• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: new upgrade system  (Read 8507 times)

new upgrade system
« on: February 12, 2015, 07:39:07 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Viciouss da Zombie Raver
i know i alreday said but i really dislike upgrade,cuz of downgrade.
this will make ppl rage quit and get pissed everytime.
i talk with my old dbo friends who actually know how the game was and how upgrade is and we come up with this:
to +8 armor or weapon , 100% rate
+8++ will do changes only fail and succes : the succes though has low chance
8>9 35%
9>10 25%
10>11 18%
11 > 12 12%
12 > 13 8%
13 > 14 4%
14 > 15 2%

this is how it should or atleast close to this , we test it and we see if it is low enough or high to balance it more

i hope devs will take this in considerations.

imagine ppl all with +15 , crazy PVP tournement if u ask me , and ther u can see true skills of combo and reflex

not realy , it will take atleast 4-5 month to do full set +15 ... wich is crazy long time

everyone +15 is good though , ther wont be a p2w character wich u all aparently are used to see it

when the game is based on Gears , make sure to make all ppl attein same gear otherwise it get boring and ppl will leave

all my freinds in dbo quited cuz of gears from kanden to ben to my brothers to ....

i think thats better hahahaa no downgrade or broken but only succes.. But the succes rate is very low at +8 and its lowering when the + is bigge

I like your suggestion

Tera , AuraKingdom , DMO , are prime examples where ur chances get higher next time if u fail , no break , do TERA players whine about all being +12 ? no .

there is no sense in maintaining such a broken system if you're not accounting for the marketing. main reason F2P MMOs even introduce an enchantment system is simply since they want to extend the replay value and maximize profit from microtransactions.

in CHN B&S ; "oh, don't wanna break your item? we have 12-pack mercury special in cash shop to save your ass for only $19.99!"

IMBO like people have suggested here, retain the old enchantment system but remove the breaks, fails are okay. just further increase the gold cost, problem solved.

even in saint seiya online u can upgrade without breaking

this are the highlight parts of the convo :)
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak
And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

new upgrade system
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 08:00:25 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
I'm against this!

Upgrade system shouldn't get changed. It has to be hard so ppl will have to do something to have something good.

Everyone with +8? Dafaq...Hell to the nawww!

If you want to have high upgrades you have to farm/buy upgrade stones (do some work). Then buy a white stone (do some work for money and buy them) and then try your luck. It would really suck if everyone would be able to get +8 without any problems loooool...

This now sounds harsh but if your friends "cried" over upgrade, then your friends were noobs lol.

So nope...don't wanna see this. Or any other change for upgrade system. The game was already muuuch too easy. It should stay the way it was. My opinion...  ;D
*click for original size*

new upgrade system
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:10:07 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Formerly known as Rhamus,Harkat,ZFighter in DBO TW
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
I hated the upgrade system honestly because it required a lot of zenni/cash to get anything good. Really wasn't based on skill or anything just pure luck. Honestly though if DBOR is completely f2p it will probably be better than it was in DBO. The highest I ever got my gear to was at 60 cap to +12 after +8 I usually didn't take many risks because it would just piss me off lol.

new upgrade system
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
I'm against this!

Upgrade system shouldn't get changed. It has to be hard so ppl will have to do something to have something good.

Everyone with +8? Dafaq...Hell to the nawww!

If you want to have high upgrades you have to farm/buy upgrade stones (do some work). Then buy a white stone (do some work for money and buy them) and then try your luck. It would really suck if everyone would be able to get +8 without any problems loooool...

This now sounds harsh but if your friends "cried" over upgrade, then your friends were noobs lol.

So nope...don't wanna see this. Or any other change for upgrade system. The game was already muuuch too easy. It should stay the way it was. My opinion...  ;D

Getting high level equipment to be competitive in PvP was a must. There was a time in DBO's lifetime that +6 could win you third place in solo/party Budokai, but not anymore.

