[November 18, 2017, 09:47:57 AM]

Anyone from Canada? by Yuhao
[November 09, 2017, 03:10:56 PM]

View Desktop Site View Mobile Site

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History
  • Keep it Clean! No Advertising!
  • Yesterday at 10:35:22 PM
    Luke[Dumke] i want help us with the Dev where we can Talk?
  • Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM
    Hello Guys
  • Yesterday at 01:25:50 PM
    :barduck:
  • December 10, 2017, 08:38:32 AM
    :uwot:
  • December 06, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
    :aussie:
  • December 06, 2017, 11:53:15 AM
    >:(
  • December 05, 2017, 09:28:21 AM
    me --> [link]
  • December 05, 2017, 09:27:19 AM
    you get 19+1+14+20+1 = 55 = 5x5 =25. Now mirror the number 25 and you get 52 = 5-2 = Illuminati pyramid has 3 sides. Santa = Illuminati confirmed!
  • December 05, 2017, 09:25:08 AM
    Santa...in the alphabet the S is the 19th letter. And if you break down the word santa like that with the rest of the letter
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
    :aussie:
  • December 05, 2017, 05:48:16 AM
    Nononono. The Aussie Santa is Dumke
  • December 05, 2017, 04:45:20 AM
    :))
  • December 05, 2017, 02:43:26 AM
    oi oi oi im the australian santa oi oi oi
  • December 04, 2017, 06:14:29 PM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
    WINTER IS HERE!
  • December 02, 2017, 09:51:20 AM
    [link]
  • December 02, 2017, 03:38:09 AM
    Lookin' good
  • December 01, 2017, 04:38:29 AM
    [link]
  • November 28, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
    :grin:
  • November 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
    Well that's friggin depressing
  • November 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
    D:
  • November 27, 2017, 11:39:49 PM
    ecsdee
  • November 25, 2017, 03:16:03 PM
    :crydbo:
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:38 AM
    :'(
  • November 25, 2017, 05:18:32 AM
    me: [link]  [link]
  • November 25, 2017, 02:08:26 AM
    I only wait for dbor :(
  • November 25, 2017, 01:40:40 AM
    :-\
  • November 24, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
    [link]
  • November 20, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
    :'(
  • November 17, 2017, 10:06:30 PM
    R.I.P Bulma...[link]

Topic: About the...Generations mechanic  (Read 3189 times)

About the...Generations mechanic
« on: September 26, 2014, 03:51:51 AM »
    • View Profile
I get it that so far this project is about bringing the old DBO back and that later when it is succesfull things would be added. Also forgive that his is not in the proper Now I was kind of afraid to ask this but what about the Generations System?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Aka mariage system
Please do not hate me, I guess you guys would not like it because it was criticly acclaimed. But please hear me out, even if you guys hate it/do not like it I just want o hear your toughts and opinios about in context of GAMEPLAY AND LORE. After all DBO got away from the main cast of Dragon Ball and placed "you' as a character into the DBO world while expanding the lore. As much as I liked Dragon Ball Z fighting scene's, the Dragon Ball arc was an intresting adventure arc before the series changed their 'tone' (then again it could be that I only watched the Funimation dub so far) to DBZ. Sure they were fights here and there in the Dragon Ball arc but to be honest collecting the Dragon Balls was a nice touch and the shift for the series. But it was also nice that the it from the shift to DBZ and the 23 rd Bodukai Tournament that the main role of the Characters kind of shifted to new generations. Think about King Piccolo shifting to Piccolo Jr (the Piccolo we know today) and the switch from Goku to Gohan even tough Goku still retained the spotlight. For you guys I might seem that this gets out of topic but going from one generation to the next was a also a theme in Dragon Ball. Not to mention it would also fit in with the Figth against Mira and Towa, you can time travel sure but would it be nice to know you had offspring to make sure they would continue the fight against them?

Anyway now I explained while this system is actually lore wise and true to the Dragon Ball story lets talk about the gameplay and how this would work. We have many social aspects in the game like party's Budokai, Guilds, Duels etc, for certain Races (not being racist to Namekian's) it would be a social aspect not to mention a way to keep role playing the DBOR world the Generations system would work for two of the races is in the form well I am not gonna spell it out of Humans and I am censoring the word for those who cannot stand (it is not the three letter word)
Spoiler for Hidden:
Marriage
while for Majins the system could work in the same way that Majin Buu and Ms Buu started the race. For Namekians well you know how they 'reproduce' so I am not talking about those.

