nooooo Luke i was joking about the NC-17 link xD
  • October 14, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
    :)) :))
  • October 14, 2017, 07:41:40 AM
    DBhORor
  • October 11, 2017, 09:41:15 PM
    [link]
  • October 11, 2017, 09:21:31 AM
    That moment when I should be studying but I try to get distracted by anything and come check the forums :v
  • October 11, 2017, 09:19:03 AM
    wut
  • October 11, 2017, 08:32:20 AM
    happyyy late birthday lukee
  • October 11, 2017, 07:13:32 AM
    happy belated
  • October 11, 2017, 02:15:37 AM
    Happy Birthday  :hype:
  • October 10, 2017, 03:03:11 AM
    Happy B.Day Luke  :hbd:
  • October 10, 2017, 02:44:58 AM
    :popo:
  • October 10, 2017, 12:48:33 AM
    :hbd: :hbd:
  • October 09, 2017, 01:28:05 PM
    :8000:
  • October 09, 2017, 08:07:55 AM
    BoOoOOoO
  • October 09, 2017, 08:07:42 AM
    halllloooowweeeenn
  • October 09, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen: Ray Ray. [link] p.s: if you haven't seen the movie yet, go and do it. ofc you watch the first movie then the second one. it's actually nice^^
  • October 09, 2017, 07:51:34 AM
  • October 08, 2017, 04:06:36 AM
    ahh f*ck...forgot... [link]
  • October 08, 2017, 04:06:23 AM
    *sees spooky theme* ... ---> [youtube]Xvjnoagk6GU[/youtube]
  • October 08, 2017, 02:08:04 AM
    Dragon Ball Online Revelations: Spooky Edition
  • October 07, 2017, 05:35:01 AM
    It's Spoonbob
  • October 07, 2017, 04:46:13 AM
    who dat weirdo, monkey?
  • October 06, 2017, 08:51:22 PM
    with a lot of fantasy it is out [link]
  • October 06, 2017, 10:00:37 AM
    Is this game still not out?
  • October 06, 2017, 08:45:53 AM
  • October 04, 2017, 07:55:17 AM
    D=
  • October 04, 2017, 07:26:48 AM
    D:

Topic: Character Appearance Editor?  (Read 11399 times)

Character Appearance Editor?
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:26:16 AM »

Offline Magatama

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 1 / 0
    • View Profile
  • I'd wish for unlimited supplies of bacon :D
  • I am a: Super Saiyan
I know the important thing first of all is actually getting the game set up to its old glory but I was wondering what you guys would think of a way to edit your characters appearance later in the game? maybe like a barber npc or something? I'm quite picky when it comes to characters and I like to change look every once in a while to keep my character fresh.

e.g. Change human's hair, colour and face.
Namekian colour ect.

Just a suggestion for future updates.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:15:44 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 14 / 19
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
  • I am a: Ultimate Majin
Lool bruh this aint gta there aint gon be no barber npc lmfao

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 02:16:54 AM »

Offline Gotexo

• 1 Dragonball
  • Honor: 0 / 0
    • View Profile
  • Gamer
  • I am a: Namekian
I know the important thing first of all is actually getting the game set up to its old glory but I was wondering what you guys would think of a way to edit your characters appearance later in the game? maybe like a barber npc or something? I'm quite picky when it comes to characters and I like to change look every once in a while to keep my character fresh.

e.g. Change human's hair, colour and face.
Namekian colour ect.

Just a suggestion for future updates.

You cant change your Face too

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 02:34:08 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 8 / 5
    • View Profile
  • A dead planet is one of infinite possibilities.
Lool bruh this aint gta there aint gon be no barber npc lmfao
You're right, it's DBZ, not GTA.

In DBZ, the human characters constantly change their hairstyles.
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/c/1c449_ORIG-yamcha_and_gohan_anyone_else_realize_o_361919.jpg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32800000/Bulma-s-Hairstyles-dragon-ball-females-32827036-400-500.jpg

Buu's face changed multiple times, too - even at will:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110502020919/ultradragonball/images/9/91/BuuMorphs.jpg

So, should there be a way to change your character after creation?

Hell yes.

You don't have to wanna change your character. You can keep the same hair the entire way through the game if you feel so inclined. However, just because you don't want a feature, doesn't mean everyone else should be denied it, either.

Especially if it fits into the series, which I've just proven (and you've even aided my proof with your GTA remark).

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 02:37:55 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
Mate this isn't the series. Only cause they did shit in the series doesn't mean they should do it in dbo lol you people never seem to get that.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:42:46 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Mate this isn't the series. Only cause they did shit in the series doesn't mean they should do it in dbo lol you people never seem to get that.
So if I argue "good MMO's do this", it gets shot down.
If I argue "it follows the spirit of the series", it gets shot down.

It seems you just want to cry about any suggestion that wasn't in the original MMO.