There were two things that drove me absolutely insane with DBO, Fighter's crits and the god-damn upgrade system.

Farm for the right gear sure, you would get the type of armour you wanted with the wrong stats, spend $20-$100 to get the right stats on that armour with brown boxes, then spend upwards of 500m upgrading something that could potentially break after +6.

My point is, if you wish the upgrade system to stay the same, other aspects need tweaking. For example, if you could obtain brown boxes through in-game methods, price fluctuations of stones (near impossible to control).

Trust me, upgrading is one of the biggest parts of the end game of DBO. In the two years I played DBO, I only every drop two pieces of equipment that had the stats I wanted; 33 Dex earring and 12% Physical reflect boots.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

new upgrade system
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
upgrade system easy?
LOL
how much u play dbo and how much char u upgrade?
i oplay since korean beta and for get my items i buyed them from chinese sites already +10 cuz upgrade piss me off
anyway this is just a suggestion,tyake the % abd the +x for exanple the point FOR ME is remove break item/downgrade and will work good
We will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak And we will never rest, 'til we're all naughtyword dead

new upgrade system
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 08:24:08 AM »
    • View Profile
Make some Zenny and buy the stuff from AH (if you find the sh*t you need). You don't always need to have the highest stats on EQ...you just have to be a bit modest^^

Dunno how brown boxes will be obtainable ingame...maybe with token shop? or during events...dunno and about the upgrade stone prices..well ...dunno how the price will be in in DBOR but we will see. I am pretty sure it will be like S1 and S2 combined which may make it balanced^^

Back in S1 everything was dayyuuum expensive...but because of that you were able to make good zenny^^ Don't really know how it was on S2 but i heard the prices were not as high as on S1.

And sure it sucked to lose your weapon by breaking it...but hey...sh*t happens. Try again xD
It's luck anyways... ;D

@Blaka: I didn't say Upgrade was easy...i said the game was easy enough. So having a hard upgrade system was good since you actually really had to work to get high upgrades^^

new upgrade system
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 08:29:37 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
i got different point of view here.upgrade was too hard and make a lot of people dont wanna play and not do endgame contenet.
anyway like i say upgrade can stay the same,just need remove broke of items and fowngrade put 2 fail instead beacause a system that make u lose something u earned so hard its unfrair
i m not asking about insta +10 or +15 just remove downgrrade and lose items :) i m fine even with old style upgrade that after +3 u was need 2 stone and after +6 3 stones i really disliked downgrade and broken because make u dont want play more when happen and piss you off

new upgrade system
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline Sendoku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • A new era is coming.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I think that it shouldn't be totally random like it was, but then again will they be able to change this ? anyways, it's right that it shouldn't be totally random, but on the other hand, getting +8 with ease is a retarded idea because +8 items are kinda strong, and it lose the whole point of purple/green stones, try to get from +5 to +8, instead of taking the risk of doing it with red stones, so +6-7-8.

IMO it's a really hard system to balance, but in anyways if it's about % chances then it will STILL be luck based, so really i don't mind the actual system, unlucky with upgrades ? then buy highly-upgraded gears.

new upgrade system
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
  • I am a: Dende Priest
Upgrade system should be changed  :-\, I had to buy items +10 or higher (never cashed). The highest I got was a sword +10. And then I broke it.   

new upgrade system
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Eh, the upgrade system made me rage.

new upgrade system
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:07:55 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
i hope devs will listen us and remove downgrade and break items...seriously this ruin the game

new upgrade system
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
  • I am a: Fighter
Your percentages suck lol
2%!! .. 

