• Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Today at 03:09:39 AM
    Planet of the Great Apes
  • Today at 01:59:29 AM
    high hopes for that movie xD
  • Today at 01:59:23 AM
    :smugdbo: [link]
  • Yesterday at 04:24:05 AM
    "....grenades going off in your face" is a metaphor for "...if players go mad over bugs and problems" etc.... xD
  • Yesterday at 04:21:29 AM
    dumke gonna ask him questions like the instructor here...and the dude gonna answer like the new dude xD [link]
  • December 15, 2017, 10:25:51 AM
    interestinngg,  a new recruit
  • December 15, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
    Pm Me.
  • December 14, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
    i have a lot free time can work like 12h Day in code
  • December 14, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
    if you want See my progress [link]
  • December 14, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
    Dumke i am marcomurta from Ragzone i have some progress i am working with old akcore people we are intressed in Join in your Team
  • December 12, 2017, 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • December 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • December 12, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing

Topic: Ubisoft Games Gone From Steam  (Read 4740 times)

Ubisoft Games Gone From Steam
« on: November 08, 2014, 03:46:57 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 1
    • View Profile
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2844933/ubisoft-pulls-assassins-creed-unity-far-cry-4-and-the-crew-from-steam.html

All of the older titles are still there but everything else is gone. And then they magically turned up on origin >.>

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 03:57:51 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Ubisoft games suck nowadays anyway.

Last good ubisoft game I remember playing is this:

That's subjective, and completely besides the point. Digital distribution through Steam has been a force for good in PC gaming because all the different companies used it. You only needed one program and one storefront for all your games and save data, only one friends list, and then EA pulled shit and started their Origin service, a lot of different companies have their own 3rd party software you need to even play the game (like uPlay) and now Ubisoft has pulled their games off of steam, possibly to jump ship to origin or start their own storefront and give me yet another program I'd have to download.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 04:07:41 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
I've heard Origin is really temperamental.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 06:11:39 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I don't really know anything about steam (as I've never used it myself), but does it have anything to do with this?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Ik, both of them are insufferable but it gets the point across without me needing to write a wall of text.

That's an unrelated matter.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm subbed to both of those youtubers. I don't think they're insufferable.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 07:32:10 AM »

Offline Kiyza

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 49 / 11
    • View Profile
  • Herald of Galactus
  • I am a: Namekian
That's subjective, and completely besides the point. Digital distribution through Steam has been a force for good in PC gaming because all the different companies used it. You only needed one program and one storefront for all your games and save data, only one friends list, and then EA pulled shit and started their Origin service, a lot of different companies have their own 3rd party software you need to even play the game (like uPlay) and now Ubisoft has pulled their games off of steam, possibly to jump ship to origin or start their own storefront and give me yet another program I'd have to download.

While on one hand you can say it's a force for good, it's also worth mentioning that Steam has a borderline monopoly when it comes to the digital market for games. While that may not seem bad on the surface, I'd point out that there are a lot of rumors of corruption in things like the review boards for indie games to see which ones make it onto Steam's marketplace, which in turn can hurt developers trying to publish their games. While you can offer a game through another service, Steam pretty much rules the digital marketplace and it hurts a lot to not have your title on there.

I don't see what the problem with Ubisoft using a different distributor for their PC games is. While it might be irritating for the customer as someone who exclusively uses Steam, a lot of people already have to put up with purchasing multiple consoles for exclusives, so why is using different services to download games suddenly a huge issue? It's a hell of a lot more convenient than it is to switch between consoles.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1102-6000
Off season for VGC Pokémon due to hating the current meta and competitive format, but will still do doubles; Ganondorf main in Smash 4 Wii U and 3DS; G1 Rank Sword & Shield in MH4U

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 24 / 4
    • View Profile
“We've been in discussions with Valve about Assassin's Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,”

"All three games appear to be back in the U.S. version of Steam, though Ars Technica reports they're still missing from the U.S. store."