Regardless. Changing your hairstyles is a staple ability in any character customisation-based MMO. As someone said in one of the other topics, "you're not Goku, you're your own character in the DBZ world". You should have the option to change hairstyles whenever you want.

It also ties into RP potential, which a lot of people would enjoy being able to do probably. If you don't, that's fine. No one cares. Other people do.

Either way, how's about you name one reason NOT to have the ability to change your hairstyles, then? I've given a good multitude. I'm sure you can manage one other than "I don't like it" or "I don't need it", right?

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 02:49:21 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
So if I argue "good MMO's do this", it gets shot down.
If I argue "it follows the spirit of the series", it gets shot down.

It seems you just want to cry about any suggestion that wasn't in the original MMO.

Regardless. Changing your hairstyles is a staple ability in any character customisation-based MMO. As someone said in one of the other topics, "you're not Goku, you're your own character in the DBZ world". You should have the option to change hairstyles whenever you want.

It also ties into RP potential, which a lot of people would enjoy being able to do probably. If you don't, that's fine. No one cares. Other people do.

Either way, how's about you name one reason NOT to have the ability to change your hairstyles, then? I've given a good multitude. I'm sure you can manage one other than "I don't like it" or "I don't need it", right?

Lol I never said it was a bad idea or that it shouldn't be in the game, if they implement it that's fine by me. However only because they did something in the series doesn't mean they should do it in the game.
+Bruh seriously why is every reply you have like 7 paragraphs nobody got time to read that shit

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 02:51:25 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
It takes less than 10 seconds to read the small posts I've been making. If that's too difficult (or too much hassle) for you, don't get involved.

Considering you said "there ain't gon' be no barber NPC lmfao", that implies that you don't like the idea. Regardless of that, there's no point chiming into a suggestion topic if you're not actually giving any feedback and are instead just criticising the person posting the idea.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 02:54:16 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
  • Honor: 52 / 8
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
  • I am a: Shadow Knight
Well mate there will be a lot of dogis, hats...
I don't see point in it.
You make char how you like it but still you will use hats, dogis for look and effect.

If you people wana new hairstyle, make it as hat model, add to DBOR Team and let them add in game.
Since most of you people can't create it, then it can't be added to game.
IGN: IcemanBos
Class: Shadow Knight
Guild: Pride Warriors

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:55:54 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
It takes less than 10 seconds to read the small posts I've been making. If that's too difficult (or too much hassle) for you, don't get involved.

Considering you said "there ain't gon' be no barber NPC lmfao", that implies that you don't like the idea. Regardless of that, there's no point chiming into a suggestion topic if you're not actually giving any feedback and are instead just criticising the person posting the idea.

No, it implies that there isn't gonna be no barber npc lol
And you can't criticise idea's anymore?  If someone has an idea am I not allowed to say if it's good or bad?

+I agree with iceman. Most people will be wearing hats for the effects you get with them so having a barber npc is pointless.

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 02:59:44 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
No, it implies that there isn't gonna be no barber npc lol
And you can't criticise idea's anymore?  If someone has an idea am I not allowed to say if it's good or bad?

+I agree with iceman. Most people will be wearing hats for the effects you get with them so having a barber npc is pointless.
I said don't criticise the person for making the idea - you didn't critique the idea, which is different. Critiquing the idea is saying "I don't think that would work because...", not "lmfao aint gonna happen bruh".

The first is intellectually sound.
The second is intellectually deficient.

Not everyone wears dogis for the stats. I'm certain a lot of people will remove the hats (at least in PvE) to keep their cool hairstyles.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 03:02:12 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
I said don't criticise the person for making the idea - you didn't critique the idea, which is different. Critiquing the idea is saying "I don't think that would work because...", not "lmfao aint gonna happen bruh".

Not everyone wears dogis for the stats. I'm certain a lot of people will remove the hats (at least in PvE) to keep their cool hairstyles.

No one will remove hats to look cool, they will remove it only if effects sucks.
90% players in DBO just look for stats and not look.
Still like I said before, when you creating char, make it to look how you want it. lol

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 03:04:18 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all

You didn't play the game so you don't get how important those stats were. People aren't gonna remove them to look 'cool' smfh.

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 03:08:34 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Alright, so if I play the game, and I find that I can do PvE just fine without hats, does that instantly prove my point correct? Apparently the opposite proves you right, so this should apply as wel.

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 03:11:05 AM »

Offline Xicer

• 4 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
  • I hate you all
Alright, so if I play the game, and I find that I can do PvE just fine without hats, does that instantly prove my point correct? Apparently the opposite proves you right, so this should apply as wel.

No you can do fine without but you would sacrifice better stats just so you could see your lil ponytail? Lmao that's stupid af

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 03:12:32 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!

You don't get do you....
Everyone wants more stats that they can get.
Everyone wana be the best they can be.
Since you didn't play the game, watch what people will do in DBOR.

