Jingle bellss!
  • November 24, 2018, 11:29:10 AM
    how many time for dbor o .o
  • November 24, 2018, 11:28:33 AM
    hehe
  • November 24, 2018, 09:18:59 AM
    120%
  • November 20, 2018, 01:25:18 AM
    is there a percentage on how long or how far along you are? I have been here since 2014 I can take it.
  • November 15, 2018, 05:04:22 AM
    Patience you must learn, young Padawan.
  • November 14, 2018, 08:15:52 PM
    :'(
  • November 14, 2018, 07:35:40 AM
    I still waiting for DBOR, FeelsBadMan
  • November 12, 2018, 02:10:24 PM
    :r_flame:
  • November 12, 2018, 05:13:41 AM
    3years and still no release just saying dont ban me ;)
  • November 04, 2018, 02:13:52 PM
    Not much here. Just the usual :P
  • November 04, 2018, 07:27:34 AM
    whats up
  • October 08, 2018, 07:28:28 PM
    :juggs:
  • October 08, 2018, 02:45:46 PM
    Thanks for still sending Happy Birthday emails!
  • October 07, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    :8000:
  • October 07, 2018, 02:50:01 AM
    yaaaassss, Halloween theme  :juggs:
  • October 01, 2018, 01:01:20 PM
    :yamcha:
  • September 30, 2018, 08:22:21 PM
    :yamcha:
  • September 28, 2018, 01:23:25 AM
    :quack:
  • September 25, 2018, 12:27:04 PM
    would be neat
  • September 25, 2018, 10:26:41 AM
    Guys why don't work in open source maybe can do something like trinitycore in wow servers.
  • September 22, 2018, 07:53:41 PM
    i wonder why this fire song didn't go viral xD [link]
  • September 16, 2018, 10:26:15 PM
    :nonose:
  • September 14, 2018, 12:48:08 AM
    :hype:
  • September 13, 2018, 02:10:39 PM
    :bamboo:
  • September 10, 2018, 12:14:42 AM
    :popo:
  • September 06, 2018, 03:23:01 AM
    ;)
  • August 28, 2018, 08:09:56 PM
    [link] You better wish for DBOR  >:D

Topic: Pokemon is flawed, and I'm going to cry about it  (Read 7650 times)

Pokemon is flawed, and I'm going to cry about it
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

Offline Krazeen

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 2 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Free churros
I agree with this, especially since Doubles are also faster and more unpredictable than Singles. Singles takes longer, requires a LOT of switching, and you're basically set to using field traps and a Trap-Spinner. I've tried Singles and it was pretty, pretty dull. It's especially dull with Smogons' rules. The only thing I like about Smogon is that they allow certain event Pokemon to be used, but that's pretty much it. Like Kiyza, I prefer VGC format over Smogon.

And stop saying Greninja needs to be banned. It isn't as hard to work around as you might think.
You've apparently haven't played VGC. It's just as aggressive (if not more so) because there aren't a lot of stall teams that actually work. Field traps also aren't very common unlike in Singles where you're pretty much guaranteed to see at least Stealth Rocks. Also, switching applies just as much to Singles as it does to Doubles, and no it doesn't guarantee turning the tide into your favor, especially since Doubles is not as predictable as Singles. VGC also has the thing where you only use 4 Pokemon at a time, which can lower predictability even more because you have no idea who your opponent is bringing in.

It's all preference, vgc I find boring since there's a limitation on what pokes you can use such as you can only use kb pokes..... I guess vgc is for people who like wasting their time breeding when in ou or smogon rules in general it doesn't matter as long as they obey the clauses. And lol not that I think it's hard to work around with i know it is. I guess you haven't played ou enough to experience this. Since greninjas  move pool is so versatile and it gets stab from every move not many pokes like taking a hit and retaliating back and that's if the player with the greninja decides to stay in which I doubt they would since obvious scarf pokemon are obvious.  And yeah ou matches can be boring if you're facing inexperienced players as a lot of wifi players are but when you actually face an experienced player it's fun and the game actually gets intense.

I'm fuckin' radical, naughtyword
I'm motherfuckin' radical

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
It's all preference, vgc I find boring since there's a limitation on what pokes you can use such as you can only use kb pokes..... I guess vgc is for people who like wasting their time breeding when in ou or smogon rules in general it doesn't matter as long as they obey the clauses. And lol not that I think it's hard to work around with i know it is. I guess you haven't played ou enough to experience this. Since greninjas  move pool is so versatile and it gets stab from every move not many pokes like taking a hit and retaliating back and that's if the player with the greninja decides to stay in which I doubt they would since obvious scarf pokemon are obvious.  And yeah ou matches can be boring if you're facing inexperienced players as a lot of wifi players are but when you actually face an experienced player it's fun and the game actually gets intense.
Wow...just wow. Saying breeding is a waste of time for VGC? You've apparently been playing inexperienced players for far too long if that's what you think. And it sounds to me like you haven't played VGC enough to know everything that goes on. For starter, the Kalos Born rule no longer applies in VGC2015. All you need to do is have the Pokemon born, obtained, etc in Gen 6 games, and considering the amount of Pokes that are available to use you don't have any reason to complain.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:19:56 AM by BlazingBarrager »

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »

Offline Krazeen

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Free churros
Wow...just wow. Saying breeding is a waste of time for VGC? You've apparently been playing inexperienced players for far too long if that's what you think.

