• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Yesterday at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Yesterday at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • December 16, 2017, 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • December 16, 2017, 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: DEATH BATTLE! Thread  (Read 17701 times)

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:29:06 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
I made an individual Death Battle thread a while back for the Boo VS Kirby episode, but this webseries comes out with a new episode about once a month (even though a recent one was taken down due to a copyright claim). I think that's enough to justify a consolidated thread, especially considering the popularity of the series and the fact that I didn't see a thread ahead of time.

The most recent episode was Gaara Vs Toph, embedded below.

Spoiler for Episode Spoilers Under Tag:
I honestly think that this entire episode was naughtyword because they focus on Toph's counters for Gaara's sand in explanation for her victory, but don't address the major speed advantage that Gaara has with attacks moving at near mach speeds while Toph has normal human speed and human reflexes are well below the threshold needed to react to those types of attacks. Gaara's sand coffin also constricts the opponent and makes the movements involved in Earthbending impossible to perform.

Judging by Boomstick's reaction about yet another anime character losing, I kind of think that Death Battle primarily works on trolling their audience members these days. Between this and the Boo Vs Kirby episode, I think it's pretty obvious that they're picking on fandoms that pride themselves in the strength of their characters and are more likely to become enraged (like Dragon Ball and Naruto) and shitting on them because they know they can incite a reaction. At the same time, it would be a lot easier to simply find a character who's undisputedly stronger if that was what they aimed to do instead of twisting the truth in their favor to do so.

While the next episode is just going to be a remastering of their first episode, Samus Vs Boba Fett, they unveiled three episodes they plan to do at a convention in January (listed below) with no more information on when they'd be released.

• Chuck Norris Vs Segata Sanshiro
  • Smokey the Bear Vs Scruff McGruff
  • Galactus Vs Unicron
As a side note, one of the researchers for Death Battle actually wrote up preliminary analyses of Unicron and Galactus before the episode was announced, but the conclusion that was supposed to go up was presumably not posted as a result of the fight being actually announced. You can find the Galactus write-up here and the Unicron write-up here, though take the information with a handful of salt -- most of it is definitely taken from secondary sources and I'm familiar with both enough first-hand that I can pick out a number of inaccuracies just after a skim. I hope they track down the relevant information before an episode and avoid half-assing and cherry-picking like they have been.

Discuss the episodes, past and future, in this thread, but for heaven's sake, please start a separate thread if you want to talk Goku Vs Superman so that this one doesn't get muddled.

Edit: I'm going to attempt to keep this first post up to date to the best of my ability. As of August 22nd, the most recent episode is Knuckles Vs Donkey Kong, embedded below. The upcoming fight is Wolverine Vs Raiden (from Metal Gear Solid).

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:45:51 AM by Kiyza »

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
i lost faith in screw attack when kirby won.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 12:02:57 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
I feel like they don't also pay attention to the fact that he's a ninja and he can actually fight without sand , though for the most part Toph can stop a lot of garras stuff but so can most earthbenders . I think old toph can beat him easily but I don't nessecarily agree with this toph winning .

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 01:58:49 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
i lost faith in screw attack when kirby won.

Let's be fair. Screw Attack is more than just Death Battle videos and at least Brentalfloss still does amusing videos.

That said, I don't think there was ever a time to have faith in Death Battle. As early on as Rogue Vs Wonder Woman, you can see some glaring mis-matches. For the record, Wonder Woman and Rogue aren't even in the same weight class and Wondy is about as strong as Superman.

The last two non-canceled Death Battles probably left a bitter taste in people's mouths because they made an explicit point to mock fans of anime in them, with the Goku commercial and Boomstick crying over another anime character losing. It really does come off as them messing with the audience to drum up controversy -- which will get them more people watching, which will draw more people to their videos, and ultimately result in more ad revenue. They're definitely not an authoritative source of information to say the least, but I will give them props for doing some in-depth research with some of their episodes.

I feel like they don't also pay attention to the fact that he's a ninja and he can actually fight without sand , though for the most part Toph can stop a lot of garras stuff but so can most earthbenders . I think old toph can beat him easily but I don't nessecarily agree with this toph winning .

Gaara's sand can't actually be controlled by others because of his mother's blessing if memory serves, so it would make it much more difficult to counter. The only way to deal with it would be by reacting with her own attacks and her speed disadvantage makes that difficult.

