[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: Question!  (Read 6065 times)

Question!
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
    • View Profile
Um I know people that it takes them like three months to crack a game and get it playing on private servers. Why is it you guys don't even have a registration page that is actually working and up? Plus you don't don't even have a pre alpha version playable for the public or even download links. Also it's quite illegal what you're doing anyway. I am surprised you aren't shut down lol. So where is your working version?

This is not a threat this is simply asking questions.

Question!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 85 / 6
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
they are not cracking it they are building it from the ground up so it takes a while
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

like and subscribe please

Question!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I will bring about a new age of THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!
  • I am a: Fighter
The reason is because those other games used the games original clients this group is making their own and not using old versions like other private servers who are trying to bring the game back.
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
~Napoleon Hill

Question!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »
    • View Profile
No no it's illegal to build a video game or anything based on copyrighted material no matter what it is if you or I aren't the actual owners or given contract rights to do so. I am very surprised that Toei Animation or Toriyama's laywers and other people or even FUNimation haven't shut you guys down. Have you guys received cease and desist letters yet or threats from lawyers or whatever?

Question!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
No no it's illegal to build a video game or anything based on copyrighted material no matter what it is if you or I aren't the actual owners or given contract rights to do so. I am very surprised that Toei Animation or Toriyama's laywers and other people or even FUNimation haven't shut you guys down. Have you guys received cease and desist letters yet or threats from lawyers or whatever?
They are making there own clients and stuff so they are doing nothing wrong
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Question!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 77 / 6
    • View Profile
  • Two in harmony surpass one in perfection.
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
FUNImation would have nothing to do with it, since it's based entirely off the manga. FUNI only holds the license for the anime.

Also, it's unlikely Toei or Toriyama would ever do this, since in Japan doujinshi based off existing properties is frequently sold, and very rarely punished legally, as the creators consider it to basically be free advertising.

Also, as they aren't making any money off this game, and there is no official paid version, it's unlikely they're going to get into any trouble.

"I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet, those hands will never hold anything
 So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Question!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »
    • View Profile
Nope the people who owned the original game said that it would be impossible for anyone to remake the game I'm pretty sure. Plus it seems that you want this project to shutdown and for people who have been waiting to no longer have the hope that the game will return.
~Napoleon Hill

Question!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
    • View Profile
Lol money or not, not many people are actually informed on the laws at least in the USA. FUNimation is the USA's official representatives for TOEI Animation and Toriyama's businesses in America on this subject of DB-DBGT. Anything related to those topics goes through them. That's how they are related to this.

Also I am not saying I want this shut down. I am just discussing and surprised it hasn't been shut down yet. It's kinda like skyrim and Oblivion and Morrowing for the Elderscrolls. They were making Morroblivion when they got notices (and they aren't charging or anything and making everything from scratch) of cease and desist. They contacted Bethsda and finally got legal permission in contract to make Skyblivion and Skywind and Morroblivion and anything else. But until they did that they couldn't make what they were doing anymore.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:26:35 AM by VegitoReborn »

Question!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:25:19 AM »
    • View Profile
Well the project hasn't been given any warnings yet.
~Napoleon Hill

Question!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:34 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
Lol money or not, not many people are actually informed on the laws at least in the USA. FUNimation is the USA's official representatives for TOEI Animation and Toriyama's businesses in America on this subject of DB-DBGT. Anything related to those topics goes through them. That's how they are related to this.
Well its not,deal with it

Question!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
    • View Profile
Well its not,deal with it

Wow since when can someone just "declare" that something isn't illegal because they haven't been caught yet? surly you can't.

Question!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
Wow since when can someone just "declare" that something isn't illegal because they haven't been caught yet? surly you can't.
Surely you are a obvious troll who just wanna start drama.

Question!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 09:31:21 AM »
    • View Profile
Surely you are a obvious troll who just wanna start drama.

Troll definition means "to literally be intentionally causing problems and arguments with the intent to cause trouble" I am not intending or literally trying to cause problems. I am discussing. If you don't like it don't reply.

The person who first starts to disagree is the person is more than likely the troll not the person discussing.

Question!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
    • View Profile
Troll definition means "to literally be intentionally causing problems and arguments with the intent to cause trouble" I am not intending or literally trying to cause problems. I am discussing. If you don't like it don't reply.