As for Gameplay wise it would give the offspring benefits not only to be able to play as a kid, if the parents for example had both Super Saiyan Unlocked by Shenron, the offspring would immeadly get that skill since the "Potential" can be passed to Generations and the Saiyan blood would not delude that much anyway. As for Majins and Namekians it would be the same thing for their transformations. Not only that but it would also be a benefit to get a free Recreate and to start over as  different class (if they want to) without recreating a character from scratch. Granted this would be totally overpowering if the Character's level stays the same and they have all skills even if the Class is different would be different tough I suggest that the level be reset to 1 but that they are bit 'more' stronger than when you start with a new created character from Level 1). And for some of you who might finding grinding a pain and that power boost is unfair, you could get an XP boost from this instead, to be honest I kind of liked the grinding in DBO. Not to mention you could rename your character, to enhance the role-play in the game.

That 'mechanic' never made it into the game and so I KNOW I would not see it now in this build, but I kind of hoped it would appear in the future. After all in was not even in the Beta versions of the game so this would be a huge thing to program in the game in terms of Game Balance and true to DBO (or in this case DBOR)'s Lore. And before you ask I place story not at the first place

Spoiler for Hidden:
First Place Gameplay
Second Place: Story/Lore
Third Place: Graphics

And I kind of know that this like DBOR itself would take much things to program and before you guys would hate me here is another suggestion why not introduce Items that have the same effects that the Marriage system will give. This may be easier to program but it would not really increase the game in a social way if these mechanics were introduced that. To be honest introducing the Generations system could enhance Role-Playing into the game (not in the dark way if that is what you are thinking)

Well that was my opinion please give me your thoughts about this. And please I know they cannot do this yet and that they are first trying to build the DBO like it was before it was shut down.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:00:41 PM by Luke[Dumke], Reason: moved to correct place »

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 07:59:37 PM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
Me, not being able to play the game think that that is a great mechanic to add in, but being able to play as your kid? Wouldn't that just make them follow their father/mothers path or just do the things the parents didnt do? I say that we do that, but with a few exceptions.

1: They act like a 'pet'..oh god. Train with them, make them stronger and what not.
2: They have the same ageing process as you, once they are level 30 they will be a adult or once level 15 they could be a teen [same for you]
3: A relationship [no not dating your own children], if you are in trouble the relationship is low, they wont help you, high however, they will.

That might be alot too add. Mybe not in the release but 5 or 6 months after it. :P

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:40:42 PM »

Offline Rock

• Shenron
  • Honor: 21 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Veteran player since Korean beta
I kinda skimmed through that because I'm rushing today(btw, happy 2015 everyone!) but DBOR said a couple weeks ago that they might try to add a marriage system one day. It would be amazing if it was like the legacy system in SWTOR
Spoiler for Hidden:
()
but I doubt it because that's super in-depth. Check the last couple Fridays with DBOR if you have any other questions because they answered a lot. DBOR ftw
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:43:13 PM by Rock »

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:25:31 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
  • Honor: 15 / 3
    • View Profile
  • Praise the Radiant God! Jr. Master of Radiant Dawn
  • I am a: Swordsmaster
I get it that so far this project is about bringing the old DBO back and that later when it is succesfull things would be added. Also forgive that his is not in the proper Now I was kind of afraid to ask this but what about the Generations System?
Spoiler for Hidden:
Aka mariage system
Please do not hate me, I guess you guys would not like it because it was criticly acclaimed. But please hear me out, even if you guys hate it/do not like it I just want o hear your toughts and opinios about in context of GAMEPLAY AND LORE. After all DBO got away from the main cast of Dragon Ball and placed "you' as a character into the DBO world while expanding the lore. As much as I liked Dragon Ball Z fighting scene's, the Dragon Ball arc was an intresting adventure arc before the series changed their 'tone' (then again it could be that I only watched the Funimation dub so far) to DBZ. Sure they were fights here and there in the Dragon Ball arc but to be honest collecting the Dragon Balls was a nice touch and the shift for the series. But it was also nice that the it from the shift to DBZ and the 23 rd Bodukai Tournament that the main role of the Characters kind of shifted to new generations. Think about King Piccolo shifting to Piccolo Jr (the Piccolo we know today) and the switch from Goku to Gohan even tough Goku still retained the spotlight. For you guys I might seem that this gets out of topic but going from one generation to the next was a also a theme in Dragon Ball. Not to mention it would also fit in with the Figth against Mira and Towa, you can time travel sure but would it be nice to know you had offspring to make sure they would continue the fight against them?