I agree though the downgrade system sucks and maybe if it changed to -1 each downgrade instead of wiping your gear -3 ect

Doesn't Matter for me  as luke gonna pimp me out with dem+15's
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

new upgrade system
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 09:36:02 AM »

Offline Blaka

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
lol i m fine even with higher %
but idk why all wanan things hard so i put % hard

new upgrade system
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »

Offline Chinwuke

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 0
    • View Profile
I agree that something needs to change as far as being able both get good gear (stats wise) and being able to highly upgrade them. This is coming from someone who had maaaany highly upgraded gears including a few +15 armors and weapons. The system was too hard. At some point after the game releases something will be changed, that I'm sure of. The community is what sustains the game and if the overwhelming outcry is for the system to change then it will. The only question is in what way(s) would/should it change. Can't make it too easy for obvious reason and can't keep it too hard for obvious reasons. Yes you could do things like make the availability of brown boxes (or some other item) easier to come by. I don't like brown boxes in general tho. Makes the game too easy in some respects. Out of all the ideas that I can think of or have heard the one I like the most is the simplest change outside of doing nothing. And I think it's the best compromise of the two extremes. Leave it the way it is vs make it a lot easier. I'd say just leave it the way it is but remove the possibility of your weapon/armor breaking. Like when you use white stones, it just downgrades a certain amount when you get break. I think we can all see the benefits of a system where you have to work hard to be strong but can't easily loose what you've worked so hard for. Btw, I'm sure I've  heard this idea in another thread. I'd like to hear some critiques on this.

new upgrade system
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
    • View Profile
Well...all i understand here is that ppl only want a positive upgrade system...but that won't work. Upgrade system needs to have negative aspects too.

This suggestion just makes sure that everyone will have +15 on everything after some time...even if it's low % chance. All you would need is to be rich and have some time. Then you try and try and try etc. and *ding* you have 15 since upgrade has no negative side...not to mention  to get +8 without problems....

That's why  i wrote not to change it xD
I know it sucks if something gets downgraded or breaks...but with this you'll always have something to do^^
Or are you the kind of players who are just standing around after they failed on something ingame?

new upgrade system
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline Chinwuke

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Maybe you were responding to someone else or didn't read the part I said about my suggestion. It does have a negative side. I'd like to hear your (and others) thoughts on that.

Edit: meaning the part where you keep it the same with one difference. When you get break, it reacts like you have a white stone. If you've ever used white stones before, it still sucks when you get downgraded 2-6 lvls (or whatever we'd decide) but it's still better than saying bye bye to your item.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:07:22 AM by Chinwuke »

new upgrade system
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
We shouldnt make things to easy guys i know its a naughtyword to get a good upgrade but thats the risk you gotta take
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

new upgrade system
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

Offline Jaryan

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • MarineCorps recruiting majins and nameks
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
i know i alreday said but i really dislike upgrade,cuz of downgrade.
this will make ppl rage quit and get pissed everytime.
i talk with my old dbo friends who actually know how the game was and how upgrade is and we come up with this:
to +8 armor or weapon , 100% rate
+8++ will do changes only fail and succes : the succes though has low chance
8>9 35%
9>10 25%
10>11 18%
11 > 12 12%
12 > 13 8%
13 > 14 4%
14 > 15 2%

this is how it should or atleast close to this , we test it and we see if it is low enough or high to balance it more

i hope devs will take this in considerations.

imagine ppl all with +15 , crazy PVP tournement if u ask me , and ther u can see true skills of combo and reflex

not realy , it will take atleast 4-5 month to do full set +15 ... wich is crazy long time

everyone +15 is good though , ther wont be a p2w character wich u all aparently are used to see it

when the game is based on Gears , make sure to make all ppl attein same gear otherwise it get boring and ppl will leave

all my freinds in dbo quited cuz of gears from kanden to ben to my brothers to ....

i think thats better hahahaa no downgrade or broken but only succes.. But the succes rate is very low at +8 and its lowering when the + is bigge

I like your suggestion

Tera , AuraKingdom , DMO , are prime examples where ur chances get higher next time if u fail , no break , do TERA players whine about all being +12 ? no .

there is no sense in maintaining such a broken system if you're not accounting for the marketing. main reason F2P MMOs even introduce an enchantment system is simply since they want to extend the replay value and maximize profit from microtransactions.

in CHN B&S ; "oh, don't wanna break your item? we have 12-pack mercury special in cash shop to save your ass for only $19.99!"