The person who first starts to disagree is the person is more than likely the troll not the person discussing.
Dude this website are for people who actually want the game to come back
~Napoleon Hill

Question!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »
    • View Profile
Dude this website are for people who actually want the game to come back

Yeah and I wanted to play it when it was legally out. I am actually searching for a running version of this game and sadly no one has tried it would seem to actually bring it back exactly as it was. This is the ONLY place I have found anywhere that claims to be doing stuff and shows potential videos and screenshots.

Question!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.

They cant be sued because they are not gaining any money off it and they use a self made client

so there is nothing to sue.

Question!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile

Also I am not saying I want this shut down. I am just discussing and surprised it hasn't been shut down yet. It's kinda like skyrim and Oblivion and Morrowing for the Elderscrolls. They were making Morroblivion when they got notices (and they aren't charging or anything and making everything from scratch) of cease and desist. They contacted Bethsda and finally got legal permission in contract to make Skyblivion and Skywind and Morroblivion and anything else. But until they did that they couldn't make what they were doing anymore.
I find that rather surprising, since Bethesda includes the tools for making such mods with their games.

And actually, if anything were to be the legal representation of those in the US, it would Viz Media and Bandai-Namco. FUNImation merely licenses the anime. The manga in particular was released without even a glance at FUNImation.

Also, there's been an explanation to the legality of the project.

Question!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »
    • View Profile
I find that rather surprising, since Bethesda includes the tools for making such mods with their games.

And actually, if anything were to be the legal representation of those in the US, it would Viz Media and Bandai-Namco. FUNImation merely licenses the anime. The manga in particular was released without even a glance at FUNImation.

Also, there's been an explanation to the legality of the project.

can you please give a link to that explanation?

Question!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 09:37:35 AM »
    • View Profile
The project has not been given anything that shows illegal actions probaly since its pretty much promoting the new dragon ball z game.
~Napoleon Hill

Question!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
    • View Profile
They cant be sued because they are not gaining any money off it and they use a self made client

so there is nothing to sue.

copyright infringement. You don't have to make money for it to be a violation. Simply to "make" something within legal US definition being 60% or more in likeness is an infringement. You don't have to be selling it to be illegal. What country do you live in? If you don't believe me go look up the laws (Federal Only counts)

Post Merge: October 28, 2014, 09:39:06 AM
The project has not been given anything that shows illegal actions probaly since its pretty much promoting the new dragon ball z game.

you mean Xenoverse right?

Question!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »

Offline Bardock

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
  • Legendary warrior.
copyright infringement. You don't have to make money for it to be a violation. Simply to "make" something within legal US definition being 60% or more in likeness is an infringement. You don't have to be selling it to be illegal. What country do you live in? If you don't believe me go look up the laws (Federal Only counts)

I think its called fair use?

Question!
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »

Offline Nia

• Dragon King's Focus
    • View Profile
can you please give a link to that explanation?

Here you go.
http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=1447.0

Uh, you realize this game isn't centered in the US anyway, right?
The server's owner is Australian.

Besides, in all likelihood, the only ones who would complain are FUNImation, which have no legal course here, since it's unrelated to the anime, and was never available in any country where FUNI had it licensed.

Question!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »
    • View Profile
I think its called fair use?

Fair use, that's funny. That only applies to media as in like the news and video reviews. You can't make an entire video game with the fair use law. It even specifically says in that law that it only applies to media news and reviews that someone can make money off of whatever. The only catch is you get 5 seconds of show time and no more no matter the content. Ever watch the new and they say "I think we can only play 5 seconds....is that right Jim?" And then they play the whatever. Also Fair use applies to things that no longer have a copyright to anyone. Meaning if it is labeled as "fair use" and no copyright is on the product you can use it and make money with it. Has nothing to do with making something.

Question!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »

Offline Tomlanji

• Shenron
  • Honor: 72 / 0
    • View Profile
  • ★║-Dead-║★
  • I am a: Human

Question!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 09:46:31 AM »
    • View Profile
Here you go.
http://dborevelations.com/forums/index.php?topic=1447.0

Uh, you realize this game isn't centered in the US anyway, right?
The server's owner is Australian.

Besides, in all likelihood, the only ones who would complain are FUNImation, which have no legal course here, since it's unrelated to the anime, and was never available in any country where FUNI had it licensed.

Okay didn't know they were in Australia. Means they escape US law. But they do have to deal with Japanese laws because that's where it is copyrighted to. Hopefully they don't shut it down.