Nah Screwattack just wants to troll the weeaboos

They're a very easy group of people to troll to be fair. Few fandoms take their power level discussions as far as Dragon Ball or Naruto fans, and that's an easy way to drum up discussion and rage, which, again, leads to more people watching the episode, it showing up as a featured video or suggested video, and eventually, more ad revenue.

At least the four revealed episodes don't really seem to be the type that are made to irritate people. The reanimated episode is there for the long-time fans, the Smokey Vs Scruff and Chuck Norris Vs Segata Sanshiro episodes are obviously jokes, and good luck making people who like Galactus angry because Marvel themselves are way ahead of you on that. (Fans of Unicron do not exist and he's divisive within the Transformers fandom to begin with) We might well have a few more episodes lined up before then, especially because I'd have to imagine Unicron Vs Galactus would be the season finale, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if they want to mess with people more. It'll probably result in a lack of views eventually if they keep it up because it hurts the authoritative outward appearance they (attempt to) have.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 02:05:31 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
I don't watch the series, has a lot of naughtyword. But if they made Sora vs Pit I would watch asap.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 04:44:04 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Probably the thing that irritates me the most about Death Battle is that people take the series way too seriously. The creators have told us time and time again to stop taking the show seriously. They've also told us that the animated fight is NOT what determines the winner, but is specifically made for entertainment purposes. If anything, I'm actually open-minded with the battles and honestly go with whatever results our given. Sure some battles hit me in the feels (Goku vs. Superman being one), but I'm not going to cry over it and say that was a cheap match and shit.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 07:09:07 AM »

Offline GogetaAR

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Nintendo ID: AholaR
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I knew Toph was going to win. :r_bigsmile:

Made by Kaiza.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 08:05:17 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Probably the thing that irritates me the most about Death Battle is that people take the series way too seriously. The creators have told us time and time again to stop taking the show seriously. They've also told us that the animated fight is NOT what determines the winner, but is specifically made for entertainment purposes. If anything, I'm actually open-minded with the battles and honestly go with whatever results our given. Sure some battles hit me in the feels (Goku vs. Superman being one), but I'm not going to cry over it and say that was a cheap match and shit.

Don't get me wrong here, BB. I'm not someone who gets bent out of shape over a silly YouTube video because my favorite characters didn't win. On the contrary, I prefer Kirby and Toph and it's people who are irritated by that factor that I'd imagine are the primary source of the downvotes on the videos. Regardless of who "deserved" to win, it's not an excuse for the venomous way they treated Dragon Ball fans over Goku losing the Superman fight in the Boo Vs Kirby episode, nor the cheap shot at anime characters in this episode, and it really does seem like they had those characters lose intentionally in order to bother people. The only things worth being irritated at Death Battle on are when they don't do their research and when they belittle the audience, and the latter seems to be the case here.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 08:24:33 AM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
Now I don't watch Naruto (maybe except for like the odd 2 or 3 episodes)...but I still gotta say based from my own logic that Gaara should have one. And mind you this is coming from someone who loved to watch Avatar the Last Airbender as a child.

Kiyza has already stated a few points I agree with - Gaara is simply a ninja. Or in over-simplistic terms: a enhanced/super human. Everything a human is, he is faster and stronger. Hell he can even have access to Chakra. Unfortunately, I watched the video and I didn't see him do anything but sit on his ass and throw sand. And make sand barriers. Like that was his only viable option.

...unless that's what he does in the anime. Which in that case would follow his mindset (sorta like goku destroying kryptonite based on his personality). But then I'd have to say wow whenever gaara fights it must be boring watching him sit there. So I doubt the Naruto anime or manga shows that.

Toph on the other hand is a VERY powerful earth bender. Which is in no way an under-statement. All I'm saying is compared to Gaara...I'm pretty sure he overwhelms her in categories OTHER than earth/sand.

In conclusion, I think Gaara should've won. And I seem to share the same opinions as others here. I've lost faith in ScrewAttack a long time ago.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 09:05:05 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Death Battle is complete crap and naughtyword.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
The first and only Death Battle that I watched was Deathstroke vs Deadpool. It was cheesy and stupid af.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
The first and only Death Battle that I watched was Deathstroke vs Deadpool. It was cheesy and stupid af.
Of course it was going to be "cheesy." It involved Deadpool who, literally, breaks the 4th wall on a daily basis.

