[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Death Battle: Kirby Vs Majin Buu  (Read 2454 times)

Death Battle: Kirby Vs Majin Buu
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:11:31 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian

Not going to spoil, but I thought you guys might enjoy this.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:23:15 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
  • I am a: Kaioken Master

Not going to spoil, but I thought you guys might enjoy this.

Lost ALL Creditably with Death Battle after Goku v Superman.

I could of seen either one winning, It's just that what they said is complete bulls**t!

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:29:50 AM »

Offline Roxas

• Shenron
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Loyalty is key.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Haha this was entertaining to see ( when someone said majin buy and Kirby were next I didn't believe it )

Didnt your parents tell you not to play with me? Youll get burned.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:40:04 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
Haha this was entertaining to see ( when someone said majin buy and Kirby were next I didn't believe it )

Always entertaining, but never quite accurate.

I believe this gave some credit where credit was due to Kirby, but also didn't give enough credit to Buu.

The true limits of characters is always tricky subjects.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:31 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
majin buu should have won. They should do ssj god goku vs. Six paths Naruto.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 05:00:14 AM »
    • View Profile
Kirby looks like a small fat buu, with no clohes and no antenna thingy. :-\ :o

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 05:24:52 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Lost ALL Creditably with Death Battle after Goku v Superman.

I could of seen either one winning, It's just that what they said is complete bulls**t!

I think that the Goku Vs Superman Death Battle was the best researched and most entertaining episode they ever did.

On top of that, I feel like they did fudge the facts a bit... in places that would give Goku the edge. For instance, they use a conglomerate version of Goku, using information from every incarnation he'd had up until Battle of Gods (which hadn't yet been released), but they cut out any pre-Crisis material that Superman could have drawn on because, let's face it, it would have given him an unfair advantage. They also weasel around Superman's "weakness" to magic, which isn't "Superman gets weak when he's hit with a magic stick" but rather "When Zatanna talks backwards and Billy Batson says "Shazam!", Supes is screwed."

If you're miffed by, say, Goku's inability to bench more than a few tons, that's definitely true, though it wouldn't be accurate to determine his striking strength based on his lifting strength because even in the real world, it's largely dependant on how fast you move to begin with. Iron Fist from Marvel can't bench more than a normal person in good physical condition, but it's not keeping him from punching Helicarriers out of the sky. They are, however, correlated, and the real strength of Dragon Ball characters has always been in ki attacks anyway.

If you want to attack their credibility, the Rainbow Dash Vs Starscream or Wonder Woman Vs Rogue battles would probably be the worst they've done. The Rainbow Dash one was a joke to begin with, but everyone who loves their cape comics knows that Wonder Woman is a neck-breaking Dragon Ball character in disguise who would one-shot that redneck mutie.

All said and done, I actually think that this episode existed mainly to mess with Dragon Ball fans. Why? Because they're very, very easy to mess with. Outside of maybe Naruto fans, (exhibit A in this very thread, no offense) I can't think of a single fandom that's more unwilling to accept that their favorite characters aren't actually as powerful as they believe they are. When a normal group of fans -- let's say Saint Seiya fans, since it's another classic shounen where planet-destroying characters are a dime a dozen -- is approached with the comment "You know, the main character of your series is really strong, but they're not that great and would get their shit knocked in by Galactus", the typical response is usually, "Yeah, you're right, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of my favorite series because it's about more than how strong the characters are." If you tell this to Dragon Ball fans, you will get a lot of people saying that no, you're wrong, and Goku is not only stronger than the Big G, but can bench destroy the universe because of something they pulled out of their ass.

They really do bring this upon themselves. I like a lot of "strong characters" -- characters who make Goku look like a fart in the wind -- but it's not like I take it as a blow to my ego when you dig up a character that would tear mai husbando to pieces. Most fans and fandoms don't, and it's that disconnect that makes it so easy to mess with Dragon Ball fans in this fashion.

Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »

Offline Kaiza

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 16 / 0
    • View Profile
  • A lesson without pain is meaningless.
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I think that the Goku Vs Superman Death Battle was the best researched and most entertaining episode they ever did.

