Topic: Basic Inquiry about the DBOR project  (Read 1269 times)

Basic Inquiry about the DBOR project
« on: March 25, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline murdoch

• None
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I stumbled across this page whilst searching for DBO (after becoming aware of the fact it had shut down.) and I am interested in the project, however a few things worry me slightly.

Now I do want to point out that in no way do I mean to offend the integrity or the intention of the Dev team with what I'm about to ask.

First of all I've browsed the forum and the website and have come across no actual technical information regarding this project...No Roadmaps, dev diaries or anything, other than reitteration of ingame information that was freely available elsewhere.

Secondly how large is the dev team? I've had a little browse around and not found much of a mention, however its very likely I've over looked something, also what experience do you guys have? I'm sure you are aware of the immense task you have ahead of you, after all SWGEmu has a decent sized Dev team containing some startling talent and its taken those guys almost seven years to get their game into BETA.

Third how are you going about building the actual framework, I understand you intend to reverse engineer the original but what about the reconstruction? Do you intend to build your own engine or modify an existing one? Will you also be coding your own network engine or using something like Raknet?  Also what language/scripting languages will you be using?  No doubt C for the core engine but with what? LUA,PERL,PYTHON?

forth servers, do you have them yet? I understand its very very early days but i just wondered what you had in mind? And their locality, region base servers (NA,EU so on) or everyone together?

I hope my mining of grey matter does not seem offensive or overly probing, its just this project does appeal to me and I've been let down all to often with projects that just dwindle away.

Thanks for your time.

Murdoch

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 03:01:00 AM »

Offline SonGoku

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 4 / 1
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul
  • DBOR!!!
  • I am a: Human
http://dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44752 <---- the dev team list

check these videos out of their progress out hope it helps! ^^
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:02:51 AM by SonGoku »

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:12:13 AM »

Offline Chadek

• Shenron
  • Honor: 38 / 4
    • View Profile
  • Dont stop, doing what you're doing
  • I am a: Grand Chef
http://dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44752 <---- the dev team list

check these videos out of their progress out hope it helps! ^^

i think team list have slightly changed since then, it was long ago(September 16, 2013)

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:00 AM »

Offline SonGoku

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul
  • DBOR!!!
i think team list have slightly changed since then, it was long ago(September 16, 2013)
ik but thats as close as i could get xD

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:14 AM »
    • View Profile
  • DBOR - Graphic Designers's Leader
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
The team has changed, the temam was reduced :D
Graphic Designers's Leader for DBORevelations

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 03:53:08 AM »

Offline SonGoku

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
    • RagingSoul
  • DBOR!!!
The team has changed, the temam was reduced :D
lol ik i heard many people got kicked out or left xD

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:06:12 AM »

Offline Sport

• Shenron
  • Honor: 78 / 16
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Fast Money
The game visual graphics will remain the same. However, i have seen Links work about changing some of the scenery but, i doubt it will changed.

The Dev team isnt that big. You have a project manager, game coders, mechanics, and contributors.

The only thing that will really change in the game is the skill balance, more events and better moderation on both the forum and in game.

The server location will remain a secret for now but, there is two locations that we are looking at that might be chosen.

The game is being totally written by the game coders for legal reasons. It will be in complete English and might be translated into several other languages so, that everyone can read the game.

I hope i helped in anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal