* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: What things/ Characters didn't you like in Dragonball  (Read 7230 times)

What things/ Characters didn't you like in Dragonball
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
I'd like to know what characters or things in DB irritate you.

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:03:46 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Dragon Ball GT

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I really wish Tien got to be much more than he is.

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Also, I hated Chaozu.

...I hate Chaozu so much.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
Goten and Trunks growing up became  a disappointment

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
At first, I thought Hercule was a total waste, but once I learned that he's basically the ONLY CHARACTER TO NOT DIE ONCE (DBZ AND GT) as well as the ONLY HUMAN TO NOT GET KILLED BY MAJIN BUU I've grown to like him.

They followed Gohan's shoes. Per shame...at least Pan showed promise. Also, wtf with Bra? She's a girly twoshoes who also happens to be HALF-SAYAIN. Wasted potential...

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 02:11:56 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Goten and kid trunks always sucked.

What things/ Characters didn\'t you like in Dragonball
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
At first, I thought Hercule was a total waste, but once I learned that he's basically the ONLY CHARACTER TO NOT DIE ONCE (DBZ AND GT) as well as the ONLY HUMAN TO NOT GET KILLED BY MAJIN BUU I've grown to like him.
They followed Gohan's shoes. Per shame...at least Pan showed promise. Also, wtf with Bra? She's a girly twoshoes who also happens to be HALF-SAYAIN. Wasted potential...
Yeah! That too, Bra shouldve been badass....

Post Merge: December 24, 2014, 02:13:48 PM
Goten and kid trunks always sucked.
At least they both liked to fight and be saiyans !!(or half saiyans ......)

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Of course, to be fair, Akira Toriyama wasn't really good with utilizing female characters very well. It's pretty much why we never seen him design a Super Saiyan look for females.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 02:16:36 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Ah, it's time for the grand list of things I hate about Dragon Ball.

1. The Majority of the Fandom: My God, Dragon Ball has the most insufferable anime fandom this way of Naruto. DBOR isn't actually that bad as a site, but whenever I look at other places, all I see is people who want to discuss POWAH LEVULZ and other things like that. Maybe I wanted to talk about things like the characters, or the art, or just... something else. They're also exceptionally ignorant as a collective.

2. Overrepresentation of Saiyans: Because I actually liked other characters that were more or less shafted to make way for blonde monkeys. The spotlight hogging is bad enough, but more recent Dragon Ball media has kind of rubbed salt in the wounds through things like the utterly unnecessary Episode of Bardock and Dragon Ball Minus. Kind of wish they'd do side story type things like that about other characters.

3. Fans and Vegeta: It's not actually that I hate Vegeta as much as the fan reaction to him. They put him on a pedestal and play him up as a total badass while ignoring that he's often the cause of a lot of the major problems in the story (*coughCellcough*) and is, under the surface, very insecure and hides behind a superiority complex. He's an interesting character, but I don't think most fans understand why.

4. Most Video Games: Because they tend to be boring, repetitive rehashes of the same content over and over. They're getting better at not doing that, granted, but still.

5. Broli: Does this need to be explained? Really? He had three movies. He's pushed into every video game as the strongest character by default. He has a legion of fanboys with less brain cells than a Hulk fan, and let me tell you, that's impressive.

Of course, to be fair, Akira Toriyama wasn't really good with utilizing female characters very well. It's pretty much why we never seen him design a Super Saiyan look for females.

I can't entirely agree with this. I think the fact that there aren't any female Super Saiyans has more to do with it being a series targeted toward, well, boys. Bulma was a very well written character, especially at the beginning, even if she never had a combat role. His work with stuff like Dr. Slump strikes me as proof that it's not like he's incompetent writing female characters as much as he recognizes that this is, first and foremost, a series for boys. And there's nothing wrong with that.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
1. Oh god, and don't even get me started on their creativity. *shivers* Hopefully I'm not on that list of yours.

2. Yeah I can agree with Episode of Bardock, but I kinda felt Dragonball Minus was needed considering Bardock's first special wasn't done by Akira himself and people wanted to know about Goku's mom instead of dealing with...fan versions.

3. I actually didn't know that. Guess I need to surf more. lol

4. Agreed. It's one of the reasons why I'm so hyped for Xenoverse.

5. I have mixed feelings with Broli. On one hand, I love the idea of a Super Saiyan who's a bad guy and somewhat fits the situation with the legend and all. On the other hand...yeah you pretty much pointed it out, though I like to add they are REALLY milking his LSSJ form. SSJ3, Majin, SSJ4? Really?

I can't entirely agree with this. I think the fact that there aren't any female Super Saiyans has more to do with it being a series targeted toward, well, boys. Bulma was a very well written character, especially at the beginning, even if she never had a combat role. His work with stuff like Dr. Slump strikes me as proof that it's not like he's incompetent writing female characters as much as he recognizes that this is, first and foremost, a series for boys. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Okay you made a good point there.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 04:03:38 PM »
    • View Profile
There isn't really a character I didn't like in Dragon Ball...as for things, the numerous ammount of unnecesary filler episodes that were between the main story arc. Thank Kami for Dragon Ball Z Kai.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »

Offline Mindless

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
I hate how Gohan became in Buu saga, I mean, since Radish appeared he was stronger than Goku when he was raging and until Cell it was ok. Then he became useless, even with the Mystic form he didn't do much because Buu saga is the fusions saga. I didn't like Goten and Trunks to get their ssj forms like nothing and how they achieved ssj3 form too with Gotenks. Another thing is that other ZFighters were left too behind like they gived up op training. Piccolo was a great warrior but he disappeared after he gused with Kami.