Anyway, the shows themselves tend to be questionable, but you can't deny how good some of the animated fights are.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »

Offline Meredy84

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
LOL I like all of the DEATH BATTLE! Episodes that they have released. So fun and entertaining to watch and get laughs out of it as well.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 12:02:18 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Just watched this one again

I think I can safely say its one of the only ones they did proper research into. Not all of their points may be correct but its still pretty good. And I totally agree with the conclusion.
Lol I'm guessing you just posted that because you wanted a reply, well here you go. That's hands down one of the worst ones with Majin Buu vs Kirby. Those two were complete bs especially the Kirby vs Majin Buu one. They don't even watch DBZ they even admitted they scanned through the series just to make the death battles. They honestly made those two just to piss off DBZ fans/fanboys and make superman fanboys happy. I guess you can say I'm a fanboy but whatever. And in the death battles they always make the anime characters lose when it's obvious they will beat the non anime character they've been put up against. The death battle series is crap.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 01:17:11 AM »
    • View Profile
  • If someone's hurting, don't stand their and watch
Yes, generally when I post something I expect a response.

I have no idea how you can say that was one of the worst ones. I'll agree kirby vs buu was pure shit, but this was very well done if you ask me. (the cg was terrible tho lol)
Your banned now
MarineCorps
We WILL Protect the peace

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 07:23:25 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Lol I'm guessing you just posted that because you wanted a reply, well here you go. That's hands down one of the worst ones with Majin Buu vs Kirby. Those two were complete bs especially the Kirby vs Majin Buu one. They don't even watch DBZ they even admitted they scanned through the series just to make the death battles. They honestly made those two just to piss off DBZ fans/fanboys and make superman fanboys happy. I guess you can say I'm a fanboy but whatever. And in the death battles they always make the anime characters lose when it's obvious they will beat the non anime character they've been put up against. The death battle series is crap.

Now, I'm not going to argue that with the last two episodes, the intent wasn't to rustle the collective jimmies of Dragon Ball and Naruto fans, but you're being remarkably unfair.

Believe it or not, it would be very difficult to watch all of Dragon Ball. I consider myself a big fan of the series and I still haven't managed to do it myself. Now, I've read the manga in its entirety, but Christ, I've literally fallen asleep during some story arcs. On the flip side, it would most likely be impossible to read/watch/experience everything involving Superman, considering much of it (especially the early stuff) has been lost to the ages. If you read every comic, watched every movie, watched every cartoon, listened to every radio serial, and so on, you'd have wasted a lifetime preparing for one episode, and it would be extremely unfair if they watched all of Dragon Ball (Z, GT, movies, and specials included) and didn't break their back similarly with Superman. Considering how much research they did, and the fact that they personally consulted people I know are known for their expertise in the series (like the staff at Kanzenshuu), I don't think you can fault them in that department.

If they actually had a bias against Dragon Ball (at least when doing this episode, I still think the Boo Vs Kirby fight was partially trolling), they wouldn't have given Vegeta the win against Shadow. They could have easily pulled contrived naughtyword about how strong Sonic characters are were (bless the reboot) in the video, but they didn't. Boomstick, one of the two hosts for the series, admitted after the episode aired that he didn't like Superman because he thought he was too strong in a separate video. He also mentioned that not only did he outright prefer Goku, but that they did quite a bit to give Goku the edge in their analysis to help him measure up. You can find the source here, start the video at 15:40 in.

Now, if you want to argue who would win rather than Death Battle's potential biases, I'd like to request that you make a separate thread. I'd like this one to remain on-topic and be about Death Battle as a webseries, not about who would win a fight between Goku and Superman.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
Now I don't watch Naruto (maybe except for like the odd 2 or 3 episodes)...but I still gotta say based from my own logic that Gaara should have one. And mind you this is coming from someone who loved to watch Avatar the Last Airbender as a child.

Kiyza has already stated a few points I agree with - Gaara is simply a ninja. Or in over-simplistic terms: a enhanced/super human. Everything a human is, he is faster and stronger. Hell he can even have access to Chakra. Unfortunately, I watched the video and I didn't see him do anything but sit on his ass and throw sand. And make sand barriers. Like that was his only viable option.