It's only in the UK. OP didn't even read the article.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
“We've been in discussions with Valve about Assassin's Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,”

"All three games appear to be back in the U.S. version of Steam, though Ars Technica reports they're still missing from the U.S. store."

Except it said UPDATE on the page, which means it may not have been there before, when he posted.
Not only that, but it says they're still missing from the US store, so it's not only in the UK. People who already have the game(s) are fine, but those who haven't purchased them are assed out.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

Except it said UPDATE on the page, which means it may not have been there before, when he posted.
Not only that, but it says they're still missing from the US store, so it's not only in the UK. People who already have the game(s) are fine, but those who haven't purchased them are assed out.

You ninja'd me.

Yeah, when I first read the article that was not there.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 08:23:51 AM »

Offline SkullBank

• 6 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 9 / 8
    • View Profile
  • The Best Since Day One!
  • I am a: Karma Majin
I get all my news from AlphaOmega  8)

By:xSkySaix(RagingSoul)              
                        Join Our Guild
      http://ragingsoulguild4.wix.com/ragingsoul

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

The first quote wasn't apart of the update. And the update even confirms that they're back on the US store.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 08:30:35 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
The first quote wasn't apart of the update. And the update even confirms that they're back on the US store.

But they WERE pulled from the US store and the first quote does absolutely nothing to explain why it was gone from the US store. Think before you speak.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
But they WERE pulled from the US store and the first quote does absolutely nothing to explain why it was gone from the US store. Think before you speak.
What's your point with this thread then? You're just spreading misinformation if you're going to act like Ubisoft games are gone globally.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 08:52:55 AM »

Offline Umbrax

• 5 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 23 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Super Kami Guru approves this
While on one hand you can say it's a force for good, it's also worth mentioning that Steam has a borderline monopoly when it comes to the digital market for games. While that may not seem bad on the surface, I'd point out that there are a lot of rumors of corruption in things like the review boards for indie games to see which ones make it onto Steam's marketplace, which in turn can hurt developers trying to publish their games. While you can offer a game through another service, Steam pretty much rules the digital marketplace and it hurts a lot to not have your title on there.

I don't see what the problem with Ubisoft using a different distributor for their PC games is. While it might be irritating for the customer as someone who exclusively uses Steam, a lot of people already have to put up with purchasing multiple consoles for exclusives, so why is using different services to download games suddenly a huge issue? It's a hell of a lot more convenient than it is to switch between consoles.

Go watch Extra Cedits the youtube channel about Steam being "crowded" right now. They are one of my favorite youtubers from 2008, and they inspired MatPat to make game theory.

Honestly, no matter how bad Steam gets, Unusuals will always be a crap ton of mon- I MEAN, they will always be good games on Steam. Steam is a good hub atleast for right now.

Also, Ubisoft's PC ports are (mostly) crap anyways.

"Got told off by lukey senpai and made me wear the hat of shame for 5 months until he stopped looking at me with hate on his aussie eyes senpai dono sensei ggwp miyagi san naruto baka pokemon" - Our very own mature Moderator, West

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 08:57:33 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
What's your point with this thread then? You're just spreading misinformation if you're going to act like Ubisoft games are gone globally.

Do I really have to explain this or are you capable of piecing together a sequence of events that makes sense on your own in that lump of mush you call a brain?

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Do I really have to explain this or are you capable of piecing together a sequence of events that makes sense on your own in that lump of mush you call a brain?

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile

Calling you an idiot for not seeing what's right in front of you is not an ad hominem attack, but if I must.

1- Read article
2- Post article
3- Discuss article
4- Hours later an update gets posted in the article
5- Dumbass points out the update and acts like I didn't read article
6- Dumbass damage controls his stupidity by trying to win an argument he already lost

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
1- Read article
2- Post article
3- Discuss article
4- Hours later an update gets posted in the article
5- Dumbass points out the update and acts like I didn't read article
6- Dumbass damage controls his stupidity by trying to win an argument he already lost

The point I referenced wasn't even from the naughtyword update.

