* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: #FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13  (Read 48247 times)

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« on: December 13, 2014, 01:43:11 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
Hi guys, so some days ago we made a post about getting ideas for New things to put once the server is out.
There was a huge amount of replies and we read them all. However we only answered those who weren't too crazy, unlike: "I want Super Saiyan GOD"
I repeat once again, we will only start working on these once the server had it's full release. We don't promise to put all of them as we will figure it out along the way.
You can find all of the original ideas here: http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=5234.0

So let's get to it.
  • Duels getting a countdown before starting: It really isn't hard to do this. It's likely we'll look into it.
  • Shenron grants the wish of a Kid Clock (or simply making you a kid directly): It's in our power to do this, yes, we could. However we've yet to decide if we want to, we'll let you know in the future.
  • Reset Skills Books at NPCs sold by gold: As of current, we're still planning to keep the reset books, and the skill trainers the same, but how you will be getting the reset book will be changed, that's all we will tell you for now!
  • A walking mode besides the regular running mode:  Since hotkeys like Shift to run instead of walk have to be implemented and additionally walk animations aren't created yet, we have to say, from current position we will not implement it.
  • A marriage system: We wouldn't be sure how to display such thing. Maybe new tittles? But adding a ceremony and such might be a bit too complicated for now.
  • House system for each character: We believe it's quite possible, but we will have to discuss this more in the future for further updates.
  • Being able to stay in a certain level without leveling up automatically once reached full EXP: We think we can do this without many troubles, possibly through enabling users to write a "Non-GM" command to stop leveling.
  • Increase the amount of quests one character can accept at one time: We will not do this as we feel it may make the game much easier, just accepting too many quests and finish them all at once.
  • Adding a daily/weekly roulette/free roll for random prizes: Very possible! Probably on our website, connected to the game account.
  • One channel completely for PvP: We are actually excited to do this, we'll try to put that whole channel as a PvP area  ::)
  • Instant Transmission for all classes: We can do it, it shouldn't be very hard but you should consider Pets can already teleport you.
  • More character customization (Skinny, Fat, Taller, Smaller, etc.): Sadly, we believe it's too hard right now, we are not going to provide an answer as we are not sure.
  • Engineer class: sure there is some things about it on the clients, but we don't want to say much about this topic to create false expectations, we aren't either sure how the class should be designed.
  • Air Combat: This is very hard to talk about as the clients have absolutely no animations for fights on the air and we can't be sure if we could force something like this in any way.
  • Good/Evil System: This could work just fine, but we'd have to look more into how it would display.
  • New Accesories such as a Saiyan Tail: It's possible with Model Tools but it's a minor thing we don't care much about just yet.
  • Day/Night System: It might get a bit hard to do, maybe it could be done by adding a world clock, we would still have to re-work the skies since some maps already have day and night skies already done on them. It might be viable, we'll see.
  • Barber Shop: We think (for technical programming/server issues) this can't be done inside the game, however we could make it on our website, so once you are done changing your character's appearance, it would be applied to your in game character. The point of this is that while you are playing on the Barber Shop, you would have to be logged out of our game servers, since this shall only work while your character is Offline.That's why it can't be added inside the game while you are Online.
  • New pets: It's possible once we get ideas and design them. Not much to say about it.
  • More guild slots and Jr. Masters: We will discuss if guilds should become bigger, and then we would of course adjust the Jr Master max.
  • Add a new PvP Platform somewhere else than Karin's: We can do it if we'd like but we don't see the need.
  • Mercenary system: Hire old dragon ball npcs or any quests NPC to help fight you similar to how pets work for nameks. We believe it's possible but we are not sure how much confusion would there be if everyone has NPCs running around.
  • Allow for multiple gear sets on your character so that you can quickly switch from types to types by using hotkeys: Since this is hardcoded to it, we doubt we could really pull this off.
  • Guild ally System: This can be done but as for now, we can't really tell how allies could be added, but adding an Ally chat is doable.
  • Events with random Bosses spawning everywhere: Very cool and doable, hopefully to be seen!
  • Destructible environments: Not possible for now, if it were, there would have to be done a LOT of work to make it.
  • Phoenix System / New Game+: If you remember the Level33 stone, we can discuss those things later.
  • Hide and seek event with Devs/staff: Sure, we have a lot of plans for events!
  • Stream the budokais on twitch: We have actually thought about this for a long time, we'll try to have a finished idea once the server is up and running!
  • An spectate mode for budokai/ranked battles: Spectators are a good idea, and for ranked battles we will very probably add them; for budokai we prefer streaming sites like Twitch