...unless that's what he does in the anime. Which in that case would follow his mindset (sorta like goku destroying kryptonite based on his personality). But then I'd have to say wow whenever gaara fights it must be boring watching him sit there. So I doubt the Naruto anime or manga shows that.

Toph on the other hand is a VERY powerful earth bender. Which is in no way an under-statement. All I'm saying is compared to Gaara...I'm pretty sure he overwhelms her in categories OTHER than earth/sand.

In conclusion, I think Gaara should've won. And I seem to share the same opinions as others here. I've lost faith in ScrewAttack a long time ago.

Actually, for this i agree with their conclusion. Tbh everything garra could throw at toph she can bend it to her will. Only think he could do is throw a explosive tag or somethin.  Now i know both of these series well, love them both and payed attention to the info they gave, which was acceptable. But toph would win. Now if garra could somehow get her off the ground than he could walk over her. But the moment she comes into contact with his sand it can basically be hers.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 01:41:41 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
She'll bend his sand so all she has to do is take itbout his gourd and keep it away from him. Ig garra doesnt have aby fhakra his sand wont work but toph has stamina mayched by only avatars, she would still be able to control it. Also if she opens a whole traps him inside before he does anythinG he is dead. But that pribably wont happen.

Join Radiant Dawn

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
Garra isnt fast (neither is toph but), also sucks as at taijutusu or hand to hand combat. Also garra isnt physical stron.  Toph is though. Their is a genin in the sand village that tought garra taijutusu while he was still Kazekage. The fact that a low rank ninja was teaching the leader of the village hiw to fight is bad. Also as soon as gara moves, toph will start bending.

Im not saying garra is weak. He is pretty strong. But compared to topH he doesnt add up. I hope you know without garra gourd and no sand he is basically a sitting duck. But toph will at least almost have something to bend.

Join Radiant Dawn

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
She'll bend his sand so all she has to do is take itbout his gourd and keep it away from him. Ig garra doesnt have aby fhakra his sand wont work but toph has stamina mayched by only avatars, she would still be able to control it. Also if she opens a whole traps him inside before he does anythinG he is dead. But that pribably wont happen.

Okay, so discounting the misspellings that are making this difficult to read, she can't bend Gaara's sand. No one can control it but him because it has his mother's blessings or something contrived like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Gaara have a pretty substantial amount of superhuman strength? He should be owning here if he used to be able to compete with other Naruto characters.

He does, not to mention speed. At least in the low supersonic range if memory serves.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Gaara have a pretty substantial amount of superhuman strength? He should be owning here if he used to be able to compete with other Naruto characters.
Yea no. He isnt Tsuande  He would probaly be stronger than an average human but garra doesnt really use his hands its all his sand.

And where or who or when does it say he can only control it. Now sure nobody else in the naruto world controlled it but him but who tried and nobody really had his gift. Toph could bend it.

Now if you want to further discuss this then pm me or somethin.

Join Radiant Dawn

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Forgot to post it earlier, but the Boba Fett Vs Samus Aran remastered video is available now. Teaser for Segata Sanshiro Vs Chuck Norris at the end and preliminary analyses can be found here for Chuck Norris and here for Segata Sanshiro.

Interestingly enough, I heard there was a live stream version of this fight that flashed an image of Goku as a Super Saiyan God during it. I'd imagine it might be a tease toward a season finale, especially since the Unicron Vs Galactus fight is apparently slated for next after Chuck Norris Vs Segata Sanshiro (no confirmation on that, though). But really, adding fuel to the fire with that one is only going to wind up biting them in the ass if you ask me. They need to move on from it -- it's turning into a stale joke

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 08:53:58 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Hacker / cracker : Knowledge is free We are Legion
  • I am a: Grand Chef
is very freak the video XD

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 05:42:28 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Bumping because the next battle is Doctor Doom Vs Darth Vader, and I just want to say, good God, what are they thinking with a fight this one-sided?

Also, Solid Snake Vs Sam Fisher, in case anyone missed it.

DEATH BATTLE! Thread
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 06:04:21 AM »

Offline Stormfall

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Bumblebee
  • I am a: Majin
Gaara vs Toph? 0-0 I never saw the video but I assume Toph won.