• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F  (Read 78448 times)

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:02:05 PM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F

The January 2015 issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine is revealing on Friday the first key visual for the upcoming 2015 Dragon Ball Z film. The magazine also unveils the film's title: Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F (Dragon Ball Z: F Is For Fukkatsu, or 'resurrection').

The image features not only Frieza, but Beerus, the villain from last year's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. The magazine also confirms that the film will premiere in Japanese theaters on April 18 in both 2D and 3D.

In an interview with original creator Akira Toriyama in the magazine, he says that the 'F' in the title in fact stands for "Frieza," who will be revived in the film. Toriyama noted that he thought of the title while listening to the song "F" by Band Maximum The Hormone, who he came to know personally through a friend. In fact, one of the members told him that they had been singing the song about Frieza.

The magazine describes the story:

An Earth where peace has arrived. However, remnants of Frieza's army Sorbet and Tagoma (from the Japanese word for 'egg') arrive on the planet. Their goal is to revive Frieza with the dragon balls. Their dastardly wish is granted, the "F" that plans its revenge against the Saiyans is revived...!

Also being revealed are two new characters who were designed by Akira Toriyama himself: Sorbet (seen left in the image above) and Tagoma (right). The characters are the survivors of the Frieza army and his servants.

Dragon Ball manga creator Akira Toriyama is personally credited with the original concept, screenplay and character designs of the new movie "that the entire universe eagerly awaits!!" The movie will open during the Golden Week string of holidays next spring (April 25 is the Saturday before those holidays next year), and a flyer revealed that Dragon Ball Z animation director Tadayoshi Yamamuro will direct the new movie.

The new film, like last year's Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, will tell a new story.

Text: The entire universe eagerly awaits
Text: Original concept, scripts, character design
Text: Akira Toriyama
Shenlong: Now, say your wish. I will grant you any one wish only.
Text: There's someone I want you to revive.
Shenlong: Your wish has been granted.
Text: The worst wish in history. Now, despair begins.

Article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-17/1st-key-visual-for-2015-dragon-ball-z-film-reveals-frieza/.81112
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:50:32 AM by Rock »

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Makes sense, cause the so called God's only talked about Frieza in BoG.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:45:42 PM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Makes sense, cause the so called God's only talked about Frieza in BoG.

Yeah it looks like that was foreshadowing for this movie. I'm guessing the God form isn't only for Saiyans because it seems like Frieza has it now. I hope it's good.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 11:46:35 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Sooo...Frieza come back to the times in which maybe Son Goten or Trunks could beat him....not to mention Goku/Vegeta who could kill him in normal form...interesting.

If you see that in a logical way Frieza has absolutely no chance. But since Beerus will be there too i'm interested to see how he will act...Will Frieza get a power up by him or from Shenron with a wish? Cuz otherwise he has no chance xD
*click for original size*

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:48:55 PM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
I saw this just before I went to the gym... Couldn't help but think on the drive there, how on earth their going to make Freeza an actual threat in this movie. . .

I mean,  Piccolo and all of the saiyans , with the exception of Tarble, are powerful enough to beat Freeza. His overall threat level is relatively low... And Akira has already stated in an interview that Freeza and his family don't train ( not that he has a body to train while dead), so that's out of the question too.

Seriously excited to see what said about this storyline closer to the date.

-edit--

Link to much large image.  http://imgur.com/c1mNMUk
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:12:00 AM by Zellion »

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 11:51:28 PM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
As Rock said, I think the same, Frieza must of acquired God form, other than that he would have no chance.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I saw this just before I went to the gym... Couldn't help but think on the drive there, how on earth their going to make Freeza an actual threat in this movie. . .

I mean,  Piccolo and all of the saiyans , with the exception of Tarble, are powerful enough to beat Freeza. His overall threat level is relatively low... And Akira has already stated in an interview that Freeza and his family don't train ( not that he has a body to train while dead), so that's out of the question too.

Seriously excited to see what said about this storyline closer to the date.

My prediction is that his soldiers resurrect him with the God powers, since his aura in the poster looks exactly like SSJ God. I just hope in this movie we can finally see Vegeta go SSJ 3 and definitely SSJ God.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Anyone noticed that weird looking "logo" on Gokus shirt? What's that lol...
*click for original size*

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 12:02:15 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 6 / 32
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
  • I am a: Crane Hermit
I had a feeling/knew they were going to revive Frieza, because he had so much to do with all of them. Everyone kept saying Broly and all this other stuff. I was like no.... Lol
All hail Frieza STRONGEST IN THE UNIVERSE!