There were a lot of ideas that are hardcoded to the client, and those are very special things that we'll have to discuss.
Alright, so that was all we could answer, if your request wasn't answered it was probably because we felt that it was too wild to actually work or just not suitable.
Tell us what you thought about the community's ideas, hopefully we'll think them through in the future.
Bye :D

R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 01:44:51 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I hope you dont get reset books too easily.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 01:57:22 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
HOLY naughtyword SHIT. THAT WAS AN AWESOME FWD THIS WEEK. YOU ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU DBOR TEAM YOU'RE naughtyword DOPE.

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 01:59:03 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Nice instant transmition for all. Also I like your idea for the barber shop. Now all we gotta do is wait for release date and then the game. Nice work guys keep it up.

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 02:00:12 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Thanks for the answers^^

But i also want to say this: Please don't make the game easier than it already was! xDDD
(example IT for all: No need for that lol. As you wrote in the answer we have the new Pet system for that. You can port all Guild Members or Party Members to you and also port yourself to a NPC)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:25:18 AM by Monkey D. Luffy »
*click for original size*

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 02:10:21 AM »

Offline Zendano

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Ki is charging...
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
Nice  ;D   

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 02:14:39 AM »

Offline FireSaiyan

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Fast forward to launch day of DBOR please!
  • I am a: Pure Majin
One question SonWest, would you be able to add a feature to turn exp off so that kid budokai can farm for gear without risking lvling up to 30.

It would be nice to do TMQ1 for gear with your actually kid budokai character, also it will allow you to do all the quests up to lvl 29.
I remember in RP1 there is a quest chain that gave you nice gloves / staff ( binded ) but it was tricky to get without lvling up to 30 doing the quests and killing mobs.

I hope you can do this!, Thanks

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »

Offline Geo

• None
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Fighter
That is interesting, thanks a lot for your hardwork.
I'm Aste/Geo729 from DBO TW / KR

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 02:22:50 AM »

Offline Jupeyy

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ワンピース 実在する
One question SonWest, would you be able to add a feature to turn exp off so that kid budokai can farm for gear without risking lvling up to 30.

It would be nice to do TMQ1 for gear with your actually kid budokai character, also it will allow you to do all the quests up to lvl 29.
I remember in RP1 there is a quest chain that gave you nice gloves / staff ( binded ) but it was tricky to get without lvling up to 30 doing the quests and killing mobs.

"Being able to stay in a certain level without leveling up automatically once reached full EXP: We think we can do this without many troubles, possibly through enabling users to write a "Non-GM" command to stop leveling."

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 02:23:45 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek

You need to read dude xD

• Being able to stay in a certain level without leveling up automatically once reached full EXP: We think we can do this without many troubles, possibly through enabling users to write a "Non-GM" command to stop leveling.
*click for original size*

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 02:24:24 AM »
    • View Profile
  • If you touch me i will kill you
Cool :3 i hope you can add more maps and levels

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 02:38:22 AM »

Offline Vinsanity

• 1 Dragonball
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Martial Artist
How about inviting someone to join your party being on different channels...(I actually don't remember if this was possible xD, so if it was....I said nothing hahahah
)

'...When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...'

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 02:39:30 AM »

Offline Toragos

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 1
    • View Profile
Nice PVP channel :)
My sugestion on raid party wasnt good enough, but cheers for pvp channel :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:44:33 AM by Toragos »
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 02:44:50 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS!