On top of that, I feel like they did fudge the facts a bit... in places that would give Goku the edge. For instance, they use a conglomerate version of Goku, using information from every incarnation he'd had up until Battle of Gods (which hadn't yet been released), but they cut out any pre-Crisis material that Superman could have drawn on because, let's face it, it would have given him an unfair advantage. They also weasel around Superman's "weakness" to magic, which isn't "Superman gets weak when he's hit with a magic stick" but rather "When Zatanna talks backwards and Billy Batson says "Shazam!", Supes is screwed."

If you're miffed by, say, Goku's inability to bench more than a few tons, that's definitely true, though it wouldn't be accurate to determine his striking strength based on his lifting strength because even in the real world, it's largely dependant on how fast you move to begin with. Iron Fist from Marvel can't bench more than a normal person in good physical condition, but it's not keeping him from punching Helicarriers out of the sky. They are, however, correlated, and the real strength of Dragon Ball characters has always been in ki attacks anyway.

If you want to attack their credibility, the Rainbow Dash Vs Starscream or Wonder Woman Vs Rogue battles would probably be the worst they've done. The Rainbow Dash one was a joke to begin with, but everyone who loves their cape comics knows that Wonder Woman is a neck-breaking Dragon Ball character in disguise who would one-shot that redneck mutie.

All said and done, I actually think that this episode existed mainly to mess with Dragon Ball fans. Why? Because they're very, very easy to mess with. Outside of maybe Naruto fans, (exhibit A in this very thread, no offense) I can't think of a single fandom that's more unwilling to accept that their favorite characters aren't actually as powerful as they believe they are. When a normal group of fans -- let's say Saint Seiya fans, since it's another classic shounen where planet-destroying characters are a dime a dozen -- is approached with the comment "You know, the main character of your series is really strong, but they're not that great and would get their shit knocked in by Galactus", the typical response is usually, "Yeah, you're right, but that doesn't affect my enjoyment of my favorite series because it's about more than how strong the characters are." If you tell this to Dragon Ball fans, you will get a lot of people saying that no, you're wrong, and Goku is not only stronger than the Big G, but can bench destroy the universe because of something they pulled out of their ass.

They really do bring this upon themselves. I like a lot of "strong characters" -- characters who make Goku look like a fart in the wind -- but it's not like I take it as a blow to my ego when you dig up a character that would tear mai husbando to pieces. Most fans and fandoms don't, and it's that disconnect that makes it so easy to mess with Dragon Ball fans in this fashion.

well spoken Kiyza. I have to agree 100% with what you said here as these were more or less my thoughts as well.

Back on topic however, I feel like Buu should have won this match. No, not because Buu is my favourite character or I'm a butthurt DBZ fan, but rather I looked upon this situation just out of my own logic.

First of all let me state that I do not know in detail the background/powers of Kirby or Buu. However I have played enough Kirby games to have the general gist of his powers. And I have watched all of DBZ plus it's movies, so I base my logic from those two memories I have of the characters.

Buu...Both Majin and Kid version is powerful. Like...I can't exactly describe it...those who've watched DBZ would know what I mean but I'm sure if either Buu versions punched Kirby, Kirby would lose all his health (like in the games). Essentially, he would die. Or best case scenario be knocked out unconscious. In this video, Kirby was able to guard against multiple blows. In the games, I believe that it's possible for Kirby's guard to break. That and you can't stay guarded forever. So my thinking in short form that is is simple. Buu > Kirby in terms of power. And probably speed. The warp star argument is valid if it's true that it can go the speed of light. However, Buu has the option (and did in the video) to destroy/disable the warp star as it's not indestructible.

And the ending of this video...something just bothers me. And I think it might be this: In the Goku vs Superman battle, they judged Goku's ability to take damage based upon his output force. Well based on that logic, that would mean Buu's final attack is the same strength as the amount of damage he can take. Soo....wouldn't that mean he can survive? I mean it's not like Kirby sucking up the giant energy ball Buu made could possibly make the ball of energy stronger in any means.