PVP, PVE, even AFK with full gear, hats, dogis... lol
Still there is in options to hide dogi/hat if you want it that much...

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 03:14:42 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
No you can do fine without but you would sacrifice better stats just so you could see your lil ponytail? Lmao that's stupid af
Iceman literally just said you can hide the hats, so... your point is kind of irrelevant now?

It still is a good feature to have (the ability to change your hair late in the game/after adulthood even). It's still something OTHER players would use. You may not use it, and that's fine, but others will.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 03:20:47 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
Iceman literally just said you can hide the hats, so... your point is kind of irrelevant now?

It still is a good feature to have (the ability to change your hair late in the game/after adulthood even). It's still something OTHER players would use. You may not use it, and that's fine, but others will.

Irrelevant??? I said that you have that options, but few use it only for fun...
Still let me tell you one thing.
Thing you ask it is hard to add, you should as DBOR Team can they do it.
If they add it, cool. If not, cool again..

But mate  99% people/players will work how to get gear, cash, even to get good pets...

You kinda sound like girl to me.. You wana change hairstyle every week...
It is lame mate...

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 03:24:32 AM »

Offline chano

• 4 Dragonballs
  • Honor: 11 / 0
    • View Profile
make another character and it's done, new style/gender.
there is no need to invest time and effort to create that kind of stuff that don't affect to the gameplay.
if you really want it, there are mods to do it by yourself, plus you can have any dogi/style even you could get SSJ look without transformation.

...it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:26:05 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
Irrelevant??? I said that you have that options, but few use it only for fun...
Still let me tell you one thing.
Thing you ask it is hard to add, you should as DBOR Team can they do it.
If they add it, cool. If not, cool again..

But mate  99% people/players will work how to get gear, cash, even to get good pets...

You kinda sound like girl to me.. You wana change hairstyle every week...
It is lame mate...
I never said I wanted to change my hair every week, and even if I had wanted to, why would that expressly be a girl thing? What, girls are vain? Is that your point? I'm not sure the female members of the forums would agree with that assessment.

I WAS asking the staff to add it. Until Xicer came into the discussion and started attacking me at every turn, as he seems to enjoy doing.

Literally all of the players I personally know would benefit from the ability to change your hair. As for the "this is DBO not DBZ so it doesnt need to let you change your hair" - I'll remind you that DBO is canon. DB had hair changes. DBZ had hair changes. Even GT had them. DBO definitely should have them, as part of the official Dragonball canon.

Given that DBO was only really at beta level when it got shut down, it's likely they would've added this feature eventually. It may not be OFFICIALLY included anymore thanks to the project being pulled, but at the very least it could be added in this unofficial release of the game.

EDIT:
"No need to invest time into things that don't affect gameplay". I've seen people ask for cosmetic changes on these forums before. Like Saiyan tails. And that's something the mods have said they'd like to add in their AMAs. So why is this any different?

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 03:33:16 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
"No need to invest time into things that don't affect gameplay". I've seen people ask for cosmetic changes on these forums before. Like Saiyan tails. And that's something the mods have said they'd like to add in their AMAs. So why is this any different?

That is backpack and not NPC.
It is just cosmetic, like Mr. Satan hair hat and dogi.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 03:35:43 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
I was saying that in regards to new hairstyles in general. But regardless, they'll have to add new NPCs to sell cash shop items etc anyway (which they really don't need to do - I'd be more than happy missing out on the cash items personally, but I understand that what I want and what would benefit everyone are entirely different things).

Making one small NPC to change your hairstyle is no different.

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 03:44:34 AM »

Offline Iceman

• Oolong's Wish
    • View Profile
  • Emperor!
I was saying that in regards to new hairstyles in general. But regardless, they'll have to add new NPCs to sell cash shop items etc anyway (which they really don't need to do - I'd be more than happy missing out on the cash items personally, but I understand that what I want and what would benefit everyone are entirely different things).

Making one small NPC to change your hairstyle is no different.

It won't be NPC for cash shop items.
It will be just edited cash shop, aka Tokens Shop....

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 03:46:06 AM »

Offline Luke[Dumke]

• Administrator
  • Dragon King's Focus
  • Honor: 168 / 1
    • View Profile
  • Project Leader
  • I am a: Great Namek
Like Saiyan tails. And that's something the mods have said they'd like to add in their AMAs.

What where?
Project Leader for DBORevelations || Contact Email: Support@dborevelations.com

"We'd rather under-promise and over-deliver"

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 03:49:09 AM »

Offline LordSchmee

• 2 Dragonballs
    • View Profile
What where?
I was certain I'd read in one of the AMA's about adding tails as a belt. The only reference I could find was:
"Will there be possible to add tails?"
"Cosmetic, maybe, but not actual tails."

Still, it's an addition being made that wasn't in the game originally, and is nothing more than a cosmetic change. Same as adding new hairstyles.