What things/ Characters didn\'t you like in Dragonball
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »

Offline SonKagu

• Shenron
  • Honor: 46 / 10
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Fighter
i hate kids trunks lol . like a lot  . selfish cocky kid . He shoulda been like the future trunks

Post Merge: December 24, 2014, 06:05:14 PM
Dragon Ball GT

and that ^

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »

Offline Sendoku

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 2
    • View Profile
  • A new era is coming.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I hated how the ZFighters became useless

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 06:13:10 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
ChiChi, worried about school 24/7 stops everyone from being powerful, Goku only stays with her because she cooks good food.

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
The fact that Vegeta never really shined. Like Goku always got everything and did everything. Even when he didn't defeat cell he still seemed like the hero. I have always liked Vegeta way better than Goku. Give Vegeta some shine time man.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2014, 04:57:52 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
The fact that Vegeta never really shined. Like Goku always got everything and did everything. Even when he didn't defeat cell he still seemed like the hero. I have always liked Vegeta way better than Goku. Give Vegeta some shine time man.

Eh, I don't really see anything worth getting bent out of shape over here. I mean, no one other than Goku and Gohan has ever defeated the main antagonist of a story arc. What automatically makes Vegeta more important than Kuririn, Tenshinhan, or Piccolo? Before Vegeta was introduced, they all played second fiddle to Goku before and they've also never gotten the honors to defeat the bad guy. Out of everyone else in the series, I think Vegeta actually gets to do the most in this regard, offing a lot of the villains on Namek. That's better than what most other characters get. He still gets more limelight after his introduction than anyone other than Gohan.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 05:02:39 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
Eh, I don't really see anything worth getting bent out of shape over here. I mean, no one other than Goku and Gohan has ever defeated the main antagonist of a story arc. What automatically makes Vegeta more important than Kuririn, Tenshinhan, or Piccolo? Before Vegeta was introduced, they all played second fiddle to Goku before and they've also never gotten the honors to defeat the bad guy. Out of everyone else in the series, I think Vegeta actually gets to do the most in this regard, offing a lot of the villains on Namek. That's better than what most other characters get. He still gets more limelight after his introduction than anyone other than Gohan.

Ok well actually. Why do sayians always have to save the day. Why can't Picollo or Yamcha get a ridiculous power boost?

Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2014, 05:17:38 AM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
Ok well actually. Why do sayians always have to save the day. Why can't Picollo or Yamcha get a ridiculous power boost?

This was one of my annoyances with the anime/manga. I really wanted an actual HUMAN to save earth... Like so many shows, the 'gifted' characters were used as a crutch and everyone else slowly had no relevance.

I was going to rant on about the key visual inconsistences in the anime, but I'll leave that for another time.

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2014, 05:27:31 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus

Piccolo does get two ridiculous power boosts and he still manages to stay in the game longer than anyone other than Saiyan characters. At that point, though, the Saiyan characters get some more magical power-up -- Vegeta gets his Majin/Prince of Destruction thing, Gohan gets a magical power-up, and Gotenks and Vegetto are fusions. Even if he's not a combatant during the Boo arc, Piccolo still helps out by doing things like stalling for time and acting as the strategist.

With humans? I have no idea. Maybe it has something to do with catering to popularity among fans, but I'll agree that it's among my annoyances.

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 06:13:14 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
Piccolo does get two ridiculous power boosts and he still manages to stay in the game longer than anyone other than Saiyan characters. At that point, though, the Saiyan characters get some more magical power-up -- Vegeta gets his Majin/Prince of Destruction thing, Gohan gets a magical power-up, and Gotenks and Vegetto are fusions. Even if he's not a combatant during the Boo arc, Piccolo still helps out by doing things like stalling for time and acting as the strategist.

With humans? I have no idea. Maybe it has something to do with catering to popularity among fans, but I'll agree that it's among my annoyances.

OK but Vegeta majin thing isn't a "ridiculous power up" he was being a controlled. Towa does the same thing.

Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2014, 06:16:06 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
OK but Vegeta majin thing isn't a "ridiculous power up" he was being a controlled. Towa does the same thing.

That's not accurate, either.
Babidi released Vegeta's potential (allowing him to transform into a SSJ2). Vegeta just pretended to be under Babidi's control because he wanted to fight Goku.
Technically, Majin Vegeta was just SSJ2 Vegeta with a fancy tattoo on his head, despite the games trying to make them separate forms frequently.

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 06:23:36 AM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
  • I am a: Human
I didn't like Saiyaman.

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 06:30:44 AM »
    • View Profile
i dn't like mr satan but if it wasn't for him going wouldn't have gone ssj 2 and the people on earth wouldn't give their energy to goku.