That's just my take on this video though.
Peace is nothing but the result of war
Need a Sig? Follow me on DeviantArt here: http://kaizayamishira.deviantart.com/

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

>Deathbattle says Buu is magical
>Buu needed ki to get out of the sealed ball
>In Goku VS Superman they say "Ki has no connection with magic"

:I

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
Back on topic however, I feel like Buu should have won this match. No, not because Buu is my favourite character or I'm a butthurt DBZ fan, but rather I looked upon this situation just out of my own logic.

First of all let me state that I do not know in detail the background/powers of Kirby or Buu. However I have played enough Kirby games to have the general gist of his powers. And I have watched all of DBZ plus it's movies, so I base my logic from those two memories I have of the characters.

Oh don't get me wrong here. I definitely don't think Kirby had any business winning this, I just find the reactions of Dragon Ball fans to be a bit extreme when it comes to the notion of a character losing a fight in something like Death Battle.

Buu...Both Majin and Kid version is powerful. Like...I can't exactly describe it...those who've watched DBZ would know what I mean but I'm sure if either Buu versions punched Kirby, Kirby would lose all his health (like in the games). Essentially, he would die. Or best case scenario be knocked out unconscious. In this video, Kirby was able to guard against multiple blows. In the games, I believe that it's possible for Kirby's guard to break. That and you can't stay guarded forever. So my thinking in short form that is is simple. Buu > Kirby in terms of power. And probably speed. The warp star argument is valid if it's true that it can go the speed of light. However, Buu has the option (and did in the video) to destroy/disable the warp star as it's not indestructible.

Kirby is presumably a fair bit more durable than most would give him credit for, though it is inconsistent. It's a video game with a neutral hit point system and damage doesn't scale, so a hit from an embodiment of a truly cosmic threat does no more damage than walking into a Waddle Dee. It doesn't mean he hasn't been shown to withstand quite a bit, just that game mechanics are the suspect here.

To clarify guarding, you can guard indefinitely in any Kirby game I've played with that mechanic (though I haven't played the two most recent ones yet, I've played almost every other). However you still take "chip damage" while guarding ala Street Fighter.

The warp star definitely is faster than light by merit of moving between planets very quickly. (ex. In Milky Way Wishes in Super Star) That would make reacting to it very difficult, especially when it comes to landing a hit, but an "AoE" type of attack would work well... if you're not in the middle of getting pummeled.

And the ending of this video...something just bothers me. And I think it might be this: In the Goku vs Superman battle, they judged Goku's ability to take damage based upon his output force. Well based on that logic, that would mean Buu's final attack is the same strength as the amount of damage he can take. Soo....wouldn't that mean he can survive? I mean it's not like Kirby sucking up the giant energy ball Buu made could possibly make the ball of energy stronger in any means.

They actually point this out explicitly. Boo is literally the only powered character in the series who takes damage from something as mundane as bullets. Boo isn't durable at all, but it seems like that because he regenerates so well.

>Deathbattle says Buu is magical
>Buu needed ki to get out of the sealed ball
>In Goku VS Superman they say "Ki has no connection with magic"

:I

Ki isn't magic, though. That's the point. Just because Boo is a magical entity that uses ki, that doesn't mean that ki = magic and they're clearly laid out as separate things in the series. Babidi is a powerful wizard, but that doesn't mean that he's a strong fighter. Goku being strong and using ki likewise does not make him a wizard.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

They actually point this out explicitly. Boo is literally the only powered character in the series who takes damage from something as mundane as bullets. Boo isn't durable at all, but it seems like that because he regenerates so well.
>Damage
It didn't damage him any more than it would other powerful DBZ characters. His body just deflected them in a different way. They explicitly say his body has magical properties, remember?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:04:00 PM by Mikecw »

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
A rocket launcher still ripped a hole in him, Mike. (Memory might be unclear because it's late, but I'm fairly sure a clip of that was in the video) That's not saying much for his durability.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
A rocket launcher still ripped a hole in him, Mike. (Memory might be unclear because it's late, but I'm fairly sure a clip of that was in the video) That's not saying much for his durability.
If I liked the feeling of pain, I'd let rocket launchers rip holes in me.