My original wishlist, from things that I think would be easiest to implement, to hardest:

1. Reset skills at a trainer for zeni

Reset Skills Books at NPCs sold by gold: As of current, we're still planning to keep the reset books, and the skill trainers the same, but how you will be getting the reset book will be changed, that's all we will tell you for now!

2.  Unlimited flight and regenerating speed boost

Unanswered

3. The ability to change your aura color. (I never liked the pink/ purple aura at the end of upgrading.)

Unanswered

4. 24/7 PVP server(maybe with a good vs evil system one day)

One channel completely for PvP: We are actually excited to do this, we'll try to put that whole channel as a PvP area  ::)

Good/Evil System: This could work just fine, but we'd have to look more into how it would display.

5. Walking mode- hold or toggle Shift key

A walking mode besides the regular running mode:  Since hotkeys like Shift to run instead of walk have to be implemented and additionally walk animations aren't created yet, we have to say, from current position we will not implement it.

6. Custom Dogi generator- Put different pieces of armor together to create your own dogi.(I liked some of the early TMQ armor and wish I could have kept wearing it.) Also, more dogis/ accessories like a normal saiyan tail/ wrapped saiyan tail.

Unanswered

New Accesories such as a Saiyan Tail: It's possible with Model Tools but it's a minor thing we don't care much about just yet.

7. Day/ night system with a moving skybox and clock

Day/Night System: It might get a bit hard to do, maybe it could be done by adding a world clock, we would still have to re-work the skies since some maps already have day and night skies already done on them. It might be viable, we'll see.

8. Player housing(capsule houses) - The DBO creators originally wanted to put them in the game:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I found out recently that they were talking about adding player housing(capsule houses) since they launched the beta:

NTL creative director
Koji Takamiya Mr.

4Gamer: In the other system, do you have what you are considering something? For example, housing Toka.

Takamiya said: It is a capsule House. As I said in the lecture, as we have been steadily picking up the MMO seems elements from the original When the game of, and there of course is on the roadmap. But for that if you want to specifically, it is not yet been boiled down.

4Gamer: Since the Japanese players also many people who prefer the housing element, and I want you to come there when you start in Japan. Ah, but the field is wonder if a little hate would be buried in a capsule House?

Takamiya said: When a player can make around the capsule house in the housing, the game it might be deemed to be that more Dragon Ball ish become. In making the map, but I was there a time when I worried by exploring the Dragon Ball seems landscape, only there is a capsule house, I suddenly look ish Dragon Ball.

Article: http://www.4gamer.net/games/038/G003825/20091204066/

The interview was linked on the old DBO homepage in 2009:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100103081421/http://ntl-kk.com/dbo.html
House system for each character: We believe it's quite possible, but we will have to discuss this more in the future for further updates.

9. Flying mounts that move faster than normal flying- Space pod, Nimbus, ect.

Unanswered

10. Finish/ make the engineer class, more maps, mobs, and story. And possibly flight combat.

Engineer class: sure there is some things about it on the clients, but we don't want to say much about this topic to create false expectations, we aren't either sure how the class should be designed.

Air Combat: This is very hard to talk about as the clients have absolutely no animations for fights on the air and we can't be sure if we could force something like this in any way.

Thank you guys for answering so many of these you guys! Could you answer my last 4 or are they a secret/ unknown yet?:

1. Unlimited flight and regenerating speed boost?

2. The ability to change your aura color?

3. Custom Dogi generator- Put different pieces of armor together to create your own dogi.(I liked some of the early TMQ armor and wish I could have kept wearing it.)?

4. Flying mounts that move faster than normal flying- Space pod, Nimbus, ect.?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:48:43 AM by Rock »

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Yay! Most of my questions were answered and you said you'd think about it, except one.
Will you be able to add voice chat in game, or was that one of the questions that were too wild?

