* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Today at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Today at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\

Topic: Wait a second...  (Read 2078 times)

Wait a second...
« on: December 01, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
There is one thing about DBO which I don't get, and it has to do with the timelines,
now if you don't know how timelines and time travel works in the DB universe here is a quick explanation:
basically in the DB universe there are 2 major timelines, the Future Trunks timeline(we'll call it timeline A) and the normal DB->DBZ->DBO manga timeline(we'll call it timeline B). Ok.
So when trunks from timeline A travelled back, he actually went into another timeline, timeline B, and the way this works is that not all timelines are exactly the same, there's always something different, for example in timeline A doctor gero and android 19 didn't show up, it was android 17 and 18, so there is always atleast one thing different between the timelines,so basically every time you time travel back, you go into a different timeline which as we said has different events.
Why is it when you time travel in DBO, the same events of Timeline B occur, shouldn't the time travelling of DBO have created a timeline C where something different happens? I call plot holes

Wait a second...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
I believe you made one mistake before going into your assumption on DBO.
When Trunks travelled back in time, he didn't travel to a different timeline, because there wasn't a different one, there was only one which would have ended up with Goku getting his heart condition and trunks having to travel in time. Once and only once Trunks travelled back, he created a different timeline by changing the course of events. For example, killing frieza while Goku was gonna do it.

So going back to your assumption, you initially don't travel back to a different timeline, you go to the same one, when something changes because of your arrival, then a new timeline gets "created".
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

Wait a second...
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:37:08 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
  • I am a: Dark Warrior
I think timeline A is different from timeline B because Trunks actually changed the story by killing Frieza and doing what he did.
Also when Trunks first came to timeline B, everything was exactly the same as it was in his timeline, it changed later as the story kept going.
In DBO you go back to your timeline after the mission, so you don't really get the chance to see if something is different.
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool

Wait a second...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 11:45:15 PM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
I believe you made one mistake before going into your assumption on DBO.
When Trunks travelled back in time, he didn't travel to a different timeline, because there wasn't a different one, there was only one which would have ended up with Goku getting his heart condition and trunks having to travel in time. Once and only once Trunks travelled back, he created a different timeline by changing the course of events. For example, killing frieza while Goku was gonna do it.

So going back to your assumption, you initially don't travel back to a different timeline, you go to the same one, when something changes because of your arrival, then a new timeline gets "created".
well ok then why isn't a new timeline getting created every time we time travel back?

Wait a second...
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
I would think that the game was designed so that our current timeline on DBO, is the one already existing because we travel back in time.
Playing with the notion of timetravell could be quite confusing at times since there are no real life facts to take in consideration. However, since all the TMQs and TLQs always end the same way (unless you die/fail on them which doesn't matter cause it's a game, you re-try), I would think the timeline you are on DBO, it's the timeline created because of the timetravells you do with Trunks.

I don't know if you are following me here, what I'm trying to say is that there is only 1 timeline in DBO and it's the result of the TMQs and TLQs you play which all end in 1 and only 1 way always.
R.I.P. Hall

Wait a second...
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 11:57:53 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
TIME BE RUPTURING MATE
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

Wait a second...
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 12:12:10 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
well ok then why isn't a new timeline getting created every time we time travel back?
How do you know it's not getting created?
"I will make you and everyone in this village recognize me, for one day... I will be hokage!"-Deadpool

Wait a second...
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 02:30:42 AM »

Offline Gewku

• 3 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 【KFC】
How do you know it's not getting created?
a new timeline has to be created, thats basically the law of timelines in DB, when you time travel back you go into a newly created paralell univese....ughhhhh...Time travel is so confusing!

Wait a second...
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 02:33:53 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
a new timeline has to be created, thats basically the law of timelines in DB, when you time travel back you go into a newly created paralell univese....ughhhhh...Time travel is so confusing!
Yeah and you said in DBO a new timeline is not getting created when we travel back in time, how do you know that?

Wait a second...
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 04:10:26 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Yeah and you said in DBO a new timeline is not getting created when we travel back in time, how do you know that?

I think it's mentioned in the backstory.

After all, if that were the case, it wouldn't really matter sending everyone back in time to prevent Miira from messing with history, since that timeline would still be all messed up.
Perhaps it has something to do with the Kaioshin of Time working with the Time Patrol?

...Either way, Doc Brown will not be pleased.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Wait a second...
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 04:19:26 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
I think it's mentioned in the backstory.

After all, if that were the case, it wouldn't really matter sending everyone back in time to prevent Miira from messing with history, since that timeline would still be all messed up.
Perhaps it has something to do with the Kaioshin of Time working with the Time Patrol?

...Either way, Doc Brown will not be pleased.
Well, you kinda fix that timeline like Trunks did in DBZ. It wouldn't really be messed up, there would just be some differences I guess, at least that's how I see it.

Wait a second...
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 04:20:57 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
Well, you kinda fix that timeline like Trunks did in DBZ. It wouldn't really be messed up, there would just be some differences I guess, at least that's how I see it.