I've been playing inexperienced players? Well if you ever get around to building a ou team I'll show you how "inexperienced" I am.  ::)

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
I've been playing inexperienced players? Well if you ever get around to building a ou team I'll show you how "inexperienced" I am.  ::)
Pfft...like I would do that. As I said, it's boring, long, and predictable, and apparently you don't seem as experienced as you claim to be in OU if you say breeding is a waste of time. As I said, I've done OU and I know FOR A FACT that experienced players actually take the time to breed. I also know for a fact that RNG abuse was widely used back in Gen 4 and Gen 5. I've done it myself, and RNG abuse even applied to VGC before Gen 6. You'd have to be an idiot to try and battle against someone who has done their research and work. Regardless whether you believe that method of exploiting the game is cheating or not, many pro Smogon players as well as pro VGC players did it to get their perfect Pokemon. Oh, and RNG abused Pokemon were allowed in VGC tourneys.

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2015, 10:34:04 AM »

Offline Krazeen

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Free churros
Pfft...like I would do that. As I said, it's boring, long, and predictable, and apparently you don't seem as experienced as you claim to be in OU if you say breeding is a waste of time. As I said, I've done OU and I know FOR A FACT that experienced players actually take the time to breed. I also know for a fact that RNG abuse was widely used back in Gen 4 and Gen 5. I've done it myself, and RNG abuse even applied to VGC before Gen 6. You'd have to be an idiot to try and battle against someone who has done their research and work. Regardless whether you believe that method of exploiting the game is cheating or not, many pro Smogon players as well as pro VGC players did it to get their perfect Pokemon. Oh, and RNG abused Pokemon were allowed in VGC tourneys.

If you think it's boring long and predictable seems like you're the one playing inexperienced players. And like I said when you make a ou team and beat me u can truly call me inexperienced. Also you don't have to be a breeder to be considered an experienced player. Though if you still consider me inexperienced I'll be here anytime willing to ou battle   ::)

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
If you think it's boring long and predictable seems like you're the one playing inexperienced players. And like I said when you make a ou team and beat me u can truly call me inexperienced. Also you don't have to be a breeder to be considered an experienced player. Though if you still consider me inexperienced I'll be here anytime willing to ou battle   ::)
No I've played OU. I've watched pro players play it. I've even looked at hundreds of OU teams. When I did OU in Gen 5 I made a Sun team as perma weather was a thing back then (something I'm grateful they've nerfed for Gen 6). I might not be a "pro" like you claim to be, but I'm well aware of how the metagame works and I know that it's boring and predictable.

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »

Offline Krazeen

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Free churros
No I've played OU. I've watched pro players play it. I've even looked at hundreds of OU teams. When I did OU in Gen 5 I made a Sun team as perma weather was a thing back then (something I'm grateful they've nerfed for Gen 6). I might not be a "pro" like you claim to be, but I'm well aware of how the metagame works and I know that it's boring and predictable.
Well when you're in the situation where you're playing a experienced player it's fun

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2015, 11:03:51 AM »

Offline Garzett

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
Its way too friggin tedious to raise pokes with perfect stats/moves etc. Only viable option is pokegenning or something similar.

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
So many pro Pokemon players on this forum.

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Well when you're in the situation where you're playing a experienced player it's fun
I know it's fun because I've played experienced VGC players, and I've learned a bunch in the process. VGC 2015 is going to be hectic with the increase in Pokemon count and access to legendaries we didn't have since VGC 2013.

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »

Offline Ry

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • DBOR Hype5Real
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
oooooommmmmgggggg, where have you pokemon  peeps beeeeeeen :D, hard to find people like this (people who actually ev and iv breed and fight competitivly and set up hazards), My FR is 3711-9792-4730, this is my new code since I got a 3DS XL for christmas, my regular 3ds's L and R buttons are broken so there was nothing else I had in mind for christmas so I got the XL. Man one guy on youtube was commenting on ShadyPenguin's video and was saying "So this is what you call battling? all this switching? pitiful excuse for a joke, there is no skill in switching out all the time. I fight head on with the pokemon I have till it dies and I win most of my battles like that." Oh the irony ;-;.

I only have pokemon Y though, was gonan get alpha sapphire but forgot to remind my mom a week before so she can had money ready for it on that saturday ;-;, I cri everytime, I was late to the party.