Anyway now I explained while this system is actually lore wise and true to the Dragon Ball story lets talk about the gameplay and how this would work. We have many social aspects in the game like party's Budokai, Guilds, Duels etc, for certain Races (not being racist to Namekian's) it would be a social aspect not to mention a way to keep role playing the DBOR world the Generations system would work for two of the races is in the form well I am not gonna spell it out of Humans and I am censoring the word for those who cannot stand (it is not the three letter word)
Spoiler for Hidden:
Marriage
while for Majins the system could work in the same way that Majin Buu and Ms Buu started the race. For Namekians well you know how they 'reproduce' so I am not talking about those.

As for Gameplay wise it would give the offspring benefits not only to be able to play as a kid, if the parents for example had both Super Saiyan Unlocked by Shenron, the offspring would immeadly get that skill since the "Potential" can be passed to Generations and the Saiyan blood would not delude that much anyway. As for Majins and Namekians it would be the same thing for their transformations. Not only that but it would also be a benefit to get a free Recreate and to start over as  different class (if they want to) without recreating a character from scratch. Granted this would be totally overpowering if the Character's level stays the same and they have all skills even if the Class is different would be different tough I suggest that the level be reset to 1 but that they are bit 'more' stronger than when you start with a new created character from Level 1). And for some of you who might finding grinding a pain and that power boost is unfair, you could get an XP boost from this instead, to be honest I kind of liked the grinding in DBO. Not to mention you could rename your character, to enhance the role-play in the game.

That 'mechanic' never made it into the game and so I KNOW I would not see it now in this build, but I kind of hoped it would appear in the future. After all in was not even in the Beta versions of the game so this would be a huge thing to program in the game in terms of Game Balance and true to DBO (or in this case DBOR)'s Lore. And before you ask I place story not at the first place

Spoiler for Hidden:
First Place Gameplay
Second Place: Story/Lore
Third Place: Graphics

And I kind of know that this like DBOR itself would take much things to program and before you guys would hate me here is another suggestion why not introduce Items that have the same effects that the Marriage system will give. This may be easier to program but it would not really increase the game in a social way if these mechanics were introduced that. To be honest introducing the Generations system could enhance Role-Playing into the game (not in the dark way if that is what you are thinking)

Well that was my opinion please give me your thoughts about this. And please I know they cannot do this yet and that they are first trying to build the DBO like it was before it was shut down.

Well you make some valid points but i got a few things.
Having a level 1 kid with ssj,pure majin, and great namek is sorta OP.
Could cross races breed. Also they all should be able to marry even namekian.
How does the game decide what the baby looks like? Or if it was a boy or girl?
Would both parents get the same child or would they make two separate ones
@megavipersnake

Dawning a new Radiant Strength
Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 10:16:41 AM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
As I read through your post, alot of things were confusing, not because it was complicated, but because you sometimes made no sense. All that I could think of was "Wow, some people really to be really try-hard on the roleplaying thing". It really seemed like that.

After watching Rock's video on the Legacy System, which seems very very similar to what you described, I changed my mind. It looks really really cool now (If your thing is really similar to the  Legacy System), but it is indeed some very serious project. This is a BIG BIG leap and it's the kind of thing that will take a year or something for the actual DBOR team if it wants to be released without bugs.

This could easily be implemented with the housing system, so your family can live there, but here comes the next problem. Indeed a kid inheritance of adult abilities to your kid or a transformation is indeed OP. And when you get your child, would it be an NPC or controlled by you? If it was controlled by you, then you would have to breed(nvm, let's call it marry) a NPC, because then what would happen to the other person in the marriage? No character? Would it get duplicated? That second option surely wouldn't work. Or the first one at all.

Could cross races breed. Also they all should be able to marry even namekian.
Well, it doesn't make much sense since their genetic makeup is VERY VERY different. Also it would require a hybrid model of:
Human-Namek, Human-Majin, Namek-Majin and the customize thingies, new armor (You can't just be able to war both human and namek armor for example), weapons, skills, classes(Since it's a hybrid, it shares both classes, making a new one). It's more complicated.