But Trunks' timeline was still in ruin... not to mention Cell's "Darkest Timeline" scenario.
Remember, that's why Trunks joined the Time Patrol... as punishment for him screwing around with history.

Wait a second...
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 04:32:05 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Mamma mia pizzeria
Yeah, so you go back in time to not let Miira take over that timeline I guess.
You can't really know if there are differences in the two timelines since you just go back in time to fight Miira's army and then you get back.
So in my opinion you actually create a new timeline when you travel back in time.
Meh this is confusing. :S

Wait a second...
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 04:40:56 AM »

Offline Casey

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Hey
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
In DBO you go back in time to restore the actual timeline, so in my opinion you don't create another one.
Hmm no wait, you always alter something by time-travelling tho, even if minimal...yeah it's confusing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:50:31 AM by Casey, Reason: Contradicting myself. »

Wait a second...
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 04:42:36 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Legacy!
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
theres 4 timelines on dbz and this game takes place in the normal timeline followed by the manga

Wait a second...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 05:44:10 AM »

Offline Tofu

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 27 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Solving problems, one punch at a time.
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
I'm too lazy to read all the posts but I do think there's a timeline C in DBO but it remains the same. We're currently at timeline B while questing, leveling, etc. but when we travel back we go to timeline C since it got changed by the antagonists (can't remember the names) and we change it back making timeline C end up with the same results as timeline B.

We would still return to timeline B after the TMQ, like Trunks returned to timeline A in the anime/manga after defeating Cell, but a timeline C would be created with a different story, yet with the same results. I guess Trunks is able to travel freely between the different timelines and so are we but I'm not sure about that last part.
MarineCorps
We WILL protect the peace!

Nintendo 3DS FC: 2638 - 0844 - 4946

Wait a second...
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 06:32:34 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
It is widely believed that if time travel existed and was executed, you wouldn't be travelling to the same dimension. You would be travelling to an entirely different dimension and universe. One that is very very similar to the one you were in, except one thing changes. You appear there. Ever since your appearance things in that timeline will change, based on how much you interact and modify on that dimension.

That's why Trunks travels to ye old DBZ timeline and modify it enough for Cell to be defeated, but his original timeline is still screwed. Sure he goes and defeats Cell, but Gohan and millions are still dead.

In DBO, the universe where you're at is Universe A. You do the TMQs and go back to ye old DBZ timeline, Universe B(watch out, this is not the same universe where Trunks travelled alone. This is one where you go back too). Trunks, with his knowledge of Time Travel did the necessary changes for the timeline to be "restored", one similar to Universe A, but it's not Universe A. It's Universe C, actually. One where you appear there by time travel. This is a change that didn't happen in Universe A, so it's another dimension.

Multiverse theory is fun. It says that there is a lot of different universes where every possible reality is taking place. There is one where triceratops took over the world, developed advanced technology and they are playing DBOR right now :(

Now there is a reason why time travel is frowned upon by science, and why it doesn't exist. It has holes itself. The multiverse theory can be derived and explained from a simple paradox.
A man has a time machine. He grabs a gun and goes back to kill his grand father before his father could be born.
So his father wasn't born. That means he wasn't born. That means his didn't travel back in time to kill his grandfather. That means his father was born. That means he was born. That means he did go back in time.

See where im going? A horrible paradox. The answer? Multiverse. In one dimension he wasn't born, but in another one he was.

But don't try to apply real complicated physics to manga, anime and games. Don't even try to go in with time travel, which we can't even explain it IRL.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:39:02 AM by SantiHN, Reason: Added extra info »

Wait a second...
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 06:42:57 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
But don't try to apply real complicated physics to manga, anime and games. Don't even try to go in with time travel, which we can't even explain it IRL.

Dragon Ball is based on reality!?

But I think what you're saying is exactly what is creating the confusion.
In DBZ, Trunks went back in time creating a multiverse.
But in DBO, it seems you go back in time, and keep history from changing, despite the fact that it's already been altered, and there doesn't seem to be a split in time, thus resulting in a paradox.

Or maybe it's just a case of Toriyama saying "Screw it! I don't need explanations!"
...which, knowing him, is the likeliest scenario.

Wait a second...
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 06:58:04 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
Na, you are right Nia. The story says it clearly, there is a timeline and you must help trunks to fight Towa and Miira so that they don't change that timeline.
It's a game afterall, it won't go through a lot of physics laws or anything.

So, really there is only 1 timeline, you are not changing anything because that timeline exists as a result of your travels (TMQ/TLQ) which each of them always end the same way.
So yep, problem "solved".
R.I.P. Hall

Wait a second...
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
Na, you are right Nia. The story says it clearly, there is a timeline and you must help trunks to fight Towa and Miira so that they don't change that timeline.
It's a game afterall, it won't go through a lot of physics laws or anything.

So, really there is only 1 timeline, you are not changing anything because that timeline exists as a result of your travels (TMQ/TLQ) which each of them always end the same way.
So yep, problem "solved".

Or that. You shouldn't try to apply theoretical physics in a game where you blast heat waves from your hands, change the color of your hair, ancient races breeding with human race, etc etc.