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile

I'm wondering the same thing, it looks like some kid scribbled on the movie poster with a black marker ;D

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
I'm wondering the same thing, it looks like some kid scribbled on the movie poster with a black marker ;D
No, it's one of Goku's chest hair.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 12:06:10 AM »

Offline Zellion

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
My prediction is that his soldiers resurrect him with the God powers, since his aura in the poster looks exactly like SSJ God. I just hope in this movie we can finally see Vegeta go SSJ 3 and definitely SSJ God.

I kinda thought that at first. But I doubt that it's even within Shenrons power to do so. Otherwise, someone like the supreme Kia's would of probably done that earlier in the series to stop Buu, since he was a universe threat... Since we know how Akira is, I'm really hoping in story behind it is much grander than that.

Yea, I noticed. If you see Vegeta's costume, his is actualy different as well.... I think so is Gohan's in the lower right hand corner, above Kuririn.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 12:07:28 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
It would also make sense that they let Vegeta finally kill a major villain I guess. Because he has such a brutal and good past with Frieza. He was his servant, Frieza killed his dad and destroyed his planet (and almost the entire race). So it would make great since if they let Vegeta do this. I was expecting Vegeta to kill Frieza from all the stuff that happened to him, but it would be great if it would happen in this.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 01:09:45 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human
I wonder how Friez will be revived? The dragon balls only revive people who died a year ago.
I am liking how they are giving new designs though.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 01:44:34 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
I wonder how Friez will be revived? The dragon balls only revive people who died a year ago.
I am liking how they are giving new designs though.

That's what I used to think too, but it's false:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Can someone who has been dead for a long time even be revived?
A common misconception is that there is a hardline rule stating that someone dead for longer than a year cannot be revived. However, this seems to only apply to a large group of people, as described by the God of Earth directly in the series:

"Why do you ask? Are you intending to bring back to life all the aliens killed in the past by Vegeta and co.? That should be possible too of course, but it would only be effective for those who died within one year."

Many fans have tossed out the idea of possibly resurrecting Goku’s father, Bardock (a character not originally designed by Toriyama, but re-incorporated back into the manga and then revisited again just recently with the “Dragon Ball Minus” bonus chapter of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman). Interestingly, when asked about any additional stories involving Bardock that might be told, Toriyama recently noted:

"But unfortunately, Bardock has been dead for quite some time, so you probably won’t be able to see him in action except in stories of the past. There is the trick of having Shenlong bring him back to life, but by this point, his battle power isn’t high enough, so methinks it’d be a bit difficult."
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/07/25/dragon-ball-z-2015-new-movie-facts/

There may have been a translation error in the dubs when talking about the Dragon ball rules. Also some rules changed once Dende created the new Dragon balls, like the 3 wish rule. I'm going to predict they will wish Frieza back, wish for him to have the God form, and maybe immortality.

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 01:53:04 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
Why is this thread called Battle of gods 2... lol
And also, why the hell would frieza be revived. I thought he could barely fight against a SSJ1, how is this movie gonna run fckssssss
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 01:56:23 AM »
    • View Profile
  • Dakka dakka dakka
Why is everyone calling him "Frieza?" You should know by now it's spelled by now. *is totally being a grammar Nazi*

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
Why is this thread called Battle of gods 2... lol

So people know what they're clicking. I put the movie's title at the beginning of the thread but most people don't know what 'Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection' is yet. I'll change the thread's title when people are more aware of it.

And also, why the hell would frieza be revived. I thought he could barely fight against a SSJ1, how is this movie gonna run fckssssss

Yeah when I saw Frieza I was disappointed because he's so weak. But then I noticed his God aura and that pretty much tells me the whole movie. Hopefully it's good and has flashbacks of Frieza's past and fills us in more on his race. He was always a pretty sinister and badass villain. I suppose they'll probably save the other Gods from different universes for the next movie/ series.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 02:58:32 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
Well well, what a twist, eh? I wasn't expecting that.

I'd have to imagine there's going to be some sort of ass pull power-up in this movie to explain why Freeza can still be a threat despite him being a sort of "benchmark" throughout the series, with Kaioshin and Beerus using him as a point of comparison. Gonna make a shot in the dark here and say that Goku is somehow going to get prevented from using his Super Saiyan form, since the last film established that he's beneath Freeza without it. The last film gave us a new form for Goku, so it might be a fitting juxtaposition to have him go without for this one.

That said, I don't think anyone is going to be able to predict exactly what will happen in this movie. Toriyama is the kind of person who loves to subvert expectations.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 03:13:49 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
Wouldn't it be interesting if Freeza got a power up from Miira in this movie? XD

Still, I'm a little disappointed. I mean, I love the Freeza saga (it's my favorite part of the entire storyline), but come on!
Let the dude stay dead for once.