I guess this whole thing is very very complicated. It would have a ton of bugs if it was done and maybe the reason why it was not finished in the original DBO. IT requires a whole lot of planning and mostly, programmers.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Kaioken Master
About the marriage system
Son West already announced
there will be a marriage system
later in the game.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
About the marriage system
Son West already announced
there will be a marriage system
later in the game.
No you misinterpret wat he said

Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 12:07:25 PM »

Offline Sky

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 18 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Ruler of the Divines and ya Step Mom
  • I am a: Turtle Hermit
Spoiler for Hidden:

sooo yall trying to have sex in game now

gg

and yes i read the whole thing

its 2015 now so i digress
A Cool Guy Like Me   Deserves A Cool Sig

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »
    • View Profile
  • 海賊王におれはなる!!! / Whazzzzuuuup!?
  • I am a: Great Namek
Woah....don't know what game ppl played but it was not dbo xD
What's with that marriage stuff lol...Just because Goku had kids in Anime doesn't mean it should be ingame too. That's something totally different.

A couple system, in which you and your partner have to be online at the same time to get "couple exp" for special "couple buffs" ( no op sh*t), is ok. But having own kids????? Dafaq...that's waaaaaaay too much. Just because another game may has that kind of stuff doesn't mean DBO should have it too.

And besides...i'm 100% sure that in DBO are more guys than girls. Do you really expect that the most of the guys will create a female char? Cuz i saw a few games which had a couple system but only if the partner was from the opposite gender it was possible to be a couple..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:53:40 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »
*click for original size*

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »

Offline SantiHN

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 12 / 3
    • View Profile
  • I am a: Plasma Majin
Do you really expect that the most of the guys will create a female char?
Well about that...

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »

Offline Rogue

• Dragon King's Strength
    • View Profile
What's with that marriage stuff lol...Just because Goku had kids in Anime doesn't mean it should be ingame too. That's something totally different.

A couple system, in which you and your partner have to be online at the same time to get "couple exp" for special "couple buffs" ( no op sh*t), is ok. But having own kids????? Dafaq...that's waaaaaaay too much. Just because another game may has that kind of stuff doesn't mean DBO should have it too.

And besides...i'm 100% sure that in DBO are more guys than girls. Do you really expect that the most of the guys will create a female char? Cuz i saw a few games which had a couple system but only if the partner was from the opposite gender it was possible to be a couple..

exactly thank you. The couple thing alright but the whole kid like where do they do that at?

Join Radiant Dawn

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »

Offline Jaryan

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 5 / 0
    • View Profile
  • MarineCorps recruiting majins and nameks
IDC about the marriage system stuff, but it wouldn't be something difficult to implement at all so i figure why not, most people who make alts make female characters and some do have mains as females as well, but it probably wont be enough female characters to go around to marry all the male character, but I dont really see that as an issue because marriage is not something you have to do, so just because its in the game doesn't mean you have to get married...

The whole kid/genetic thing sounds far fetched to me though...
MarineCorps are recruting especially for majins and nameks

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »

Offline SSJGoku

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 3 / 0
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • 現在日本語を勉強
  • I am a: Super Saiyan

Yeah I agree. Nothing OP of course. The kid thing is taking it too far. Although I've seen a lot of guys on the internet making a female character. It is weird but people have done it. I guess people who have a friend from the opposite gender who likes  DBO IRL would love the couple system xD. I honestly don't think this is something that the DBOR Team have to spend time to implement. If this marriage system gave some useful advantages then I would vote for yeah I would want this in game.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »

Offline Hellu

• 3 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 10 / 2
    • View Profile
  • Ghost
  • I am a: Gun Maniac
Making DBOR more like

A guy who thinks about DBOR as an Adventure/PvP mmorpg  I must say

Spoiler for Hidden:
go play play SIMS3

Seriously whats the point of having a marriage system in any MMORPG game? I know you get certain bonus, but the thought of me getting married to someone in game ( who clearly is 42years old dude playing with majin girl avatar) is creepy as hell.  :r_worried:

While dogs bark, We fight.
While dogs howl, We kill.
While dogs fight for fame,
United as One Fist & One blood,
We stand for Our Honor.
      Baltic Wolves

Some serious brainstorm how to make DBO a better place for everyone : http://www.docdroid.net/JLD9cyd/dragonball-private-server-project-brainstorm.pdf.html