interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • Today at 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • Yesterday at 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • Yesterday at 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • Yesterday at 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]

Topic: What's the plan after DBOR goes live?  (Read 5841 times)

What's the plan after DBOR goes live?
« on: December 01, 2014, 04:40:17 AM »
    • View Profile
  • A God amongst men
Yea Yea I know what you all are thinking "The game isn't even here yet" but if this game is to last for a good while there has to be a plan in place to not only manage the game itself but the players that will come to the game. Because of the nature of DBOR I'm sure we will see an influx of players, probably more than we have ever seen in DBO. So because of that my question is, is there a strategy as to how to manage all of this after the game goes live? And if so what is it? There's two purposes of this question. 1. To see if you guys (DBOR Team) actually sat down and thought about this and 2. If you haven't it would be a good time to start. We don't want to have another DBO shutdown (I know I don't) so what can you guys do to prevent that before the game even goes live? Worse case scenario the team gets overwhelmed with managing the game (and we all know that life happens) and it goes down. So hopefully if this hasn't been thought about we as a community can start brainstorming as to some strategies and different implementations to see that this game doesn't share the same fate as its predecessors.

Thanks for all of your hard work so and keep goin hard!!

~Elite

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 05:08:19 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I think someone mentioned a stress test for the server? and in terms of gameplay They will probably think of some end game content
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 05:14:33 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 22 / 0
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
  • I am a: Mech Maniac
Yea Yea I know what you all are thinking "The game isn't even here yet" but if this game is to last for a good while there has to be a plan in place to not only manage the game itself but the players that will come to the game. Because of the nature of DBOR I'm sure we will see an influx of players, probably more than we have ever seen in DBO. So because of that my question is, is there a strategy as to how to manage all of this after the game goes live? And if so what is it? There's two purposes of this question. 1. To see if you guys (DBOR Team) actually sat down and thought about this and 2. If you haven't it would be a good time to start. We don't want to have another DBO shutdown (I know I don't) so what can you guys do to prevent that before the game even goes live? Worse case scenario the team gets overwhelmed with managing the game (and we all know that life happens) and it goes down. So hopefully if this hasn't been thought about we as a community can start brainstorming as to some strategies and different implementations to see that this game doesn't share the same fate as its predecessors.

Thanks for all of your hard work so and keep goin hard!!

~Elite

Actually, they might do some nice events and so to rope in players. They are putting a lot of effort and would not be like DBO and force ppl to pay to play (well). My concern is money. I'm wondering, if ppl are to donate, what if they don't? what if their donations won't let the server breathe? also, who would be the staff? I dont think the current few can run a server. maybe they can, maybe they can't... Paying staff on donations is kinda gonna be impossible unless if we donate a lot.

But i hope, unlike DBO, DBOR would leave their server files to float around cyber space once they close down... So someday, someone can just pick em up, and revive them instead of using years to re-create it.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 05:16:54 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
As far as I know, there is going to be a closed beta and an open beta. In the closed beta they will do a stress test on the network. Nothing too serious. In the open beta, I suppose there is where we're going to see what happens when alot of people try to join the same server, and the DBOR team will see it too, making decisions from there easily.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »

Offline yhoho555

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Game Of Thrones :3
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
The main reason why DBO got shutted down is lack of updates.. the team was exhausted and was out of ideas...
www.dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44730
Here this is why
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:31:39 AM by yhoho555 »

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 06:40:08 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
The main reason why DBO got shutted down is lack updates.. the team was exhausted and was out of ideas...
Here this is why

They had plenty of ideas, but I think one of the reasons they shut down was because their Japan deal fell through. The Japanese version was originally supposed to come out right after the Korean version. If you use the wayback machine you can see them talking about working with the Japanese devs a lot, and nothing ever came from it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100222082040/http://www.ntl-kk.com/dbo.html

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 06:45:34 AM »

Offline ColdHell

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 13 / 4
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
My concern is within donation system.First of all if they want for people to donate to the game players have to get something in return,and i do not mean making game pay to win but give those people some cosmetics like Dogis,Color of aura and things like that as appreciation for keeping the server alive,that way people will surely be more active when it comes to donations and it wont make game in anyway unbalanced.This way everyone benefits.Those who donate get their cosmetics and free to play players get's the justice. :)

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 06:56:38 AM »

Offline SonGoku

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 1
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul
  • DBOR!!!
  • I am a: Human
My concern is within donation system.First of all if they want for people to donate to the game players have to get something in return,and i do not mean making game pay to win but give those people some cosmetics like Dogis,Color of aura and things like that as appreciation for keeping the server alive,that way people will surely be more active when it comes to donations and it wont make game in anyway unbalanced.This way everyone benefits.Those who donate get their cosmetics and free to play players get's the justice. :)
They already said that they will give out dogis etc but they wont give the things that will boost the players stats

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
The main reason why DBO got shutted down is lack of updates.. the team was exhausted and was out of ideas...
Here this is why
Not really, there wasn't any lack of updates, there was a lot already planned and on it's way but if your product isn't profiting as it should, it gets cut off by investors and game over. Simple as that, DBO's clossure had nothing to do with updates since there was a lot of unseen content yet to be released.