There may have been a translation error in the dubs when talking about the Dragon ball rules. Also some rules changed once Dende created the new Dragon balls, like the 3 wish rule. I'm going to predict they will wish Frieza back, wish for him to have the God form, and maybe immortality.

No, those rules are accurate. The thing is, people can only be resurrected in a group of if they died within a year. There's no rule I know of that says you can't revive someone who's been dead for eons.
Also, when Dende created the Dragon Balls, he made it so you could have two wishes, not three.
The New Namek Dragon Balls originally had three wishes, but only one person could be revived at a time, but they got an upgrade by the time Buu appeared, and could now restore entire groups with a single wish, although I'm not sure if it explains whether or not it's subject to the one year rule.

Well, I'm sure Toriyama will pull a fantastic story out of his butt, the way he always does.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 03:33:09 AM »

Offline iCpryde

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 20 / 1
    • View Profile
    • The Union Dance Crew
  • The Uprise is coming!
This is very interesting, freiza is definitely the most famous villain from dbz as it had the most iconic moment when Goku got to first turn into a super Saroyan. It also was the first time a battle was so over the top the planet was being destroyed!

I see a lot of people wondering why freiza since he's "weak" well first off he isn't weak, he's stupidly powerful but of course compared to Goku and the others who have severely increased since that time freiza is no match to them.

Though freiza is being revived by these other people they obviously have a plan that is going to make freiza the threat he once was and bring him back to the top.

I think this is great and excited where things go from here. I hope Krillin Tien piccolo and the others can have a bit of screen time for fighting as well.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 03:39:14 AM »

Offline West

• Global Moderator
  • 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 80 / 1
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Acc
  • Hail Doom Kay
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
Wouldn't it be interesting if Freeza got a power up from Miira in this movie? XD
You sir, have blown my mind.
R.I.P. Hall

|  Human Resources Leader for DBO Revelations  |

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 03:44:13 AM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
    • View Profile
No, those rules are accurate.

I read that the Ocean dub had mistranslated it which was causing all the confusion about not being able to bring people back after 1 year.

Also, when Dende created the Dragon Balls, he made it so you could have two wishes, not three.

They give 3 wishes according to the Dragon ball wiki:

"When Dende became the Earth's guardian, he modified the burnt out Dragon Balls created by Kami, giving Shenron the power to grant three wishes (two wishes if one wish is used to revive a large amount of people).

He chose simply modifying Kami's Dragon Balls over creating a new set because the time it would take to create a new set from scratch was far too long, especially given the imminent threat of Cell. In addition to this, Dende's dragon can grant one wish and then have the other wishes saved for a later time. This was shown in the Buu Saga, when one wish was made to revive all those killed by Majin Vegeta, and then Goku asked Shenron to save the following wishes. Therefore, only four or so months after Kid Buu's defeat, another wish was made to erase the Earthlings' memories of Buu. One obstacle that Dende could not overcome for the new set of balls is that, a person cannot be revived more than once."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:54:19 AM by Rock »

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 03:44:59 AM »

Offline Inzane

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • Hmph...
Frieza isn't weak...and I don't understand how some people are disappointed with them bringing him back. Frieza is like the only villain that they bring back that would make sense! Any other villain wouldn't make sense with the storyline and they'd have to create a whole new one. I expected them to bring him back and I'm happy. Because Frieza was a magnificent villain.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:59 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I read that the Ocean dub had mistranslated it which was causing all the confusion about not being able to bring people back after 1 year.

They give 3 wishes according to the Dragon ball wiki:

"When Dende became the Earth's guardian, he modified the burnt out Dragon Balls created by Kami, giving Shenron the power to grant three wishes (two wishes if one wish is used to revive a large amount of people).

He chose simply modifying Kami's Dragon Balls over creating a new set because the time it would take to create a new set from scratch was far too long, especially given the imminent threat of Cell. In addition to this, Dende's dragon can grant one wish and then have the other wishes saved for a later time. This was shown in the Buu Saga, when one wish was made to revive all those killed by Majin Vegeta, and then Goku asked Shenron to save the following wishes. Therefore, only four or so months after Kid Buu's defeat, another wish was made to erase the Earthlings' memories of Buu. One obstacle that Dende could not overcome for the new set of balls is that, a person cannot be revived more than once."

Both of those are in the manga.
The one year thing was never dubbed in the Ocean dub. That was referenced during the fight between Freeza and Super-Saiyajin Goku between Kaiosama and Kami.

Dende had to make it so Shenron could only do two wishes or he wouldn't have enough power to resurrect multiple people. At no point was it ever referenced that Shenron could grant three wishes.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:08:56 AM by Nia »

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."