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 02:47:57 AM »

Offline Mr.Popo

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • All These Squares Make A Circle
  • I am a: Spiritualist
Please Add Mr.Popo Race Jk

So Happy There Is Instant Tranmission For All Class :D

Alright maggots, listen up. Popo's about to teach you the Pecking Order. It goes: you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool (his dung), Kami, then Popo. Any questions?"

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 02:48:40 AM »
    • View Profile
  • DBOR - Graphic Designers's Leader
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Yay! Most of my questions were answered and you said you'd think about it, except one.
Will you be able to add voice chat in game, or was that one of the questions that were too wild?
This question was already asked in AMA
Teamspeak, Mumble and other are really optimised and don't suck your bandwight or your CPU/RAM
Graphic Designers's Leader for DBORevelations

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 02:50:48 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
Thank you guys for answering so many of these you guys! Could you answer my last 4 or are they a secret/ unknown yet?:

1. Unlimited flight and regenerating speed boost?

2. The ability to change your aura color?

3. Custom Dogi generator- Put different pieces of armor together to create your own dogi.(I liked some of the early TMQ armor and wish I could have kept wearing it.)?

4. Flying mounts that move faster than normal flying- Space pod, Nimbus, ect.?

As said on the main post, we didn't answer those that were a bit too wild, i.e. flying mounts or changing aura color. The colors are stick to the equip's current level (+8 +10 etc.)
About flight scrolls/unlimited Air points, we are still in debate on how we will proceed on this topic, so we rather say nothing about it.
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 02:52:02 AM »

Offline Mr.Popo

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • All These Squares Make A Circle
  • I am a: Spiritualist
Teamspeak, Mumble and other are really optimised and don't suck your bandwight or your CPU/RAM

Woah can you tell me the DBOR Teamspeak IP Adress? i dint know it had one

Alright maggots, listen up. Popo's about to teach you the Pecking Order. It goes: you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool (his dung), Kami, then Popo. Any questions?"

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 02:52:39 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
As said on the main post, we didn't answer those that were a bit too wild, i.e. flying mounts or changing aura color. The colors are stick to the equip's current level (+8 +10 etc.)
About flight scrolls/unlimited Air points, we are still in debate on how we will proceed on this topic, so we rather say nothing about it.

Thank you bro

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 02:54:26 AM »
    • View Profile
OH POR DIOSS  :o , ojala si pueden hacer lo de ser niño con un deseo la zona pvp la cola de sayan ahhhhh todas esa ideas estan muy buenas ya quiero jugar ::)

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 02:56:56 AM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
Too bad i missed the chance to make my suggestions, although not gameplay-related only...Well I hope I'll be able next time :)

As for the Kid Clock wouldn't it be way too easy to get, as a Shenron wish?

Big-ups to you, SonWest!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:01:20 AM by Casey »

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 02:59:56 AM »
    • View Profile
Gotta say I like these ideas already. The future seems bright I am especially looking forward to the random public events coming up.

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 03:01:13 AM »

Offline SonKagu

• Shenron
  • Honor: 46 / 10
    • View Profile
Wow i didnt expect so many ideas to be added . especially the extreme ones . its good to know that the team actually listens to the fans about game content .

I see some of my ideas were added too . I feel so proud Q.Q . Lol gj team keep it going .

Post Merge: December 13, 2014, 03:02:44 AM

YOUR SIGNATURE IS TROLLING TOO HARD LOL .
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:02:44 AM by SonKagu, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

#FridaysWithDBOR ~ 13
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2014, 03:03:19 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
Too bad i missed the chance to make my suggestions, although not gameplay-related only...Well I hope I'll be able next time :)

As for the Kid Clock wouldn't it be way too easy to get, as a Shenron wish?
Big-ups to you, SonWest!
In DBO the Kid Clock was really hard to get, especially for none cashers.
And I think it would be better to wish for Kid from Shenron, considering you need to get 7 dragonballs to get it (which sometimes it was hard).