We've been in discussions with Valve about Assassin's Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,”

“... for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,”

“... not available via Steam in the UK,”

“... UK,”

I'll make sure to underline the quote too if you still can't read it.

Calling you an idiot for not seeing what's right in front of you is not an ad hominem attack, but if I must.

That's the definition of ad hominem.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
The point I referenced wasn't even from the naughtyword update.

We've been in discussions with Valve about Assassin's Creed Unity but for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,”

“... for the time being the game is not available via Steam in the UK,”

“... not available via Steam in the UK,”

“... UK,”

I'll make sure to underline the quote too if you still can't read it.

I've already covered that. It got removed from the US store and that quote does nothing to explain why. The update was put in later to say the US store has the games back.

That's the definition of ad hominem.

No. No it's not. Ad hominem is the use of solely insults to disregard someone's argument. There was an obvious implied suggestion that there was a sequence of events you're ignoring and that you should think about it, and THEN I called you an idiot. That's not ad hominem, that's just being rude. I'm rude, deal with it.

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 09:39:31 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I've already covered that. It got removed from the US store and that quote does nothing to explain why. The update was put in later to say the US store has the games back.

It doesn't help that this article is a day late. This happened yesterday.

No. No it's not. Ad hominem is the use of solely insults to disregard someone's argument. There was an obvious implied suggestion that there was a sequence of events you're ignoring and that you should think about it, and THEN I called you an idiot. That's not ad hominem, that's just being rude. I'm rude, deal with it.

"Do I really have to explain this or are you capable of piecing together a sequence of events that makes sense on your own in that lump of mush you call a brain?."-Jak

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ad+hominem

Ad hominem -attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

It was an ad hominem.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 09:50:51 AM »

Offline Vroku

• 7 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 36 / 5
    • View Profile
    • Typocalypse
  • Aussie!
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

My theory is, since steam is a monopoly maybe this move by Ubisoft might open up the market to be more competitive. It all comes down to consumer preference, a lot of people play Ubisoft games, the Assassins Creed series being the most popular. Steam has little to no substitutes and it's quite difficult to compete with them. I find this move by Ubisoft interesting and it's more than likely Origin will increase it's users. Who knows, in the future we may see a duopoly between Origin and Steam.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:01:42 AM by Vroku »

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 09:51:05 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It doesn't help that this article is a day late. This happened yesterday.

Are you really going to bring the speed in which information reaches the public into this? Because that is completely irrelevant.

"Do I really have to explain this or are you capable of piecing together a sequence of events that makes sense on your own in that lump of mush you call a brain?."-Jak

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ad+hominem

Ad hominem -attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

It was an ad hominem.

My implied suggestion in the post was my answer to your argument. If anything it's the "Judgemental Language" Red Herring. That is not the same as ad hominem.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:52:43 AM by Jak »

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »

Offline Mikecw.

• 5 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Are you really going to bring the speed in which information reaches the public into this? Because that is completely irrelevant.

You're assuming a lot there. But yes, this information was released publicly yesterday. I even spoke about it on the shoutbox. Either way, Ubisoft came out and stated that the UK would only be affected.

In my opinion, this movement towards Uplay is probably going to make piracy a more viable option.

My implied suggestion in the post was my answer to your argument. If anything it's the "Judgemental Language" Red Herring. That is not the same as ad hominem.

You're probably right about the red herring.

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline Jak

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
You're assuming a lot there. But yes, this information was released publicly yesterday. I even spoke about it on the shoutbox. Either way, Ubisoft came out and stated that the UK would only be affected.

In my opinion, this movement towards Uplay is probably going to make piracy a more viable option.

You're probably right about the red herring.

And I think here is a good place to end this. Since the update got pointed out there has been no actual discussion about it, it's just been you and me.