characters look great, (and I swear they did re voicing with Deku Link...) and Link looks great. I actually was stunned to see Termina. I was wowed, because of Majora's dark colors, Termina field didn't look too hot. With the updated colors, and 3D Models (and sprites to 3D models) being updated, I was able to get more out the story. In the oring MM, I didn't know where WoodFall Temple was located in southern swamp, until MM3D. It wasen't clear that the temple was located on that Valcano thing... now it is! The updated Graphics really help tell the story in new light as well. Eerie places that make you think about MM theories and crap add even more evidence and just the updated structures tell of Termina's history.

The game actually adds stuff too LIKE FISHING! Also improvements of the song of time system, yatatata, extra bottle, cool, blah blah blah, MORE FISHING! The Fishing in this game is SO time consuming. It's so indepth I swear. You can catch different fish with different masks and even super rare ones with the Fierce Deity one. There is a whole list of additions I am not going to add, so look it up yourself. Sorry, :P

This game is Umbraxifyingly a 9/10!

Some shotty pics I took. (These are from after the WoodFall, wanted to get pics over with)

Thanks for taking time to read my review, post your thoughts.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:32:41 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
  • I am a: Majin
Nice review bro!  Very detailed and well thought out!  The only thing I felt was missing was the faster CPU performance of the New 3DS which WAS advertised, and while all of it's potential might not be shown yet in terms of games (as you mentioned), the internet speed is DEFINITELY FASTER.  Games and the eShop load much faster than in the older 3DS lines, and the browsing speed is almost doubled (and I can say this because I do actually own the New 3DS XL).  Other than that bro, I think the review's boss! 8)
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 02:43:22 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Nice review bro!  Very detailed and well thought out!  The only thing I felt was missing was the faster CPU performance of the New 3DS which WAS advertised, and while all of it's potential might not be shown yet in terms of games (as you mentioned), the internet speed is DEFINITELY FASTER.  Games and the eShop load much faster than in the older 3DS lines, and the browsing speed is almost doubled (and I can say this because I do actually own the New 3DS XL).  Other than that bro, I think the review's boss! 8)

That's the reason why I bought the New 3DS XL. The old 3DS had a problem of if you didn't play it for long periods of time, it got quite load time heavy, and games ran a bit slower.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 02:54:54 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Nice review. I say this not having read it but only skimming over it briefly. Think I might wanna review something one of these days....maybe some Rustle doujins or something....

Anyways, there's one major problem I noticed

I don't understand how everyone says this. Most gamecube games had better graphics than wii games. Just compare the water effects of sunshine to galaxy or dkcr. And f zero-gx looks almost like a WII U game minus the obnoxious bloom lighting.

The 3ds I'd say is more equivilant to the dreamcast in terms of graphical power.

This is where you are wrong. We are NOT comparing what a game "looks like".

We are comparing actual hardware man. Actual specs. There are tons on inaccurate specs of the 3DS but the accurate one is about the same as a CGN, the 3DS uses different things to make it looks different from the CGN. Resolution is a big one.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 03:01:40 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
If the 3ds and gamecube really do have similar specs, then all I can say is nintendo and the 3rd party devs making games for the system are lazy/cheap as popo.

That's exactly what I said in my review, "devs are not unlocking the full power of the 3ds"

The Wii is basically a pumped up GameCube with out any shaders, that is why water looks amazing in Sunshine. The Wii and the 3DS have WAYY more processing power than the old 'cube, but the 3DS just has different shaders and different graphical equipment.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 03:17:52 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I was always under the impression that the wii was the one with better shaders....

No. The Wii has better graphical power, but pretty much the same shaders.

The 3DS's shaders beat both of those. The 3DS actually has a lot at it's disposal.

It could most likely run Melee with no trouble, and all GCN games.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 12:14:19 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
But wait up. If the wii has more graphical power and pretty much the same shaders, how come sunshine had better water effects again?  ???

Who knows?

All I know is that the New 3DS is extremely similar to the oring. Xbox compared to the Wii.

Way more processing, slightly worse graphical capabilities.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 12:40:33 AM »

Offline Shyruni

• Shenron
  • Honor: 27 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Money tastes bad. Drink Milk. It's better.
If the 3ds and gamecube really do have similar specs, then all I can say is nintendo and the 3rd party devs making games for the system are lazy/cheap as naughtyword.
To be completely fair, while they may not have utilized the system as well as they could, the amount of actually good games for the 3DS is rather impressive, 3rd party games included.  The 3DS is the system that probably has the most good 3rd party games out there compared to every other Nintendo system, bar possibly the original DS.  But yeah, there are quite a few games that could have gotten further than they did.
We WILL Protect the Peace!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 02:24:23 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
It's a little hard to tell about the cpu , but since I for some reason started to download most of my games (something about having them all at my disposal made me do it ) I can tell the difference from my xl. I'm able to switch games within seconds , and not wait for the system to boot up, I can have a game playin in the background and do an update on another game at the same time . Over all it definatley is faster , I don't care for stylus . Circle pad is amazing but took some time to get used to , I didn't like it at first . Face tracking thing really works .

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

NEW 3DS + 3DS REVIEW (Bonus: MM3D \"Umbraxifyed\")
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »

Offline kobob23

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 10 / 3
    • View Profile
  • They took my candy... And I took their planet.
I normally (mostly) dont care about 1 persons opinion (and I still do) but this was very thought out and I liked this review I'll think of this when I (probably) get the New 3DS XL

Omg i need dat
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:52:05 AM by kobob23 »
Marine Corps
 the peace of DBO is in our hands, and we WILL protect it

Signatures by Kaiza: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

NEW 3DS + 3DS REVIEW (Bonus: MM3D \"Umbraxifyed\")
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I normally (mostly) dont care about 1 persons opinion (and I still do) but this was very thought out and I liked this review I'll think of this when I (probably) get the New 3DS XL

Omg i need dat

Glad to help :D
Do you have a charger already?

@Kairouken I didn't bother to watch the video, but what's Nintendo's reason for doing this?

this is bulls**t

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
There was no reason other than Nintendo of america not thinking it would sell well because americans have the mindset that bigger is better.

Personally, I like the screen size of the xl version more than this smaller one. However, the resolution is the exact same, which ofc means the ppicture quality looks like utter shit. Smaller screen is better in this instance since the jaggies are much less obtrusive. Also, I much prefer the design aesthetics of the normal model to that of the xl. The xl is just plain ugly

Had both the regular XL and regular 3DS, and the screen quality looks pretty much exactly the same.

It's not as bad as the DS lite to the DSi XL.

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 09:20:29 PM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

Never had a dsi xl myself. Sounds awful tho.

As fot the new 3ds xl, I tried it out myself for srveral hours and the difference was huge. Only positive thing I can say about it besides what I said in a previos post is that the bottom screen looks significantlt clearer. Also, the scteens look better outdoors in sunlight.

Yeah. You read all the new features right?