IMBO like people have suggested here, retain the old enchantment system but remove the breaks, fails are okay. just further increase the gold cost, problem solved.

even in saint seiya online u can upgrade without breaking

this are the highlight parts of the convo :)

Great topic for a discussion, the upgrade system is the reason why i quit DBO, my +14 pants broke and I got so mad that I just quit playing DBO and I never came back...

In regards to the topic of a new system, idc for it, im the type of person who doesn't mind a challenge and with the current system I like how it separates the skill level of the characters and forces players to grind and put in the work to be successful...

I dont mind a new system that doesn't include breaks as long it is a great challenge for the players, for example level gear from 1-6 will make you choose from 3 boxes to (1success and 2 fail), from 6-12 can include 4 boxes instead of 3 (1success and 3 fail), and lastly from 12-15 can include 5 boxes to choose from (1success and 4 fail), this would be a great challenge worth while of getting +15 without having to worry about the risk your gear getting broken...
MarineCorps are recruting especially for majins and nameks

new upgrade system
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »

Offline Aeris

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hate the fanboys
We shouldnt make things to easy guys i know its a popo to get a good upgrade but thats the risk you gotta take

Man, if you tried to get a high upgrade on DBO, you'll know why some people want to change it. I don't know if "make it easy" is the correct term. Just to change it.

Wasn't funny at all that you bought an expensive weapon, and the bought the stones that weren't cheap too... And then in the worst case you lose your weapon, your stones because it broke.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:26:36 AM by Aeris »

new upgrade system
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »

Offline keredvin

• Global Moderator
  • 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 40 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Moderator
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Simply put;

DBO = Free 2 Play

Therefore, the game was designed to attract using the cash shop. If people broke equipment, it gave them more reason to cash. The cash shop did indeed sell stones.

The DBOR will handle this accordingly.
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite part of the internet".

new upgrade system
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »
    • View Profile
Well, it's only fair that the downgrade at least stay there BUT i personally believe that the "break item" card be removed and maybe it be replaced with another downgrade card. Then it wouldn't be too easy to get upgraded equipment, But it would make it less of a pain to upgrade. Personally i think it could work. Does anyone agree/Disagree with this?

new upgrade system
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »

Offline Chinwuke

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Well, it's only fair that the downgrade at least stay there BUT i personally believe that the "break item" card be removed and maybe it be replaced with another downgrade card. Then it wouldn't be too easy to get upgraded equipment, But it would make it less of a pain to upgrade. Personally i think it could work. Does anyone agree/Disagree with this?
I do. It's exactly what I just said twice.

Simply put;

DBO = Free 2 Play

Therefore, the game was designed to attract using the cash shop. If people broke equipment, it gave them more reason to cash. The cash shop did indeed sell stones.

The DBOR will handle this accordingly.

Once that happens along with balancing the game will be 10X better than before imo. And it was pretty great to begin with.

new upgrade system
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
Honestly, I don't think it should be changed. Maybe the only thing i would like to change is the White stone being taken away when it is a success or failed. I think it should only be taken away when it breaks.

The upgrade system wasn't meant to be easy. It's hard for a reason. Imagine it being easy then everyone would have high upgraded gears. There would be no difference between the community.

I don't think it should be changed honestly.

new upgrade system
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 02:37:07 PM »

Offline Chinwuke

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Honestly, I don't think it should be changed. Maybe the only thing i would like to change is the White stone being taken away when it is a success or failed. I think it should only be taken away when it breaks.

Even that is much better  than we had. And of course a slightly easier way to attain white stones. Before being almost exclusively cash shop.

new upgrade system
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »
    • View Profile
The situation is quite simple really, just replace with this here system:

Hold Spacebar= Success
Hold Backspace= Broken
Idle= +15

Everything is fixed!!