Elite, to sum up your post, you are asking if we have a plan to keep the community entertained so that we don't lose them and end up shutting down?
Well, I'm pretty sure with the game being out of Asia finally, a LOT more players will be incoming than you have ever seen on DBO's original servers. The game itself is gonna hold together.
Anyways, we will have events and such if you are interested in that, the development won't stop either way.
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 07:38:19 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
if your product isn't profiting as it should, it gets cut off by investors and game over.

Very true. That's probably why it never went to Japan.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 07:49:30 AM »

Offline 9Tail

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 7 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Veteran
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
You get the game to play. But as for cosmetics, I know they won't give exclusives to anyone just because everyone should get a chance to get a dog I if they want it. However, they might give them free stuff that anyone could have a chance to get. Ya feel?

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
  • I am a: Fighter
Only thing that will happen is vegeta becoming the prince of dbo again
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Only thing that will happen is vegeta becoming the prince of dbo again

sure.....but i think this will happen xD

*click for original size*

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »

Offline Vegeta

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Super Saiyan
  • I am a: Fighter
sure.....but i think this will happen xD

Lol this pretty much sums up my tourney career :p
Vegeta tw sv 2
GIFSoup

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
I am begging, do not do the same thing as Dragon Nest (Every cap gets harder and eventually, almost impossible to do (Level 1-10 around 20 - 30 mins | 10 - 16 30 mins | 16 - 24 1 hr | 24 - 32 2 hours or more | 32 - 40 1 hour | 40 - 50 2 - 3 hours | 50 - 60 around 2 - 5 hours |60 - 70 24hr!?!) these are if you do unlimited spamming with all exp boosters possible... straight... never ending... spamming...

In other words, make the game never lose its fun factor as you level :D

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline Takaroku

• Shenron
  • Honor: 66 / 5
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul Site
  • RagingSoul Leader
  • I am a: Human
You will find out soon enough.
✮My Soul is Raging...Is Yours?✮

Sig Credit to xskysaix

What\'s the plan after DBOR goes live?
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I am begging, do not do the same thing as Dragon Nest (Every cap gets harder and eventually, almost impossible to do (Level 1-10 around 20 - 30 mins | 10 - 16 30 mins | 16 - 24 1 hr | 24 - 32 2 hours or more | 32 - 40 1 hour | 40 - 50 2 - 3 hours | 50 - 60 around 2 - 5 hours |60 - 70 24hr!?!) these are if you do unlimited spamming with all exp boosters possible... straight... never ending... spamming...

In other words, make the game never lose its fun factor as you level :D

That is hard to do, honey, since all MMOs are based on grinding, and grinding has to take a toll of your time and effort to get you strong. Seeing all the development of your character while you're grinding, all the time you're investing in it, watching that EXP bar go up and up and suddenly you get your level. "YES FINALLY OMG". That feeling is what people like on MMOs. That with the casual talk with friends while grinding, the raiding, going questing, PVPing, etc.
Keyword: Grinding. It's not called "upgrading" or something like that. It's "grinding" your way to the next level with pain.

Anyways, I come from a Runescape background. It was my first MMO, and if you've played Runescape you would know the time you have to invest to get a skill to 100. 95-100 is horrible, even in the P2P areas. It takes a buttload of time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:08:57 AM by SantiHN »

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 11:38:51 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Anyways, I come from a Runescape background. It was my first MMO, and if you've played Runescape you would know the time you have to invest to get a skill to 100. 95-100 is horrible, even in the P2P areas. It takes a buttload of time.

mate, 97-99 is the real struggle.
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 12:08:40 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
mate, 97-99 is the real struggle.

Right! It's 99 the cap on most skills. Shit, Dungeoneering got me traumatized.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »

Offline DelmoonXz

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • 2 Cool 4 U
That is hard to do, honey, since all MMOs are based on grinding, and grinding has to take a toll of your time and effort to get you strong. Seeing all the development of your character while you're grinding, all the time you're investing in it, watching that EXP bar go up and up and suddenly you get your level. "YES FINALLY OMG". That feeling is what people like on MMOs. That with the casual talk with friends while grinding, the raiding, going questing, PVPing, etc.
Keyword: Grinding. It's not called "upgrading" or something like that. It's "grinding" your way to the next level with pain.

I'm hoping there are rewards... In DN, most ppl quit cuz rewards are so crappy ( 5% extra exp for all chars ) and its almost impossible to survive up there. But runescape... I doubt i should even inquire o-o

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Right! It's 99 the cap on most skills. Shit, Dungeoneering got me traumatized.
I thought they were going to increase all skills to 120 tbh.

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »
    • View Profile
  • What to say

indeed 97-99 woodcutting was a naughtyword, so was getting 99 hunter

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 07:49:03 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
indeed 97-99 woodcutting was a naughtyword, so was getting 99 hunter

99Hunters the only one i got, and that was back in like 2010.
It was just like 120k or so red chinchompas from 97-99

Though i'd have to say 99 woodcutting has to be the easiest cape.

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
99Hunters the only one i got, and that was back in like 2010.
It was just like 120k or so red chinchompas from 97-99

Though i'd have to say 99 woodcutting has to be the easiest cape.
Nah fletching can get that in a week. Altough all skills are easy to get to 99 now a days.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
Nah fletching can get that in a week. Altough all skills are easy to get to 99 now a days.

Very easy.
You can use bones on logs now!